anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Jordyn, that's great to strike is over! :happydance: sorry nursing in the wrap didn't go so well. Maybe once Liam is a little bigger he will be better at it. That's my hope with Ben. This evening we were at Target and Ben had to eat so I snuck down an aisle after throwing on the nursing cover and hooked him on. I thought no one saw but a girl that works there did and after we walked out of the aisle she just said "you do what you gotta do" :haha: I just smiled and laughed. It is nice to be able to nurse anywhere and not have to warm a bottle.

Rachel, last night I woke up before Ben needed to eat and had to pump. I wasn't really getting engorged but now that I'm back to work and pump at random intervals I think I'll start leaking again. I hadn't been in weeks but it's started again. I guess it's unavoidable.

Well, no real news on my FIL. They did some tests today and stuck a scope down his throat to look at his colon (?) but the doctor hadn't given the results yet. Maybe we will know more tomorrow.

So, last night we went to see my BIL and SIL's new baby. He's so tiny, makes Ben look huge! My SIL is having a hard time nursing and I thought I would help her but it seems like she doesn't want the help so unless she asks I'll just wait. I hate to force myself on her especially about something so personal. My MIL told her to ask me so if she wants help I guess she will. :shrug:

shell: you sure do got some talent with those tutus and bows. I love you avitar pic xx

Jordyn: I am soo happy that Liam is feeding well again!!! That must be such a great relief!

Rachel: Thats great you have such a great sleeper x

Heather: I really hope you FIL is ok. That must be awful. Congrats on nefew! Aww i already miss eva being soo little lol. Thats great that your SIL has you for support if needed. She is very lucky. Like you said though if she doesnt want it there really isnt anything you can do.

Yes both of my other two also started sleeping like this early. I think Eva sleeps alittle better than both of them but i really honestly cant complain with either of my other two. THey slept great and still do.

Melissa: Wow not even one child gave you a fight to take away the binky. Lucky you lol.

The reason i ask about the pacifier is because Natalia or Jonathan never took one. I offered and they always spit it out. Eva however is a big sucker. Right now she loves it. So i was wondering about taking it away. She only likes the kind that you get in the hospital she wont take the other ones. I am hopeing that she drops it by herself before she gets too old because i too dont want a toddler with one. I think of it like its aready hard taking away the bottle then this. Scary lol. My niece just dropped her like amonth ago she was 3 in may. Thankfully she isnt taking evas haha Jordyn that made me laugh.

Rachel, one of my good friends had the same problem as you, last time around, with pumping and engorgement and over-supply. She's due with her second next week, and I told her to try what you're doing. Just expressing a little get comfortable but avoid pumping. So I'll have to let her now that it's been working for you. :flower:

Heather, sorry to hear that you still don't know how well your FIL is doing. I hope he's okay. But that's great that you were able to nurse while shopping! I've never done that before. :)

Stacey, that's awesome that all of your kids have been such great sleepers. I'm 0 for 2 right now, but maybe one day I'll get a good sleeper. *Sigh*

Well, ladies, we took the leap. We've been talking about it off and on, and finally decided to NTNP. We even sealed the commitment with some intimate time minus the condom, so I guess we'll just see what happens! I'm not expecting to get pregnant right away, though, because I'm still EBF and it's taken us 4 months of active trying to get pregnant with both of our kids. But if we get pregnant straight off, then I guess we'll just have to trust that God will help us provide! :flower:

Stacey, you're lucky to have such good sleepers. Both ours are pretty good. Ben still wakes up 1-2x to eat in the night. I really don't mind now though that I'm back to work because I get to cuddle him all to myself!

Jordyn, that's super exciting! :happydance: I'm kinda jealous, even though I haven't quite got baby fever yet! DH would like to try now but my doctor said to wait till at least 6 months to let me heal internally. I think I'll be ready by then. Plus I'm also EBF too so I doubt I could get pregnant now. How old was Alia when you started trying for Liam?

I do like the idea of NTNP though for #3. Seems less stressful.

Rachel and Melissa, how long did it take for your periods to return while bfing?

Oh, I forgot to update on mg FIL. It's his gallbladder that's been causing him problems so they are removing it tomorrow. Which means he's gonna need to make a drastic change to his unhealthy diet.

And Ben had a 2 month appointment today. My little turkey is 14lbs! He's the exact same weight Sam was at 2 months. Poor thing got 3 shots though. But doesn't seem to have any weird reactions and isn't fussy!

How exciting for you Spiffy! I LOVE this update!

Yes both of my other two also started sleeping like this early. I think Eva sleeps alittle better than both of them but i really honestly cant complain with either of my other two. THey slept great and still do.

Melissa: Wow not even one child gave you a fight to take away the binky. Lucky you lol.

yep, never an issue with binky's. I honestly think its cuz we don't make a big deal about it. everyone around us makes an issue of it and says we will have trouble with that later, but I don't get parenting skills from opinions lol. we are pretty go with the flow people so I think that plays a part. kids can def tell when you are stressed.

mine have all been very good sleepers too. only time when there are issues is with teething or sickness.

Well, ladies, we took the leap. We've been talking about it off and on, and finally decided to NTNP. We even sealed the commitment with some intimate time minus the condom, so I guess we'll just see what happens! I'm not expecting to get pregnant right away, though, because I'm still EBF and it's taken us 4 months of active trying to get pregnant with both of our kids. But if we get pregnant straight off, then I guess we'll just have to trust that God will help us provide! :flower:
im soooooo excited for you guys!!!! children are a blessing and when you rely on God He always provides. don't rely on your own understanding, enjoy His gifts <3

Rachel and Melissa, how long did it take for your periods to return while bfing?
it took 10 mos, but I was having severe estrogen dominance which can happen from bfing so I used soy to bring my cycle back. I needed to get back on my progesterone to balance the estrogen and you have to have a cycle for that. I honestly think it would have been over a year, but that's just a guess of course.

I hope your FIL surgery goes well!

Heather, that's great that they figured out what was wrong with your FIL. Sounds like he needed to make changes to his diet and lifestyle anyway, so I guess in a way this has been good for him. I hope his surgery and recovery goes well.

And way to go, Ben! He's growing really well. He's got at least a pound on Jimmy. :)

And my cycles came back when Ozzy was just over 7 months. It was about a month and a half after he'd started solid foods so I had started BFing fewer times during the day and hadn't been feeding during the night for at least 4 months.

Jordyn, that sounds like good advice you gave your friend. :) I hope it works for her! And how exciting that you are NTNP already! I guess technically we are too, but we have still only had sex once since Jimmy was born. :( We gotta get on that. And I'm sure you'll get a good sleeper one of these times.

Melissa, I love what you said - "I don't get parenting skills from opinions." LOL That's perfect! And I hope that it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be when we have to wean Ozzy off his binky.

Okay, so I'm a little confused today. I went to the bathroom, and when I wiped there was pink cm, only about a quarter size, and then nothing since. Seeing as this whole breastfeeding thing is still kind of new to me, I was wondering what you ladies make of it. My periods, before and after Alia always started full-force, like heavy bleeding right off the bat, so this tiny pink spotting is confusing me. :wacko:

jordyn- I read that even with spotting while bfing it can mean that it was your first period, and that you should consider yourself fertile. I also heard that it could mean nothing though, so really its up in the air lol. everyone is different so no one can in all honesty say exactly what your body is doing.

Hmmm... Sorry, I'm stumped too. My first guess would be that it is AF, but like Melissa said, who can really say exactly what someone else's body is doing. I'll be curious to see if she comes full force or not. Do you have any AF symptoms?

I had some mild cramping after the spotting, and a little bit today, but not that bad, and I haven't had any bleeding or any more spotting since that little bit yesterday. I actually took a hpt today just in case it was implantation bleeding, and maybe I'm squinting too hard, because I almost feel like I see something on it. (It's crazy how quickly line-eye comes back... :haha:) I'll probably end up taking another one tomorrow, because I'm a POAS addict, and that's just what I do. :winkwink:

Attachments

• 2013-10-17 12.49.46.jpg
    2013-10-17 12.49.46.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 7
Eeee! So excited to have some pee sticks to look at! Hee hee.

And just because I think I saw a line too, I decided to tweak it! It's either a really clear evap or the beginning of a BFP because I definitely see something!

I've created a folder on our computer just for HPTs and OPKs. LOL.

Attachments

• spiffy hpt 10.17.13 TWEAK.jpg
    spiffy hpt 10.17.13 TWEAK.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for tweaking it for me, Rachel! (I have a folder like that, too :blush:). The crazy thing is, if I AM actually pregnant again, it happened before we stopped preventing! :dohh: But I'll test again tomorrow, which should be more conclusive.

Oh, and I was going to say... I was re-reading this thread because I'm writing a blog post about my MC and I just wanted to say a two things.

1. You ladies are amazing, and I'm so thankful for your support through all the TTC, pregnancy and just motherhood in general. :hugs:

2. Happy birthday, Heather! I was reading posts from a year ago and realized your birthday is soon (today, I think)! :cake:

Happy Birthday, Heather! :flower:

I, also, want to thank you ladies! Your support and advice over the past year and a half have been invaluable. :)

AHHHHH!!! Jordyn, I swear I see something too. I sure wasn't expecting to come online and see any pregnancy tests for a while. So exciting! And even if it isn't anything it is always fun to look at them and look for a possible hint of something!

And yes, it is indeed my birthday today; last of my 20s! I have mixed feelings about it, a lot of it is just a number to me but I had a lot of fun in my 20s so hopefully this last year will be great! In fact my brother text me happy birthday today and asked what exciting thing we would have happen my last year and he suggested another baby would be perfect! :haha: :winkwink:

I also am so grateful to have you girls to talk to and have all the support and advice that I've received! :hugs: I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Heather, I hope your last year in the 20's is everything you hope it will be. :flower:

Here's a couple of tweaks...

Attachments

• 2013-10-17 12.49.46edit.jpg
    2013-10-17 12.49.46edit.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 8
I can't wait to see some tests tomorrow to see if a line gets darker, Jordyn!

I'm still working on convincing DH to try for #3 next year and you might be pregnant again! :haha: In fact, I think we've only had sex 4x since Ben was born. I'm always too tired...:sleep:

Our house has been pretty hectic lately. DH might be transferring jobs soon if the pay is right which means we will need a new daycare. I've been looking into a nanny a little bit though as that may be an option. I've been starting to plan Sam's second birthday already since with the holidays and work I need to take advantage of every free minute I have to plan it.

My FIL probably will come home tonight or tomorrow. I guess his gallbladder had "died" while inside him and had gangrene on it! YUCK. I don't know what causes that :shrug:

heather- happy bday!!! yikes about your FIL

jordyn- i def see a line!! :) :) :) hope its darker tomorrow!

awww i love you guys too! this was my fave thread and i used to get on bnb just to check it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->