anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Oh sorry I didn't explain that! It's a British thing, you can pay for private ante-natal classes and you get to meet other mums at the same stage as you. So we all became friends, the 9 of us each have a child practically the same age.

That's awesome that you have so many friends with babies that are Noah's age! I wish I had a network like that. After my friend moves, I'll be all alone. :( I wish I had a better way of meeting new mom friends, but as I don't have a car and rarely leave the house, I'm not sure how I'll do it.

As for the EPO, I've always read that you can start taking it orally at 34 weeks, and then you can't insert them vaginally at 36 weeks. I tried vaginally last time around, but after a few days of doing it, decided that I just preferred to take them orally. Still did the trick, I think!

Rachel, that will be great if you can take a day off after your vacation to recover. It sounds strange that we'd need time to recover after vacations, but I swear it happens like that everytime! Plus, there are vacations...and then there are vacations with babies. :winkwink:

Jordyn, that's awesome that you will be getting all the used clothes from you're aunt and uncle! :thumbup: And its not like they will even look worn with a newborn as they don't do much in them to ruin them that early! :winkwink: I'm sorry to hear you're friend is moving away...I do agree its hard to make friends while being a SAHM and not having a car. I ran into that same problem while living in KY for a year...me and my mom got very close, to say the least! :haha:

Vanessa, that's awesome that so many of you're friends are having babies and so close together...seems like one every month! :thumbup:

I don't know if any of you girls (US ladies) know anything about FMLA vs short term disability for when I have Ben. I'm so confused by it all and I know I need to look into it before August so I'm prepared but I don't even know where to start...do I ask the doctor? My boss said that she thinks I apply online but wasn't 100% sure. :wacko:

I didn't have to deal with this last time as I was already done working way before Sam was born.

Heather, unfortunately I don't really know anything about FMLA or short term disability. When I was pregnant with Alia, I just quit work at 36 weeks to become a SAHM, so I never had to deal with that. I hope you can get some clear answers, though!

As for me, I'm sick. When I started to get a sore, scratchy throat the other day, I tried telling myself it was just allergies, but this morning I woke up feeling like crap, so I don't think I can deceive myself anymore. To make matters worse, DH was making so much noise this morning getting ready for work that he woke up Alia at 6:30am, so she's been fussy and demanding, plus I didn't get as much sleep as I needed. I hope this cold, or whatever it is, passes quickly. :(

Hugs spiffy im just getting over a cold.. it was brutal..

Eurgh sorry to hear you feel rough Jordyn :hugs: I always try to think mind over matter but sometimes there's just no getting away from it! Hope you feel better soon.

As for me, I feel exhausted. Cannot put into words how tired and achey I feel. I've got to go and see my cranial osteopath again because my neck and back have gotten awful again. Plus I have to ask her when to start the acupuncture to prepare my body for labour.

I've got a midwife appointment later on, and also have one next week with the ones in my potential new area. Feel like I have midwife appointments co,ing out of my ears!

Jordyn: That is amazing that Alia Is already noticing when her diaper is wet. Jonathan too will take his off when it wet if i dont have a onsie on him. I am soo sorry to hear that your mommy friend is moving. Its really hard for me to find mommy friends here too epsecially around my age. That is great that your aunt and uncle had all those clothes to give you! That really helps lol. Im sorry that your feeling ill. I really hope that you feel better soon!!! As for the epo i started taking it late at 38 weeks but jonathan still came early. I did rlt as well and and a great labor lol

vanessa: That is great that you have so many mommy friends that have babies the same age. Plus every month basically!!! Good luck at your midwife appointments!!

Rachel i hope you have a great time on you vacation!! You see ladies im the opposite i think. When i come home from vacation i start laundry and everything that min. That way the days after im done with everything lol.

Heather: I know alittle about the fmla. But my question for you would be do you really need to fill it out? LIke that is mostly for big places like where i work like hospitals and stuff. Like when i had jonathan my work just let me take as long as i needed and i was garenteed my spot back. I knew they wouldnt get rid of my position. But now working at the hospital i got the paperwork from the HR. I have to do it there. So my question is if you think that your position wont be available when you come back then go get the papers and if you know your boss will keep it open then i dont think you should have to fill out the papers. That is great that you want to start potty training sam so soon. I might try to with jonathan as well my niece comes here and he sees her using Natalias little potty. And sometimes i think to try him on it but idk yet lol

how are you feeling logan?

Well ladie i am offically in third tri!!! i took a pic but have to download it still lol. My belly is getting uncomfortable. I have to sleep with a pillow under my belly basically. It kinda hard working 3 12 hour shift in a row now too. I have soo much pressure by the end yesterday. My SIL wanted me to watch my niece again today but i just told her i cant i need to rest. Next week i have my glucose test so hope all goes well. Im sure it will though. i cant believe how close we are all getting to see our little babies!!!! I cant believe that skadi and logan are basically in second tri now too awww... How is everyone doing?

Jordyn, sorry to hear you're feeling sick! :nope: Hopefully it passes quickly and Alia lets you rest a bit. :hugs: I started feeling a bit of a scratchy throat yesterday but its gone today so I think I've escaped it! :winkwink:

Logan, can't believe how fast you're pregnancy is going! I hope you're starting to feel better. :hugs:

Vanessa, I hope you're OB appointments go well! :thumbup: Sorry you're feeling achy and tired already. Only 6 more weeks to go! :happydance: I've also noticed that I'm more sleepy than usual so I think it comes with the territory. :dohh:

Stacey, yay 3rd tri!!! :happydance: As for the FLMA/short term disability I think I have to fill it out to be able to get paid while on maternity leave...right? :shrug: All this stuff is so new to me and to be quite honestly, I'm seriously confused. I thought maybe ask my doctor what I do...:wacko: I know my boss won't hire someone to take my spot while I'm gone (she is by best friend :winkwink:) but I just thought that was how I went about getting paid while off work.

Nothing too exciting going on here...work is starting to pick up and I'm starting to get anxious to meet Ben and not be pregnant anymore! :haha: Only 9 weeks from yesterday till our c section!

heather: if i remember correcting i dont think that you get paid under the flma? I know that in order for me to get paid i have to use my paid time off (pto) I thought i remember reading when i had jonathan that flma doesnt pay you though. If you find out they do PLEASE let me know lol. I would love to keep some income while on maternity leave! Wow 9 weeks. Its just going to fly by!

heather: Here is a web link i googled it kinda explains it xx

https://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/

From what I understood is that you get paid obviously not 100% pay for maternity leave---usually between 2/3rds of your normal pay during maternity leave for California. I don't know if it varies from state to state though. :shrug:

I will definitely let you know though what I find out. I was gonna ask my doctor on the 24th. Are you a hired employee or independent contractor?

im guessing a hired employee lol. That would honestly be really cool if we got paid. ANything is better then nothing !!

Yes, you should be getting paid some sort of maternity leave. It is required by the state that they pay you disability because you cannot work for 6 or 8 weeks after the birth depending on the type of birth you had.

From what I am reading online it looks like once you are disabled, ie. had the baby, your doctor files something saying you are disabled and it gets submitted to you're employer and then you file something through the mail stating what type of birth you had and verifying pay and then you will start getting a check in the mail.

I'm gonna check with my doctor and I'll share everything with you. :thumbup:

you see and i was told that the short term disability is through another type of insurance or something that you paid for. I tooo will be going to my HR department lol and finding out more about this... I am soo curiouse! I was never paid anything during my leave with jonathan as everyone i talked to said that there was no avail pay during this.

Hmm...I dunno. I thought if you worked for a company and an actual employee and not an independent contractor you have taxes taken out of your checks every week that will go to help pay for disability. :shrug: Especially since you worked for a hospital I'm shocked that they told you that you couldn't get paid and you went 6 weeks without pay after the birth of Jonathan. :nope:

I couldn't afford to go without any bit of money while being off that long! I do know that you get paid...like I said, all states are bit different but I think that maternity leave/disability/FMLA are a federal thing, ya know!

I'm looking at this website right now...I'm sure you could find the same thing for your state though that will give you the same info.

https://www.edd.ca.gov/Disability/DI_How_to_File_a_Claim.htm

It does say that your doctor usually has the forms too and can help you submit them but sometimes they will charge so I would think you could do it yourself.

Stacey, for California but this states what makes you eligible/ineligible:

https://www.edd.ca.gov/Disability/DI_Eligibility.htm

heather: Where did you find this website i am looking for one for colorado but cant seem to find one....

https://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDLE-LaborLaws/CDLE/1251566764915

Try this one. I just searched "maternity leave California" or "maternity leave Colorado"

im going to just ask my doc and my hr department again. I found something last night that said that short term disability should automatically apply without any cost to us. So im going to find out.

Jonathan had the worst sleep last night ever. I think he is getting his canine teeth. his gums are really swollen. I heard those are the most painfull even more then the molars. I hope thats all it was. And not a turn back from no bottles. What books do you ladies read to your babys. Jonathan is gettin bored with the same books.

Stacey, sorry that Jonathan had a bad night! :nope: hopefully things get better and this teeth come in quickly! As far as books, we get a lot of basically new ones that the binding isn't even broken at the dollar book store in the mall. Nothing in paticular just anything that has fun bright colors and a good story is what I get!

My brother is very into reading so he will send a lot of little kid books to Sam too. Most are educational :haha: but I'll take them. Sam usually enjoys just about anything. I don't always read the words though either just make up my own story so it doesn't get boring but we are getting to the point where we need something new too.

As for me, the past few days I've been feeling super crappy! I get sick feeling anything I eat and basically only eat because DH makes me. I think it has to do with the heat here as well as running out of room in my stomach as Ben grows! And, I nearly peed my pant grocery shopping this morning as he keeps tapping on my bladder and I almost have to sit down to ensure I don't! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->