Anyone thinking contraception?

Im haveing a BRAC genetic test done after baby is here because mu sister died if cancer and hearing about angelina jolie haveing it done its made me want to get it done, but if it comes back with a high percentage im haveing ny ovaries took away, if it comes back ok im haveing the coil i dong want anymore tbf OH wants another but id want to wait a good while x

Reeeallly look into all the side effects of ovarian removal before you get it done. It's instant false menopause and extremely bad for your mental and physical health. If I absolutely had to be 100% sure of not conceiving, I would have my fallopian tubes completely removed, not just clipped. I would not have my ovaries removed because they do so much besides make eggs. Just my 2 cents.

I think she was thinking of having them removed due to a family risk of ovarian cancer more so than birth control.

Im haveing a BRAC genetic test done after baby is here because mu sister died if cancer and hearing about angelina jolie haveing it done its made me want to get it done, but if it comes back with a high percentage im haveing ny ovaries took away, if it comes back ok im haveing the coil i dong want anymore tbf OH wants another but id want to wait a good while x

Reeeallly look into all the side effects of ovarian removal before you get it done. It's instant false menopause and extremely bad for your mental and physical health. If I absolutely had to be 100% sure of not conceiving, I would have my fallopian tubes completely removed, not just clipped. I would not have my ovaries removed because they do so much besides make eggs. Just my 2 cents.

Id have them removed if it came back that im carrying the cancer gene my sister died young and u have my kids to think about but if all is ok and i dont carry it then ill have the coil

Hi all,

strange question but I'm thinking about this well in advance. It's highly unlikely that we'll want to try for another baby, if indeed we'll have another as 3 is enough for us. We've discussed it at length and it's kind of the agreement that 3 is the magic number lol.

I originally thought I'd go for sterilisation as I really don't want anything to surprise us and we're both very lazy when it comes to using contraception (hence baby number 3 being so keen lol). I'm now thinking coil as while I'm 99% sure that we wont have another, I can't bring myself to think quite so finally about it all. If when the coil needs replacing (is it 3 or 5 years?) then we'll talk about it then as I'll be 33/35 then and we'll be able to make that decision with clear heads.

What's everyone else doing?

Try the Paraguard copper IUD/coil. They last for 10 years, have no hormones so no effect on breastfeeding or loss of cycle (which makes me paranoid that I'm pregnant to be honest).

We are going to go with either the IUD if insurance will cover it, or natural family planning with extreme caution.... hormones really mess with my system, and it sucks because my birth control choices are super limited because of it. :(

I plan on never using contraception again, since getting pregnant naturally is unlikely. (I guess there are some upsides to it).

Please be careful! If you don't plan on more children, you should use something. My good friend was ttc for 5 years, 3 rounds of IVF before she had her first. She felt the same as you and found out she was pregnant on her own at her sons 6 month check up. Now she has 3 little ones.

Hi all,

strange question but I'm thinking about this well in advance. It's highly unlikely that we'll want to try for another baby, if indeed we'll have another as 3 is enough for us. We've discussed it at length and it's kind of the agreement that 3 is the magic number lol.

I originally thought I'd go for sterilisation as I really don't want anything to surprise us and we're both very lazy when it comes to using contraception (hence baby number 3 being so keen lol). I'm now thinking coil as while I'm 99% sure that we wont have another, I can't bring myself to think quite so finally about it all. If when the coil needs replacing (is it 3 or 5 years?) then we'll talk about it then as I'll be 33/35 then and we'll be able to make that decision with clear heads.

What's everyone else doing?

Try the Paraguard copper IUD/coil. They last for 10 years, have no hormones so no effect on breastfeeding or loss of cycle (which makes me paranoid that I'm pregnant to be honest).

We are going to go with either the IUD if insurance will cover it, or natural family planning with extreme caution.... hormones really mess with my system, and it sucks because my birth control choices are super limited because of it. :(

I'd be going copper coil definitely rather than anything hormonal. I don't like having too much in my body these days (already have to take thyroxine and will most likely be back on anti-ds for a while after baby is here so another thing in the mix isn't a nice thought).

Nice to know I'm not the only one thinking about this. My MW seems to think I'm crazy as she doesn't normally hear people talking about prevention while still pregnant (but, once bitten and all that! lol).

I refuse to use anything with hormones in it and I certainly don't want a foreign object implanted in my body. We are going to just use the pull out method and/or condoms. I also know my body very well and when I ovulate so we will just be taking extra precautions around that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->