anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Thank you Pez and Youngwife!

Youngwife... I usually do all my blogging stuff when she goes to bed for the night and then just schedule everything which works well.

Does she sleep through? What time does she go to bed? My daughter at 5months does not sleep through! Lol n shes up @ 5am every morning!

hi ladies! sorry i havent been around lately. im preparing my home school stuff so i have been very busy. my girls are starting 7th and 8th grade this year and my oldest son is starting kindergarten. we had to order their books, figure out a curriculum, get the classroom ready, etc. we are almost prepared! i was thinking of starting on aug 20, but we may start a week early if i get everything ready.

youngwife- congrats!!!! :happydance: im so excited for you, im really gonna enjoy hearing about your pregnancy!

chez- how are things going??

welcome new ladies, and how is everyone doing? :) i didnt read all the way back so im not sure what i missed

im not fertile yet. i dont think i will be for a while, since he is still nursing quite a bit. i did start him on some oatmeal and he loves it! i dont know how it will effect anything, but it doesnt seem to have made any difference. my cycles are not back yet

youngwife - She goes to bed at 8 and usually is up around 4 for a feed.

Baby hopes- what does ur partner feel about it? Maybe when ur ready to take it out ntnp for abit see how u feel about it?

he would rather wait till this time next yr. its just fustrating that im getting back into part time career and then in few yrs ill be back to square one and have to give up my job,id rather ttc well ntnp now and just see, then they will be at school not long apart and i can go bk full time

congrats hun

i have implant in my arm i keep umming and arring about wether ttc in a month or two or wait another yr

my daughter was a VERY challenging baby she had collic,milk intolerence and bad reflux and generally scream ALL the time. shes alot better now and shes sleeps she only used to sleep 1 hour a night then odd 5mins in the day health visitor doesnt know how she got the enerrgy i ended up with pnd as i had no family suppport around me.

id be so happy to ttc now but i know if i have another one like she was like id probably throw myself out the window:dohh:

Baby hopes- what does ur partner feel about it? Maybe when ur ready to take it out ntnp for abit see how u feel about it?

he would rather wait till this time next yr. its just fustrating that im getting back into part time career and then in few yrs ill be back to square one and have to give up my job,id rather ttc well ntnp now and just see, then they will be at school not long apart and i can go bk full time

Babyhopes this is precisely how I feel too! I am going back part-time at the end of this month and then (if all things go smoothly) will be giving up work for the next few years once baby number two arrives. The aim will be to go back to work once they are at school.

It makes sense to do the baby thing now while we are still young and have a chance to get back into working after.

Hopefully you and your partner will come to an agreement about it all soon - it is frustrating if you both have different feelings about it.

Our LO was a very colicky, difficult newborn as well (but very chilled now - most of the time!). I'm hoping that our next one will be different, but hey, I know if we have the same then an end is in sight - it felt never-ending with Harrison!

i hope you ladies and your guys figure something out soon. i think its more of an issue for mommas cuz its generally your career/work thats effected.

Blessed! It's good to hear from you. We missed you. :flower: I'm sorry that your body hasn't returned to fertility yet, but you never know...after all, ovulation comes before a period, so it could sneak up on you one of these days! :thumbup:

Pez and Youngwife, count yourselves lucky. My LO is waking up 7 or 8 time a night right now (pretty sure this is the 4 month sleep regression I kept hearing about) and I am one tired momma. :sleep:

Blessmama_j thank u for the congrats

Babyhopes- im sorry ur partner isnt on the same page as u have u explained how u feel? Im only gona be back @ work for 2 months before im of on maternity for anither year!!

Spiffy- wow that is alot u poor woman! Does ur lo wake up to eat? Or just for comfort?? That must be tough!!

Ouch - Spiffy I hope everything gets better for you soon! We never had the four-month sleep regression... LO's sleeping was just TERRIBLE consistantly for the first six months lol. Maybe in a way that was easier though, it is harder when they lull you into a false sense of security by sleeping well for a while, then take it away!

Hope you get some decent rest soon, poor you!

Blessed - I'm feeling ok. I'm abit achey atm, and still feel sick constantly but have only vomitted twice... Which is worse than actually going sick every time! :dohh: I have that "pulled muscle" feeling in/around my uterus area, ya know, that stretching feeling? So I'm hoping everything's going swimmingly in there after the spotting I had in my 7th week!!

Still awaiting my first scan date... :shrug:

Thanks, Pez. Youngwife, I only feed her if it's been at least three or four hours since the last feeding, and all the rest of the times I just give her back her pacifier and she just goes back to sleep. So at least it's not a fight to get her back to sleep, it's just the constant wakings that are driving me crazy. Part of it might be her swaddle blanket. It helps her fall asleep, but at the same time, she's so strong that she can bust out of it fairly quickly, which might be waking her up sometimes. I'm going to get rid of the swaddle cold turkey this week. I've been dreading it and putting it off, but it has to happen sooner or later, and I might as well do it now while her sleeping is bad anyway.

In other news, I'm on CD 11 today and I ovulated on CD 12 last month, so I'm hoping it stays consistant. My temperature this morning was the highest it's been this cycle, so we'll see over the next few days what happens. :thumbup:

Good luck Spiffy :) I have had all the symptoms for ovulation today. Last BD was on Saturday though and I won't get chance again until Thursday - so my chances are very slim this month. Looks like my OH is on the late shifts for the same CDs next month too - grrr.

Maybe we will get lucky - who knows.

Good luck though ladies!

Pez, if you ovulate today, then the swimmers from Saturday should still be waiting for the eggy. Don't count yourself out yet! :thumbup:

This is our month, remember? :winkwink:

thanks spiffy! i hope you catch that egg tomorrow :thumbup: im hoping i just get preggo without a period so it would be great to ov without knowing lol. love your location too hun. very cute:flower: my youngest son turns 5 months today and while he isnt up as much as your LO he is def up a lot. im tired too :hugs: they do start sleeping better though mama, until they start teething! :wacko:

Ah okay Spiffy! I'm a total newbie at all the science stuff behind this! Exciting to think that I am still in with a chance - woohoo!

So yes - this WILL be our month! Good luck ladies :)

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been AWOL but I'm back :flower:

How is everyone? Good luck spiffy and Pez, wow it sounds like you're having a bit of a tough time sleeping wise spiffy. Might be an idea to wean her off the swaddle by the sounds of it, I guess it's like a dummy when they start being able to spit it out and then want it 5 mins later. Exhausting.

That would be amazing blessed! Just skip to the next pregnancy :happydance:

Chez hope the scan date arrives soon.

As for me I'm good, CD5 today and I have decided to have lots more sex this month :haha: I have decided that there must be swimmers lurking at all times since I don't know when I'm ovulating. Sounds exhausting just thinking about it but must be determined! Operation Continuous Swimmer Presence will begin on CD7 lol.

Operation Continuous Swimmer Presence will begin on CD7 lol.

:haha: That made me laugh. That's kind of how DH and I are regardless of TTC, so it hasn't been much of a switch. :blush: It's a good plan, though, because then you know you're covered, no matter what!

Still wondering whether I'll be ovulating today or not. Until I get those tell-tell cramps, or see a shift in my temps, I'm in the dark. This is my first month temping and it's hard because no matter what time I set to take my temperature, it always gets screwed up by my LO waking me up. In fact, I swear she starting this sleeping nightmare right when I decided to start temping...:dohh:

Spiffy I am impressed that you and your OH manage to keep it all up considering how old your LO is! We were always regular but as soon as LO came along - that was it - a sex life went out of the window, and has only just started to get back on track (the TTC has helped too, which has made OH very happy - lol).

Pielette you really did make me laugh with the Operation Continuous Swimmer Presence as well! I'm sure your OH is happy to adbide too, eh?!

I'm sure that babies have a sixth sense for knowing when to become more 'difficult' than usual too! Luckily for us, our LO has finally started napping properly in the day now. Allowed for a sneaky BD before my OH left for the late shift today which has made me more optimistic about this week as well - fingers crossed.

I go back to work tomorrow for a taster session type thing before going properly at the end of the month. It'll be the first time I have left LO for any great length of time (8:00am till 1:00pm) and I am nervous! I know he will be fine as he will be with OH but I am still worrying already! Eep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->