anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Blessed, I don't think I'll be dissappointed really, just a little let down because I've been hoping for a little sister for Alia. But I will be very happy to have a boy, too. :flower:

Harley, I still rarely feel baby move and I found out at my ultrasound that it's because I have an anterior placenta this time around, so the placenta is cushioning a lot of the movement. I'll bet that's probably the case for you, too. You should ask where your placenta is, if they don't already tell you.

Rojo, I think we're all just as excited about your test as you are. :winkwink:

Haking, we told the tech before hand that we wanted her to write down the gender for us, so when it came time to check, she did tell us to look away. However, I'll also suggest that you not look too closely when they're measuring and checking things in the abdomen, because I feel like I may have glimpsed little boy parts while she was looking in the lower abdomen. But it very well could have been the umbilical cord for all I know.

Thank you, Spiffy! I will have to do the same. I'll make sure to bring an envelope too so they can write it down and seal it up right away!

Spiffy, I will definitely ask where my placenta is!

Did you give the envelope to someone for safe keeping so you can't peek?

Nope, the envelope is just sitting on a table here at my house. Surprisingly, I haven't really been tempted to go look at it. And it was a lot easier than I thought it would be to just look away at the ultrasound, especially since I thought it would be hard to resist.

Spiffy, I'm impressed! And I agree, it will be sooo fun to find out all together.

I would consider doing that, since we are getting together with my side of the family this weekend to celebrate three birthdays, but I don't know how we would pull it off. The gender results will be sent to my doc's office and then they call us with the results, so not sure it would work to get the results in a secret envelope to open later.

I am so impressed at your willpower spiffy, and that is a gorgeous pic of bub! Again I'm rubbish at gender guessing so I'm not going to attempt it. I really hope it's a girl for you but if not they could still be just as close! There's a close age gap between my mum and her younger brother and they were so close growing up, and still are of course :flower: Mum's got the best stories of all the mischief they used to get up to!

HAKing I'm impressed at your willpower too! Can't wait to see all the pics and find out your genders :flower:

I can understand why that would be playing on your mind Harley, I'm sure all is good but it's hard to keep your mind off what *could* go wrong. It could very well be your placenta like spiffy says.

Rojo can't wait to see some tests!

We've all been quite ill over the past few days and just starting to get over it, bleurgh. Honestly it's been one things after another. But the house purchase and the flat sale are all going through quite happily, the survey is about to be done on the house and the draft contract has been sent to our buyer.

Right ladies, any thoughts on unique (but not ridiculous!) boy names? We are really struggling!

Harley, today is finally the big day!!! :happydance: I'm sure everything will turn out great! Can't wait to see pictures and find out what you are having. You mentioned that the doctor calls you with results...will you not find out the sex today? :shrug:

Pie, so sorry you guys are dealing with more sickness! :nope: That is really good news regarding the house and flat sale! :thumbup: You'll be in your new place in no time!

As for names, I'm bad with boy names...we don't even have one yet...well we kinda do but I'm not 100% sold on it and secretly wishing we have a girl so I can just use our girl name that I LOVE! :winkwink:

Cant wait to hear Harley... :)

8dpo today.. getting there...

Rojo, you have a strong will! I would have already tested by now! :haha:

Pie, my brother and I are 13 months apart and we were best friends growing up, so I know the same could happen for my kids, but I never had anyone to play girlie games with, or talk about boys with, etc, and that's something I hope Alia gets the chance to have. But I know it won't be the end of the world. Plus, at least she has a girl cousin that's only 7 weeks older than she is, and hopefully they'll be living close by and they can play together a lot growing up. :flower:

Harley, I have an OB appointment tomorrow, and I'm afraid she's going to walk into the room and say something like, "A boy! How exciting!" before I can even explain about waiting until Saturday, so I know how you feel. Hopefully I can say something before she does! What time is your ultrasound today?

As for boy names, Pie, all I can give you is Rowan, Riley, and James, which were the few boy names that I came up with that I liked (back when we didn't know if Alia was a boy or a girl) but that DH didn't like. We were only able to come up with one name that we both agreed on, which is Liam, so I have no idea what we're going to do once we have a second boy! :dohh:

HELLO LADIEs!!! wow have i missed alot im soo sorry ive been off for so long but its just been crazy here lol. Spiffy i cant belive the wilpower you had to be able to wait to see the gender thats great!! Dont worrie to much about if the baby is a boy. You know i never had any brothers just two sisters. I always wanted to have a brother therefore i wanted natalia to have a brother witch thankfuly she got. I remember growing up my older sis was just under 2 years older than me we always argued and didnt get along great, now we love each other to pieces. my other older sister who was 8 years older than me we got along GREAT i was always able to talk to her and she would even talk to me. So that big age gap wasnt any issue in my family. Either way i hope that you get your little girl. That is also way im secretly hoping for another boy because i have a niece who is a year younger than natalia and they are so close already. But im afraid jonathan wont have another boy to play with. I cant wait to find out what your having!!

Haking: Congrats on your 2 year aniversary. I think the first couple years where the hardest so that is such a great accomplishment i bet you both will be together for many more years!!! Ive been married for almost 5 years just like rojo lol.

Rojo: Start testing!!! im soo curiouse. I really really hope this month is your month!!! I also love that you are coming on here still!!! i love following your cylces and waiting for that bfp!!!!!

Harley: Today is the day. I agree with haking are you going to be able to find out today since the doctor has to call you. I dont think i have heard of that before? Dont worrie about not feeling much movement im sure it will get stronger and baby gets bigger or like spiffy said you might have a antirior placenta

Pie: Im sorry about the sickness my family has been pretty sick latly too but thankfully everyone is getting better. That is great new that the selling and buying is going soo well. thats great when stuff is stress free!!

HI BLESSED!!

Afm well im 14 weeks tomorrow!!! I also took a bump pic today i will try to post it later when i download it. I compared and im like the same right now that i was with jonathan around 20 weeks. only when i lay down though you can see my bump But it goes up to my belly button!!! I cant feel like flutters i think but still nothing for sure... I cant belive i still have like 1 month and a half until my gender scan....

Ooh rojo getting closer to testing! I gave in at 10dpo with this bean. It's so hard when there's a stack of tests upstairs calling out to you :haha:

Thanks ladies, it's so so difficult this time round for some reason! Last time Noah had his name from really early on. And if he was a girl he would have been Evie. But I've since gone off Evie and we didn't have any back-up boy names. Argh! I'm scared he's going to pop out with no name :dohh:

I would have thought she wouldn't comment spiffy, since surely she doesn't know of all her mums want to know or not? Hopefully you'll get a word in first anyway!

Ooh HAKing I'm really curious about that girl name of yours now! :thumbup:

Can't wait to hear your news Harley!

Lovely to hear from you duejan! Would love to see a bump pic :flower: Do you think you're the same size as your previous pregnancies or bigger?

Rojo, tomorrow is day 1 of testing!!! :happydance: You're doing good holding out...I think I would have gave in by now! :blush:

Good to hear from you Duejan! :hugs: I can't wait to see you're bump pictures and congrats on 14 weeks tomorrow! :thumbup:

Pie, if we have girl her name will be Carly Joy (Joy is middle name). I have had an easier time coming up with girl names than boy. I think part of the reason being that I have a Sam so its hard to figure out what is just as strong of a name but not weird. :dohh: Our ::tenative:: boy name is Benjamin Michael. Regardless, I think Michael will be the middle name. Also my dad's first name.

Spiffy, I wouldn't think that the doctor will spill the beans but maybe mention to the nurse prior when checking in just so she can give the doctor a heads up. :thumbup:

008.jpg 20 weeks preg with jonathan

271.jpg 13+6 with Lo #3

What do you ladies think?:flower:

Duejan, you're bump does look a tiny bit bigger with #3. Did you show quicker with Johnathan than Nataila??

no haking you know i was showing alot right away with natalia. But i think alot of it was i got carried away thinking i could eat what i wanted and so i gained alot of weight with her. So i didnt keep track like with these two. I lay down in all of them until i get bigger because i still have some flab left over so when i lay down it goes down lol thats why when i stand you still cant see a bump ...

Aww look at the little bump... so cute.. :) I think you are looking bigger but that is normal.. :)

Thanks ladies... if i have to admit i did test... but a bfn.. which i expected honestly cuz its still so early.. i tested yesterday lol at 7dpo.. we will see what tomorrow has in store.. at 9dpo..

haha rojo i would have given in too. Its still early like you said dont worrie plenty more time for the bfp to show.

Rojo, that is funny you secretly tested! :haha: You're right, its still early. Hopefully tomorrow (or in a few days) you'll see two nice lines! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->