anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Epidural for sure. If I don't have to be in much pain I won't! :haha: I had a good experience with my first epidural, so I'm not scared at all this time. I had a much worse experience with the IV, to be honest. It took them 8 tries to get it in! :dohh:

Steph, I hope your temp shoot back up after this, because the cramping sounds like a good sign! I had cramping at about that point in my cycle with both my bfps. :thumbup:

:

Really, I didn't temp or syptom track last time, we just used opks and conieve plus and hoped for the best.
I have a few syptoms now that i did last time, like being tired and always hungry, the tiredness i'm putting down to having a little one the hunger i have no idea. usually i'm hardly ever hungry now it seems to be every hour. i vagly remember having cramps but can't remember if they felt like AF ones or slightly different. I wish i syptomed checked now at least then i'd have something to look back on :haha:

when i was in induced labour with James i started off having co-codamol which did nothing, then i had pethadine which was great feel asleep with that, as few hours after that wore off i was rushed in for a c-section and had a spinal, my legs were still numb the next morning. but i did have him at 11:32pm so that could be why. it's so weird not being able to lift your legs or move your toes

Steph, I never really symptom spotted much either, but from what I hear, your symptoms can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy or come and go with each AF. I'm not sure most symptoms that we ladies like to "spot" are super reliable, especially very early in pregnancy.

Logan, I'll be going "natural." I put it in quotes because I plan to use laughing gas like last time, so not quite drug free. However, I've heard that some women who used gas for one labour can end up hating it the next, so we'll see. It was fabulous last time, but if it doesn't work this time (or if I have a bad reaction), then I'll go over the options with the doctor. I'd like to avoid an epidural or spinal, though.

when i was in induced labour with James i started off having co-codamol which did nothing, then i had pethadine which was great feel asleep with that, as few hours after that wore off i was rushed in for a c-section and had a spinal, my legs were still numb the next morning. but i did have him at 11:32pm so that could be why. it's so weird not being able to lift your legs or move your toes

How was the spinal? I've heard it's painful but I have no idea other than what I've read. :wacko:

Steph, I never really symptom spotted much either, but from what I hear, your symptoms can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy or come and go with each AF. I'm not sure most symptoms that we ladies like to "spot" are super reliable, especially very early in pregnancy.

Logan, I'll be going "natural." I put it in quotes because I plan to use laughing gas like last time, so not quite drug free. However, I've heard that some women who used gas for one labour can end up hating it the next, so we'll see. It was fabulous last time, but if it doesn't work this time (or if I have a bad reaction), then I'll go over the options with the doctor.

I think quite a few early pregnancy syptoms are simular to AF ones. I think thats what i read last time i was trying.

How was the spinal? I've heard it's painful but I have no idea other than what I've read. :wacko:

I didn't think it was painful, just felt like a little stratch to be honest, a little like when you have a blood test.

Thanks ladies.. I was curious as to what you all did and will do.. Excited now that I can join in on the preggo convos lol :)

with my first I just got a shotl not the epidural they weren't offered and it worked pretty good wore off by the time stitches were done cuz I tore.. Bryce was the epidural cuz I didn't want to feel anything but it sucked and wore off before pushing boo.. and he had to do it more than once..

This time I don't want anything.. hope to be able to stick to that.. maybe just something light through the iv.. but we will see..

Yeah, they didn't tell me that I couldn't have the laughing gas during the pushing stage. I was kind of peeved when they took it away. But it turned out that as long as I was pushing it didn't really hurt. The pushing stage was actually a nice relief from active labour. The nurse had told me it would be, and I was like "Yeah right!" Well, it's true!

See, I had to push for 3 hours with Alia (and then still ended up with an episiotomy), so the pushing stage was the worst for me. I had the type of epidural where it wears off unless you continue to give yourself doses, and since I was so preoccupied pushing I forgot to give myself a dose toward the end and could pretty much feel everything while my doctor had to manually scrape out my placenta and do the stitches after.

So I feel like I've experienced pain relief and no relief, and I know which one I preferred. :haha:

I find it really hard to differentiate between AF symptoms and pregnancy ones because they can be so similar! I really think you can drive yourself nuts trying to symptom spot if you're pregnant. But that two week wait is such a pain I always end up doing it anyway :haha:

I had a home water birth with Noah without pain relief, hoping to do the same this time round, if all goes according to plan. The water was really soothing so I do much better when I'm not on dry land!

I hate the two week wait, so many of the syptoms are the same.
the only ones i had last time that were different from AF was the feeling sick, always hungry and always tired.
the hunger and tiredness i have been getting latly though so hoping its not another syptom of AF.

I tested again this morning it was negative but it still early days, as i only have one test left i can't test again till friday. Hubby won't let me buy anymore tests till i am late.

The fact that your temp went back up is a great sign.. little steph... good luck :)

Hope your all doing well..

Im excited.. Im done with school for the semester so I can finally enjoy the time with my kids instead of worrying about work and tests.. lol and only 9 days left to my us

Vanessa, I have a friend who is doing a home birth this time around. She's going to have a birthing tub, but the midwife said that she's actually had to resuscitate a lot more babies that were born in the water, so she's going to have my friend labor in the pool, and then get out when she's actually delivering the baby.

Steph, the only symptoms I had during my bfp cycles that were different, were AF cramps a week early, and a UTI. I know that sounds weird, but the only times in my life that I've ever had a UTI were in the TWW of my pregnant cycles. Go figure!

Logan, yay for being done with school for the semester! I know you've probably said before, but how many semesters do you have left before you graduate?

As for me, I'm having a rough time right now. Alia has thrown up every day and night since Friday, and I'm just getting so tired of dealing with it, especially because she tends to do it when I'm here by myself. On top of that, she slept badly last night, so I wasn't able to catch up on any sleep that I missed from the weekend (from being at the hospital). I also felt kind of sick and nauseous yesterday, and today I've just been tearing up at everything, which is awkward because my FIL works from home, so I just have to hide the fact that I've been crying whenever he walks in the room. :(

Vanessa, I had hoped for a water birth too but my hospital that I had Sam at didn't do it and then with the c section that is totally out of the question now! I hope that you get the birth that you want though! :flower:

Steph, it is a good sign that you're temp went back up! :thumbup: When will AF be late for you?

Logan, that has to be such a nice relief to be done with the semester and enjoy the summer a bit without worrying about deadlines for school.

Jordyn, sorry you're feeling super emotional and that Alia isn't sleeping through the night for you and having vomiting issues! :hugs: I totally can relate on having to hide from you FIL that you've been crying...its very awkward! And even worse when they ask "what's wrong" and then you cry more! Or at least I do! :dohh: Is Alia just throwing up her milk or everything she eats too? Could she have a bug possibly?

Spiffynoodles - i had a uti when i was pregnant with my little one, i asked a friend about it because i knew suffered with them, it was her that told me i could be pregnant, a little over a week later i found out i pregnant.

HAKing - AF is due friday or if i was to go by FF then possible saturday

Thanks, Heather. I also cry more when someone asks what's wrong. It'll be nice when we're in our own house and I can cry in peace! :dohh: As for Alia, we have an appointment with our pediatrician today to see if we can figure out what's wrong with her. She's throwing up her milk occasionally, but most of the time its when we give her solids, so she's been on a mostly milk (formula) diet the past few days just so she'll keep something down.

Jordyn, poor girl! I hope that the pediatrician can figure out what is causing her to vomit so much! :hugs: Have you switched her formula recently? Will you plan to switch to cow's milk soon? When Sam was a newborn we fed formula at night only (so others could help with feeding) and Sam would literally projectile vomit across the room!!! I swear that it was like a scene from the exorcist :rofl: It was horrible and I felt like I was constantly doing laundry! :wacko:

Sorry to hear alia is feeling ill.. hope you figure it out soon.. Bryce is still on formula as he hates cows milk.. I have been doing half and half in his bottles to try to wean him off formula... so we can be done with it and the bottles at the same time..

Hope your all well..

Yes being done is a relief.. Spiffy I have a few years left lol.. prob at least 2 if not 3 of generals then 2 years of program work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->