anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

spiffy sounds like my dh..

So I have had another episode of spotting today.. thinking of starting my oral progesterone and stop the supp. I have like 3-4 left.. and I would prefer the oral now over the supp.. and use the sup when im almost 12 weeks

Rojo, sorry to hear about the spotting, but it sounds like you have a good plan with the progesterone, since it's probable that it's just the suppositories that are irritating your cervix again.

Rojo, that sucks about the spotting again but it sounds like you have it sorted out and its just the suppositories!

Harley, that sucks about the GTT! :nope: Are you gonna have to retest or is it just slightly over to where they are considering it a pass?

That's awesome you lost the weight so quickly. I gained A LOT with Sam and it took me early 10-11 months to lose it so I'm so worried this time and have been so careful! Especially because I have to return to work this time and I'd rather not come back in maternity jeans! :blush:

It is Heather, by the way! :flower:

Yeah, I agree. Switching to the oral prog. sounds like a good plan.

Spiffy, I'm not sure yet. I'm waiting for a call from the diabetes expert, and I have my next monthly check up on the 10th, so I guess I'll know more soon. I already did the 2 hour test (with 10 hours of fasting beforehand). I had the option of doing that or the 1 hour (no fasting) test. I didn't know they did 3 hour tests.

Haha! Heather, we keep posting at the same time today. :)

I'm much more worried about losing the weight this time around. Not sure exactly why, but it just feels different than last time.

Harley, I think its normal to worry more with the second because you have even less time with a toddler and a baby! :wacko: I kept thinking while pregnant with Sam...I'll just lose it after I have him, not realizing how hard it really would be! :dohh:

Around here, they typically do a one hour glucose test, and then if you fail that test, then they make you do a three hour test. I guess a two hour test makes sense, since it's in the middle.

As far as losing weight goes, I actually think it will be easier the second time, because I'll be chasing Alia around, whereas when Alia was little, I spent as much time sitting as possible (probably because I was so tired).

Yeah, I remember back when we all said what our names were, but I just remember that Harley is Rachel, Blessed is Michelle (I think!) and Haking is Heather. In case you forgot my name, I'm Jordyn. :)

Blessed is Melissa! And, yes, I'm Rachael. :)

And I remembered Jordyn. Mostly because you told us the story of the nurse who remembered your name. Tee hee. :)

Pie is Vanessa? And Chez is Shelley, I think? That's all I can remember.

Oh, and my DH is great at giving massages, he just doesn't ever want to! Ha.

My DH doesn't want to give one usually either...I have to usually bribe him to give me one for him to do it! :haha:

You girls have a good memory with names...I can remember a lot of things (DH says I'm like an elephant :rofl:) but not names always. I work at a doggie daycare place and I remember all the dogs names but never the owners! :dohh:

Spiffy, I do agree with losing weight quicker because you'll be chasing around a toddler! I feel like I'm gonna be a crazy person and my DH may have a nervous breakdown with two little ones for a few hours before I get home! I'm really trying to re-work my schedule so I can get off earlier to help him a few days!

Melissa, not Michelle. I was close, though! :winkwink:

So my DH still isn't home, and I need to leave for my massage appointment soon. I think he'll make it in time, but he'll be cutting it close. I thought for awhile that he wasn't going to be home in time and that I'd have to miss my massage (and since they don't take cancellations in last 24 hours, I would still have to pay).

Ah, he just walked in! Hallelujah! I'm outta here!

I hope you enjoyed your massage, spiffy!

Steph, I'm glad to hear that your little boy is growing, even if it is slow. I'm curious, your doctor ever actually diagnose it as IUGR? Mine didn't, until I got a new doctor, and then she took one look at my chart and said, "This is what we call Intrauterine Growth Restriction." It was funny, because I had pretty much already concluded that she'd had IUGR, so it was just nice to have someone confirm it for me.

Thank you
I had a look in his health record book the other day and on the bit that says problems in pregnancy it sayd IUGR. they never told me about it so i had no idea he had it and had no idea what it was, all i got told by my consolent before i got induced was that he wanted to do it sooner rather then later as it posed less risk to the baby.

Thanks, Haking. The massage was great! Unfortunately, I had an emotional breakdown as soon as I got home, thanks to the fact that I had been so stressed about making my appointment, and my frustrations about DH getting home so late from work, and the fact that Alia had been awake crying for 2 and a 1/2 hours the night before. Last night she was awake for 2 and a 1/2 hours, then went back to sleep for a bit, then woke up and cried for another hour! I am so tired and depressed about this whole sleep situation, especially because I don't know what to do about it! :cry::sleep:

Steph, I was the same way. My doctor never mentioned IUGR to me either, but I'm glad that I know now, because I've learned a lot about it and it helps me make sense of some of Alia's struggles. For example, a lot of IUGR babies are delayed in physical developments (Alia didn't crawl until she was 11 months old, didn't pull herself up to standing until she was 13 months, and only just figured out yesterday how to sit up by herself), and they're also prone to eating issues, which we've had PLENTY of with Alia. I found this forum on Babycenter pretty helpful: https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a6717293/iugr_babies_and_kids It's specifically for moms of IUGR babies and kids. Some of the women there are still pregnant with their IUGR babies, and it just makes me feel so blessed that Alia didn't have it worse than she did, because some of these babies are born only weighing 1 or 2lbs. :(

Spiffy with my daughter they suspected IUGR but that was never the case she was just little :)

:hugs: on the sleep situation..

spiffy (jordyn) i really hope you enjoyed your massage. That had to be soooo nice!!!!!

Haking(heather): That is funny about remembering the dogs names first lol. That is totally something i would do. I dont remember names very well either but everything else i can remember great

steph: That is wonderful news that you lo is gaining weight. And that is a great weight gain!!! you might have awnsered this question already but are you ff or bf?

Harley(Racheal): IM sorry about the glucose test. Here they do the one hour one too then the three hour one if you fail the first one. I never heard of a 2 hour one either lol. i really hope its the gd!

Rojo: Im sorry to hear about the spotting again. But sounds like a great idea just going oral!!!! Glad the ms is not getting you to bad either. Im guessing that its going to leave you soon!!!!

Ok ladies my name is Stacey. I will try to remember everyones names but there is no garentee lol. I am very exited for my boobs to start leaking because i had low milk supply with jonathan so im really hopeing to have one succesfull bf experience. I had alot of milk with my daughter but i was only barley 19 when she was born and gave up after a few days of trying. Plus they both had a bad latch. Im like desperate i feel like to make this one bf lol. Next week i will call and make a appointment for my 3d scan for 25 weeks. Yay im soo exited lol. Well ladies looks like we have gotton another 15 inches or so of snow last night and its still snowing. I just want it to warm up so we can go outside!!! lol.

As for losing weight. I was 166 when jonathan was born. Came home at 159. 2 weeks after he was born i was down to 150 ( started at 145) Then that is when i started stressing about bf and kinda gained like 5 lbs back. Lost it when i started working. So started this preg at 150ish. When most of our los are born it should still be nice outside so we should be able to go outside for a awhile and walk. Couldnt do that in the middle of winter lol. Im exited for it to be nice when my baby is born!

Thanks, Rojo. When was your daughter born, and how much did she weigh?

Duejan (Stacey) we got some snow last night too, but not nearly as much as you. Just enough to be annoying! :growlmad: I want it to be summer and stay summer now! I'm excited to see pictures from your 3D scan, though! That will be so exciting! I've never done 3D pictures, but I'd like to someday. Maybe if they ever get cheaper. :winkwink:

spiffy i im glad you liked your massage. I am soo sorry though to hear about alias sleeping. Have you called the doc yet? Is she still vomitting?

Jordyn, glad you got to enjoy your massage. :hugs: So sorry about the emotional breakdown though :nope:, I hope things start looking up with Alia and her sleeping. Has she ever been a good sleeper?

Stacey, that's great you lost weight so quickly after Jonathan. :thumbup: I am hoping to be lucky this time around...and to be honest I'm starting to worry about weight loss after Ben is here. I feel there is always so much pressure to get back to pre-pregnancy weight after baby is born! :wacko:

I can't wait to see your 3D scan pictures...I always like looking at other peoples but sometimes I think they look kinda creepy! :haha: I don't think I would ever do it myself but its neat to see others and then compare once baby is born.

littlesteph, that's great that your LO is gaining weight! :thumbup: Hopefully things keep looking up. :hugs:

That sucks you girls are still getting snow!!! :growlmad: Isn't it supposed to be spring?! :haha: I keep trying to send some of our warm weather your way but its not making it! :winkwink:

We will have 93 by Friday...:dohh: Not looking forward to it being THAT hot yet!!! :wacko:

You know Jordyn Natalia was pretty small when she was born considering she was born at 41 weeks and they thought she was even further along because her skin was all wrinkly from baking to long they said. She was 6lbs 15 oz. My son born before his due date was 7 lbs 8 oz so if he would have went to 40 weeks then he would have been over 8 lbs.

Heather. Just try not to stress about it. It took me over a year to lose weight after i hat natalia. But like the other ladies have said. You will be chasing after sam still even with a baby. ANd if you plan to breast feed right off the bat the will really help you too. I had no idea and was scared while pregnant with jonathan for the same reason. I was shocked when i went to see the doc and saw how much i had lost. You CAN and WILL be just fine! Please keep trying to send the warm weather my way. I just cant wait to go outside and get the kids out!!!!

Stacey, I know it will happen and a lot of is I put a lot of stress on myself...my DH tells me all the time! :blush: I do plan to try to breastfeed, I wasn't able to with Sam so I just pumped but this time around hopefully it will work out better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->