anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Yay Rojo! 10 days till O day! :happydance: I hope it goes fast for you.

I do know the Chrysler building. That is pretty neat about your husband being named 1 of 16 best auto mechanics! Did he go to school or did he just learn everything he knows from being self taught? I love that my DH knows everything about cars...never have to pay a mechanic to do a thing!

Thanks Haking.. yeah thats where we met was in college.. and he just has continued education offered for him.. did classes and all that.. I love it too.. everything is so much cheaper :)

Ok girls, silly question but is it safe to start walking/running again? I was running 4-5 days a week before getting pregnant and then stopped when I found out I was pregnant mainly due to being so tired but I think I'm gonna start again this weekend because I'm feeling better and am itching to get back outside a bit.

I didn't run with Sam because I literally broke my foot a few weeks before getting pregnant and couldn't and I was determined to do things different this time. I just don't wanna hurt anything. I guess I could ask my OB but she said on Monday everything looked great and baby was growing perfectly!

Thoughts? :)

Yes i def think its fine to walk/run again.. just make sure to stay hydrated and if you start to feel tired to stop and rest.. :) mostly listen to your body and dont overdue it

Haking, I think Rojo is right, just take it easy and listen to your body. As your ligaments begin to stretch you might get sharp pains if you push yourself too much, and it's reccomended not to let your heartrate go above 140 bpm, since I think thats the point when blood starts diverting away from your baby. But you'll probably know what's too much when you get started. :flower:

As the others have said just listen to your body HAKing :thumbup: You'll know if you need to ease off a bit or take a break. I still spin once a week and train 2/3 times a week, I did the same throughout my pregnancy with Noah. I was still spinning a week before he arrived, think people expected me to give birth on a spinning bike :haha:

Thanks girls! I figured it wasn't anything to worry about always like to hear opinions. I am gonna start walking this weekend and see how I feel.

We are gonna go out as a family for a long walk. I feel like I haven't been spending a lot of time with Sam lately since I've been so tired. So really looking forward to bonding time with my monkey! :cloud9:

I can't wait for it to warm up here so that we can take Alia for walks again. She loves walks, but we haven't been able to go since November. Plus, our in-laws neighborhood is much nicer than the one we were living in, so my DH won't worry about us if we go by ourself during the day.

So yesterday, I was able to go have lunch with DH, which was so much fun, and then Alia and I went to a few stores and got her some new dresses for church and some new pants, because we always seem to be running low on pants because half of hers never seem to fit. She has long legs and a skinny waist (at least for a baby) so most of her pants are loose around the middle. We also got her a few Baby Einstein videos at the second hand store (hopefully they work).

Do your babies like to watch TV? Mine will sit and watch a baby-oriented show for about 5 or 10 minutes max, and then gets tired of it. I read about ladies on this forum whose babies will sit and watch a 30 or 60 minute show, and wonder how that's possible. I guess it's a good thing that Alia doesn't really care for TV, but sometimes I wish she did so that I could get break now and then.

Glad you had a good day yesterday, Spiffy. :flower:

Sam will only sit and watch tv if there is music or a kid show on and even then he will only sit for 5 minutes. We don't want him to watch too much anyway so I guess it is good but I am with you; I wish Sam would sit still for a bit longer so I could get things done.

His cousin just got the Wii "Just Dance" game so he is all into that and Sam is trying to copy it so he is pretty interested in that lately. Its pretty cute watching him try to dance. Not so graceful! :haha:

I don't have her sit and watch tv but I do play it in the background for noise. She now loves the music for Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso and a whole bunch of other Disney Jr shows. lol (She squeaks and dances). I will sometimes sit and watch an episode with her but she usually only half pays attention and half plays with whatever toy is around.

Hi, ladies! I'm finally taking the time to catch up with this thread!

Pita, I'm so sorry about the situation with your husband. I can only try and imagine what it's like, and it makes me so sad to think about that happening to me and my husband. Like you said, it probably wouldn't even feel real at first. I'll be praying for you as you meet with him and the marriage counsellor (will you meet with the cousellor alone or together with your husband?). I don't have a ton of advice in this department, but I tend to be a hopeless optimist about these kinds of things, so I just want to let you know that I really do think you can work it out!

I miss all you guys. In fact, I had a dream last week that Spiffy had another girl and named her Alia as well. Except on was pronounced AWL-yah and the other was AL-ee-uh. Tee hee. :lol:

I'm loving all the ultrasound pictures! I've got my second scan booked for March 6th, so hopefully I'll have some more pictures to post then (maybe not, because I think I'll have to pay for the disc if we want pictures). Anyway, I had a check-up yesterday and everything looks (and sounds) great with baby. I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! Hooray!

Darn royals going and stealing all the thunder from the other July babies! Bah!

Skadi, I know what you mean about wanting to get pregnant just so you can spend another year with Keira! I'm counting down the days until I can be at home with Ozzy again. I miss it more than I care to admit.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. Oh, wait. My husband is a hockey blogger (I think I may have mentioned that before, but it suits him VERY well, since he's a huge hockey fan) and we let Ozzy watch TV, although he's never all that interested in it. Like Keira, he'll stop and dance when a fun song comes on, but mostly he just ignores it. :)

hi ladies!

haking- i agree with what everyone else said about exercise. we love a family walk around our neighborhood. its so fun on a nice day :flower: i bet your exercise will help with the pregnancy- just dont overdo like everyone said

spiffy- some of mine would watch tv all day if i let them, but others could care less. we dont really have the tv on much. we used to watch a lot of tv, but we dumped cable and its so quiet without it that when we do put it on it feels chaotic now.

harley- good to hear from you :)

great to hear what everyone's DH does for work. my hubby is a material logistic agent for a company that builds jets called bombardier learjet. he has been there i think 11-12 years something like that.

Harley, we both met with the counselor separately, but any further sessions would take place with both of us. The counselor validated my feelings, said it's normal to be stunned, and that infidelity happens a lot more than it should (actually used the word "common" :shock::wacko::dohh::cry::growlmad:). Said its good that Colin and I aren't living at home, so my husband can feel the consequences of his actions.

I am beginning to feel some anger towards the situation. I don't want to be at my parents' house anymore. I love them, but it's not where I belong, its not my home, where I've spent the last 4 years of my life. And I can't go back home right now. And it's his fault. And that makes me mad.

Haley that dream is hilarious! :rofl: If I had to say what gender I'm leaning towards, I would say girl, but I don't think we'll be calling her Alia (but the funny part is that about a week ago, DH and I were joking about naming all our future girls Alia II, Alia III, Alia IV, etc!) :haha: Have you been eavesdropping on our conversations? :winkwink:

That's exciting that you have the date for your next ultrasound! My 20 week ultrasound will be right around then, too, since I'll be 20 weeks on March 8th. That'd be cool if we had them on the same day!

It's interesting to hear what everyone's husband does for work. No two doing the same thing (although mine and Pie's could definately have some good "geek-talk" :haha:).

Blessed, I haven't had cable for 9 years, and I've never missed it. Most of the shows nowadays are just trash anyway. When we want to watch something, we usually just watch one of our movies, or something off Netflix. :thumbup:

Pita, I think the emotions that you're going through are completely normal. I think I'd probably be pretty angry, too, once I got over the shock. I hope that seeing the marriage counselor helps you and your husband. Maybe having an outside source talk some sense into your husband will help him truly understand what he's done, and what he'll need to do to make it right.

AFM, I've been so cranky these last few days, mostly at DH. I haven't been getting enough sleep, and it seems like every little thing he does just annoys me. Thankfully Sunday is the day that I get to sleep in for a bit while DH takes care of Alia, so hopefully that extra sleep will help. :sleep:

Hey all hope your all doing well... :)

not much new here.. waiting now to ovulate again.. getting bryce's cake ordered next week.. cant believe it..

pita- :hugs: i cant even begin to imagine what your going through.

spiffy- i hope you get a good sleep in! you need rest to grow that munchkin. :sleep:

we have all been sick around here and i thought it was bad colds. im starting to think its strep throat :(

My LO will watch children's TV shows for only a few minutes. However, if I turn on a spanish children's song for him on Youtube, he pays attention! Funny how Sesame Street won't hold his attention, but a song about the months in a year sung in spanish will :haha:

Spiffy, is there any particular reason why you're learning towards thinking baby is a girl?

blessed, I hope you guys don't have strep throat, what a crummy illness to have! :wacko:

My husband came and visited us today at my parent's house. We talked and he helped me make dinner and it was comfortable. I can see that if I were still living at home, we could so easily fall back into our routine, same ol' same ol', without dealing with his issues. However, I'm not really feeling anything towards him right now. Not anger or love or anything. I feel like all I can do is accept this, but it scares me that I'm not feeling hardly any emotion. I'm like most women, a little emotional, ya know? Or at least, I used to be. Now I'm just sad. And I'm so tired :( I told him that if I stayed with him, I don't think I would want to have more children with him. I always thought that we'd have several kids, and adopt too. But I don't think I could bring more children into our family because it'd always be in the back of my mind that he could do this again and I'd divorce him then and there, and more children would be raised in a broken home. He told me that my feelings could change. I said yeah, but that's how I'm feeling right now.

Pita - im sorry to hear your situation, you sound pike you are a remarkably strong woman, i dont know what i would do in your place, i hope it all works out for you and you are back home soon.

Lilrojo - im waiting to O to, both dd and dh have this viral infection atm so finding time to bd is a struggle but im hoping their antibiotics kick in soon so we can get some sleep and time to bd in time before i do O which should be next week (if i can read these damn opks properly)

My ds has a few fav tv shows like mr tumble and mr bloom which we let him watch for an hour in morning, at lunch and he watches the bedtime hour on cbeebies. He would watch tv all day if i let him although he does go off to play and only comes back for the songs.

We started potty training on thursday and so far so good, when we have nappy free time he will use the potty, i just wish he'd learn to get off it without kicking it over my carpet lol it doesnt matter how quick i am i never seem to get there in time lol

My dh is a tattooist so a bit different to others dhs lol we had a shop when we were down south and plan to open one up here once we are established here so for now he works in security

Got my high on the cbfm.. so maybe things will happen sooner than later.. one can hope :)

Pita, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling that way. I wonder if maybe you're dealing with a little depression. When I get depressed, I tend to feel empty like that, as if all emotions had been sucked out of me. I hope that things really turn around and that someday your little boy can have a sibling.

As for why I think this baby might be a girl, the only thing I'm basing that off if it is that this pregnancy has been almost exactly like my pregnancy with DD. I know that doesn't really mean much, but that's all I have to go off of right now.

Blessed, I really hope you and your family don't have strep throat. I've never had it before, but I've heard how nasty it can be. :(

Chell and Rojo, good luck with ovulation this cycle! I'll be cheering those spermies on! :happydance: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->