anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Spiffy, are you hoping for another girl? I always thought it'd be great to have two kiddos of the same gender in a row because you can re-use all the same clothes and whatnot! :D

You could be right about the depression. I've been crying almost every day, but just for a few minutes. And I'm always tired, which I'm sure makes it worse >.< Colin hasn't been sleeping well lately. We still co sleep, and he's been waking up a lot, which wakes me up. But I'm getting out of the house tomorrow, going to go visit a friend and my brother, maybe go out to eat. I'm looking forward to it :thumbup:

It's funny, because I'd be totally happy with either gender, but I guess I am kind of hoping for another girl since they'll be so close in age. I just think it would be nice for the girls to be able to play all those fun little girly games together that I never played much growing up, since I had all brothers. But of course it would be great to have a boy and know for sure that I'll have both genders and that DH will have a son (he has two uncles that have had 6 girls and no boys!).

Pita, I really do think that you're probably going through a little depression, which is totally understandable. Feeling a lack of emotions, feeling like you have no energy, and crying are all common symptoms (these are the main ones that I experience). I'm sorry that on top of all this, Colin hasn't been sleeping well. :( However, I think that getting out of the house and spending time with friends will really help! :)

AFM, Alia woke up crying pretty hard last night, and I thought, maybe it's teething? But then I brushed it off, since she has been fine the last couple nights. Well, sure enough, one of her bottom teeth has broken through! :dohh: This makes tooth number 5, and upon closer inspection of her gums, I think we've got a few more getting really close!

pita- im glad your getting out and have some plans. it will do you good. im praying for you hun! i hope the depression goes away and colin sleeps better :hugs:

spiffy- mason does the same. he will be fine then have a bad night and i notice a new tooth in the morning. he got his 1st one christmas eve and now has 3, there might be 4 but he wont let me feel around- must be sore.

Well, forget what I said earlier. Alia has TWO teeth breaking through the skin! I just noticed that she has one on top as well. Poor little girl. It'll be nice when they're all in and done.

Blessed, that's crazy that Mason's have all started to come in so suddenly!

oh the teething i remember around 11 month jonathan got his 7th and 8th tooth lol. Two on the bottom. THank goodness he does ok so far with the teething lol

Spiffy i know what you mean about wanting the same gender. I kinda did when jonathan was born but now that i have a boy i really want another one so that they can play together. My daughter will always have my niece to play with as they are just a year apart too.

How is everyone doing. Im sorry i havnt been on in quiet some time. Just been soo busy. I have been thinking alot about being a sahm. Ladies i need some advice. How do you ladies do it? how do you have enough money to support your family? Do you really like being a sahm?

Duejan, I love being a SAHM! It's kind of tight money-wise sometimes, but we figured that we'd be spending my whole pay check on child care if I worked anyways, so we never regret that aspect of it. I love being able to be with my little girl everyday and see all of her "firsts". Plus, even though she can be clingy, it's amazing to know how much she loves me and how attached she is to me because we get to be together all day long. I don't find it too difficult, honestly, but then again, I only have one right now. Talk to me after July! :haha: But that's the thing, no matter how difficult it was, I think the positives would always outweigh the negatives for me. :flower:

spiffy- my boys have all been that way with teeth. it takes forever for them to get one then they get 2-3 at a time. :wacko:

duejan- i wouldnt have it any other way. i agree with spiffy completely. i love being a sahm. i had a career for years and it didnt measure anywhere near the joy i have being here with my kids. i agree too about the money. yes, you live on one income- but when i worked we were more likely to eat out which is expensive. also the child care here is outrageous. you dont have to keep 2 cars filled with gas for work. it actually costed us more for me to work when we added things up. when i first decided to stay home i babysat some other kids for extra money. maybe you could do something like that or something else from home?

blessed i was really thinking about doing this. My mom babysat until we all started school. idk maybe. How do you go about becoming a certified babysitter? did you like babysitting?

blessed i was really thinking about doing this. My mom babysat until we all started school. idk maybe. How do you go about becoming a certified babysitter? did you like babysitting?

i think you have to look into the rules of the state you live in. when i did it i only watched my sisters kids, so it wasnt like i had a daycare or anything. and for a short time my step sisters son. i lived next door to my sister at the time so that made things easier. i really liked it, but when i was pregnant with my 5th we moved and bought a house and my sis moved across town from us and also bought a house. now that im home schooling the older 3 and keeping the younger 3 busy im not sure i could do it. it was really fun at the time though and i wouldnt trade my experience for anything. my kids are really close to their cousins who i watched. i imagine they would have been close to any kids we would have watched too just by spending so much time together.

i really wish i could do something like that even if i just watched like 2 or three kids. You know if i watched just like 2 5 days a week at 30$ dollors a dayper child (this is what i pay now, then it would be like $300 a week so 600 every 2. How nice would that be?

pita i think that getting out of the house and getting your mind off of things would be GREAT!!! i think that will help out alot. xx

Please forgive me for going AWOL... I've just been chasing Elsa about most of the days :haha: Here isn't overly baby-proof, and there's still no sign of our own place yet, boohoo! So yep, she's crawling... BOY, is she crawling!! She also had a tooth for Christmas, I'm not sure if I forgot to mention it here. We checked Christmas Eve, nothing. Boxing Day, there it was! She has another one now too, but they're still not all the way through yet though. It's the bottom 2 front ones she has. :cloud9:

Oh, and we've had some snow here! :) We live by the sea so we NEVER get snow, last snow that stuck was 2 years ago! Elsa loooved it. We didn't have a sled so we took my mom's plastic washing basket, put a bin liner in it so the snow wouldn't get inside and a nice blanket and sat her in that! Great idea on my part because she had so much fun!!

So this is just a quick update to let you ladies know I do still think of you... There just isn't enough time in the day and I'm back to the whole tiredness bit again. Come Thursday, I'll have SIX WEEKS until my C-section date. We'll be running through a "birth plan" soon, which will just be a recap of what the procedure is. My MW said she's sure nothing much has changed in almost 10 months... :haha:

Attachments

• snowday.jpg
    snowday.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi girls, looks like I've missed a lot! :wacko:

DueJan, I stayed home with Sam until he was 9 months old and it had its good and bad about it. It was hard for us on one income but it was so nice to spend all day with him. We also lived in another state and we could afford it but now that we have moved and want to buy a second house we need the extra money and we can also do a lot more (vacations, buy Sam nice things, etc.) with the extra money so its got has good and bad about it! But I say that if you could swing it and be a SAHM go for it! :thumbup:

Chez, I can't believe you only have 6 weeks left! That is crazy but I bet you're super excited! :happydance:

Rojo, that would be awesome if you O'd early! Keep up the BDing! :thumbup:

Pita, I hope that your depression goes away and I also think getting out of the house a bit will be good for you. :hugs:

AFM, this weekend was so nice! We went for walk on Saturday and took Sam to the park to run around a bit. He loved it! We also went on Sunday and played outside a lot with him as the weather is so much nicer here now and its near impossible to keep that kid inside now! He stands at the back door to go out until someone will take him! :haha:

He had a doctors appointment yesterday which went pretty well. He is 25lbs and 30 inches tall. I dunno where that puts him as far as percentiles but I do remember the doctor telling me they should triple their birth weight by 12 months so he is close.

It was so nice to spend a lot of time with him this weekend as a family! Seems like every weekend we always have plans and this was the first one in a long time that we didn't so it was perfect!

I am also back to walking everyday again so that makes me happy! :happydance: I am trying to be super careful to not gain too much with this pregnancy as I gained WAY too much with Sam! :cry: How much have you girls gained so far if you don't mind me asking? I really want to attempt a VBAC so staying active and not gaining a lot is also crucial!

Chez, it's great to see an update from you! I'm glad that everything is going well and that Elsa enjoyed the snow so much. And congrats to her for learning how to crawl! Alia still hasn't made any attempt towards that, although she's cruising pretty well these days. And only 6 more weeks??? Dexter will be here before you know it! :)

Haking, I am so jealous! It's 6 degrees outside right now, and I am sooooo ready for warm weather! I can't wait to take Alia to the park, since the last time we went, she loved the swings. And way to go for getting back to walking every day. That's another reason I'm looking forward to warm weather. My DH got me a bike for Christmas, so I'm excited to go ride it, and hopefully resist gaining as much weight. So far in this pregnancy, I've gained about 7 pounds, but with Alia I gained 40 by the end! I definately want to gain less this time, especially since I know how hard baby weight is to lose now. :dohh:

Spiffy, Ah yes...baby weight is so hard to lose! I gained...gasp...58lbs with Sam (but did have a lot of fluid) and finally lost by the time he was 10 months. It was horrible and I was so mad at myself for gaining so much. :cry: I can't make that mistake twice.

So far I've actually lost weight. But today when I stepped on the scale it says that I've gained 1lb since the day I found out I was pregnant. I had gained from the holidays but lost that but now am up 1.

I hope your weather warms up soon so you can go ride your bike and take Alia to the park again! :thumbup:

Only 1 lb since getting pregnant? Thats amazing! If you stay on that track, you should be totally fine this time around!

Unfortunately for me, I still hadn't lost the last 8 lbs of baby weight with Alia when I got pregnant again, so I'm actually 15 lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight now. Buts its just hard for me to exercise when its cold, because I'd much rather go for a walk or a bike ride outside. So send us some warm weather vibes!!! :haha:

Thank you, Spiffy! Its just gonna take a lot of being strict and not eating all the ice cream in the world come summer! :blush:

When does it usually start to warm up for you guys? It will probably get cold here once more and then stay warm. But usually by March its warm! :thumbup:

Goodness Chez, only 6 more weeks??? Where has the time gone?!

Spiffy, it was 6 degrees last night, so I'll send some warm-weather vibes, but don't know if they'll work!

Thanks, Pita. :haha:

Haking, last year it didn't start to get warm until the end of May. :shock: But that was a little unusual, so I hope this year is a bit nicer to me. :winkwink:

sorry its so cold spiffy! its between 40's and 50's here. not too bad. i like the cold though so im enjoying it. i do miss sending the kids outside to play and going for our walks.

chez- 6 weeks!!!!!!! dexter is coming so fast :D cant wait to see a pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->