Anyone thinking contraception?

not thought about this yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

did 3 months injection last time as easier than remembering pill then i had an implant which i loved...........

no more babies planned but dont like the finality of snip or sterilisation........maybe have the implant again for a while and then husband can get snipped.................

Implant almost straight after having her.

You can have implant whilst BFing

we are planning to use the mini pill after the birth. my PCOS is hardcore so anything implanted is a no go, shot is a no go, and bcp's are the only form of bc where I feel totally in control. I love my husband but he tends to lead me into irresponsible situations in this case...and we are really good at breaking condoms for some reason :blush:

If it's covered by my state medical, I'll get a uterine implant even though the idea of it kind of bothers me. I've been told it can be felt during sex (icky weird) and that you can't feel if it comes out, thus leaving you unprotected.

If it's not, I'll go back on the pills I can get through planned parenthood for free/donation.

DH & I have been thinking about this too. He doesn't want to get snipped and while we're 99% sure we don't want anymore children I don't want the option to be taken away completely. The thought of the pill doesn't thrill me too much...I was on the Mirena IUD before we got pregnant and may get this again...although I've heard some negative things about this too :wacko:

I think we will use the pull out method (such a proven method lol) because while I don't want another one straight away/if at all, it's not the end of the world if we do & I don't believe in taking the pill (not natural) & my OH won't get the snip. We are both getting on a bit (me 40, OH 45) so our fertility levels are dropping anyhow.

I think we will use the pull out method (such a proven method lol) because while I don't want another one straight away/if at all, it's not the end of the world if we do & I don't believe in taking the pill (not natural) & my OH won't get the snip. We are both getting on a bit (me 40, OH 45) so our fertility levels are dropping anyhow.

Yup this is basically us, too. I think DH is more determined to not have a second whereas I probably wouldn't mind. Hadn't thought of the pull out method, but that could work for us, too. Is there anything else still being used out there, other than condoms, surgeries, or pills?

We want more, but not IMMEDIATELY, lol. We will be using Fertility Awareness and condoms. I have a minor blood clotting thing, so I can't take the pill anymore (quit 2 years ago) and I don't like anything about IUDs at all, so that leaves diaphragm, which I know we're too lazy for, or spermicidal gel, which irritates the bejeezus out of my hoo-ha, so no to that one. DH is fine with condoms, and I am confident that we can use FAM both to prevent and obtain conception. Plus, I am going to BF on demand indefinitely, and that spaced out my siblings to almost 2 years apart on the dot for my parents, so fingers crossed that works for us too!

We'll use condoms until we decide about #3.. If we plan on waiting a while for #3 I might go on the pill. OH will get the snip but probably not until we're 40ish as I want to be totally sure we're done!

I had the mirena IUD between lo 1 and 2 and was thinking about the copper one this time (paragard) but after reading how it works (by continuously irritating the uterus lining) and about the increase in CM (I have had enough CM to last me a life time!) I think we'll go with condoms

We dont have to worry about contraception as we have to do ivf to be able to conceive

We dont have to worry about contraception as we have to do ivf to be able to conceive

I don't know your circumstance but I will just say after being adopted myself and hearing lots of stories from friends After they adopted or had a successful ivf round they accidentally conceived even though thought impossible ... Something about the hormonal changes And lack of stress etc once having a baby...

Of course again I don't know your circumstance just thought I'd share :)

Unsure whether I will do it straight away or not, but I'll be going back on the implant (lasts 3 years) even though I plan to try for a second kid probably 18 months after I give birth to this one.

I don't know your circumstance but I will just say after being adopted myself and hearing lots of stories from friends After they adopted or had a successful ivf round they accidentally conceived even though thought impossible ... Something about the hormonal changes And lack of stress etc once having a baby...

Of course again I don't know your circumstance just thought I'd share :)

Would be great if that happens but I have no tubes due to ectopics so my oh and I are going on the adoption list and saving for ivf again to do in 3 year (depends on what comes first) we would love two children

Oh best of luck :)

Adoption and ivf are such fantastic things :)

Im haveing a BRAC genetic test done after baby is here because mu sister died if cancer and hearing about angelina jolie haveing it done its made me want to get it done, but if it comes back with a high percentage im haveing ny ovaries took away, if it comes back ok im haveing the coil i dong want anymore tbf OH wants another but id want to wait a good while x

After our third baby, DH wanted the snip, but I said it was a bit extreme and that I would get the implant.
I DID get the implant but I bled sooooo much for months and months after that I ended up taking it out.

After that we did things like withdrawal and rhythm method.

Fast forward down the line, and one time when I shouldn't have been ovulating....well apparently I was *smacks head*

hence why I'm now on the brink of having baby number 4.

Just to add - DH has had the snip now! lol

After our third baby, DH wanted the snip, but I said it was a bit extreme and that I would get the implant.
I DID get the implant but I bled sooooo much for months and months after that I ended up taking it out.

After that we did things like withdrawal and rhythm method.

Fast forward down the line, and one time when I shouldn't have been ovulating....well apparently I was *smacks head*

hence why I'm now on the brink of having baby number 4.

Just to add - DH has had the snip now! lol

Exactly what happened to us after a perfect 5 years of no issues with withdrawal. One cycle, I randomly ovulated late and bam. Here we are. Must look into something once baby gets here...

Im haveing a BRAC genetic test done after baby is here because mu sister died if cancer and hearing about angelina jolie haveing it done its made me want to get it done, but if it comes back with a high percentage im haveing ny ovaries took away, if it comes back ok im haveing the coil i dong want anymore tbf OH wants another but id want to wait a good while x

Reeeallly look into all the side effects of ovarian removal before you get it done. It's instant false menopause and extremely bad for your mental and physical health. If I absolutely had to be 100% sure of not conceiving, I would have my fallopian tubes completely removed, not just clipped. I would not have my ovaries removed because they do so much besides make eggs. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->