anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

That's awesome that Natalia and Jonathan are doing well and adjusting well! :thumbup:

Sam is still loving it and doing well. He really is thriving and doing great. His sitter text me today asking for diapers so I asked her how he was doing and she said he's great and plays so well and how much they love him! That made me feel good. I can tell Sam is talking more since going there...granted he is more tired at the end of the night which usually means crabby some nights but I'll take that over my SIL anyday! It also seems like going there has helped him learn to play with others as share better. I have no complaints! Switching was by far the best thing we have done for him.

I do agree with you about being a SAHM. We are working on that for me but probably not for a few more years which is okay just knowing we are moving in the right direction!

Duejan! A Girl! Yay! I love the 3D ultrasounds, I really wanted to do one with Keira but never got the chance. Maybe this time I can. It`s amazing to be able to see their little faces like that so early on!

Stacey, I love the pictures! Especially the bottom right picture where it looks like she's smiling. :flower:

Heather and Stacey, I'm glad to hear that your kids are liking their new daycares! That must be such a relief. :)

Jordyn, since I know you guys live at your in laws...are Alia an Liam gonna have to share a nursery? I've been looking at different ideas of how people joined the two lately just to get ideas just worried how Sam will sleep though Ben crying :wacko:

Yep, they'll have to share. At first, we'll have Liam in our room in a bassinet. I don't want him to stay in our room for that long (I slept so much better after we moved Alia to her room), but I'd like him to at least be at the point where he's going straight back to sleep after being fed, and not just awake for hours at a time in the middle of the night. I really hope Alia learns to sleep through his crying pretty fast, or else just learn to go back to sleep quickly, because my fear is that he'll wake her up, and then when I go in to feed him, Alia will want me to get her up, too. :nope:

The sad thing is, my in-laws actually have another crib in their laundry room, but there's no heating vent in the laundry room, so as soon as October hits, it just gets really cold in there at night, so I don't want to have to put Alia or Liam in there. But I guess if the whole room-sharing thing is a disaster, we could put one of them in the laundry room and buy a little space heater to warm it up. But then no one gets to do laundry after a certain point at night! :dohh:

We have a two bedroom house so... The new baby will be in my bedroom for 6 months and then it will have to move in with Keira. Hopefully we will begin looking for houses next spring so it won't be an issue for long (or at all).

Jordyn, I totally understand your frustration! My in laws lived in their motorhome for a year when my BIL and SIL lived with them so they could have their bedroom even though there is two other bedrooms in the house. We have mentioned us using their room for Ben for a few months till be is sleeping through the night but I don't know if they will go along with it.

So we are considering even putting Sam in our room and Ben in his own room and then moving the two together once Ben is sleeping good. We have a few options though none feel as good as having our own place! :haha:

As far as Liam or Alia in the laundry room with a space heater might not be a bad idea. We had one in Sam's room because it was December and it worked out just fine

Stacey, I have to admit, I'm usually creeped out by those 3D u/s pics, but those are pretty cute. I agree with Jordyn, the bottom right one is especially great because it looks like she's smiling! Love it!

And yes, I have an anterior placenta. :)

We also will have to deal with the whole "when do we move the two kids into the same room" thing. Like you, Skadi, we plan to keep Jimmy in our room for the first 6 months (or whenever he outgrows the bassinette) and then move him and Ozzy in together. We'll have to switch our bedrooms at that point, though, because they won't both fit in the smaller bedroom. So, they'll probably be some downsizing happening in terms of how much stuff we have. I don't know why/how we end up with so much stuff to begin with. When we were getting ready for Ozzy and I was sorting through stuff, trying to decide what to keep and what to get rid of, I kept asking myself, "Which would I rather have? This random item or room for my baby to play?" More often than not, the item ended up in the "donate" pile!

Rachel, I'm with you on getting rid of stuff so they boys have a play room instead of a bunch of stuff you only use a few times a year! We have so much stuff everywhere...basically an entire house worth in many different storage places! :dohh: I was actually going though Sam's clothes seeing what I can use for Ben and realized I have none of his newborn clothes and they are packed away somewhere! :wacko:

Its nice that a lot of you girls are putting the baby in your room...DH won't allow it. We didn't with Sam and I never regretted it once since we never had that transition but sometimes it would be easier than getting up and going into the next room...or across the house! Instead I would always fall asleep with Sam in our bed and then when DH got home he would put him in his crib, so it was a nice compromise! :winkwink:

Yeah, I don't like having the baby on our room because I wake up at every little sound, and I think DH's snoring keeps the baby up, too, but it's just the only practical thing to do for us at first. Plus, like you said, Heather, you don't have to go as far to breastfeed in the middle of the night.

Well, I just had my 32 week OB appointment, and my fundal height is measuring 33 and 1/2, so I'm pretty optimistic about Liam's size! And we'll find out for sure how big he is tomorrow at our ultrasound! :flower:

Jordyn, so happy Liam is measuring ahead! :thumbup: hopefully he will be a bit bigger then his big sister!

I can't wait to see pictures of him after your US! Do they estimate his weight and all that for you? I keep thinking that maybe Ben will be smaller than Sam because of weight gain but then again I'm not sure that and a lot to do with it...:shrug:

Heather, I'm not sure if they'll estimate the weight or not. I'll definitely let you know what they say if they do, though! :flower:

Hope today goes well Spiffy...

12 weeks today whoop whoop :) will post bump pics later

Thanks, Logan! My ultrasound isn't until 3:40pm (MST) so I still have some time to kill before then, but I'm feeling pretty good about it. My guess is that he'll actually be measuring big.

Congrats on hitting the 12 week mark! That's exciting! It seems like your pregnancy is going so fast!

I had my 11 week checkup yesterday. The Dr found the baby's heartbeat pretty quickly. My uterus is just at belly button level now so he couldn't do a measurement. I also got a date for my next ultrasound... June 17th. Eeep!

Yay skadi exciting.. :)

As promised my 12 week bump

Attachments

• IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 4
Hooray for 12 weeks, Logan! :happydance: Nice little bump you've got there.

Oooh, so nice to have an u/s date, Skadi. That's not far away!

Jordyn, I'm looking forward to hearing about your u/s today. Really curious to see how big Liam is!

I had an appointment this morning, and I finally got to see my favourite doctor from the practice, so that was nice. :) My belly is measuring 32 cm (I'm 31+4, so that's pretty close to right on). However, the doctor decided to bring in the u/s machine and measure him (bonus!). Turns out he's measuring big. The doctor asked how big Ozzy was (9' 4"), and he's guessing Jimmy will be about the same size. Looks like we have another 97th percentile baby on our hands!

I did mention the crying for no reason, and he said that if it gets worse they can prescribe something (don't think I'd be likely to go that route, though), and he said that if my "baby blues" cleared up within 2 weeks last time, that he's not worried about PDP this time around. So that's nice. It still comes and goes, though.

Another interesting thing is the doctor asked me if I still work at Power to Change. I said yes, and he asked me a few more questions. Turns out he is neighbours with the president of the organization and had been on a trip to Tanzania in March with our humanitarian aid ministry as part of a water well project. Pretty cool.

Skadi, did your doctor say anything about you measuring big? Because I thought your uterus was supposed to be just over the pubic bone at 12 weeks, and belly button level at 20 weeks. :shrug: Regardless, that's exciting that you have an ultrasound coming up in a few weeks!

Logan, I love the bump pic! Baby is coming along quite nicely! :thumbup:

Rachel, I'm glad to hear that Jimmy is growing so good! Of course I hope he doesn't get so big that it makes your delivery difficult! And that's funny that your doctor has a connection to the company you work for. It really is a small world!

As for me, I'm going to go take a 32 week bump pic, so I'll post that in a bit. :flower:

Jordyn, I'm looking forward to hearing how your US goes today and hopefully Liam is still measuring right on track! :thumbup: They did estimate the weight for Sam towards the end for me but I don't think with the hospital I go to now they do unless there is a concern. :shrug:

Logan, very cute bump coming along there! :flower: I can't believe you're already 12 weeks! It seems to be flying by.

Skadi, that's great they were able to find your babies heartbeat so quick, but I also second what Jordyn said about how far up your uterus is. Could there be a chance you're further along than expected? :shrug:

Rachel, good to hear that Jimmy is measuring on track...or even a bit ahead. Hopefully he isn't too big and you have an easy delivery. Did you find it difficult with Ozzy since he was a bit on the bigger side?

Lately people have been asking me when I'm due...guess its par for the course at the end though! :wacko: Even a customer the other day told me that I was "waddling"...not a very nice thing to say! Needless to say, I was a bit offended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->