anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Haking, I'm sorry to hear about your SIL. That would be so sad. :( I hope they're blessed with a miracle, whether its a baby despite the odds or the money to afford IVF. :hugs:

My grandma is going to get DD one of the push/ride on toys for Christmas, so I'm excited to see how she likes it.

eeeeeeee christmas talk!!!!

we have a tradition with our kids where we let them open a present the night before. we always make sure its some new jammies they can where all day on christmas. i thought for sure the older two had caught on, so we were joking about it with them and they had no idea :dohh: i guess they just always assumed it just happened to be jams :lol:

pie- sorry about your sickness! yuck i hate ms :(

haking and spiffy- love the ride on toys! i did have one that acted scared of them :shrug: he is 5 now and loves to play on the babies ones lol

harley- hope he is ok from the shots

lol thats awesome spiffy! it just seems to work good. if i have them in their new jams the night before they can just have some hot choccy, go to bed, and get up the next day early to open presents. :xmas12:

Aww Haking so sorry to hear about your SIL.. hope they are blessed eventually with another..

Hope you ladies are doing well.. love christmas talk :)

I am so excited for christmas this year.. my dd is 3 so she is soo into santa and such.. i cant wait for the excitement.. :)

not long till ttc starts.. ;)

Oooo, Rojo, you're so close! I hope you get lucky the first month TTC! Here's my little piece of advice, because I wish I would have just done it the first month: during your fertile week, get those feet in the air after sex! Seriously, I realized that both times I conceived it was when I started doing this. Gravity sends those swimmers straight home! :winkwink:

Agreed! Hips up, feet in the air! :)

I love the Christmas Eve jammies idea! I know some families that do that and I think I might adopt that tradition when Ozzy is old enough to appreciate it. Our Christmas Eve tradition growing up was to BEG my parents to let us open JUST ONE present that night, but they NEVER let us!!! :xmas18:

I just went to Old Navy and bought Daniel and myself some Christmas jammies. Yay!

Pie, I'm so sorry you are feeling that sick. Hope you can find something that works to help ease it.

Spiffy, that is a crazy dream. Canoe paddles? What?

My first day went really well. It feels so nice to be back there, and everyone seemed genuinely excited to have me back. :) And the training is going really well. Kind of like riding a bike, except a few things have really changed in term s of procedure for the job I'll be doing. It's strange; it feels so familiar yet all so new at the same time. I think I'll settle in really well, though. And it's nice to be going back around Christmas time. I get to be part of all the parties and gift exchanges and such. :xmas10:

spiffy- i forgot to say i loved that dream! preggo dreams are the best :thumbup:

harley- sounds like a nice day. :) great job!

Spiffy, I'm sorry but I laughed at the description of your dream :haha: Crazy that weird dreams are a side effect of pregnancy, isn't it? I remember having crazy dreams when I was pregnant. We were team yellow and I had 2 dreams where I knew what gender the baby was, and in both dreams baby was a boy! I just remember it because it was so neat that my subconscious was accurate!

HAKing, so sorry about your SIL's news. Praying they don't lose hope :hugs:

Blessed, that's so fun that you have that tradition, we never got to open a present on Christmas Eve!

Yay Rojo! :happydance: Spiffy's advise is really good, let gravity do the work!

Harley, I'm glad you had such a nice day back at work. And yay, you get to be part of the Christmas celebrations there! I miss my job a lot of days, more than I expected myself to, for sure! I miss the people, the adult conversation, the feeling of accomplishment after a hard day's work, etc.

Pita, I'm with you on that. I love being a stay at home mom, and wouldn't trade it for the world, but I seriously miss the adult conversation! It will be nice when my LO can talk, because even baby conversation will be better than nothing! :haha:

Harley, I'm glad your first day went well! I'm not sure, did you ever tell us if you told them you were pregnant or not? If you did, how did it go?

Yeah, like I said, my dreams were weird before I got pregnant. I remember one I had a couple of months ago where I was on a boat shaped like a shark and The Jetsons (an old American cartoon, for you UK ladies) started popping out of random places on the boat. And then of course there were the 6 triplet dreams I had. Oh, and lets not forget the one where Pielette was my MIL! :haha:

(Okay, I keep forgetting to say this, but if you notice any bizarre typos, I apologize. I don't think I mentioned, but on eof my pregnancy symptoms last time and again this time, is that I suddenly really struggle to type. Like my brain just can't hack it. So I have to put a lot of concentration into it, and sometimes I miss things. :blush:)

HAKing, that is too bad about your sister. $10k is a lot for something that's not even guaranteed to work. :( Hope something works out for them!

Spiffy, I did tell them right away on the phone after accepting the job. I had a conversation with my manager today about how it will work when I leave since don't actually have maternity benefits from them. I will only receive the government maternity payments (50% of my average weekly wage), but the company will continue to provide my extended medical coverage (prescriptions, dental, chiropractic, etc.). So that's nice. They will hire someone on a short-term contract to replace me while I'm on my "maternity leave." We haven't yet discussed how long I will be gone, but the maximum I could take is a year and my absolute minimum that I want to be at home is 6 months.

She also asked me when I want to tell the rest of my coworkers and I said I don't know, but it's going to be hard to hide it because I'm already showing. She said, "Yeah, I know!" Aaaahhhh! I'm huuuuuge!

Oh, and here's some pictures of Ozzy in his Christmas jammies!

(They are from Carter's.)

Attachments

• Christmas jam jams.jpg
    Christmas jam jams.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Merry Christmas from Ozzy and Fozzy.jpg
    Merry Christmas from Ozzy and Fozzy.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Ozzy throws Fozzy.jpg
    Ozzy throws Fozzy.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 5
wowzer i havent been on for a few days and theres lots to catch up on but wil read it all when i get a chance. hope ur all well! gosh december is like the busiest time of the year!!
my bestie just told me shes pregnant with number 2 i knew she was already coz i had a dream she was pregnant lol and it was so acurate lol she was 5 weeks in my dream and shes 5 weeks now ( well so she thinks but she didnt get a period last month either) anywhoo. sorry i dont get in here much !! its so hard to keep up xx

Harley, I'm glad everything seems to be working out so well for you with the job. Canada is awesome when it comes to maternity leave, since in the US, your time is usually 4 weeks off for a vaginal birth and 6 weeks for a c-section. Any additional time comes out of your vacation or personal leave time, and when that's taken up, you're just absent with out pay (and that's if your company lets you take more time off). :growlmad: Of course, I didn't have to worry about that because I just quit my job when I had DD, but I know friends who have had to just jump back to work after 4 weeks, regardless of how well they felt.

Ozzy is so adorable in his Christmas jammies! Alia has two pairs of Christmas jammies, but they're hand-me-downs, so they're not nearly as cute. However, I did get her a little Christmas dress, so I'll have to post a picture of her in it when it get's closer to Christmas. :)

Youngwife, that's so weird that your dream came true! I had a dream last night that my SIL was pregnant with twins, but lets hope that doesn't come true, because she and my brother are going through a divorce, so that would be pretty strange! :haha: The funny thing is, in my dream I had just announced my pregnancy and then they made their announcement, and I was thinking, "Seriously? Twins? You just had to one-up me, didn't you?" :haha:

I feel so blessed to have that amount of time off with pay (even if it is only half). This last year has been so amazing, since Daniel works from home, Ozzy basically got to spend all day every day with both of us. I really treasure that.

Oh, yes! I want to see Alia in her Christmas dress! I sure hope I have a little girl someday to put in cute holiday dresses! :)

Youngwife, that is pretty cool that your dream came true. That's fun that you and your friend will have kids close in age. Are your first kids close in age too?

Spiffy, I sure hope your dream doesn't come true, because that would be awkward. You have been having some weird dreams lately. In my dream last night, Daniel was dating a high schooler. !!! Nobody thought it was weird because we all thought she was graduating this year, but then I asked him and he told me she was in grade 9. Then I was the only one questioning why he was dating her, but not because he's my husband and the father of my child but because she was so young! :doh: So strange.

spiffy/harley- i said rhe same thing to DH. we should move to canada for the year off maternity. then i said, wait i dont work anyway :haha::dohh:

i looove the preggy dreams. my DH asked me once why he was always such a butthead in my dreams. :shrug:

Harley, I'm glad everything seems to be working out so well for you with the job. Canada is awesome when it comes to maternity leave, since in the US, your time is usually 4 weeks off for a vaginal birth and 6 weeks for a c-section. Any additional time comes out of your vacation or personal leave time, and when that's taken up, you're just absent with out pay (and that's if your company lets you take more time off). :growlmad: Of course, I didn't have to worry about that because I just quit my job when I had DD, but I know friends who have had to just jump back to work after 4 weeks, regardless of how well they felt.

Ozzy is so adorable in his Christmas jammies! Alia has two pairs of Christmas jammies, but they're hand-me-downs, so they're not nearly as cute. However, I did get her a little Christmas dress, so I'll have to post a picture of her in it when it get's closer to Christmas. :)

Youngwife, that's so weird that your dream came true! I had a dream last night that my SIL was pregnant with twins, but lets hope that doesn't come true, because she and my brother are going through a divorce, so that would be pretty strange! :haha: The funny thing is, in my dream I had just announced my pregnancy and then they made their announcement, and I was thinking, "Seriously? Twins? You just had to one-up me, didn't you?" :haha:

hha that bit in red made me laugh. and oh gosh that wouldnt be good if there going through a divvorce xx

Oh, and here's some pictures of Ozzy in his Christmas jammies!

(They are from Carter's.)

aww soooo adorable. i have a few things from carters that my mother inlaw sent over from america they dont have carters in the uk i dont think. xx

I feel so blessed to have that amount of time off with pay (even if it is only half). This last year has been so amazing, since Daniel works from home, Ozzy basically got to spend all day every day with both of us. I really treasure that.

Oh, yes! I want to see Alia in her Christmas dress! I sure hope I have a little girl someday to put in cute holiday dresses! :)

Youngwife, that is pretty cool that your dream came true. That's fun that you and your friend will have kids close in age. Are your first kids close in age too?

Spiffy, I sure hope your dream doesn't come true, because that would be awkward. You have been having some weird dreams lately. In my dream last night, Daniel was dating a high schooler. !!! Nobody thought it was weird because we all thought she was graduating this year, but then I asked him and he told me she was in grade 9. Then I was the only one questioning why he was dating her, but not because he's my husband and the father of my child but because she was so young! :doh: So strange.

Not as close as this baby wil be hehe i think this baby and hers will be 4 months apart. and my daughter and her son are 2 years apart, she had her first when she was 18 or 17 i had harmonie when i was 21 xx

Wow loads to catch up on!

Harley that's great about the job :thumbup: Fantastic that it's all going so well. We're lucky here as well with our maternity leave, I had a year off before I resigned to be a SAHM. I can't believe how little you guys get in the US :nope: 4 or 6 weeks is just crazy, that amount of time passes in the blink of an eye.

Love Ozzy in his Christmas jammies!

Spiffy you really do have some crazy dreams :haha: Lots of multiple references in them too :winkwink: Heehee it'll be interesting to find out how many there actually are!

Oh HAKing that's so sad about your SIL :nope: Really hope they can find a way through it. I guess we should always remind ourselves how lucky we are. Being a mum is the best thing I've ever done and I can't imagine not having that in my life :cry:

How cool that your dream came true youngwife! Have you ever had that happen before?

All is good my end, well as good as possible while feeling yucky :growlmad: Thank you for the get well wishes! Funny spiffy I keep thinking ooh maybe it's a girl but I'm trying not to dwell on it. I would love love love to have a girlie, don't know if I'll ever be blessed with a daughter though because DH's family are full of boys. We shall see :flower: Obviously I'll be delighted to be a mum to two little boys too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->