anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Blessed, I'm glad the link worked! And I'm glad you like it. :) We already have a nice framed copy, but we just never got around to putting pictures up in this house, and now that we're going to be moving again in March, I figure, what's the point? :dohh:

Haking, I'm so glad you already got an ultrasound! 6 weeks already, awesome! I had a feeling based on your hcg that you would be a little ways in. :winkwink:

Okay, you ladies remember that blue shirt that I wore a few weeks ago, and then realized I looked as big as I did at 16 weeks with DD? Well, I'm wearing it again today, and I can't even button it up anymore! :dohh: Here's a picture I just took. I pretty much have to tell friends or family as soon as I see them in person now, because if I don't they just look at my stomach and probably wonder what's up.

Attachments

• 9 Weeks.jpg
    9 Weeks.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 3
spiffy- i would do the same. no point in putting them up for 3 months :wacko: i think its always a good idea to decorate with reminders of faith and values. our whole home has scriptures and such here and there :flower: look at that baby bump!!!!!!!! how gorgeous :cloud9:

DueJan, I too am a thrift-store shopper, I don't like to pay full price for things, especially clothes. Baby clothes are the worst, I can buy several outfits for the price that I would pay for one brand-new outfit, and they're just as cute!

blessed, that's so nice that some other families gave you books that they had grown out of, I'm sure that'll give you a jump start on next year! I love how you have all your kids' baby pictures up, with stockings underneath them. We also have Christmas lights put up around our living room, but they tend to reside there all year long :haha: I haven't seen the movie Courageous yet, but I've heard of it and it's on my Netflix queue.

HAKing, that's awesome! Now you can get excited :dance: That's really cool that they were able to get you in so last minute!

Oh Spiffy, your baby bump is beautiful!

pita and spiffy- you will love courageous. its really good! my DH had to buy it immediately. its made by these pastors at a church that also made flywheel, facing the giants, and fireproof. they are some faves at our house so we knew we would like courageous.

we hardly ever buy anything new. especially clothes. i just cant see spending that much money when you can get so much more for less. one great thing about having a big family is that everyone drops off clothes all the time. seriously bags and bags of clothes! people from church and relatives/friends always think of us when they are getting rid of things. and what we cant use we take to this place in the community called 'his helping hands' that gives things out to people for free.

Ah! This thread moves so fast, and I just can't be on here as much as I'd like. :( Sorry if it seems like I'm ignoring some posts.... I really don't intend to.

A few quick replies:

Spiffy, cute bump! I can't hide my tummy any more either. My manager said yesterday, "Wow, you're really popping!" :doh: Good thing I'm telling "the world" soon.

HAKing, that is suuuuper exciting! So nice that you got an ultrasound to get an accurate due date. We're going to have a lot of summer babies from this thread! I love it. Sorry the MS is already starting. Hope it's not too bad and/or doesn't last too long. I've been sipping a Coke in the afternoons at work to combat my nausea. I feel kinda bad about the caffeine, but it really does help.

Melissa, we have lights up in our living room. We don't really have anywhere else to put them since we rent a basement suite (i.e. nowhere outside). Here is a picture of our tree, and you can just see the lights above it. They go all the way across the room at the top of the ceiling. :)

I love thrift stores! The best one nearby is an MCC Thrift Shop, which raises money for all of MCC's projects and such around the world. (That's "Mennonite Central Committee" for those of you who don't know... Which is probably everyone!). They always have great clothes for the best prices. I used to love Value Village, but their prices have really sky rocketed recently, so don't go there very often any more. Sounds silly to complain about thrift store prices, but it's true!

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1
Thanks, ladies. :flower: Just as I suspected, a friend at our party last night said that as soon as she saw me, she thought, "Oh, look, she's pregnant!" Well, I guess it's a good thing the first thought is pregnancy and not a serious problem with shedding the baby weight! :dohh:

Harley, your tree is beautiful! Looking forward to hearing about your work announcement. :flower:

So you know how I said we would be moving in March? Well, it looks like we'll be moving in TWO WEEKS instead! Yikes! We have a renter who wants to move in in January, so unless she backs out, we're going to have to start packing like crazy after Christmas. I am not looking forward to that. :nope:

harley- thats a lovely tree!!!! :xmas16: we have lights outside, but DH is kinda a griswold so if there is anything he cant light up outside he puts it up inside :) the kids really love it though. he is in the middle of building a big wooden cross he plans to lace with lights and put in our yard. he is running out of time!

spiffy- that sounds kinda stressful, but hopefully it wont be too bad after you get all settled :hugs:

Thanks, Blessed. These next two weeks are going to be crazy! My DH's company just told him that they're going to come up with a counter-offer, so if he accepts it and stays with his current company, we'll keep our insurance, and I can still go to the OB that I want, but we won't know either way until the 31st, so I called the OB I want and asked if they can hold an appointment time for me, just in case, so I feel good knowing that I'm taken care of either way. I really hope the counter-offer is good, because I want my DH to stay with his current company due to their awesome benefits. :flower:

Oh, and Christmas Vacation was a movie we always watched growing up, so I know what you mean when you say he's going Griswold. ;) You need to take a picture of your house when he's finished. I want to see it!

Hey all hope you all have a great weekend.. wont be on much till probably wed :)

So merry christmas to you all if i dont make it back on..

Awww Spiffy what a cute bump!

Merry Christmas ladies! :)

SKADI!!!! You're back! I was wondering where you'd gotten too. ;) How are you doing?

wow i can tell you either how fast this thread moves lol. spiffy what a lovley babybump! Im soo sorry you have to move so fast and right after christmas. Aww i hope it goes well for you but take is slow no stress for baby :flower:

Haking im soo happy you where able to get a ultrasound! How lucky you are to be farther along than you though!!!

rojo Have a great christmas!!!

Harley you should show off your bump too!!!

Sorry if i missed anyone.

So yesterday went great and my tamales turned out wonderful!!! We finished some christmas shopping today and tomorrow my parents are coming!!!!! YAY! they live in texas and me in colorado. I havnt seen my dad in 2 years and my mom since jonathan was born! Im soo exited.

And well my AF was due yesterday no sign yet:shrug: i know she is usually right on schedule but she is prob just messing with me now. Figures. I feel like she should be here though my bloating is crazy im crampy and tired ugggg i just wish she would show her face!!! lol or if she doesnt im deff testing before the 24th lol pray for mee!!

Duejan, I hope this is it for you! We've had a sucessful past two months on this thread, so maybe you're next! Keep us updated! :flower:

Harley, I agree with Duejan, I want to see your baby bump! :)

Harley, we have a Value Village here, and I prefer not to go there. They have a lot of selection, it's the largest thrift store in the area, but you're right, the prices are higher than any other thrift stores! Plus, I kinda had a run-in with an employee there once, so it's not my second-hand store of choice.

Spiffy, I'm sorry that you have to move so soon, moving is never fun :(

Skadi, nice to see you, I love your new avatar picture, she's too cute!

Well I tested today and it was negative, so I hope this is your month DueJan!

Blessed, I'm glad the link worked! And I'm glad you like it. :) We already have a nice framed copy, but we just never got around to putting pictures up in this house, and now that we're going to be moving again in March, I figure, what's the point? :dohh:

Haking, I'm so glad you already got an ultrasound! 6 weeks already, awesome! I had a feeling based on your hcg that you would be a little ways in. :winkwink:

Okay, you ladies remember that blue shirt that I wore a few weeks ago, and then realized I looked as big as I did at 16 weeks with DD? Well, I'm wearing it again today, and I can't even button it up anymore! :dohh: Here's a picture I just took. I pretty much have to tell friends or family as soon as I see them in person now, because if I don't they just look at my stomach and probably wonder what's up.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW what a bump!!!! xx beautiful!

duejan- :test:

skadi- keira is so precious! :cloud9:

pita- sorry hun :( are you sure it wasnt too early?

Spiffy - I've been around, just haven't had much to say. lol

Thank you Pita and Blessed :)

Phew, just read up on what I missed and apparently it was loads!

Spiffy what an awesome bump! No there's no way you can hide that :haha: Does everyone around you know now? I'm struggling to hide mine but now that it's nearly Christmas and I'm announcing to my wider family and DH's family in the next few days that'll help, and friends will know just after the 12 week scan on 4th January. On another note, that's great about your DH's counter offer, really hope it's good!

Ooh duejan that sounds very promising... TEST! Sorry I'm probably not helping your willpower heehee. Just love hearing about people's testing! I'm amazed you haven't yet, I tested at 10dpo because I have no willpower :dohh:

Sorry to hear that Pita, any chance it's too early to get a result?

HAKing that's amazing at you're 6 weeks plus! So pleased for you :happydance: I'm loving all these summer babies, this is a very successful thread :flower: Can't wait for more!

Love your tree Harley :thumbup: We haven't put up any Christmas decorations because we have no space in this flat. I miss doing the whole Christmas thing, really praying that next year we have a nice house I can decorate. Well we'd better have one because I can't stand the thought of two kids in here!

Ooh blessed that OPK looks great! Even if you don't actually ovulate that's got to be a positive sign right, that your body is leading up to it? Absolutely love your family Christmas decorations :cloud9: Can't wait to do something similar one day.

Rojo that's rubbish about your AF, mine got heavier after having Noah too :growlmad: Hope she clears off soon and you can get to baby making!

As for me, well all is good, not much to report really. We're all mercifully healthy although I am still my usual icky self. DH has now got two weeks off for Christmas and its so nice to have him at home, Noah is loving it. Really looking forward to Christmas and the New Year, I can't wait till everyone knows I've got number 2 cooking!

pie- i hope you get a bigger place soon! and yay for telling everyone <3 i hope it goes good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->