Anyone thinking contraception?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi all,

strange question but I'm thinking about this well in advance. It's highly unlikely that we'll want to try for another baby, if indeed we'll have another as 3 is enough for us. We've discussed it at length and it's kind of the agreement that 3 is the magic number lol.

I originally thought I'd go for sterilisation as I really don't want anything to surprise us and we're both very lazy when it comes to using contraception (hence baby number 3 being so keen lol). I'm now thinking coil as while I'm 99% sure that we wont have another, I can't bring myself to think quite so finally about it all. If when the coil needs replacing (is it 3 or 5 years?) then we'll talk about it then as I'll be 33/35 then and we'll be able to make that decision with clear heads.

What's everyone else doing?

The plan at some point is for hubby to have snip, I've said I don't want anymore after this but I am only 25 and worried that it is very final (though I know it can be reversed) so I want to make sure I definately don't want anymore before we take that step. I'll just be going back on the pill after this baby until we've decided on more long term plans xx

Coils a great idea however iv tried all of them and my cervix doesn't like them for some reason! The implant makes me super chubby so think il be looking at the pill again! This is our 2nd though so there could be a 3rd n maybe 4th later down the line but once I'm sure I'm done oh will get the snip, our bodies go threw enough with pregnancy so I think its better they get the snip as its less healing time to xx

What about bfing and the pill? I'm much the same... I want something that's fool proof as its not an option at all for us to have another child but I don't have the heart to terminate if it happened so I wanna avoid it as strongly as possible...
And I'm 23 so snip is a little permanent at this point

Only the mini pill is recommended while breastfeeding, and that can also affect some women's supply. Just be aware. I'm 40 with three kids under five...so my husband is scheduled for a snip next week :)

I've heard of at least 3 different women on the mini pill bfing who conceived by accident lol so don't think I will use it if that's the case ... I don't wanna mess up my bfing and we will have to use our little rubber friends anyway may as well wait to go on the full pill...
Think I may ask dh to snip it up... Lol

My husband's behavior through this pregnancy is all the contraception I need....

I had the implant for 6 years before having it removed to get pregnant.

Once bubs is born I'll be getting it put back in again. Taking the pill is just an accident waiting to happen!

I will be getting the coil as long as my body doesn't react badly to it, I hate needles so the injection is out of the question, I'm useless with the pill hence dd1, my oh will only be 23 when our boy is born so the snip isn't even an option and for us as far as we are concerned 2 is the lot but again want the option later on down the line xx

What about bfing and the pill? I'm much the same... I want something that's fool proof as its not an option at all for us to have another child but I don't have the heart to terminate if it happened so I wanna avoid it as strongly as possible...
And I'm 23 so snip is a little permanent at this point

I've FF'd from birth with both my boys and plan too do the same again so even the small amount of cover you get from BFing isn't an option lol. Pill is as PP said 'an accident waiting to happen' plus I already take 2 sets of pills each day...don't want another lol.

I don't think I could have the heart to ask my hubby to get the snip. He's deathly afraid of Dr's and hospitals, plus that's a delicate area to have messed around with lol :blush: At least with ligation it's keyhole surgery and the pain is gone within a couple of days. Although, I have read that it's only about 75% effective :shrug: - apparently the human body likes to repair it lol :haha:

Sorry I should have specified... I meant bfing whilst on the pill... I don't feel like bfing is a form of contraception at all lol

I was on the pill since 13 for other issues then when I started becoming sexually active upped the strength... I have never once had an accident and it worked for me 100% ...

It worked so well with my body and I hated not being on it when ttc coz my hormones were so balanced and perfect on the pill... However I dunno if I want to be taking it forever either ...

I will be talking to my doctor about sterilisation I am only 26 but catagorically do not want any more children two is more than enough for us and that we have one of each is a bonus but even if we had two boys my decision would be the same xx

Sorry I should have specified... I meant bfing whilst on the pill... I don't feel like bfing is a form of contraception at all lol

I was on the pill since 13 for other issues then when I started becoming sexually active upped the strength... I have never once had an accident and it worked for me 100% ...

It worked so well with my body and I hated not being on it when ttc coz my hormones were so balanced and perfect on the pill... However I dunno if I want to be taking it forever either ...

I should have specified - I'm useless and forgetful at the best of times with the tablets I take currently. I'm never going to be any good at remembering. It's funny I was on the pill from being 16-24 and never missed one but as soon as I got married I just lost all will/ability to take them on time! lol :blush: I'm 30 this year, and we did try the pill between Earl and Eddy but I got so bad at taking them, we just said we'd NTNP in the end! lol :dohh:

lol even if I suggested the snip my partner would laugh at me. he already talking about next one n I havnt even popped yet. Im hoping for coil as have had implant n bled almost constant for 6 months. (sorry for tmi). I don't trust myself on pill.

Oh, I'm glad you brought this up. Hubby and I need to think about it. Neither of us want to be snipped, and since I'm over 35 I'm not happy about the pill anymore (plus wouldn't take it while bfing, anyway). Maybe we'll go with spermicidal gel or something? Anyone know efficacy of that? Since it took me over a year to get pregnant, and my cycles have never been great, anyway, maybe we don't even have to worry about it?

I will be getting sterilised at the same time as my planned c-section, this baby is mine and hubbies 3rd and he has 2 from his first marriage the oldest been 21! So with a 21 year old, 18 year old, 13 year old, 5 year old and one due in 4 weeks I think we're done!!!

I plan on never using contraception again, since getting pregnant naturally is unlikely. (I guess there are some upsides to it).

I've tried the pill and mini-pill and would never go back to either of them. They either made me sick or turned me into psycho woman. I did have the copper coil (non-hormonal) prior to starting ttc and most of the month loved it, apart from when AF arrived and I was doubled up in pain and having to use super strength pads and tampons at the same time. But not everyone has these side effects.

I'm awful with birth control so as soon as we have our last Dh will get sniped! They all make me feel so gross and b*tchy lol!!

I've been thinking about which contraceptive to use since i seen the 2 pink lines on the test...lol...this one was planned and very much expected BUUUUUT were not planning a sibling ANY time soon and i'd rather not have any oopsies! I was thinking coils since its a 5 year plan and you can have it removed anytime you want. I've heard of people getting pregnant even with the use of contraceptives but i think that has something to do with the way your body reacts to it. I was on the depo shot for almost 2 years and never got pregnant and it took almost 3 years for me to get pregnant once i stopped getting the shot.. i read somewhere (cant remember the site) that the mirena coils is alot like the depo just with less symptoms i think it even said without hormones...so its not supposed to make you cranky or look like a teenager again. Im also debating condoms added with my contraceptive just for extra protection...i reallllly dont want another baby before im ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->