anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

OMG I totally missed Jimmy being born.. So so sorry Harley... Congrats he is sooo cute.. Happy things are going well..

Party went good.. now just one more on her actual bday on Wednesday.. ready for it to come so we can enjoy her special day :)

I cant believe how fast time is going.. almost august... where did summer go.. I have Bryce's apt on the 16th, mine on the 22nd, and mckennas on the 26th.. I also start college back up on the 26th.. :) Should be an eventful fall

Heather: Reading your post i desided i had better get started on washing the babys clothes as well lol. so here i sit cutting tags off of clothes and putting them in the wash. It is completely understandable to be nervouse about your c section but ihave heard that with people who have a ecs and later have a planned csection those fears are there but the calmness this time around is much better.

Logan: Im glad the party went well!!! I hope the one on wednesday goes well too. lol that made me laugh about the apointments. That is how it is on a day to day basis here lol. Apointment after apointment. Then think once baby is born there is going to be more apointments haha

Speaking of appointments, I still need to set up Liam's 2 month appointment and Alia's 18 month appointment...Okay, just called and did that. Thanks for the reminder! :winkwink: The cool thing is, since they're 16 months apart, both appointments are on the same day.

Heather, I can't believe you only have 10 days left to go! I'm interested to find out whether Ben will wait that long, though. Good luck getting everything cleaned and ready. You're more on top of things than I was! :haha:

Rachel, I hope you're doing okay now that your mom is gone. And I can completely sympathize with you on the breastfeeding pain. I'm just hoping that I'm getting close to the point where it won't hurt at all anymore. The problem right now is that he's cluster feeding and likes to stay attached to my nipple long after he's done eating, so they're starting to get kind of raw again.

Stacey, I'm glad your appointment went well. I'm sorry that you have to deal with the side effects of pre-E for the next two and a half weeks, though. I suffer with chronic headaches and migraines, so I know how horrible you must be feeling. :(

Logan, that's great that McKenna's party went well! I can't even imagine what it will be like when Alia is 4 years old. I hope she's a bit more relaxed then than she is now.

Oh, cluster feeding! I do not envy you, Jordyn!

I'm glad the party went will, Logan. And I totally missed that you missed Jimmy's birth, so no worries! Ha! Have fun on Wednesday and will all the appointments. I can't imagine going to school in the fall with a newborn (or even just going back to school at all). I'm sure you've mentioned it before, but what are you studying?

Speaking of appointments, Jimmy had his one week check up today and he's doing great. He's back up to his birth weight, so breastfeeding is going well enough and he doesn't need another check up until he's 3 weeks.

Somebody please just shoot me. I am going out of my mind! I was feeding Liam, and Alia was screaming, and it was upsetting Liam so that he kept unlatching and crying, and then Alia starting biting me and pinching me. Finally I had to put Liam down and go put Alia downstairs in her crib because I couldn't take it anymore. Now she's down there screaming like someone's murdering her. But oh my goodness, I don't think I've ever been closer to hurting her than I was right then, so better to have her screaming down there than that.

I'm not sure how much more I can take. :cry: I sincerely pray that none of your kids adjust this poorly to your new baby.

aww jordyn you did the right thing. If ever you get frustrated and feel like that just put alia in a place she wont hurt herself such as the crib and walk away. That is the best thing to do just walk away. Once she stops crying just go to her and tell her why you put her there and such. I would try to explain as much as you can to her. Even if she doesnt understand. I really hope she starts to calm down some. Have you tried involving her in things with liam? Like the diaper changes and stuff? idk i know i have already mentioned all of this but just hang in there. Rmember alot of people say having children close in age is difficult at first but rewarding in the end:hugs:

Okay, I just got her up. I told her that I loved her, and I was upset because she was doing things that she shouldn't do. I don't know if she understood at all, but she and I are both a lot calmer now.

However, Liam chose that exact moment to projectile vomit all over himself and the pack n' play. Sometimes as a mom, you just can't catch a break. :nope:

just keep talking to alia. especially in a calm voice. It seems that if you yell they start acting out more. In that moment just tell alia ohh look what you brother did he spit up. Do you wanna help me change him? (if you have to change him) you can go take two shirts and ask her witch one? Jonathan is interested in snaps and buckles right now idk about alia but if liam has a onsie on or somethign similar just put her hand to undo it and help her. It takes more time to let them be hands on but she should love that helping you xxx

Awwww, Jordyn, I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. I agree, you did the right thing by putting her some place safe and walking away and taking a break until you calm down. Sometimes that really is the best thing you can do for yourself and your child.

And feel free to vent here all you want. I know that sometimes it helps to be able to express just how frustrated you're feeling without anyone judging you. :hugs:

Logan, I'm happy to hear Mckenna's party went well! Good luck with all the upcoming appointments. :flower:

Stacey, my doctor did tell me the same thing that because I had a semi bad experience with my EMC with Sam that is why I am worried this time but everything will go much smoother this time since I will know what will happen and there won't be any last minute unexpected things like last time. I'm just ready to do it and be done. I've been waking up at 3am every morning worrying :dohh:

Rachel, that's great that Jimmy is back up to his birth weight! :thumbup:

Jordyn, I'm sorry Alia is giving you a hard time today. I think Stacey's advice is great and you did the right thing with putting her I her crib and walking away. I've had to do that a few times with Sam. In fact today he was being extra bratty and whining about every little thing! :growlmad: I stuck him in his crib and he took a nap so thankfully I got a break. I know it's very different with a newborn but I promise you aren't alone. Things will get better. And feel free to vent to us anytime, we are always here to listen! :hugs:

Had an appointment with my GP today. Only gained 3 lbs over the last 6 weeks and still under my first weigh in from the start of my pregnancy. The GP is a bit concerned but I think I'm eating a normal amount so I don't know what they want me to do about it.

Also protein in my urine so probably have another UTI. Urgh.

The Baby's heartbeat was good... 152 bpm.

Rachel: That is great news that jimmmy is back up to his birth wieght!!!! THat is like my first milestone getting my little girl back up to her birthweight. I never could with my other two with out supplamenting formula. I wonder if i just have low supply or something but this little girl im going to really try harder. Plus i have just learned that my insurance company should be covering a hospital grade breast pump. So i get it for free. So if all else fails i will have a great pump this time to try to e express milk.

Jordyn: I hope you got a ok sleep last night. Like the others have said you can vent to us anytime!!!!

heather: I feel you about waking up every morning worried. I have been doing the same. Im soo scared about my induction and keep dreaming that something is going to go wrong and i am going to have to have a emergancy csection. Like we dont have a nicu here incase something was to go wrong. Ugg. Plus its everytime i sleep i have horrid dreams too ontop of waking up 5 times a night to pee haha

skadi: Dont worrie about the weight gain. That happend in this pregnancy and my last. I lost weight during the first tri although i wasnt sick. Doc said that he would put me on some type of vitamine or something if i didnt show any weight gain by 20 weeks. But i gained 2 lbs (still under starting weight) It will come really so dont worrie about your weight. I hope you dont have a uti. I hate those!

Hey all

Skadi I wouldn't worry about the weight either, I didn't gain anything for a long time too.. and now I just started to gain.. :)

Hope your all well and cant believe its almost august.. :) Tomorrow is mckennas bday.. cant believe it already... where has the last 4 years gone...

Skadi, don't worry too much about weight gain. I'm 38 weeks and only gained 18lbs so far. Doctor isn't worried, as long as you're uterus is growing there shouldn't be a problem.

Logan, that's crazy McKenna is 4! It's weird to think how quick time flies! :wacko:

I had my pre-op appointment this morning and Ben looks great! I asked the doctor how big they thought he would be and she's guessing 8-8.5lbs by the 8th! WHOA?! I was kinda surprised especially considering my weight gain! Guess we will find out in a week and a half!

Oh my uterus is definitely growing, I'm already measuring 23 cm! :/

Logan: Its so sad how fast they grow. i cant believe that natalia is 4 too. I remember like yesterday when i gave birth to her. lol I hope you all have a great party tomorrow!

Heather: Sounds like your apointment went very well! 8-81/2 lbs is great weight!!! Think if thats true you will have half of your weight gain off at least after deliver plus some lol. Wow just 9 days until ben is here. Crazy. On that thursday i also get my induction date and they will check if im dialated at all. So the 8th of aug is going to be a great day. Do you know what time is your section? That way i know when to check back for updates lol

Skadi: Thats great you are measuing bigger!!! I remember with this baby the doc measured me at 14 weeks just out of curiousity and i was meauring 21 weeks. I was always measuring around 5-7 weeks ahead until now im only about 3 weeks ahead. What was your baby meauring when you had your scan?

Afm well ladies im going to try to go for a walk today if my headach and stuff will let me. I stay in the house all day except when i go to my apointments so im feeling alittle depressed. The weather is nice soo far so a small walk with natalia and maybe jonathan will be nice. Im bouncing on my ball today too not to much but just alittle see if i can get little miss to go lower lol At 36 weeks with natalia and jonathan i was 1 cm dialated so im going to be soo mad if im not at leasst 1 cm next week im going to be soo upset lol.

Any of you that did TTC and were successful soon after the birth of a previous child, how did it work out? Did you have any problems? I had our son by C-section 5 weeks ago, and he was stillborn at 39 weeks. We are ready to start trying for another baby as we are ready to be parents.. No baby will ever replace our first, and we don't want to. My doctor said that she would like us to wait until September to start trying if we can, but she's okay if not, too. I'm just curious about your experiences.

Any of you that did TTC and were successful soon after the birth of a previous child, how did it work out? Did you have any problems? I had our son by C-section 5 weeks ago, and he was stillborn at 39 weeks. We are ready to start trying for another baby as we are ready to be parents.. No baby will ever replace our first, and we don't want to. My doctor said that she would like us to wait until September to start trying if we can, but she's okay if not, too. I'm just curious about your experiences.

Let me just say first that i am very sorry about your loss. As for ttc i would say go for it. I didnt get pregnant until 10 month after i had my son but i know many people who got pregnant when there los were 4 weeks. They never had any problems at all with there pregnancies. I think if you both are ready to try again then act on your feelings. I dont have any great words of wisdom but i hope this helped alittle:flower:

Thank you. I appreciate it. We are trying now. Hoping it works out quickly. I had irregular cycles before I got pregnant after stopping birth control pills in Jan. 2012. My regular doctor told me that he thought I had PCOS, so I lost 20 pounds and got pregnant in about a 6 week period. I have lost almost all of the weight I gained with my pregnancy, and I am within about 5 pounds of where I was when I got pregnant the first time. HOPEFULLY that works for me again this time. Fingers are crossed! :)

frsttimemama, I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs: As far as TTC to after a c section, my doctor had told me that I could start trying 8 weeks after if we wanted to but obviously the longer you wait the better. I think the part of waiting has to do with if you want to try for a VBAC or not because they don't want to let you try (for a VBAC) if you get pregnant before 12 months prior to your section. I hope this helps. :flower:

Stacey, I hope you're dilated at least 1cm at your appointment. My c section is scheduled for 11am but I have to be at the hospital at 9am. It would be cool if he is 8lbs for the pure fact that I will lose nearly 12lbs right away from having him between fluid and baby! :winkwink: I'll be sure to post pictures ASAP though once I'm out of recovery, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->