anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

haha thats funny lol. You know i havnt seen 140 on the scale since i got preg with natalia. I made it to 145 after she was born but couldnt get more off ugg. And then i could get under 150 after i had jonathan. At this rate i wont get under 155 after this one is born... After we all have our babies we should do a workout together lol

Hahaha, Duejan! Good idea! :thumbup:

I actually struggled with how my body looked at having Sam but this time I am gonna try to embrace it and it won't be such a shock to look on the mirror and see what I've become after having a baby! I have a lot of motivation this time to stay active and then lose it all after Ben is born! I guess I didn't realize how hard it would be to lose it after with a newborn. No book can prepare you for it and you will have no idea until you go through it, I believe!

Haking, I was the exact same way. I had a hard time with my body after Alia, but I think most of it was because I just wasn't prepared for what it was going to be like. I somehow thought I'd drop the weight faster, and I never considered the fact that I would have flabby excess skin on my stomach. :(

This time around, I'm going to try to be more pro-active about losing it, though. But until then, at least I know what to expect!

Duejan, I was just thinking to myself, "Well at least we can all encourage each other to lose the weight once these babies get here!" :flower:

Hey everyone..

I have been busy.. doing things out and about all weekend.. and now that its the week im trying to get caught up on housework and many other things lol..

Beautiful bumps.. :)

as far as weight.. I have had two children so im not too shocked. at how I look lol.. the worst is all the stretch marks to me.. but oh well.. hmm with my daughter I started at about 132 and almost 9 months after her I was down to 125lbs.. then I had 2 mcs so I got back up to 135 ish.. and got preg with my Bryce, after Bryce I got down to 132.. and now im preg again.. I gained a few lbs in the ttc process. but im not worried.. as there is plenty of time to workout after baby.. and now that im not spotting anymore I feel like I can move again.. :)

Rojo, I'm glad to hear that you haven't had any more spotting. It's crazy to think that you're already half way through the first trimester! :D

Spiffy, the excess skin was a shock to me! But I now know its possible to lose it, just being strict. I actually think DH is struggling with having less time to workout now than he did before than me.

Rojo, I'm so glad your spotting has stopped! :thumbup: I do agree the stretch marks were hard to see, but now I don't really mind them as long as I can get my shape back! After all, I'm not a swimsuit model! :haha:

Im not a model by any means either.. but I think I will forever hate my stretch marks..

Rojo, it's not that I love them but they don't bother me as much as before! I got them so late with Sam too, like 36 weeks so that sucked to be so close I the end and get them! So far no new ones though...

Yeah, my stretch marks don't bother me as much as they used to, except for the ones I got on my butt and the back of my thighs. :blush: It looks like I got attacked by bear claws back there! They're also the only stretch marks that didn't fade much after Alia was born. Hopefully someday they will!

I don't think I've picked up any new stretch marks yet, either, although I didn't start getting them with Alia until I was about 30 weeks, so I guess there's still plenty of time.

Hi rojo! im soo happy the spotting as completely stopped!

THats the funny thing for me ladies that i dont mind the stretch marks witch is why its funny i had that dream lol. I didnt get any new ones with jonathan. Haking i didnt start getting them until 36 weeks either and they managed to get right up to by belly button on the back of my legs. (So much for wearing shorts again lol)
Alsoi agree with rojo with the second you are not as shocked once you see your after body like you were with your first.

guess what ladies my boobs started leaking today!!!!! im soo exited lol.

Haha! Duejan, it's great that you're so excited about your boobs leaking. Mine have started already too. I heard a tiny baby crying in the grocery store the other day and they started tingling!

Skadi, Ozzy self-weaned off of BF'ing when I was around 14 weeks pregnant. He went from being totally milk crazy (he would grab the nursing pillow and try to carry it over to me) to not caring at all if I lifted up my shirt and flashed him. It was weird, but I think you're right - the milk changed because of pregnancy hormones and so it just doesn't taste the same.

I weighed around 165 before both pregnancies. I gained around 40-45 with Ozzy, so I told myself I'd like to not get up past 200 this time. Well, I weighed myself this weekend and I'm already at 202. :( (Oh, and I'm 5'3".) The weird thing is, I measured 2 weeks ahead with Ozzy, and so far with Jimmy I'm measuring right on. I feel like my weight gain is more distributed around my body this time, too, not just all out front like a big round basket ball. I feel waaaaaayyyy more fat and big this time around. Hoping I can lose the weight pretty quickly like I did with Ozzy. And hopefully more, since I was overweight before getting pregnant.

In other news, I had my GTT this morning. I asked for a room temperature glucose solution to drink instead of a chilled one, and I was able to drink it super fast. The nurse actually seemed impressed with how fast I drank it. Ha! I don't like chilled/iced water either, so I know I'm weird that way, but it was nice to be able to drink it really fast and just get it over with. Anyway, I should have the results in three days max, so I'll let you know how it went. :)

Duejan and Harley, that's interesting that you mention about boobs leaking/feeling tingly. I have been having that lately too (tingling) but just dismissed it thinking it was in my head but glad to hear its normal and happening to you guys too!

Harley, how long did it take you to lose the weight after Ozzy? I have been doing a lot of reading about how long it took people and it seems to be all over. Obviously I'm sure it has to do with a lot of factors, ie breastfeeding, exercise, healthy eating etc. I'm hoping to lose it quick this time! We'll see...I wanna start walking/running quickly after birth but I won't know if that's an option till after he's here :shrug:

Oh, and I hope you passed your GTT test. :flower: I take mine in a few weeks.

Harley, good luck on the GTT! I take mine on Thursday. The last time around I drank mine pretty fast and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, so if I get a choice, I'm going to go with the same flavor this time (orange). I'm more concerned about getting GD this time around because I've been craving and eating a lot more sweets than last time. Hopefully not, though!

As for leaking, I never had any until after Alia was born, no tingling either. And even after she was born, I still didn't start leaking when I heard other people's babies crying. Then again, I also totally lost my milk supply by the time she was 8 weeks old. I'll be happy if I start leaking early this time, because it will give me hope that I might have a better supply this time around and be able to breastfeed longer.

Hey all.. :)

Thanks Im very happy to not be spotting anymore..

Cant believe how far you ladies are.... 3rd tri for most.. ekks.. is everyone ready ;)

AFM im doing well.. ms comes and goes thankfully its not constant.. so im dealing.. hmm leaky boobs I had it earlier with Bryce but not bad.. not McKenna with her it was after.. and I never leaked or tingled with either when babies cried lol..

got my little one weighed today he's finally over 6lbs, he's 6lb 8oz and was 5lb 14oz at his last weigh in. taking his time but getting there slowly

Rojo, I'm glad to hear that your MS isn't constant, at least! As for your question...sometimes I feel ready (like when my hips are aching in the middle of the night :haha:), but then when I remember how hard those early days are with no sleep and lots of poop and crying, I'm suddenly not so sure! :dohh:

Steph, I'm glad to hear that your little boy is growing, even if it is slow. I'm curious, your doctor ever actually diagnose it as IUGR? Mine didn't, until I got a new doctor, and then she took one look at my chart and said, "This is what we call Intrauterine Growth Restriction." It was funny, because I had pretty much already concluded that she'd had IUGR, so it was just nice to have someone confirm it for me.

Okay ladies, I have been looking forward to today for weeks now! Tonight I have a 60 minute pre-natal massage! :happydance: It's going to be soooo nice!

Ooooh, a massage! I'm jealous, Spiffy!

Steph, that is awesome that your little guy is growing.

Rojo, glad to hear you are dealing well with the MS and that it isn't constant. And that the spotting has stopped. Things are sounding good!

Heather, I want to say it took around 6 months for me to lose all the weight. I can't remember exactly. (Your name is Heather, right... I always want to call you guys by your first name since we shared them a while back, but I'm afraid I'm remembering incorrectly!) Breastfeeding definitely helped, and then I also was off dairy and soy for about 6ish months, so I was eating better too. Both of those helped. Can't say I was really doing much exercising! Although I guess I was more active than I was while pregnant and definitely more active than I am now. It's soccer and softball season and I can't play. :(

So glad to hear you're doing well, Rojo! :flower:

Spiffy, I hope you enjoy your massage! It sounds lovely, though I can never seem to relax when a stranger is massaging me! :dohh: I always ask DH and if he is in the mood he gives me a really nice long one! :thumbup:

As for third tri, I'm kinda ready for it! It seems like this whole pregnancy has flown by and I'm actually kinda ready to meet this boy already! Plus its getting hot here so it will be nice to be home with him come the summer!

So, apparently one of my glucose tests came back slightly elevated. Emphasis on slightly. They said they will refer me to a diabetes expert who will give me a call, but not to worry and just keep eating healthy and exercising.

Oh no, Harley! Are they going to make you do the three hour glucose test now? Hopefully it was just an off day when you had your blood drawn, and everything is fine.

Haking, my DH will massage me if I ask him, but he doesn't really know what he's doing, so it ends up being a sporadic ten minute massage with a lot of breaks where I have to remind him to keep going. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->