anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Spiffy: Milkikin is kinda far like a hour and a half at least. i live where the rocky mountain national park is. In estes park. Its beautiful up here but kinda isolated. we dont have a nicu until if something is wrong during birth or with baby they are helicopted over to another hospital. its sscary to think of that sometimes.

Haking: No my dh works full time goes to school part time. So he does work weekends almost every weekend. It really suck i get soo upset but at my job its required to work at least every other weekend.

Hi ladies, sorry I've been missing again, wow lots to catch up on!

Spiffy that sucks about having to deal with tenants like that. I like the idea of having property to rent out because I think it's a good investment, but I also don't like the thought of having to deal with people who don't pay or mess up your place or whatever. Think if we ever did it we'd have to get a company to deal with it, although of course that means you have to give them money too :dohh:

Sorry to hear you're having childcare issues duejan :nope: I'm very aware of how lucky I am to be able to be a SAHM, for a lot of people it seems like the difference financially between working and not working is so small, and others it's just not an option to stay off work. Having said that loads of people love their jobs! I was just never one of them :haha:

Speaking of work, I've been thinking about what I do when the kids start going to school. I was a teacher but literally only did that because I fell into it. I had no idea what to do. I have no intention of going back to it but an idea seems to have taken root in my head... I'm wondering about retraining as a midwife :blush: Pregnancy and childbirth absolutely fascinate me and I've learned so much because I can't seem to stop wanting to know more about it. The thing is it just means spending money on the course and it will take three years. I'll have to see.

Rojo good luck for the next few days!

We're having a nice but busy Easter weekend. Yesterday we had a friend of DH's from work come up for the day, he adores kids and wanted to see Noah and it was lovely. Noah doesn't usually allow people he doesn't know very well to hold him or anything but by the end of the day he allowed him to carry him in to his bedroom for bed. Very cute!

This afternoon we're going bed shopping :happydance: Our bed is making me so uncomfortable and achey, I'm sleeping so badly and it never did much for DH and his back either, so we're going to go get a super duper memory foam one. Woohoo!

Pie we got a new bed I told dh I was not going to be pregnant on that bed again lol so we upgraded to a king

I'm a Sahm too and in college for ultrasonography :) for when my kids have lives

6dpo temps still up Fxed

Rojo, you're getting so close to testing time! Fingers crossed that your temps stay up and you get that bfp! :thumbup:

Pie, I think it's funny how similar we are. I also was never one of those people who liked working, and know that I'm super lucky to be a SAHM. The other thing is, I've even thought it would be really cool to go into Obstetrics/Midwifery because pregnancy totally fascinates me. I swear, I could almost go pass an exam and become one without taking courses because I've spent the last two years looking up everything and anything to do with pregnancy. I get excited when I get to talk about it with people who are interested. The only thing is, I'm not sure I could handle the pressure of the actual delivery, because having the life of that newborn baby in my hands, and all the what-ifs, would make me nervous.

As for me, it looks like we won't have to evict our tenant quite yet. She texted last minute and told us she has a check for us, so I guess she'll be there for another month, and then we'll see what happens then. If we're going to have to evict her, I hope we can do it before Liam is born, because I don't want that extra stress on top of handling a newborn baby.

So in my church we don't have a pastor/preacher who gives the sermons every Sunday. Instead, different members of the church are given topics and asked to speak in our meeting. So generally, I have to speak once a year, since there are enough members that it's spread out well, but me and DH got asked to speak tomorrow in church. So essentially, we're giving the Easter sermon! No pressure, right? :haha::dohh:

How funny spiffy, we are really similar! I asked DH if he thought I'd make a good midwife. He said he thought I'd make a brilliant midwife but would be concerned how I would cope with the sad outcomes. Which is something to consider, I am a very emotional person.

I was however watching One Born Every Minute the other day and they had a very sad story of a little boy who died six days after birth, and a midwife was saying that as much as it is incredible to be part of the good times, it's also a privilege and an honour to help families through the tough times. I hope that if I did go into midwifery, I would be able to look at it like that. I'll have a good think about it :flower:

Heehee spiffy, no that's no pressure at all on you and your DH :haha: Fingers crossed all goes well!

Ah rojo, great minds think alike! We've successfully bought a new bed, it was so so comfortable and I could have fallen asleep on it in the store. Unfortunately it takes around 4 weeks to deliver, but it's nice to know its on it's way.

haha spiffy and pie you know what. That is my goal to one day go into midwifery. I love that because you are there through the pregnancy and birth. I was thinking of a labor and deliver nurse but this seems even better. I too watch every birthing show there is out there. If someone asked me about pregnancy i never stop talking lol. I know what you meanabout the sad moment but im sure its more happy moments then sad.

Spiffy i am happy to hear you dont have to kick out your tennant. Hopefully the rent will show and she isnt just talking. And good luck talking at church im sure you will do just fine!!!

Pie: That bed sounds AMAZING lol im always waking up latly. I hope soon we can get a new bed lol. Im glad you are having a great weekend. I hope it continues to be a great weekend!!

Rojo: That is a great sign of you temp staying up fingures crossed they stay up!

Happy Easter everyone!!! i hope its a great day for everyone. We had a great time. Natalia found 16 eggs within 15 min or so. I think i put them to easy for her lol. But she loved it. Last night we decorated them and layed them out for the easter bunny. She went to sleep and at like 5 am she comes in and says wheres my eggs mommy did the bunny come. I told her to go back to sleep and we will see in a little while. She woke up and ran out saw her basket and saw her eggs where not where she left them. It was just soo cute lol. Jonathan too found a couple of them. Well everyone happy easter i wanted to post my 17 week tiny little bump lol I just dont understand how im measuring big when i feel half the size of all you ladys lol

[IMG]https://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s567/Staceyyy2012/034_zpsdd2e4412.jpg[/IMG]

Duejan, cute little bump! I think the size of the bump doesn't have much to do with as much of where your uterus is measuring at. Though I could be wrong. :shrug:

That's cute that your kids had fun doing the egg hunt. We are doing one with our family soon.

Spiffy and Pie, that's neat you want to be a midwife. I love babies but not sure I would be able to handle the scary stuff.

Rojo, can't wait to see some tests in a few days!!! :happydance:

AFM, nothing too exciting. Having Easter with the in-laws and BIL and SIL. Not the most exciting thing since I really don't like my SIL. It's always awkward trying to pretend to be nice! :dohh:

I really hope that Sam likes doing the egg hunt, I'll have to post some pictures! :)

i think your right cuz when i lay down the top of my uterus is above my belly button maybe about two inches.

I hope that you have a great Easter! I think sam will love it. i know jonathan did

afm i forgot to tell you ladies im leaving in the morning to gleenwood springs! I wont be back until thursday. Not sure if i will bring my computer to get on. Well see. though. I will be watching for updates ladies. Rojo i hope i see some test when i get back! And i will try to take lots of pics and send them to you ladies!!

Happy Easter everyone..

7dpo for me.. will start testing in 2 days.. at 9dpo.. temps are still up.. so I hope they continue to stay that way..

Duejan hope you have a great time..

Were doing our egg hunt soon too.. im sure sam will love it.. :) and I hope Bryce does too.. not that he will get to eat much..

Happy Easter ladies! My talk in church went well, although I misjudged the time, so I ended up speaking for about 17 minutes and poor DH had to condense his talk down to about 4 minutes to compensate. :dohh:

We actually did an Easter egg hunt last weekend, but Alia liked stooping over to pick up the eggs, although we had to help her walk over to them. Her favorite part was playing with the empty plastic eggs. :flower:

Duejan, your little bump is cute! I don't really know why some people look bigger or smaller than they should based on the size if their uterus. With how big I look, you'd think I was at least a month further along. :shrug: I hope you have a great time in Glenwood Springs! I look forward to seeing some pictures! :)

Haking and Rojo, I hope your kiddos enjoy their Easter egg hunts! :thumbup:

And Rojo, I'm so excited for Tuesday! Bring on the bfp!:happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2
Spiffy, Alia looks so cute playing with her plastic eggs! Sam loved the hunt and then eating what was inside. My MIL filled his with goldfish, graham crackers and gummy snacks. It was perfect for him. The dogs even helped him eat what he dropped! :haha:

Duejan, I hope you have a good time in Glenwood Springs! And look forward to some pictures! :thumbup:

Rojo, I hope your kids enjoyed their egg hunt! :flower:

They def did though Bryce did not seem to care too much.. he walked around.. McKenna had a blast and so did everyone else..

Im nervous to test.. I don't want anymore bfns.. time will tell.. if my temps stays up then I will remain hopeful

I think if your temps stay up then that is a good sign! I never temped before but I think it's looking good! :thumbup:

Haking I haven't either... but if they fall below coverline af usually will show that day or the day after if you close to af time.. so Im hoping Tuesday I have a nice high temp yet

Haking and Rojo, I'm glad your kids enjoyed their Easter egg hunts. :flower:

Rojo, I'm hopeful for you this month!

Okay, I have a question for your ladies. What is the longest stretch of active time you've experienced from your babies? Because Liam has been awake and moving around for nearly 6 hours now, and most of the movements are strong enough to see from the outside. With Alia, her awake times never seemed to last for more than a half an hour at any given time. I'm starting to wonder if he's okay in there, which is odd, since usually movement is what reassures us that our babies are okay. :dohh:

Good afternoon ladies! I'm glad to hear of all the happy Easter times.

Rojo - just one more day for you!!

Spiffy - I remember once with Lilli, she was active for a good 10 hours. It was exhausting. She was super active most of the time then and hasn't changed any since being born. She even kicks and squirms and "talks" in her sleep.

Here is my most recent pic of my chart..

Attachments

• ch.png
    ch.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom