anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

jordyn- the kids don't know yet. we are doing a gender reveal party the end of the month and will surprise the kids and our family. should be fun to see their faces though. my girls have threatened to paint their brothers nails for years if they don't get another sister in the house so they will be very excited. my boys on the other hand wanted another brother so they will have to deal I guess :)

Vanessa- :hugs: hope the LO settles soon. I had one that was very sensitive, maybe it was colic I don't know. for the first few months it was rough and im thankful none of the rest went through that.

haking- looks like a fab day!! sam looks so excited :)

skadi- so wonderful she did so great on her test!!

ozzi- you are so close now!!!!

Great bump pics ladies! Looking good.

Ozzi, I hope you feel better before baby comes! I was feeling sick up until two days before Jimmy arrived and I was definitely not looking forward to labouring while sick. Hope you and Willow feel better soon. :)

Jordyn, that sucks that you've been feeling that way with no real explanation. Maybe it's just your body still working out all the pregnancy hormones? Whatever it is, I hope you feel better soon.

Heather, those pics are adorable. The train sounds like a lot of fun too! Wish we had a park like that around here.

Vanessa, glad to hear things are going fairly well. I hope Milo becomes easier to manage soon for you.

Melissa, so glad everything's well with baby so far. And a girl would be so lovely! Excited to hear for sure when you get the results of that test. How's the MS lately?

Skadi, glad to hear you're doing well (aside from the usual discomforts).

Well, we had a great weekend at the hockey tournament. Ozzy kept saying "Ha-ey! Ha-ey! Ha-ey!" all weekend. Actually, he hasn't really quit saying it. He loves hockey! Not sure what we'll do if he actually wants to play it someday since it's one of the more expensive sports you can play. But for now he just adores it. :) And here's a picture of Jimmy in his Canucks booties and hat. Too cute.

Tonight at soccer practice I managed to hurt my left quad somehow. It feels like a pull/strain, so it should get better with rest. I hope I can play in our game on Sunday.

Attachments

• Go Canucks Go.jpg
    Go Canucks Go.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 3
Melissa, so glad everything's well with baby so far. And a girl would be so lovely! Excited to hear for sure when you get the results of that test. How's the MS lately?

thanks hun! ms is getting much better. still have bad days of it but its nice to have moments of not continually being sick. and a couple days ago I had an entire day of feeling good, so hopefully its on its way out.

Ozzi, I hope you and Willow feel better soon. It sucks to be sick on top of being pregnant! :hugs:

Skadi, that's great that Keira passed her test! Are they basing her speech development on her actual age, or her adjusted age?

Melissa, I'm glad the MS is starting to back off. That will be so much fun to do a gender reveal party with your family! I loved doing that this time around. But next time I'm going to try reallllly hard to stay Team Yellow.

Rachel, I hope your quad gets better quickly! I think after almost 2 months, my tailbone is finally starting to heal from falling down the stairs, so I know how much it sucks to be injured and still have to run around after your kids. But that's so cute that Ozzy is so excited about hockey. :flower:

So DH told me to order an umbrella online, since we keep forgetting to get one until it's actually raining, so I decided to get this one https://www.amazon.com/Kikkerland-U...d=1379014949&sr=8-1&keywords=samurai+umbrella and it just came today. I can't wait to see what DH's reaction will be. :haha: :ninja:

Spiffy, they are basing it on her adjusted age. I still don't think she is behind although she is barely talking. I know plenty of babies her adjusted age that are at a similar development speech wise.

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling a bit better today and Willow was well enough to go back to day care, so putting me feet up this morning :)
Typically I'm having backache, period pains and generally feeling like we might have a Friday the 13th baby!! Might just be imagining it though.. will keep you all posted :D

spiffy- I have said a couple times I would stay team yellow. DH will have none of it lol. he says it helps him to bond with the baby, which I understand. once I was gonna not find out even though he was still gonna find out. I couldn't stand the thought of him knowing while I didn't so of course I found out too :blush: so from that experience im sure I will never make it to team yellow unless DH suddenly changes his stance, which I don't see happening

Skadi, I have a friend with a boy that's the same age as Keira's adjusted age, and he only says 10-15 words, so I think Keira's probably just fine. :thumbup:

Ozzi, that would be crazy if you had a Friday the 13th baby! Definitely keep us posted!

Melissa, we might not be able to hold out for team yellow, so just in case, we won't tell everyone that we're doing it until after we make it through the 20 week scan. :winkwink:

A friend of mine, who lives in Colorado, just posted on Facebook that its flooding in several cities, including Estes Park, and that's about where Stacey lives, so I hope her and her family are okay!

Skadi, Ozzy is one of those babies. When he was Keira's adjusted age I think he said maybe 5 words. So I think you're right to not be worried and skip the wait list for the speech therapy.

Jordyn, I was just wondering about your tailbone. :p Glad it's feeling better!

Yikes about the flooding! I hope Stacey and her family are okay too.

This morning Alia was picking up her food and throwing it on the floor and saying, "Don't! Don't! No-no! No more!" and then she just started saying, "What the? What the? What the?" :dohh: I just had to laugh. Do you ever catch your kids repeating things you say?

Jordyn, that's hilarious! I would laugh too if I heard Sam saying that. :haha: Sam will repeat stuff we ask him to say. He will try to say most anything. He's quite the little patriot!:dohh: Today at lunch he kept saying "no, no" and shaking his finger at the dogs. I taught him to tell them no because they beg from him for food but it was funny! And his new thing is when we ask his name, he has a hard time with the S he says "ham"! :rofl:

Stacey, thinking about you and your family! :hugs:

Skadi, I wouldn't worry much about her speech. I think they all develop at their own pace.

Melissa, glad the ms is starting to go away and you're feeling better! Have you guys thought about names yet since you're pretty sure it's a girl?

Rachel, sorry about your quad. That sounds painful, hope you're feeling better.

AFM, not much going on here. Looking forward to the weekend. DH and I are gonna go look at some new homes being build. About 15 minutes father from where we live but might be worth it for something new.

And here is Ben! This is the only way this child will sleep. Our baby burrito! :haha:
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zpsf880527e.jpg

Haha! Jordyn, that sounds really cute. Ozzy repeats stuff we say, but he really only does it right after we've said it. And unfortunately, he throws food on the floor ALL THE TIME, so I probably wouldn't laugh even if he said something cute while doing it.

Cute little burrito you've got there, Heather! And that is funny about Sam saying his name as "ham."

awww what an adorable lil burrito! a couple of mine loved being swaddled and a couple hated it and screamed and struggled to get out. its so funny how different they can be!

we are thinking of Sophia, Olivia, Veronica, Vanessa, and Isabella. we both have others, but that's the ones we agree on so far. will probably use the middle name Lynn since its my sisters and dads middle names. Renee and Ruth were thrown around for middle names too that are family names. so as you can tell, nothing is narrowed down yet lol.

Ooooh Ben is so cute! I love swaddled up babies so much!

Melissa, I love your name choices, good luck narrowing it down!

Heather, what a cute pic of your little burrito! Liam likes to sleep swaddled up, too. So did Alia. We had to actually wean her off of it at 6 months because she wouldn't sleep without it! :dohh: And that's funny that Sam calls himself "Ham." :haha: Alia calls herself "Aw-yah," and calls Liam, "Yum". :flower:

Melissa, I personally like Olivia, and then you could do Livy for short. And I think I know which name Vanessa will like! :rofl:

Stacey, I hope you and your family are okay. :hugs:

Okay, so I've been having trouble with breastfeeding Liam these last couple days. Sometimes he'll be hungry, but will not latch on. Instead he just screams and cries when I try. When he's like that, the only way I've been able to get him to start eating is to "trick" him by giving him his pacifier, and then pulling it out and quickly giving him my nipple while he's still sucking, but it takes like, two or three tries, and if very frustrating for both of us. Have any of you had this happen before?

Rachel and Jordyn, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a toddler that throws food on the floor! :dohh: it's almost a daily occurrence in our house.

Melissa, I also like Olivia. We would have named a girl that if we had my aunt has a daughter named Olivia so we decided against it.

Jordyn, I was also thinking we might have to wean Ben out of the swaddle eventually but right now it works and he sleeps so I figure maybe he'll grow out of it on his own. Time I'll tell.

As far as having Liam latch, I don't have any advice but wondering maybe have you been giving the bottle more that he has learned it's easier to get that than work for it on the boob? I have been spoiling Ben lately and will pump for a minute to get the milk flowing and then latch him because we went a little longer than I liked without breastfeeding and I'll slowly wean him from it.

Will Liam never try to latch if you don't do the pacifier trick?

Out to run so errands now. I am gonna try to find a new nursing bra. I hate the one I have. It shows too much with low cut shirts and since I plan to continue to bf when I go to work I figure it would be a good investment. Any suggestions on where to shop for one? :flower:

Thanks, Heather. Liam will latch okay if I feed him while he's sleepy, like right after he gets up, but if he's been awake for a while, then he has more trouble. We only give him one bottle a week, so that he won't refuse it when we need it, but I don't think he gets it enough to prefer it. I'm hoping that this is just a little phase.

As for weaning off the swaddle, we got one of these for Alia https://zipadeezip.com/ and it saved our bacon! We started putting her in it at 6 months, and the ended up getting her the next size up later because it was winter and we liked the fact that it doubled as a wearable blanket.

we really like Olivia too. my only small issue with it is Jason has a cousin who has a 3 yr old named Alivia (sounds the same, but spelled different) which I also think is very cute too. we try to stay away from names already used in our families, but it is spelled different and she lives states away from us so we rarely see them. I really like Isabella but we know a ton of them through friends kids.

we have certain rules when we name them. they all have to start with a different letter. we have already used a, f, p, j, n, m. so no names beginning with those letters. and if its a boy it has to end in 'on'. a girl has to end in 'a'. so it makes name picking even harder lol, but fun.

jordyn- I have never seen that zipadee thing, but looks amazing! I always use the sleep sacks when they are little to make diaper changes easier at night, but those would work really nice too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->