anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Yeah I'm jealous of everyone who is having regular sex. It feels like we are in a once a month rut. At this rate we will be ntnp for sure until it comes time to TTC!

Well my husband and I were both virgins when we got married, so we were pretty excited about having sex, and now that it's been a year and a half, I guess we're just keeping it alive. We had sex at least every other day all the way up until I gave birth! :blush:

So Fertility Friend now thinks that I ovulated on CD 10, which would put me at 3 dpo today. Hello Two Week Wait!

On a side note, my LO has been sleeping better these past couple nights and is a lot happer in general. The funny thing is, as of yesterday she has been babbling to herself non-stop, and it's the cutest thing ever, because unlike before, she now puts inflection on her "words", which makes it sound like she's really having a conversation...with herself. :haha:

Skadi - I am sure things will pick up a little. Things have a tendancy to go on the back-burner a little when a new baby arrives, they sure did for us!

I love your signature and pics of Keria by the way - she is gorgeous, and was born so tiny! Bless her. She looks as though she has come a long way - you must be so proud!

And Spiffy you and your husband had it right with waiting till marriage I think. OH was when I first met him, I on the otherhand had some very questionable morals as a teen which I wish I could go back and rectify! They say hind-sight is amazing though. I try to make up for it by being as good as I can be now though, lol.

I also find that our LO tends to have a few bad nights when he is mastering a new skill. He learnt to crawl recently and MAN we had some bad bad nights. Maybe your LO was having a bit of trouble switching off properly as she had the urge to master her babbling skills?! I agree about it being super cute!

Aw my DH and I were both virgins too when we met! :cloud9: I suppose it was a bit late for us to both be virgins, I was 19 and he was 21, but I like that we lost it to each other. Bloody hell, that was ten years ago!

I second that skadi, it will pick up. My DH and I go through phases, I just feel so tired all the time and I don't really have much of an excuse cos Noah sleeps really well. Trying to make much more of an effort with it and the more we do the more I feel like it so I need to not neglect it. Plus of course I want LO number 2 :haha:

Spiffy I love it when they start babbling! It's adorable!

My monkey is cutting his second tooth so a little grumpy at the minute, he did however have a fun afternoon when I went to my trainer's house to work out in her garden. So he played with his toys on a blanket watching the dog and giggling. He also likes watching the horses on the Olympics. Think a trip to a zoo might be in order soon!

Oh and I've figured out he's scared of grass! Strange child! He has to be on a blanket or he'll scream!

skadi- i hope things pick up!

spiffy- my DH and i were like that. i had some hormonal probs after a surgery i had on my cervix after our 4th baby and it really messed up my libido. i used vitamins and natural progesterone so im much better now. after 6 kids i think once or twice a week is still pretty good though. he is still like an 18 yr old, it would still be every day if he had his way lol.

how is everyone today?

Pielette, that's not late for you to be virgins. I was 22 and my DH was 26! But we're so happy that we waited, because it's nice knowing that I'm the only woman he's ever been with, and vice versa. :flower:

Blessed, I guess some men stay 18 year olds forever. :winkwink: Helps with the baby-making, though! I'm feeling pretty good today. Hoping we caught the egg this month! I hate that I'm only 3 dpo, though, because I'm already getting antsy to pee on something! :haha:

How are you?

Thanks Pez, I am really so proud of her! She has truly came a long way and has defied the odds (so far) while doing so!

Well my husband and I were both virgins when we got married, so we were pretty excited about having sex, and now that it's been a year and a half, I guess we're just keeping it alive. We had sex at least every other day all the way up until I gave birth! :blush:

So Fertility Friend now thinks that I ovulated on CD 10, which would put me at 3 dpo today. Hello Two Week Wait!

On a side note, my LO has been sleeping better these past couple nights and is a lot happer in general. The funny thing is, as of yesterday she has been babbling to herself non-stop, and it's the cutest thing ever, because unlike before, she now puts inflection on her "words", which makes it sound like she's really having a conversation...with herself. :haha:

awww i think thats so sweet u were both virgins! me and my husband wrtn virgins but we didnt have sex till the day before we got engaged lol and then we were havign sex 5 times a day! now (before bfp) it was once every other day starting from 7 weeks pp now no sex!! we never had sex last time till i was over 4 months pregnant as we prefer to wait! and then we had dtd even when i was in labour lol . but i dont mind waiting till were more further in our pregnancy! i wish me and my husband was a virgin when we found each other that so special

skadi- i hope things pick up!

spiffy- my DH and i were like that. i had some hormonal probs after a surgery i had on my cervix after our 4th baby and it really messed up my libido. i used vitamins and natural progesterone so im much better now. after 6 kids i think once or twice a week is still pretty good though. he is still like an 18 yr old, it would still be every day if he had his way lol.

how is everyone today?

6 kids twice a week!! were do u find the time that is amazinggggg

Thanks, Pez. Youngwife, I only feed her if it's been at least three or four hours since the last feeding, and all the rest of the times I just give her back her pacifier and she just goes back to sleep. So at least it's not a fight to get her back to sleep, it's just the constant wakings that are driving me crazy. Part of it might be her swaddle blanket. It helps her fall asleep, but at the same time, she's so strong that she can bust out of it fairly quickly, which might be waking her up sometimes. I'm going to get rid of the swaddle cold turkey this week. I've been dreading it and putting it off, but it has to happen sooner or later, and I might as well do it now while her sleeping is bad anyway.

In other news, I'm on CD 11 today and I ovulated on CD 12 last month, so I'm hoping it stays consistant. My temperature this morning was the highest it's been this cycle, so we'll see over the next few days what happens. :thumbup:
n oh yeh my daughter was NEVER able to stay in her swaddling blank it she has always fight her way out even when my husband does it tight and she ends up pulling it over her face lol so dont do that we just put her in a sleeping bag and hope she reacts ok when u take it away and fingers crossed for u!!

It's my birthday today, so my husband took the day off work to spend time with me, and my LO even slept in until 8:45am for me, which was awesome!:happydance: Today might be the only day during the TWW that I don't symptom spot and drive myself crazy, so I'm going to enjoy it! :haha:

Aw happy birthday Spiffy! What a wonderful birthday present from LO, lol. Hope you have a great day with OH :)

I'm already getting obsessed with the symptom spotting and it isn't good, lol. Luckily A couple of days at work this week should take my mind off things.

How is everyone else getting on? :)

pez- i would drive myself crazy with symptom spotting! im kinda glad i cant lol.:flower:

spiffy-:cake: happy birthday! i agree, that was a great present from dd. and dh staying home too.

youngwife- lol my dh helps out a lot so we have more time for each other. :)

Spiffy -Happy Birthday! :cake:

Pielette - My sister was the same with grass! The only way my mom knew she'd stay in one place in the garden was to put her on a blanket, then she knew she wouldn't have to chase her around incase there was something she shouldn't be messing with! :haha:

Aww, thanks for the birthday wishes, ladies. :flower:

Pez, I'm right there with you on the symptom spotting. I keep feeling like this is it. However, I'm still not totally sure I even ovulated! Fertility Friend seems to think so, but I didn't get any ovulation cramps this month, and despite the fact that I'm supposed to be 4 dpo today, I had a bunch of ewcm, or at least thats what it looked like. I have been a bit constipated these past two days :blush: and that never happens, so I'm hoping it's a good sign! Oh well, I guess time will tell. What symptoms are you having, Pez?

Oh, and as for the grass, my neice was the same way! She would freak out when my brother put her down on it.

Doh I'm a bit late but happy birthday spiffy! Ooh an 8.45 lie in sounds lovely! The closest we ever get is 7 but he does sleep through so I shouldn't moan.

God isn't it awful symptom spotting? That's what I was doing on my stupidly long cycle I had myself convinced I was pregnant.

Ha lots of babies not liking grass! It is quite useful actually cos he stays on the blanket and I don't have to chase him around like I do at home :haha: We're looking to move to a house with a garden, we have a flat at the minute and we really miss gardens, plus he's getting to the point where a garden would come in handy.

Didn't manage to DTD last night cos DH got in late so I'm hoping tonight we will, CD8 and all that. Also got some ovulation sticks cos its driving me crazy not knowing when I'm ovulating. I just need to know when it is, I'm not going to bug DH with it cos my plan is to DTD lots anyway :haha:

Still awaiting my scan date, ladies! *sigh*

The MS is getting so bad I bought some SeaBands lastnight, they're supposed to help with MS/travel sickness etc. I am not a happy bunny! I payed almost £10 and I can't even leave them on for 5mins without them hurting me, they're so tight... :( I was willing to pay that and if they didn't work, so be it. It's pee'd me off though because I can't even keep them on to find out if they work!

In even more of a hormonal rage now as the postman's been and still no letter with a scan date. :growlmad: I'm seriously considering booking a private scan, just to know if things are ok! I'm 10w today and I thought they give you 2w notice... My MW lied to me, saying I'd probably get one closer to 10w seeing as I'd been to my booking appointment early. Just feeling so sorry for myself today. I'm glad it's almost weekend and OH doesn't work w/e's. :happydance:

Sorry about this rant, ladies! :blush:

Thanks, Pielette. :flower: According to Fertility Friend, I ovulated on CD 10 this month, so CD 8 could be prime baby-making time! :haha:

I am a little concerned, though. I had a 50 day cycle, then a 34 day cycle, then a 26 day cycle, and if AF comes this month, it will be a 24 day cycle. How short can your cycle get and still allow you to get pregnant? :wacko: Hopefully I caught the egg this month and I won't have to worry about that...

Chez, that sucks! I know it's no consolation at all, but just remember that us US ladies don't even get a 12 week scan...we have to wait until 20 weeks! In the meantime, I really hope you start feeling better. Have you tried Preggie Pops? I never had much MS last time around, but a friend of mine got it pretty bad and she said the Preggie Pops really helped her.

I've never heard of Preggie Pops... :haha: Do they even do them here? :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->