Anyone trying for #2 around cd 4?

Aw thanks guys it hasn't quite sunk in yet! This cycle was the first cycle we did exactly the same pattern as what we did when we conceived our lo. That included two days before the first high, the second high, both peak days and final high. The only day we missed every single time was the second peak so I reckons that's when it happens for me I wonder?

I made a 'club only child' t shirt with the membership expiry date and let my lo open the front door when daddy came home- he saw it straight away! He's thrilled too :) I'm due in September- shall jump on one of those pregnant calculators in a min to see roughly when.

Dogtanian for me the cbfm definitely works so I really hope it does for u too- I couldn't recommend it to anyone enough. It definitely caught my peaks and was just our fault we didn't dtd on any cycle on the second peak. Fingers crossed for ur BFP very soon hun xx

Fleur how do you add photos? Whenever I click the mountain photo icon it asks for a web URL? I've never been any good at adding photos on here :-(

I don't know!!! I tried to do it too but couldn't figure out how as I'm totally useless :) tell me what test you did and I will imagine it! Have you done one test or have you gone crazy?! ;-)

Aw that's so lovely how you told hubby! What fabulous new year news to tell all your families! So happy for you :-D

Ps 100% agree with cbfm being amazing - best £60 I ever spent! Hope it brings you a BFP too dogtanian - everything very firmly crossed! Xx

Lol it was a Morissons one first- I didn't even know they sold them and they're only £3.50 and went home. Took test and it was very clearly 2 lines so I really didn't need to do another but I felt I needed to lol! I then went and bought a cb digi one and it flashed up pregnant straight away! I'm cd28 today so was quite surprised to get such a definite answer as my cycles can be 30 days long.

The t shirt I made with fabric pens on a white Tshirt and copied this design https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/105245354/only-child-shirt-for-big-brother-to-be?ref=cat_gallery_6

How are u doing Fleur? It'll be your 20 week scan before u know it! Xx

Oh I've heard those tests are good! Yay that's so brilliant!!

Ah love the t- shirt! You will have to save it to show baby when it's older!

Have you told anyone else? I always get Tourette's when I find out I'm pregnant and want to tell everyone!!!

I'm good thanks - definitely starting to show now, my clothes are tight! I dug out my maternity clothes but they're all old and stretched! I told my new manager at work today and she was so lovely about it. So now we can tell the world and his uncle and let the belly hang out ;-)

20wk scan is on 11 feb so not long to go now!

So what will you do next? Gp appointment? X

Haven't told anyone else... Yet lol! I'm going to stay with my parents this weekend with lo so hubby can do a few bits round the house. I'm so close with my mum and sister I couldn't not tell them and we told them straight away last time too. They understand about miscarriage rates in the first tri so they'll keep it to themselves. Only sad thing is oh won't be there to share it with them too but he doesn't seem to mind and is happy for me to go ahead and tell them tomorrow :)

Ohh that's a good excuse to go shopping and treat yourself lol ;-) I'm quite strange in that I love maternity clothes lol. I prefer things being that bit baggier anyway and hate things clinging to my tummy area. So new clothes sound good to me :) I'm a saddo and bought myself a sewing machine off Gumtree and picked it up this morning before I found out. Bought it with my christmas money and now have a perfect excuse to make cute baby things he he. Just got to figure out how to use it...lol.

Gosh the 11th isn't far away at all hun! Can't remember if you said you're finding out bubba's sex or not?

Shall give the docs a call tomorrow and see when I go in :) I'm due 11th of Sept based on a 28 day cycle or 13th Sept based on a 30 day cycle. My cycles are usually either 28 days or 30. Eek :)

Oh and also I kind of thought I was pregnant due to the symptoms I've had this week. I had intense period pains for a whole week and I mean proper proper full blown pain. I also had a really really sore bust. I usually get period pain up to a week before AF but this pain was unreal! :)

Oh wow, twinks congratulations!! What brilliant new year news!! I'm so thrilled for you! Another cbfm success story!!

I've been thinking my old maternity clothes are probably all really stretched as well and so I won't be able to wear them as early this time but they will be ok for when I'm bigger. It's quite exciting shopping for maternity clothes hehe! Fleur it's so exciting that you are showing already, I'm still just bloated.

I've told my close family now, my mum and dad, sister and husbands mum, dad and brother. We won't tell anyone else after the scan. If it was up to me I'd only tell my mum and sister but its not fair on hubby then I guess if he can't tell his mum. Not long till my scan now anyway, can't wait.

Congrats again twinks x

Definitely! Without the cbfm I would never know when to dtd. Also my peak days change so sometimes they were cd 13 and 14 and then in Dec my peak days were cd 15 and 16 (again the same peak days I got with ds lol!)

Argh I'm loving the maternity shopping girls! I just lived in leggings last time- what did u guys wear trouser wise? I didn't look too trendy lol :)

Fleur are u feeling any movement yet? I read somewhere a while ago that u feel movement earlier with a second? Don't know if that's true or not? If you're not I bet you will very soon :-D

Mrs W when's your scan? :)

Thanks girls for the congrats we're over the moon! X

My scan is a week Monday, I can't wait, just so I know if everything is ok and can finally tell work and friends. Fingers crossed all is ok.

I wore leggings a lot last time and I had a pair of maternity jeans which were good. Trackie bottoms at home though! Oh and mainly dresses or a stretchy skirt and tops at work. Isabella Oliver do amazing stuff, expensive but can get on eBay cheaper and it's good quality. I found some maternity stuff is such poor quality, I have mothercare tops with holes in, I know you only need them 9 months max but they should last longer than that!

Congratulations Twinks! What an exciting start to the year! I'm super pleased for you.xx

I've been doing some thinking recently, and I'm considering stopping NTNP / TTC. Time wise it isn't amazing for us and we keep missing my peak weeks due to illness etc. and I don't think we're making the effort it needs to get lucky. This week I've been struck down with a frozen shoulder. It hurts to move so bding hasn't exactly happened.

I barely got big enough for maternity clothes last time. I have plenty that still have labels in. I got by with maternity leggings under normal sized jumpers, jumper dresses and long tops. I had two pairs of mat jeans which I wore with normal vest tops and cardis and a few Asos maternity dresses for work and special occasions. I didn't really wear any maternity wear until 6mths and yet I still thought I was massive!! D'oh!

Looking forward to hearing great scan news soon xx

Hi girls,

Notnic - sorry that you've had a frozen shoulder - ouch! Well if you decide to stop ntnp/ttc please stay on the thread! You just have to do what feels right - having a second child is a big decision and it isn't a race after all! No prizes for first place (maybe the opposite in fact!!) ;-)

Twinks - how are you doing? Did you tell your mum and sis? I bet they're over the moon for you!! Hope you're feeling ok, remember you said you had hg last time :-(

I got a load of new mat clothes yesterday inc some fab jeans from h&m - I never clocked they did mat gear before but I'm so pleased with my new bits which don't look like they've been worn by a humongous ogre!!!!!

Hope everyone is ready for the big return to work tomorrow? I worked last Thursday so it was nice to ease back in - not looking forward to a full week of it though :-(

Xx

H&M was where I got my mat leggings from last time! So comfy and reasonably priced. I got a few tops from there too (some are the ones with tags! Oops!). A lovely pussycat bow blouse for work and a knitted dress.

I'll definitely stay put though. It will probably just be a few months off while thinks at work etc, settle down. Ideally we want less than a 3yr age gap and if we were to get pg now, F will only be 2yrs 4mths. Trying to get some Physio sorted for the neck / shoulder next week. I've had it before and I was in pain the whole winter. Just not practical with a toddler! His swimming lessons start this week too.

Hope u feel better soon Not Nic- a frozen shoulder doesn't sound fun :-( Hope you're managing to get rest and that it sorts itself out quickly. Totally agree with Fleur in that u have to ttc when you feel ready. They more of an age gap the easier it might be anyway with the first one being able to talk/ at play school etc. There's definitely no right or wrong :)

I've just ordered a jacket off EBay whoop whoop! I've really got to curb my spending but it was just soo nice lol. It's just a warm looking parka from Zara, can't wait to get it :)

Fleur I'm feeling really good at the mo thanks. The HG kicked in at 6 weeks on the dot last time so I've bought ginger biscuits, crackers, ginger soda, acupressure bands and I'm ready should it come. It was hell last time and swore if never have another child after going through it. I love kids so much tho and my lo is so lovely I could never imagine myself not having a bigger family. Soo I thought I'd prepare for it and if it happens it happens and if it doesn't great. Plus I like ginger biccys anyway he he ;-) so they'll get eaten regardless :-D it got easier by 15 weeks and had gone by 18 weeks last time so I've just gotta hang in there and it will all be worth it. How does it feel being in the 2nd tri? Have u been to any midwife appointments yet? Have u heard baby's heart beat? I've got my first docs appointment this Friday :)

HI girls

Oooh twinks - jacket sounds so nice. I really need a new jacket/coat and ummed and ahhed about getting a maternity one but I've left it for the time being.

How many days/weeks are you now twinks? fingers crossed that no hg comes your way this time although it sounds like you're prepared!! My NCT buddy had it (both times i'm sorry to say :( and it was truly horrid but as you say, through the worst of it by start of second tri and so worth it!

I'm feeling alright - keep thinking I feel a little flutter but nothing proper yet I dont think - I am 15w tomorrow and I remember getting it at 16w last time so we'll see! I am still feeling totally knackered but i dont think that will ever change!!!!! My midwife appt is on 23 Jan so a couple of weeks to go. I also got my consultant appointment through yesterday for 13 Feb (this is on account of the fact that my dd was born 6 weeks early) - i dont think they will say anything really but its always good to feel like you're being looked after doesnt it!

xx

Hi everyone
Just checking in.Hope you are all well.
Im currently CD22 with low on the CBFM and no sign of OV.Im not letting it get me down as ive looked back over my charts the last 3 cycles and i have actually OV'd according to temp,ive just missed it with OPK,as i was expecting it another time and didnt test all the way through my cycle,this cycle i will not miss it!! It was CD36 last time,i just have to except that my cycles are irregular now,hoping the b complex and agnus castus will kick in soon

:dust:

Hey Dogtanian I was just thinking yesterday about how u are doing :) Hang in there hun if you're testing every day you'll pick up the surge :) I know I told u before but my husband and I dtd every other day in the run up to ov, the second high day, both peaks and final high. I definitely get preggers by dtd on those peak days. I know everyone's different tho so hope this cycle is the one for you :)

I'm 5 weeks and a day today and had my first docs appointment which went well. I have a midwife appointment in 4 weeks and my scan will then be booked.

Fleur have u had your midwife appointment yet?

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"