anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

futuremama i am exclusivly BF and i got my first period at 10 weeks which i thought was pretty good considering they were sporadic before and im BF ! heres hoping yours comes even quicker lol. Welcome to our journey.....xx

Futuremama, my husband and I both had three siblings, but his father was one of 8, and his family get-togethers are so much fun! Including cousins, aunts, and unlces, there are 60 something people in his family, and I want to have that with my own family someday. :flower:

:haha: hahaha spiffy peeing on sticks is how we get our fixes!!

Well least he didnt say no or tut:thumbup: I reckon he knows he doesnt really stand a chance in this one, if hes anything like my oh he'll resist at first then give in because he wants to make me happy which i respect and love about him lol...roll on November aye for u:happydance:
I havent told anyone that we are TTC as they will prob think we are crazy as lo is still a baby. I really wanted to wait until my sister got pregnant as shes TTC at the moment but you know what? i cant any longer...i do feel bad for this a bit and dont want to steal her thunder so to speak....im just REALLY hoping it happens for her soon before me? then we can be preggas together if we are blessed wiv babies. TTC can be political aswell hhmmmm:dohh:

catching up ladies!

we dont know how many we will have either. we are hoping for many more though. they are such a blessing :cloud9: i feel so much abundance in having 6 already.

we get a lot of negative comments for having a lot of children from our family and friends. people just generally dont understand. our joy is worth more than their comments though and we cant imagine life without any one of them

Blessed - Not too long ago having 6+ kids was the norm! Funny how things change. I would love to have 6 or more kids but being 30 already and having just started... it is doubtful. (Who knows though!)

skadi- i know huh! both of my parents came from big families, 8 kids on my moms side and 11 from my dads. i grew up in a family of 4 kids and DH did too. we really love having a big family, i wouldnt have it any other way. im 34 and DH is 37. dont know how many more fertile years are left for us. i guess we will see lol!

My dads side is big - there were 10 of them. My mom has only a twin sister and a brother (the twin is fraternal so I may have that in store for future pregnancies). I have 3 siblings, and my mom cared for my cousin while my aunt worked so really she is more of a sister too. OH has 12 brothers and sisters but that is much more common in Jamaica I think.

It's funny, my grandmother (on my dads side who is now turning 98!) told me she would do it all over again if she had the chance since "they were no trouble... just fed them and sent them out to play!" LOL!

I hope I don't get my period soon! I hope I'm either pregnant or, second best option, not pregnant but still without periods (I HATE that time of the month lol).

I'm happy I found some other ladies like me who want big families. Everybody who knows we don't use birth control tries to talk us out of it and thinks we're being stupid.

I have to agree with you all! It's sad that big families are looked down upon now days. :nope:

Oh, and welcome to the party, Blessed and Skadi! :flower:

Skadi, I remember you from the trimester boards, and reading about your waters breaking and your baby being delivered so early. How is Keira doing now? Do the doctors think you'll run the risk of premature labor next time?

Futuremama, I got my first postpartum period one month after LO was born! I felt pretty cheated, considering I was breastfeeding at the time! :dohh:

Keira is doing great, she is a strong baby and so far is showing no signs of having any issues because of her prematurity or low birth weight. She is hitting a few milestones for her actual age and is keeping up with her adjusted age with the rest of her milestones which is beyond expectations for a preemie. (They tend to hit their milestones late.) I'm so proud of her!

However, I am at risk of further premature births. I think the number is 40% more likely and will be classed high risk immediately. This will involve being watched closer and steroid injections at 26 weeks. There is nothing they can do to prevent it although that seems hard to believe! The prospect of having to go through that experience again is truthfully very frightening to me.

Wow lots of big families! For some reason I want 3, I don't know why particularly - maybe its because 4 seems too many for me to handle and doing it twice just doesn't seem enough :haha:

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Skadi it sounds like your LO us doing amazingly! How premature was she? I looked at your ticker but my maths is shocking and it hurt my head :haha: Was there a reason why she was born early? I guess the silver lining next time is they'll keep a very close eye on you, but I'm sure it must be scary :hugs:

Don't worry, my ticker confuses me too! Lol She was born at 29 weeks and 2 days - so 11 weeks premature. My water went at 28 weeks but they have found no reason for it. The good thing was they managed to delay labour for almost a week so I was able to get the steroids to help her lungs develop quicker.

Oh, good, I'm glad to hear that she's doing so well! I bet she's just surpassed everyone's expectations! It's strange to think that if you had gone full term, my LO would be older than yours, but as it is, Keira is two months older!

Well, I hope your next pregnancy will surpass expectations, too, and that you'll go SO full term, you'll actually have to be induced! :haha:

Pielette, I know what you mean. You never know how many kids will be too many kids. If my parents had stopped at 3, they wouldn't have had my hyperactive red-headed little brother. Sure, it would been less stressful, but our family wouldn't be the same. Plus, who would we make fun of without him? :winkwink:

I don't understand how our ancestresses got on without pregnancy tests! Imagine having to wait so long to be able to find out!

Haha spiffy that made me think of a red-headed little devil running around as a kid and looking like butter wouldn't melt :haha:

God knows futuremama, I'm addicted to the bloody things. I've got none in the house right now and I'm trying to keep it that way until I really need one, cos otherwise I'll be using them all day long.

Oh believe me, Pielette, he really can be a little devil sometimes! He used to throw the biggest tantrums. In fact, one time, when he was 5, he was sent to his room, and he was screaming at the top of his lungs, "You can't control my life!" We were all just laughing our heads off. :haha:

And amen to the test addiction. It would have been hard to just wait and see if we were pregnant. Of course women "back in the day" weren't always patient either. They just used rabbits instead of pregnancy sticks (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_test). i'm just glad somebody invented those beautiful little pee sticks!

Oh believe me, Pielette, he really can be a little devil sometimes! He used to throw the biggest tantrums. In fact, one time, when he was 5, he was sent to his room, and he was screaming at the top of his lungs, "You can't control my life!" We were all just laughing our heads off. :haha:

And amen to the test addiction. It would have been hard to just wait and see if we were pregnant. Of course women "back in the day" weren't always patient either. They just used rabbits instead of pregnancy sticks (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_test). i'm just glad somebody invented those beautiful little pee sticks!

Interesting! But even that was only founded in 1927. Imagine before then, not knowing you're pregnant until your belly starts swelling!

How weird is that! Feel sorry for the poor rabbits, thank God they invented proper tests!

LOL imagine - pee on a rabbit addict!
:haha:

i have 3 tests right now for in case i start having symptoms. i had 5 but a month or so ago my milk supply dropped and i had to take some herbs that arent good during pregnancy. my LC suggested i test before taking them since milk supply dropping can happen due to pregnancy anyways. it was neg though. and i took one a few weeks ago when i was feeling really sick for a few days, it was neg too. some of my kids got sick after also so im sure thats what it was from. i have thought about taking one a month just to make sure but im not sure what im gonna do yet. i definitely dont want to find out im pregnant and be pretty far along before knowing:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->