anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

jordyn- well, mine turned into estrogen dominance so yes it got worse and worse, since without cycles there is no progesterone to oppose it. it feels like severe pms to me. I have had it in the past, so I knew what was going on. then I looked it up to see if it can be related to bfing and sure enough. what happens is your estrogen keeps rising while bfing. it starts shortly after giving birth. and when it reaches a certain amount you either ovulate or start your period. after you ovulate you can then make the progesterone that evens out the levels of estrogen in your body. I had estrogen dominance in the past after I had a LEEP surgery on my cervix. it messed my hormones all up and I had normal estrogen but not enough progesterone to keep things even. so I had to supplement with progesterone after ovulation. after figuring things out and realizing it would keep getting worse for me til my cycles started back up I decided to find a way to start them up. thats when I took soy to start my cycles. later I found out I could have used progesterone and honestly that's probably what I will use if I need to do this again. since I was still nursing mason my cycles were still messed up when they started. I would ovulate late like anywhere from cd18-21 and then had a short lp. it started at only 5 days, then 6, 7 etc. I was still making prolactin which fights for the same receptors that progesterone uses so every time I nursed him, my prolactin would shoot up and lower progesterone. I finally started supplementing with progesterone after ovulation and within a couple months my cycles were normal again and we were pregnant.

for some info... I had a check up in October last year and my prolactin levels were 79. very high and common while bfing with no cycles. I took the soy in December and ovulated and started af in January. I started supplementing progesterone in april. when I went back in for my next check up May of this year my prolactin levels were 7, which is normal range for someone who is not bfing. even though prolactin was low, I was in fact still bfing him 2x a day and several times a night. the next month, in june, he dropped a feed so was nursing 1x a day and still a couple times a night. we got pregnant that month

oh, and at first I did feel like I was going between feeling pregnant to feeling like I was having af for a few months. it got worse after that, when I actually started having the estrogen dominance symptoms

Thanks so much for all that info, Melissa. It helps to know that someone else knows how I feel because I feel like such an idiot when I interpret what my body is doing as pregnancy symptoms, only to find out that it's not. Again. You'd think I would learn, but I do this so many times, it's embarrassing. :blush:

don't be embarrassed hun! I cant count how many times I told DH I thought I was gonna start af any minute and 2 weeks later was hpt testing cuz I thought I was pregnant. it was a cycle that kept going round and round. and of course neither was happening. I am glad he is supportive! I must have looked crazy. I am usually in tune with my body, but nope, not while bfing!

Melissa, that is very interesting about your periods and the whole estrogen dominance. I keep feeling like my period will start any minute. I get all the normal symptoms but nothing...:shrug: I noticed you said that you took soy to start up your periods. I'm considering doing that but will it mess up things with bfing? I don't plan to stop anytime soon but some relief would be nice as far as annoying symptoms go! Any advice/suggestions?

Stacey, that's awesome you got a check for $3k! :thumbup: I'm sure that will come in handy and hopefully you'll be back in your home in no time!

Jordyn, how are you feeling?

So, the last week has been a bit crazy around here...DH applied for a new job a few weeks ago and they offered it to him so he took it and gave notice at his current job. I was really hesitant about him taking it at first since that meant switching daycare but after talking to my boss she switched me to get off earlier since I'm going to be taking over her job now I'll be off at 4:30 instead of 6:30 which means we get to keep our daycare and I get more time with the boys every day!!! :happydance: I couldn't be happier to have more time with them...that was the thing I hated most about my job!

However, our renters are moving out of our house in mid-November so that sucks having to find a new tenant, especially around the holidays! I'm hoping we find someone soon even if it means we have to lower the rent. :wacko:

Heather, I totally understand the stress that comes with finding renters. Luckily, we have only had to fill two units in our fourplex since we bought it, and one was rented by a family friend, and the other unit was rented by her sons! I considered it a huge answer to our prayers!

Melissa, I'm interested as well in whether taking soy messed with breastfeeding or not, because if it didn't I might be interested in doing that. The PMS symptoms are annoying, but I could live with that. It's constantly feeling like I'm pregnant that really messes with my head. :wacko:

ladies- it didn't mess with bfing at all for me. of course, I cant say what it would do to anyone else. some women get a temporary dip in supply when they have their periods while bfing, but I never did. I think you can take calcium (or maybe it was something else) to counteract it if you do. I took the soy for 5 days and ovulated about 2 weeks after the first dose, which im told is pretty common. I do think by forcing my cycles to come back when my body wasn't doing it itself made it where I o'ed really late in my cycles for a while and then had a lpd. but maybe it wasn't the soy. it could have been that way naturally since that is common too when cycles return while bfing. there is no way to know. if I wouldn't have been charting I wouldnt have known. my cycles were my usual 26-28 days long. with charting I knew I was o'ing late and af was starting about a week later. every cycle I would o a little earlier and my lp would extend by a day or two. when I o'ed at my usual cd14 and my lp had extended to 11-12 days we got pregnant that month. I was surprised I got pregnant that month since I had pretty much given up, but when I look back at my charts it was actually my first really normal cycle. so it was probably the first time I should have expected it lol.

im happy to help as much as I can with it. everyone is different though so you may not get the same results. i will try to post my old charts so you can take a peek if you like

I've been following along in here without actually responding, so sorry if I've missed some things.

Stacey, that $3,000 is awesome. What a great thing for your coworkers to do for you and your family!

Heather, I'm glad you'll get more time at home with your boys! That's wonderful.

Jordyn, even though we've only DTD twice in the last three months, I am totally psyching myself out with pregnancy symptoms. It's ridiculous. I almost can't wait for my cycles to come back so I can track my ovulation and have a better idea of what's going on inside my own darn body!

Well, I went to the first of those workshops I told you about (at least I think I did) for women who've had GD. Turns out it's an existing workshop for people with chronic conditions, to learn how to manage it better emotionally and physically. So it's not specifically directed at my situation, but so far it seems useful. :)

Rachel, I'm glad to hear that the workshop sounds helpful so far. As for the pregnancy symptoms, I had to pee every hour or two all day yesterday and over the last couple of days, I've been feeling off and on nauseous (and I don't get nauseous very easily, so that's really weirding me out). But I've taken more hpts than I care to say, and they're all bfn, so now I just feel like I'm going crazy. Like you, I just wish my cycles would come back, so that at least I'd only go symptom-spotting-crazy for half the month. :dohh:

It sounds as it could be your Thyroid Spiffy... My SIL had the same problem with wonky periods and always feeling sick and dizzy it turned out to be her Thyroid was over active.

AF is on her way my CM turned back to EWCM so it is just a few days away. This cycle has been different than the last 6 since I have had Emme...Usually I am very hormonal and irritable in the TWW but this time I have been very happy and calm. Maybe my hormones are finally sorting out since her birth.

I too have been reading and not responding as Emme has cut down to 2 naps a day. Whew she is keeping me on my feet.

Shell, it's funny that you should mention my thyroid, because I was just telling DH yesterday that I think I might have a thyroid problem. My body temp runs pretty low, and I've been feeling tired and lethargic a lot lately. After just doing some quick research, it looks like maybe it could be Postpartum Hypothyroidism. Who knows. :wacko:

Sorry I haven't said much lately. Holiday season is a little nuts with the blog, especially being pregnant and chasing after a toddler all day. I have been coming in and checking daily for updates. :)

Not much going on here... Ankle swelling is gone?! Weird right?

skadi- that is weird, but im glad its gone anyways :hugs:

Rachel- im glad your class is helping :)

jordyn- I hope you don't have thyroid probs :( my sis battled it for a long time. the meds weren't working and finally they found out she was allergic to gluten. since coming off that her thyroid is working itself out. funny how allergies can effect your body. my mil also has thyroid probs and is on meds for it. she has it pretty bad and when she talks about her symptoms I feel so awful for her.

Well, I'm going to keep the thyroid thing in the back of my mind right now, in case these problems persist, but I *think* I may be ovulating (or at least trying to ovulate) right now, so that could explain some of my weird symptoms. I checked my cervix last night and it was SHOW, and then I had some cramping, like O cramping, which would mean I was Oing on cd 13 if you count that spotting I had as a "period".

I guess I'll know in about two weeks. :shrug:

Skadi, I'm glad your ankle swelling is gone! :thumbup: Maybe your body was just retaining too much water for a little while but has sorted itself out.

Jordyn, it would be great if your cycles started back up. As much as I don't want my period and I don't want to stop nursing quite yet I sure wish my period would start up so I know when I want to get pregnant I can! :winkwink: I just worry that my cycles will be all messed up and hard to track but I've been just telling myself that I'm gonna focus on the NOW and not worry about something that may not even be a problem.

Melissa, thank you for the advice and your experience. I may be asking more questions in the future about the soy and starting up my cycles. :flower:

Rachel, I'm glad your class is going well! :thumbup:

Skadi, that's good your swelling went down!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. DH and I are going to Vegas for the weekend before he has to be up there all week for work. He has been working on his car all weekend to get it ready so naturally Sam spent all weekend outside. He was in heaven!

Girls, are any of your babies rolling over yet or close? I swear Ben is so close. We have been doing lots of tummy time to help his head since he has a really flat spot on the back left since he favors looking that direction. We have to daily exercises with him. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but the Ped saw it at his 2 month visit. She said that if it doesn't correct itself by 6 months he may need a helmet! :cry:

A few new pictures...

My dirty little boy!
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zps4ddfe6f5.jpg

Precious sleeping boy :cloud9:
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zps49e64803.jpg

They so love each other
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zps2e8f6094.jpg

Heather, it's funny that you should mention rolling, because Liam just rolled over today for the first time! I knew he was close, so I pulled out my camera and got it on video. I put it up on my facebook, but I don't think there's a way to show you without you being my facebook friend. That's great that Ben is getting close, though, especially since he's a little younger than Liam.

The pictures are adorable! I still can't get over how totally different your boys look!

Speaking of pictures, we had a playdate today with a friend of mine who is a photographer, and she took pictures of all the kids in their Halloween costumes. As soon as I get the pictures back, I'll have to show you. Too bad both of my kids were being stinkers and refused to smile! :growlmad: :dohh:

Skadi you mentioned a blog? Do you write?

Heather, your boys are super cute! Love the dirty knees. :)

Jordyn, that video is adorable! Looking forward to seeing the pictures, although it looks like Liam I already saw Liam's since he's dressed as Michael Jordan in the video. Too cute!

Here are some of the better photos I got of Jimmy and Ozzy dressed up as Jimmy Olsen and Clark Kent. I'm hoping to get some better ones either tomorrow or Thursday. :)

Attachments

• Jimmy and Clark 1.jpg
    Jimmy and Clark 1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Jimmy and Clark 2.jpg
    Jimmy and Clark 2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Jimmy Olsen 4.jpg
    Jimmy Olsen 4.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 3
Super cute video, Jordyn! I can't wait to see your babies all dressed up.

It is super crazy how different the boys look. Sam is a mini Tim (DH) and Ben is a mini me! :cloud9:

Rachel, I love the pictures! I was going to dress Sam up as the old man from the movie "Up" but couldn't find all the pieces so I decided hes going as Clark Kent also! :haha: We have the same Superman shirt Ozzy has on :flower:

Not the best pictures in the world but here's a comparison for Tim and Sam (Tim is the older one in the photo with the two boys) and then me and Ben:

https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zps4eaea4a9.jpg

https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zpse1ac5f1e.jpg

Harley, Yes, I'm a professional blogger. I'm making enough $$ now that I don't need to go back to work after baby comes which is good since I hated working in an office. -> https://www.frugalmomeh.com & I started a new blog too because I'm insane (and want to double my income) :) https://www.lifeloveliz.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->