anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

https://www.kalahariresorts.com/wi/

This is where were staying.. if anyone is interested :)

Logan I have to admit to being quite jealous! I love waterparks, I can't wait until the boys (and any future siblings :flower:) are old enough to appreciate things like that. Our best friends are away on holiday from Thursday to Portugal and I'm sooooo envious! Last time we had a summer holiday was our honeymoon and that was over two years ago, and it was a disaster!

Heather that sounds manic having to do all of that on your own! I do think single parents are amazing, as much as I am a sahm on my own during the weekdays it's lovely to have that opportunity for a break at the weekend. Even if its just ten minutes to sit down. Sorry to hear Sam had a bad night. I find it really difficult in that kind of situation - Noah sleeps through 99% of the time but if he wakes up and does get upset for some reason we can't go and cuddle him :nope: It just winds him up further so we have to leave him but it is so upsetting to listen to.

Sorry to hear your back has been bothering you. Mine isn't great at the moment either, plus my skin is so so sore across the top of my bump. I feel like I've got internal bruising because Milo is quite frankly a little lunatic in there!

Jordyn that's so frustrating when they do that! And it makes it so much worse when you've had a stupidly early wake up call. Really hope Liam is a better sleeper for you :thumbup: It's funny because I have a very good sleeper in Noah, which of course makes me suspect that I'm in for a horror with Milo :dohh:

Logan, that resort looks amazing! I can't wait until DH and I can go on a trip when I can actually participate in the fun activities (since we recently went to a theme park where I couldn't ride the rides, and then went boating, where I couldn't do any water sports or even be on the boat!). I hope you and your family have a blast!

Vanessa, I hope you get lucky again and get another great sleeper. I wouldn't wish sleep like Alia's on anyone! :haha: Also, I have to ask out of sheer overwhelming curiosity: why was your honeymoon a disaster?

Oh did I never tell you ladies about our honeymoon?

We went to Antigua for two weeks, one week in both DH and I got food poisoning. DH collapsed in the middle of the night and hit his face on the tiled floor, he didn't lose consciousness but it was very scary and I couldn't get hold of anyone in the resort despite the fact that they were supposed to have 24/7 support and care.

They wouldn't admit that they had poisoned us and got nasty when we complained about the lack of medical care. Kind of bullied us so we left early.

And then we launched a legal battle and got £8000 in compensation. Took us two years to get it!

Vanessa, I second Jordyn...why such a bad honeymoon?

I can relate also on not being able to pick up Sam if he cries because it almost creates a bigger problem. It breaks my heart to hear him but I know deep down its for the best. I usually find myself just sitting on the floor outside his bedroom door waiting for him to calm down and telling myself it's better to not go in but last night he wouldn't stop so unfortunately I had to go in.

That sounds like an awful honeymoon. :nope: I can't believe you guys got food poisoning and had to leave early...how NOT romantic!!!

We didn't have a honeymoon...sadly DH couldn't find a job and we used our wedding money on bills and moving. And then seeing as how I got pregnant 2 weeks after we got married I was miserable for a while to do a thing.

I'm planning something for our anniversary next year though that DH doesn't know about since we always say we will do something and don't for one reason or another.

Wow! That's quite a honeymoon! :shock: But hey, at least you got a nice little compensation for your troubles! :winkwink:

Our honeymoon was a cruise down the coast of Mexico, and it was great. However, we did have a funny Wedding night. DH and I were both virgins, and I guess we were pretty oblivious, because half way through the night, we realized that the curtains to our hotel room were wide open. Now, this wouldn't have been a big deal, except our room faced in to a courtyard and all the other rooms across the way could see in. :dohh::blush: DH still likes to joke that we're probably on YouTube somewhere, with a video called, "Awkward wedding night sex". :rofl:

It was indeed quite a honeymoon! You couldn't make it up! Still, we had an amazing wedding so I don't look back feeling cheated or anything. It is what it is. Plus we only got the compensation a couple of months ago so it's going towards the move which is really helpful :flower:

Jordyn that story cracked me up :haha:

So much to catch up on and I've got to go eat lunch! Ack!

Logan, have fun on your vacation! I'm with Vanessa, I love waterparks! Enjoy!

Vanessa, that sounds like a terrible trip! Well, any trip where you get food poisoning must be terrible, but to happen on your honeymoon... oh my. Glad you got compensated for it!

Jordyn, that is hilarious about your wedding night! We were both virgins too, but DH is a bit of a prude, so our blinds were quite shut. ;)

Stacey, I want to see your little lady's coming home outfit! Did I ever show you guys the one I got for Jimmy? I posted it in my journal recently, so you can just follow the link in my signature if I didn't post it here. :)

As for the BFing, yes, I'm glad there will be lots of no-pressure support here! It's seriously one of the hardest things I've ever done in my entire life. I know what you all mean about the cracked, bleeding nipples. Eeek. I found straight lanolin cream to be such a relief. I use Lansinoh brand, but I know there are other 100% lanolin ones out there.

Rachel, that outfit is so cute that you're bringing Jimmy home in! :flower: It is gonna be super hot here so I have to be strategic about what I pick for Ben though I think I have an idea. I'll have to post soon!

PS. I don't know if any of you shop at gap but they have a TON of cute things right now for summer! I might have to buy a few things for Ben as it is so hard to find cute boy clothes and they have tons right now!

Jordyn, that story is hilarious!!! :rofl:

Vanessa, that is great that you got compensated for the food poisoning and what perfect timing to get the money! :thumbup:

So, after all the mean comments about how huge I look today I got a compliment that I look small and all baby for being so close to the end. That really was an ego booster! :thumbup:

Thanks, Heather! I loved it so much, I went back and got the matching blanket. I couldn't resist!

And so nice to get a compliment like that! Ego boost for sure! And you do look great. :)

I was going to say this earlier and forgot. Regarding second babies and when they drop; what little reading I've done has all said subsequent babies drop later than first babies. Maybe "engaging" and "dropping" are two different things? :shrug: I'm so confused! All I know is that Jimmy still feels higher than Ozzy was at this point.

Rachel, I agree, that's an adorable coming home outfit! I still have to pick one for Liam, although now I don't know what size to bring. With Alia, I brought newborn clothes, and they were so huge that my MIL had to go buy a few preemie outfits for her, and even those were big! But Liam should be a good size, so hopefully a newborn outfit will work this time. :flower:

Also, Rachel, I'd heard the same thing, that second or subsequent babies drop or engage closer to birth than first time babies. Of course since Alia didn't really drop/engage until labor, I guess it will be a shock if my OB tells me tomorrow that Liam is engaged.

Heather, I'm glad you had someone give you a compliment instead of all the rude remarks you've been getting. I agree with Rachel, you look great! :)

As for me, I have a prenatal massage tonight (the coupon DH got was for two 60 minute massages, so this is my second one). I'm pretty excited, especially since my back has been hurting by the end of the day lately. Hopefully DH will be home earlier than last time, though, so I don't have to stress about getting there on time. :dohh:

Hello ladies - I'm not sure when the last time I checked in was. I try to come in at least once a week and read but I haven't been much on posting. I went to my doc a couple weeks ago for my annual exam and it seems that my PCOS is causing us troubles again (which explains why we haven't just "caught" the eggy - hard to do when there IS NO EGGY!). I am starting back on metformin this month to battle my rising insulin levels and I am also going to try a new medical food AKA supplement that was made for PCOS by PCOS sufferers. I've read fantastic reviews and although its a little pricey ($68 a month) its well worth it if it really does all the things they say.

After a few months on the medications, we will probably start trying for real with Clomid. So....that's where I am on my TTC#2 journey.

It looks like you're all doing well and so many of you almost ready for baby! :)

Lalila, it's good to hear from you! I'm sorry that your PCOS is giving you problems again. I truly don't envy you women who have to suffer with that. It sounds awful. :( I hope that the Metformin and the new supplement you're trying do the trick before you even have to think about starting Clomid.

Aww thanks ladies I can't do too much either but the swimming will be nice :) on my iPad so will catch up better on the computer as I can type faster

Logan, I hope you have a great time. :thumbup: Swimming sounds pretty nice right about now. Its supposed to hit 100 degrees tomorrow. Yuck!

Well, ladies, I just got back from my 36 week appointment. I am 2 and 1/2 cm dilated, 75% effaced, and Liam is at a -2 station (-5 being "free floating" and 0 being engaged). So despite what we heard, Rachel, my second baby is engaging earlier than my first. I hope it means a quicker delivery, since I had to wait around at 10 cm dilated for Alia to finish engaging. :dohh: So with Alia, at my 36 week appointment, I was 2cm dilated and 60% effaced, so I'm pleased with today's results. :happydance:

That's awesome news, Jordyn! :thumbup: Hopefully Liam won't keep you waiting around too long. Only one week and a day till you're full term too!

Jordyn, that's great! You know, it just goes to show how we can read and read and read about all this baby and pregnancy stuff but that knowledge only goes so far; seems it can always end up being wrong! In this case, I'm happy to be wrong. I'm glad that Liam is getting ready to make his appearance!

Logan: I agree i am very jelouse of your vacation spot lol. Its looks like soo much fun. I hope you are having a GREAT time!!!

Rachel: AWWW that outfit is soo cute!! i absolutly love it. I love how you went to get the blanket too lol I also read that second babies. But im not sure exactly with my two they engaged so i know they were borth -2 station i think at 36 weeks so who knows lol:shrug:

vanessa: Wow im sorry your honey moon was kinda ruined by the food poisening. Like the others have said At least you finally got alittle compensation for it!!

Heather: Aww that is great someone acually made you feel good! If only there were more people like that! I agree with the others you look great!

Lalila: Great to hear from you! Im sorry about your pcos. Seems like they are on top of things so hopefully it wont be to much longer before seeing a bfp xx

Jordyn:That story of your honey moon was halarious omg :haha: I think that is very funny and cute at the same time!! I am soo happy to see that things are starting already for you!!! Maybe not to long before we will be seeing Liam!! Im like you i really hope this baby doesnt go longer than jonathan did. When did you start drinking the rlt?

Well ladies as for me im doing ok. I am finding myself getting really emotional latley. Crying for really no reason. But its ok i guess. I hope i get to feeling better.I talked to my doctor and we are keeping my due date the same. He said maybe the baby is just big. And maybe she is alittle farther then we thought but she will come when shes ready early or not. About the fluid he said also we will keep an eye on it. He said that he may do the evc thing to turn the baby if she is still breech at 36 weeks but i had to think about it because with my placenta being anterior then it could damage the placenta leading to a emergency csection So theres alot of time to thing abouti t and for her to turn so im not worried anymore. We still havnt thought of a name for her. Dh wont just say yes to Jaslynn Marie. So idk lol

Well i took a pic of a couple outfits and depending on the weather is the one i will bring her home in. Also a couple pics of my 30 week bumpxx

[URL=https://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Staceyyy2012/media/003_zps5cae66d6.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s567/Staceyyy2012/003_zps5cae66d6.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

[URL=https://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Staceyyy2012/media/001_zpsd6a015bc.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s567/Staceyyy2012/001_zpsd6a015bc.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

[URL=https://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Staceyyy2012/media/004_zps19f6a12e.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s567/Staceyyy2012/004_zps19f6a12e.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

[URL=https://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Staceyyy2012/media/005_zpsebe12453.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s567/Staceyyy2012/005_zpsebe12453.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Stacey, congrats on hitting the big 30 weeks! You look great! I love that shirt by the way. It's very flattering on you! Your coming home outfits are both cute. Hard to say which one I'd pick! I still need to figure out what outfit we'll be bring Liam home in.

I'm actually not drinking RLT (though if I end up pushing for a long time, I'll definitely be doing it next time!). I am taking EPO, though. I'm just doing 1000mg orally. Now that I'm 36 weeks, I could start inserting them vaginally, but I haven't decided whether I want to bother with that or not.

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so emotional. I understand that all too well. ;) As for me, I'm just getting more and more tired. :sleep:

Also, Logan, I just wanted to say that I met a lady today with a daughter named Logan, and it made me think of you. I had never heard of that name for a girl before, but now I know two! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->