anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

yea woodland park is high elevation. 1000 ft higher then where i am. I almost never loose my breath but that is because im use to this altitude. I remember though when i lived in texas for 4 years then came back here it was very difficult to breath.

we came from Kansas at sea level lol. the cabin on the mountain we stayed at was 9,000 ft above sea level. we thought we were going to be staying at 6,000 ft. but we were looking at Colorado springs instead of the mountain :dohh: funny my dr said not to go any higher than 6,000 but we didn't know til we got there. it really was beautiful though! I imagine if I would have lived there I would have been used to it like you. it also might have been a little worse since we went in December and with the air being so cold?? idk really.

Oh my gosh Stacey that's scary :nope: I'm so sorry to hear you may have MS. When will you know? I take it they have to do further testing? Can't believe that about Colorado, I never knew any of it! It's scary how these things can have such a massive effect on people's health. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon :hugs:

Elizabeth, Ava is absolutely beautiful! Hope you are all doing well and that you have a great Christmas a family of four. :xmas9:

Stacey, that's so crazy about the Rocky Flats. I think I will google it later; sounds interesting. I sure hope you get some results soon so you can get on the road to recovery/treatment.

We're doing pretty well around here. I'm actually feeling much better compared to just two weeks ago. I'm getting excited to start feeding Jimmy solids soon because it means the start of him weaning or at least BFing less, which means the return of my cycles, which means feeling more normal and balanced! Plus, I really enjoy making baby food. :)

It looks like we've got a new tradition at our house, too. Taking a picture with Fozzy Bear while wearing Christmas jammies. Too fun!

Attachments

• Christmas Fozzy Collage.jpg
    Christmas Fozzy Collage.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 6
Rachel- your boys are so cute <3 so glad you're feeling better!!!! I was excited to start mason on solids too, but it did nothing to lessen how much he was nursing :dohh: he didn't drop feeds til he was napping less lol. I liked making baby food and also was given a mesh thing that I could put fruits and veggies in that he could chew on and suck the juices out. I hadn't seen it with the other ones, but it worked really good with him.

Stacey, I'm sorry to hear that you may have MS. :( I hope that further tests show that you don't. :hugs:

Rachel, those pics are adorable! I especially love the last one with both boys. I loved taking pictures of Alia, but I love taking pictures of Alia and Liam together way more. :flower:

Well, we got Alia a play kitchen for Christmas, and it took DH and I 3 hours to assemble it! But we're so excited to give it to her. What are you ladies getting for your kids this year? :xmas2:

Melissa, I think I'm going to get one of those for Jimmy once he starts teething. Except I've seen ones that are silicone with holes in them instead of mesh. (I've heard those are easier to clean.) I got one for my future nephew for Christmas (he's due in February.) :)

We got Ozzy a Batman play set. It's the Batcave. :) It may be a few years before he really enjoys it, but he likes Batman, so I think he'll be excited about it anyway. And I think Daniel will enjoy playing with it too. lol

He would probably really enjoy a play kitchen, but we just don't have the room for one right now. I've thought about making one from cardboard someday. I just LOVE doing that sort of thing. And I also love assembling furniture, so I probably would enjoy putting a play kitchen together too!

We got this kitchen, and I'm so excited about it because it actually looks like a real adult kitchen. But I just went to Amazon to get a picture of it, and noticed that it costs $249! We got ours during a Black Friday sale for $143, and then used a $30 gift card, so it was only $113! :D

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71ii3eTV65L._SL1500_.jpg

Rachel- I will have to look into the silicone ones! the mesh ones are a pain to clean, but he loved them so much I used them a few times a day. and even though my other ones had mashed fruits and veggies, he is the only one that still goes nuts for fruits and veggies. the other ones like certain ones, but he will eat just about any. I cant say its because of that or not, but maybe lol. I wonder if the silicone ones get chewed up fast? he would really chomp down on his while he was teething.

jordyn- we got all sorts of things. my oldest dd got lots of professional drawing/art supplies. she loves to draw. don't know where her artsy side came from. I took an 'art and psychology' class in college and drew a stick cow once. :dohh: my 2nd dd got lots of nail, hair, make-up supplies. she is very girly. she started teaching herself Japanese lately, but we had already finished shopping so im kicking myself for not getting her something for it. my 2 oldest boys got remote controlled helicopters, cars, trucks, and board/card games. my youngest 2 boys got baby dolls/strollers (they love to take care of their babies lol) some ride ons, and light up toys. of course they all got candy and some other things.

wow jordyn- she will really love that!!!! we have a plastic little tykes kitchen, but its nowhere near as nice as that. maybe after we have Sophia we will get a nicer one. my boys would destroy that lol!

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll try to read back later and get caught up :flower:

https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zpsbe383aa2.jpg

Heather, what a gorgeous picture of your boys! Love that they've got virtually the same expression on their faces :cloud9:

Jordyn that play kitchen looks great! We got Noah a play kitchen a while ago but it's nowhere near as good as that one. For Christmas we got Noah a train set and some books, and we got Milo some teething toys and a cuddly lamb activity toy. It's nice for him to have something that wasn't Noah's first :haha:

I've been musing on Christmas actually. A couple of DH's friends have babies, one is nearly 1 and the other is about 8 months. We saw pictures of all their presents under the tree and it got me thinking, are we a bit 'mean'? We honestly felt that two presents each was enough :shrug: We didn't specifically think only two each but that's just how it worked out with what we bought.

I kind of think at the age my boys are at they have no clue what Christmas actually is and in years to come they'll be asking for all sorts of expensive gifts so I may as well make the most of keeping it smaller now. Also I don't want them to think it's just about a load of presents. But it's got me wondering if I'm wrong and should be spoiling them more?

I don't see anything wrong with it Vanessa! I feel the same. we are downsizing a little next year for that same reason. we don't want them to just be about the presents and be materialistic and all. in the past we have actually taken out loans to load them up on Christmas and I feel very stupid about it. the loans were small and we paid them off the next month, but still. its not something I want to instill in them. we downsized a little this year and will do more next year. I wish I would have started off smaller, so I say great plan! one thing we did this year (and last) was to have them draw names among the 6 of them and they got to buy that person a gift. they love it! and it teaches them the joy of giving :)

heather- your boys are so darling! and I can def see the resemblance <3

merry Christmas everyone!! :xmas9:

Heather, cute pic of your boys! :flower:

Vanessa, aside from the kitchen, we got Alia a $1.00 coloring book, and we just got Liam a teething toy and that was it. And believe me, we definitely won't be splurging next year on a big toy like we did this year on the kitchen! So we're right there with you. I have a friend who gets their kids four presents every Christmas 1. Something they want. 2. Something they need. 3. Something to wear. 4. Something to read. So I thought that was a cute idea, except I think in our case, the "something they need" would actually be clothes most often, so we could cut down to three of those things.

Melissa, I hope you had a great Christmas!

Well, here's my kiddos on Christmas morning. :flower:

1484224_10100575722564438_1595298500_n.jpg

1499583_10100575722873818_1546424053_n.jpg

1534289_10100575722714138_596882355_n.jpg

Jordyn I love that idea of four gifts! I'll be remembering that one :thumbup: Bless your little ones, look at Liam sitting up! Milo appears to have no interest in mastering how to sit, I guess it's because it requires being still for once. They're starting to look a bit alike as well :cloud9:

Thanks ladies, nice to know I'm not alone in thinking that it isn't necessary to go mad over buying gifts. I have always viewed birthdays as more of an individual 'spoiling' and Christmas as more religious and family orientated.

Liam has been sitting unsupported for almost a month now, which is awesome (because Alia didn't master that until she was 8 months old) but as for moving around? Nothing. No rolling, scooting, army crawling, nothing. But that's how Alia was, too, so it's not new.

Oh, and I keep meaning to tell you ladies, Alia is talking in 4 word sentences now! Like, "I see the blanket!" and "Alia clean it up." It's so cute to hear her talking like a "big girl". :cloud9:

jordyn- so cute! yes, we had a great day <3 I heard about the 4 present rule this year. not sure if we will do that or not, but maybe a similar variation. your LO's are looking alike to me too. precious!!

Happy New Years ladies sorry been so Mia

Sorry upside down ugh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 10
Happy New Year ladies!

Logan what a gorgeous picture!

For New Year Milo decided to sleep :happydance: Bed at 7pm, feed at 10pm, night feed at 2am and up at 6.30am with no nightly party or sleep fighting! I'm delighted, hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

We had friends over and for the first time I think Noah was aware that we were having fun downstairs and he wanted to be part of it bless him. He kept 'crying' and when we went in to him he was pointing at the door! It took until we went to bed after the night feed for him to settle down properly for sleep so reckon he's going to be absolutely worn out today, I'm leaving him to sleep in as long as he wants.

How was everyone's New Years Eve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->