anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Heather, I'm glad your DH is back today. I have a hard time when DH works so late that the kids are both in bed by the time he gets back, so I'm not sure I would cope with being on my own for a week! :wacko:

Stacey, I'm so glad to hear that you're back in your house!!! And that's amazing that Eva is sleeping so well for you. I hope I get a good sleeper like that someday. :flower:

Rachel, that's great that Jimmy is taking a bottle for you! I made sure DH gave Liam a bottle every week so that he would be used to them, because I'd heard too many horror stories about breastfeed babies resisting bottles. Glad you don't have to worry about that this time around!

Elizabeth, I'm glad everything is going well this time around! :flower: Having never really experienced third tri before, how is it going for you?

Logan, I'm sorry your LO gave you a scare like that, but I'm glad it turned out to be okay!

Thanks, but it looks like my excitement was a bit premature. We went to the movies last night and left the boys with Daniel's parents. I left a 5 oz. bottle for Jimmy, but MIL said he refused to eat it. :( I just tried giving it to him today and it was a no go. I guess we'll have to keep trying. *sigh* Anyone have tips on how to get him to take a bottle other than just trying over and over?

On a brighter note, we saw Thor 2 and it was awesome. We went to a new cinema that has a VIP theatre. It's 19+ (that's the drinking age here), so you can order alcohol and food and they will bring it right to your seat. The seats are big and spacious and have little tables on the arms that swing out. I ordered a burger and OMG it was delicious. I made Daniel take a bite it was that good.

Hmmm Third Tri... not very comfortable but immensely more comfortable than I had imagined. I feel more comfortable now than I did in the week or two before my water broke with Keira. Sleeping is not really happening.. its more like brief periods of dreams and a whole lot of tossing and turning.

Harley, have you tried a different nipple? Keira was always good at taking bottles but some she would refuse because she didn't like the nipple.

Rachel, I'm sorry you're having trouble with Jimmy taking the bottle again. :( We used Avent bottles with Alia and Liam and never had any problems, but it could also be because we started giving them bottles a lot earlier.

And we saw Thor 2 also, and I agree, it was great! We got to go see a advanced screening for free because it was a perk of an IT seminar/workshop that DH went to that day. So that was cool. Our theater here had a VIP theatre like the one you described, but we've never been because it's too expensive. But just hearing about your delicious burger is making me salivate. :haha:

Elizabeth, I think sleep is the worst part of third tri. Everything else I could handle, but turning over in the middle of the night was excruciating because my hips and pelvis hurt so bad.

heather- I don't know how I would deal with it if DH left that long. he works for a company that has offices all over the world, so there is always a chance he will have to go there or many other places in the US. his buddy had to go to Germany for a month and just got back. I would not be happy about it, that's for sure.

Stacey- yay for getting back home!!! bet there is nothing like it.

Rachel- wish I could help. mason was a refuser. I maybe gave him a bottle 2 times around a month old. he took it somewhat then. I waited til he was about 2 months old the next time and he refused til recently when I weaned him. the only ones he takes good now are tommee tippee, which are expensive but worth it to have him weaned. maybe you could try a different bottle?? that would be my guess, but I have almost every kind and nothing worked with him. maybe try breastflow or mOmma bottles?? im gonna try to give this baby bottles more often starting earlier and see how it goes.

Elizabeth- fab you have made it this far!!!!

Logan- I hope baby doesn't give you anymore scares. not long now!!

Hmm, yeah maybe I'll try a different bottle or even just a faster or slower flow nipple for the bottles I have. Thanks, ladies!

Thanks ladies

Not much longer 2-4 weeks :) can't wait

lol I can wait... I'm not looking forward to being more tired than I already am.... but I can't wait for newborn baby snuggles! :D

Lol I'm tired already.... 2 kids are exhausting

Logan, I hear you! Liam has been waking up between 4-5am every morning, in addition to waking up 3-4 times to eat throughout the night. I am a zombie. :sleep:

Jordyn, I'm sorry that Liam is still waking up so much for you throughout the night! That can get exhausting very quickly.

Not much longer Skadi and Logan! :happydance: I'm so anxious to see what you're having Logan!!!

Rachel, I wish I had some advice about getting Jimmy to take a bottle but thankfully both my boys never had any issues with the bottle. I think just keep trying and hopefully he will take it. I actually have been worried about the opposite with Ben that he will prefer the bottle over me now that I'm back to work! :wacko:

I know you mentioned playing soccer, do you have any advice on a good sports bra while nursing? The ones I used to wear are just not supportive enough to go running!

Stacey, that's great you're back in your home!!! :happydance: I'm sure that is such a relief. And that's so great that Eva is such a great sleeper for you. You're very lucky.

Well, its nice having DH back home even though this morning he made me super mad! :growlmad: Ben woke up at 5:45 like usual and I warmed a bottle for him to give to him and put him in our bed so that he wouldn't have to get up and on my way to work DH text me saying that Ben woke up Sam and he was all mad and told me no more babies!!! :cry: The thought of it just makes me cry. I know he is mad that Sam woke up and tired but I just hate to even think about not getting one more.

Part of me wants to talk to him about it but I know it will just be an argument! He hasn't yet been 100% sold on a third but I just thought time would convince him :shrug:

On a more happy note, we took Sam to ride the train on Sunday and then went to Venice Beach. It was a really fun day!

Also, I don't want to jinx it but Ben has been sleeping 7:45-4ish the last week and then wakes to eat and sleeps again for a few hours!!! I think he is finally starting to get it. :happydance:

https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zps2176058f.jpg

And our little milk drunk baby! :haha: :cloud9:
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zpsfe172e9a.jpg

I too cant wait to know what im having.. lol.. time is doing fast but dragging at the same time lol..

Though I have so much to do yet.. need to pack for myself and the kids.. get the carseat in.. get the last things up from the basement.. like the bassinet bouncy chair swing etc..

Great pictures, Heather! I've got two sports bras that are tight enough and one that's just too old and worn out and therefore too stretchy. The ones that fit are both from Old Navy so they're nothing fancy.

Oh, and I wanted to add, Heather, that maybe your DH just needs more time to think about a third. It sounds like he was making a statement out of frustration more than anything, given the timing of when he said it. Maybe you can at least get him to agree that it's a possibility without saying that you will for sure have more kids. If one of you wants another but the other doesn't then maybe it's best to remain "undecided" for now and discuss it later and maybe one of you will have changed your minds by then.

Heather, those pictures are adorable! And how great that Ben has been giving you so much sleep lately!

As for what your DH said, I agree with Rachel, it sounds like it was a statement made in frustration and probably didn't have much thought behind it. I would wait until he's in a really good mood (or even better, when he's saying something about how great the boys are or how much he loves them) and then just casually say something about how nice a third would be, and see what his feelings are then.

Liam slept in until 5:45am this morning, which doesn't sound great, but since he's been waking up between 4-5am lately, it's a good thing! I put him to bed at 5pm last night (as opposed to 6pm), and it looks like it made a difference. I know the whole rule about putting them to bed earlier to get them to sleep in, but I didn't really want his bedtime to be that early, because it means we can't really go anywhere in the evening without messing up his bedtime. :dohh:

Logan I know you've mentioned it a long time ago, but when did your first two kids come? And when do you think this one will come?

jordyn- I hope he starts sleeping better! that can be so rough. for some reason mine start a routine of 7pm-7am early on. I don't think I do anything special though. somehow they just get into that routine between 2-3 months. I have heard the early to bed rule though.

logan and Elizabeth- so close now :happydance:

heather- I agree it was a feeling in a moment. im sure guilty of saying things out of frustration that I wouldn't say later, even though I try hard not to let my feelings persuade my thoughts and words. I would give it some time. and if it were me I have prayed in the past to have God change DH's mind. he was done after our 3rd, and we are on our 7th, and he wants more. that speaks volumes lol.

thanks! Jason is very sure of it. I love it, but im always concerned what if I see her and think she looks like something else? we do this every time. he loves a name the moment we find out the gender and im all iffy. I asked him how can he always be so sure and his response was "its what I do... I make babies and then I name them." why do I even give him a reason to give me silly answers?? but it is the prettiest one to me so far. he agreed if she doesn't look like a Sophia we will change it, so we aren't telling family til she is born.

heather- I forgot to mention, I loooove your pics! you are such a precious family <3

Thanks for the advice, girls! Its still a touchy subject for me and when I think about it I get upset so I'm just trying to ignore it for the time being before bringing it up again.

Melissa, I love the name you've picked! I know what you mean about second guessing it though. I did it a lot with Sam before he was born and even when I was in labor with him I still considered a different name but DH didn't like it and when I saw Sam I knew that had to be his name. I remember being rushed back to the OR to have csection with Sam telling DH and nurses that I still wasn't sure! :haha:

Rachel, I might try just getting a super tight sports bra and see if it works...I like them tight but I don't want to feel like its harming anything. I heard that tight bras while nursing can harm breast tissue or something like that...:shrug: But boobs bouncing all over isn't exactly a picnic either! :rofl:

Full term tomorrow, Logan!!! :happydance:

Stacey, how are you? :hugs:

Jordyn, 5 does seem early to go down for the night but I too believe/heard of the whole early to bed thing too! I start feeding Ben around 7:30-7:40 and he is in his crib by 8pm and then we put Sam to bed. When does Liam first wake up after laying him down for the night?

Does he seem like he nurses less during the day and more at night? I've heard of some babies being so busy during the day and fascinated by all kinds of things that they kinda "forget" to eat and then make up for it during the night? Maybe he is doing that? :shrug:

Today I'm starting to get into full Birthday planning mode for Sam. His party is only 3 weeks from Sunday and I know its gonna sneak up pretty quick with Thanksgiving being thrown in the middle.

Well, I put Liam to bed at 5pm again last night, and this morning he wanted to start the day at 4am. :dohh: So back to the drawing board. He always wakes up one hour after I put him to bed, eats a little more, and then goes back to sleep, and from there, he goes 2-3 hour stretches. As for eating during the day, he eats every 2 hours, so it's not exactly like he's not eating often enough in the daytime. I've decided to try giving him a little rice cereal (if he'll eat it, Alia wasn't a fan) and see if I can fill him up a little more, since I've wondered if maybe my supply is a little on the low side, and that's why he has to eat all the time.

I think it's a good idea to just sit on the topic of a third child until you're both more calm about it. :hugs: And good luck with the party planning! Are you doing a theme or anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->