anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Jonathan never liked the paci either. Niether did natalia. Jonathan did in the begining too quickly started spitting it out but like you said haking i wont be giving this one a paci until breastfeeding is down. I ended up pumping for just three months. Wow i cant believe you made it to 8 months.

Harley i heard that you shouldnt be brushing kids teeth with floride until at least two or until they can spit it out. Thats what the docs told me with natalia. THey get floride in there water and stuff. Thats funny about ozzy not drinking milk. Thats great.

You know ladies im such a whimp. Even though jonathan does eat almost everything we do i still cut everything in tiny peices. Im soo afraid to give him food food. And if he gets to much in his mouth i freak. Any advice ladies on how to get past that and let him just enjoy his meal time

Yes we brush bryce's teeth 2.. he only has two teeth right now.. so not much to brush..

Clomid is supposed to make your ovulation stronger.. it helps the follies grow bigger and stronger... :) and can make you o earlier..

Yeah we do flouride free too.. till 2 years of age.. when they can spit..

Apparently there isn't enough fluoride in our water here, so we're supposed to use fluoride toothpaste right off the bat.

Okay, I was confused about the whole fluoride thing too. I bought fluoride free because I know they shouldn't be ingesting. We bought some berry toothpaste and he likes it...didn't think he'd be fond of mint! :shrug:

Thanks, Rojo for explaining the whole clomid thing. My SIL took it but I never quite understood it.

Duejan, I still cut Sam's food into pieces but there are a lot of things that I just let him take bites of and he is fine. I just monitor him and make sure he is doing okay. I was more nervous at first though. He does tend to shove A LOT of food in at once :dohh: But we will give him grilled cheese/ham or PB&J sandwiches and he takes bites or crackers and does great. :thumbup:

Harley, Sam drinks a TON of water! We don't give juice though so its either milk or juice. Do you plan on giving Ozzy milk, ever?

Wow, I have a lot to catch up on and I was only off a short time! :haha:

I brush Alia's teeth pretty sporadically, because I always forget to. :blush: But we use a flouride-free toothpaste, because I'm pretty sure we have flouride in our water. As for the pacifiers, Alia liked them, but we took itaway at 6 months while we were sleep training, and within 2 days she had figured out how to soothe herself without it, so I think we'll just keep with the 6 month rule for all our kids. As for bottles, Alia still has 3-4 bottles a day, and will probably have to keep taking bottles (maybe even with formula) because she just hardly eats solid foods. We've always struggled with that, and I can't imagine that it's going to magically get better anytime soon. :nope:

Congrats, Duejan on hitting 12 weeks! :thumbup:

Rojo, I really hope O happens soon for you! This is a ridiculous wait!

Blessed, are you getting any pregnancy symptoms? :winkwink:

Weird question, but has anyone else had their belly button pop out already? Mine was on it's way out by about 15 weeks, and is now completely popped. I can't remember exactly when that happened last time, but I know I was further along than this! :dohh:

Spiffy, mine never popped with Sam but close. Maybe it will with this one! Did you get any stretch marks with Alia? I got tons and I'm afraid I will get more this time even though the ones I did get are mostly faded. :happydance:

Yep, I got a lot of stetchmarks on my lower tummy, thighs and butt. :dohh: I'm hoping that if I try not to gain too much weight this time, maybe I can escape getting more.

Boo! Me too :growlmad: I got them mainly on my lower belly! Yuck. I am hoping the same too though, if I don't gain to much no more will show up!

I got a ton of stretch marks with my daughter.. i only gained 30lbs too.. but they are everywhere.. legs, arms, belly.. its sucks.. but worth it.. and she was only 5lbs 6oz.. ugh bryce i got a couple new not many.. gained 25 with him.. he was 6lbs 6oz..

Hope everyone is well.. going to do an opk soon.. so hoping for a positive lol

Thanks Haking.. clomid affects everyone differently.. some o sooner, some the same, some later so its just a waiting game...

Yeah, I think we'll give him milk eventually. We give in vitamin D every night before bed, and he usually eats a nice variety of fuits and veggies, so I'm not super concerned about him missing out on vitamins. I think we'll take him to the doctor for a check-up soon, since he didn't have one at 12 months. Maybe I'll see what he recommends.

My belly button hasn't popped yet. Still to much fat in the way. :haha: I'm pretty sure it will eventually, although it never really stuck all the way out with Ozzy. Just a little bump.

Ugh. Stretch marks. Got some crazy ones with Ozzy - he was a big baby after all. But the weird thing is, if he had come like 2 week earlier than he did, I would only have a few. They only showed up in full force around 38/39 weeks. Can't imagine they'll get much worse this pregnancy than they already are. The first ones haven't even fully faded yet.

What do you all use to minimize/prevent stretch marks?

Hope that positive OPK shows itself soon rojo :thumbup:

My belly button has popped out too spiffy :dohh: It was on its way out from very early on this time. I didn't get any stretchmarks last time so I'm hoping to escape them this time as well, but I can't say it was because of anything I did or didn't do. Think it's all about the genes because my mum never had them.

Congrats on twelve weeks duejan!

As for bottles, I stopped them at a year. When I switched Noah to cow's milk I put it straight into a beaker and just gave it a go to see how he would take to it. I think it worked because it was an entirely new drink in a new container, rather than putting formula in a beaker. He loves cow's milk. I wouldn't worry too much about keeping the bottle for longer though, my best friend's little girls didn't give theirs up until at least 18 months and their teeth are none the worse for it.

Funny HAKing, Noah loves water too, he gets so excited when I bring him a sippy cup of water! He has different ones for milk and water. He drinks loads of it. As he's so good with it I'll hold off on juice until he's quite a bit older.

rojo- i hope its very soon for you!!! i always got ov between cd13-14 and this month it was cd19 i think. i thought it wasnt gonna happen and prepared for anovulatory cycle. it was driving me crazy!

spiffy- i felt sick yesterday and today for just a moment. and have been having a sore throat and stuffy nose for the last few days- i didnt even know that was a sign so i dont remember if i ever had that before. also had cramps today, felt like i was starting af but didnt. so who knows, that could all be related to other things. thought i saw the faintest line when pee was moving across the test but went back and nothing. of course im only 6dpo soooo...:dohh::haha:

Harley, I don't use anything in particular for stretch marks. I bought some cream stuff that was on that Tara Banks show that had great reviews and used it off and on but never was consistant. I just use regular moisturizer now and it seems to help. I didn't get them until 36 weeks, and then BAM! :dohh: I'm going to try to use the cream this time and not gain too much and hopefully no more will show!

Pie, what is a beaker? Is that like a sippy cup? I thought about putting milk for bed in a sippy cup for Sam but hadn't yet. Does Noah just go to bed with nothing and fall asleep on his own??

Blessed, those could all be early pregnancy symptoms.:thumbup: I never was paying attention to symptoms because I was just waiting for my super long cycle to end and I do remember one day thinking I had cramps and thought it was coming but now looking back it was around implantation so I bet thats what it was. :shrug:

I think stretch marks are tearing beneath the top layer of skin, so it's never made sense to me why anything topical, like creams, would really stop it from happening. I've always heard that it's just genetic. :shrug:

Blessed, the cramping is a GREAT sign! I've only ever cramped before AF when I was pregnant. I'm praying for a bfp for you! :thumbup:

Spiffy, you're probably right and I guess I don't "mind" my stretch marks as much as I did after I gave birth but I sure wouldn't mind not getting more! :haha:

Ooh blessed, fingers crossed! A stuffy nose can be a symptom, I get it a lot when I'm pregnant and it drives me mad. The cramping could be as well, I had it on and off from about a week after we coneived and I don't really cramp when I'm not pregnant. Keep us posted!

Oh sorry HAKing, yes a beaker is like a sippy cup but not so 'sippy' I suppose. Haha, that's a rubbish explanation :haha: It's also bigger, to my mind anyway. At bedtime he drinks his milk and we read a story, then I tuck him up in bed, kiss goodnight and lights off :flower:

Pie, hmmm....I may have to try that with Sam, right now I just put him down on his own and he drinks his bottle and passes out on his own. I dunno if he will sit still for a story, but maybe since he should be a bit tired and if he has milk. I'll try this weekend maybe since if it doesn't work I won't have to be up early next day for work! :winkwink:

Oh don't get me wrong, he doesn't necessarily sit still for it :haha: He pays attention for a bit, then gets bored usually and goes over to play with the drawers or pull at the wash basket :dohh: Still, I persevere because I want him to enjoy stories and actually as he's got older he has paid more attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->