anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Oh, and I decided to take my 36 week bump shot today. I was amazed at the difference between it and my 36 week shot with Alia. I remember thinking that I looked huge with her, but now I can see why people kept telling me how small I was. (The one with the long hair is with Alia, obviously, because I don't have awesome hair-growing super powers. :haha:). And I'm definitely carrying lower this time around!

Attachments

• (9) Thirty-Six Weekssmall.jpg
    (9) Thirty-Six Weekssmall.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 5
  • 36 weeks.jpg
    36 weeks.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 5
Definitely lower this time, Jordyn! :thumbup: and you can totally see the bump size difference. And 40lbs!? Where!? You look great. :flower:

I didn't take a lot of pictures with Sam or I'd post mine but Ben is much lower than Sam ever was. I think that is contributing to my back pain! :dohh:

Jordyn, you look great! Your bump is bigger, but it looks totally normal sized to me. And I LOVE your haircut!

Love the pool pics too, Heather! Nice to find a maternity swimsuit, even if it's just the top. I checked our (brand new!) local Target about a month ago, but they didn't have any maternity suits, just regular ones, and no way those are going to fit right now. I ended up wearing my normal bikini with a HUGE men's tanks top over top of it. Worked well enough; just needed it to cover my belly. :)

Stacey, we are nowhere near ready for Jimmy! If he came today, he wouldn't have a place to sleep. :( We're going to borrow a bassinette from some friends, but our room is too cluttered to fit it right now. We've got a lot of organizing and cleaning to do, have to pack the hospital bag, sort out all the clothes (and still wash some, too; I always wash new clothes before we wear them). Feels like a lot to do still, but I suppose if he did happen to come early, we'd make it work. We'd probably just set up the pack 'n' play in the living room and have him sleep there until we got it all sorted out.

Wow! It's July! Today's a holiday in Canada (Canada Day, to be specific... lol), and it's been nice to have the day off. It is SO HOT here too! Today and tonight the temperature might reach "record breaking" territory. I think I might have to ditch the sheet I've been sleeping under, aim the fan straight at me (rather than oscillating), and turn it UP to FULL SPEED. Ugh.

Thanks Heather and Rachel. :flower: It's nice to hear that I at least don't look like I've put on 40 lbs! :haha:

Rachel, I'm sorry you've been dealing with the awful heat up north, too. It's just so much worse when you're pregnant! :(

On the subject of preparedness, a lot has changed today! We finally packed our hospital bag and we pulled out Alia's infant car seat (which she's still been using, because she still fits in it :dohh:) and gave it a thorough cleaning so it's ready for Liam, and then even vacuumed and shampooed our whole car while we were at it! So once it's nice and dry, we'll install Alia's new convertible car seat, and Liam's car seat and be ready to go! We just have to set up the bassinet, and then I think we'll finally be totally ready for him to get here. Because all of Liam's clothes are from my aunt and Uncle, and they already washed them for us, we don't have to worry about that step. :flower:

Wow Jordyn you are much lower this time! And I second that, where exactly are these 40lb?? Sounds like you guys are definitely ready for Liam now :thumbup: So lovely that your aunt and uncle are helping you out with clothes.

Eurgh Rachel it sucks that the heat is bad where you are too. Our weather forecasts are saying that next week is going to be very hot in England, I kind of like the idea of hot weather and then when it comes I just complain :haha: I think it's the sweaty sleeping that gets on my nerves.

So. Last night and today I've been having contractions here and there. They're irregular and don't have any particular pattern. Last night I had a couple that made me think ooh but they tapered off and I was able to sleep. I have also been going to the toilet loads (sorry tmi), its like I'm having a major clear out :blush:

I suspect that things are starting to happen. But it's difficult to know how long this phase will last :shrug:

Ooooo, Vanessa! That sounds promising! I really hope things pick up for you and that those contractions become regular! :thumbup:

I also seem to be starting to "clear out" as well. :blush: And remember how I said that I was starting to see some mucous plug the other day? Well, I'm getting more of it, and this morning there were a few brown streaks in it (TMI, sorry!). It's not enough that I can confidently say it's my bloody show, but it may be the start of it!

Oh, my goodness, you guys! Who will arrive first, Milo or Liam!?! I'm so excited for you two!

And thanks for the sympathy about the weather. It feels super hot, but I checked and apparently it's only been in the high 70's. Ha! I'm not quite used to Celsius yet, so when they say it's 24 degree Celsius, I think, "Oh, that's hot" but I can't just convert it in my head. Yeah... apparently it's only the mid to high 70's Fahrenheit. So, I extra sympathize for you ladies who have weather in the 100's.

And you've reminded me I want to clean our infant car seat before Jimmy arrives. Ozzy didn't get it too dirty, but I did spill coffee on it once right before Ozzy switched to his other seat (he wasn't in it at the time, thankfully), so I'd really like to clean it for Jimmy!

I had an appointment this morning. Nothing too exciting to report; the doctor didn't do an internal, but she did feel from the outside to see if he's head down (he is, but I could have told you that). I did do my GBS swab today. I finished my oral antibiotics on Saturday, and she said that if I am GBS pos, it would have re-colonized by now (pretty gross little buggers). She also said that most of the time antibiotics will kill it, so I should be negative. So that's a plus, I guess. And if I am neg, it would take 6 weeks before it would show up again, so I don't have to worry about a neg result now and then getting it again before Jimmy comes. So crossing my fingers it does come out neg this time (I was pos with Ozzy.)

Rachel, sorry you're getting such high temps there too! :nope: I'm ready for fall! :haha: I read your post last night before bed but didn't respond and then had crazy dreams that Ben came early and we didn't have a spot for him and our house was a mess and I couldn't find him anywhere!!! :wacko: :haha: It was so weird because I wasn't totally freaking out but in my head I kept thinking "he'll cry so I'll find him" :dohh:

Jordyn, sounds like you're much more prepared for Liam now! :thumbup: And hopefully you're body is getting ready for him also! I can't wait to see all the babies this month!!! :happydance:

Vanessa, hopefully Milo doesn't keep you waiting too long and your contractions start coming more regularly! :thumbup: Was Noah early or late?

Ugh, as for me I've had quite the morning and its only 9:30! :wacko: I work Tuesday-Friday so the girl that works oppose of me SUCKS!!! She stays late and gets nothing done and then had the audacity to say to one of the guys (he is also my friend) that it doesn't seem like I do my job! Um, hello! I never work past my shift or if I do its only 15-20 minutes and never leave stuff for her to do and am SUPER pregnant and can get everything done! Just really makes me mad she would say that, so tempting to say something but I'm also not one to be confrontational so I kinda wanna just let it go. :shrug:

And then, my sitter called me worried that Sam might have rubella! He had spots on his neck and made me all stressed because I know its contageious to pregnant women, I called my doctor and they said I'm immune and Sam has been vaccinated and then called Sam's pedi and they think its heat rash since it isn't spreading! So got that under control! What a shitty morning. :cry:

Rachel, I hope your doctor's right and your antibiotics killed off and GBS that might have been present. Your post reminded me, so I just checked online to see what my results were and they were negative, thank goodness.

Heather, I'm sorry you're having such a crappy morning. :( Alia has been super fussy thanks to teeth and her shots from yesterday probably, but still, that's nothing compared to what you've been dealing with. As for the work situation, I'm very similar to you. I hate to cause contention, so I usually just try to brush it off and keep the peace. But it still sucks. :nope:

Oh yeah, I was going to tell you ladies that at Alia's appointment yesterday, she weighed 20lbs (15th percentile) and was 31 inches tall (50th percentile). Considering that she was in the 11th percentile for weight, and the 20th for height last time, it was definitely an improvement. Plus, the pediatrician said that she had never seen a 15 month old that could talk as well as Alia, so that was a great compliment. :flower:

Jordyn, that's great news about Alia! :thumbup: She sounds to be doing great and growing just as she should. Hopefully she starts feeling better from her shots. :flower:

Rachel, hopefully the GBS is negative! If not its just an antibiotic they put in the IV right? I had it with Sam also.

Hey all im back from vacation and trying to reorganize the house.. ugh we have ants in the living room from all the stupid rain.. driving me nuts so happily im headed to town and can hopefully stop this now..

hmm I posted my bump in my journal but will post it in here in a few..

Hope your all well..

Here was my 16 week bump pic :)

Attachments

• 16 weeks baby 3.jpg
    16 weeks baby 3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
Thanks ladies, well I am 70% sure that this is it... I think... I've had three contractions now at 7 minutes apart. Just sitting on the sofa waiting for DH to get home any minute, it's evening here which would make it soooo handy if Milo is on his way, then Noah can sleep through it all. Going to eat some pizza and see what happens.

Heather that's a crappy work situation :nope: I would be very mad if someone was making comments like that about me, but I too am terrible with confrontation so would probably let it lie and then seethe about it inwardly. Which to be honest isn't the healthiest way to handle it I guess. Sounds like heat rash to me but how scary to hear the word rubella right now! Hope the little man feels better soon.

Aw Jordyn how lovely to hear that about Alia's speech! Noah still says nothing :dohh: Well, we think he might be trying to say Daddy, cat and car at various points but its hard to tell. That sounds encouraging about your plug! Fingers crossed Liam doesn't keep you waiting too much longer :flower:

Fingers crossed you're GBS test is now negative Rachel!

Sorry to hear about the ants Logan! Hope you all had a good time :flower: Lovely little bump!

Oh, make that 4 contractions...

Eeek! Vanessa, that's so exciting!!! :happydance: Please, please, PLEASE keep us updated, since we're all going to be sitting here going mad waiting to hear!

Logan, I'm glad you had a fun trip! Although that sucks about the ants. I've heard that putting down cornmeal will kill them, since they eat it and take it back to their colony, but they can't digest it, so they die. Plus it's safe if you kids get a hold of it.

And your bump looks lovely! It's coming along very nicely. :thumbup:

Will do Jordyn, thank you!

5 minutes apart now. Midwives and my mum alerted. This all feels rather real now...

Squeeee!! So exciting, Vanessa! I hope this is the real thing! I agree, would be so lovely if Noah could sleep through it! Best of luck and I'll be praying for you guys today!

Heather, you're right; if I'm GBS pos it just means IV antibiotics before/during labour. I had it with Ozzy and it was kind annoying to have the IV in at first, but of course once things got going I couldn't care less about the stupid IV in my hand! So I'm okay either way, but it would be nice to have it be neg this time.

Jordyn, that's great that Alia is jumping up a bit in the percentiles. And super cool about her speech. :thumbup: Nice to hear you're neg for GBS too!

Welcome back, Logan! Super cute bump, as always. :)

will do a poper reply when i get a little more time. Was rushed from work today down to ob for blood pressure 180/90 and heart rate 125. protien was +1 in urin as well. Will keep yall updated

Vanessa i will be watching for updates i hope this is it for you!!

Yikes, Stacey! I hope everything is okay and they can bring your blood pressure back down. :(

Yikes, Stacey! I hope everything is okay :hugs:

Vanessa!!! How exciting! :happydance: I hope this is it for you. I'll be checking back often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->