anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

oh my chez im so sorry. try to be calm for your babies sake. you should try to not live by what others think of you. a baby is a blessing, no matter who thinks otherwise.

DH and i always believed we are one, so any money either of us make belongs to both of us. we dont do the my money/your money or my things/your things stuff. to us, that is just a way for the world to divide us.

believe me we have had our share of bad reactions from family and friends when we announce a pregnancy. people are pretty much ok with you having 3 kids or so. once you hit 4+ they act like your doing something wrong lol. if God sees us fit to have 30 kids, then by God thats how many we will have! He always provides for us. the funny thing is that some of the people who makes bad comments actually have borrowed money from us. we never make them pay anything back. we dont receive any assistance or anything like that. our children are very well taken care of and we make a point of teaching them manners and politeness. we believe in living our life to glorify God. :hugs:

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts. :flower:

Chez, that's horrible! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that, especially when family should be the most supportive. Once you get closer to having that baby, though, she's start getting excited to have another grand-baby, I'm sure, and once he/she is born, she'll be totally in love and won't even remember all this stuff she's saying now. On a different note, congrats on hitting 12 weeks! :happydance:

Blessed, my DH and I feel exactly like you do about money. It sure is a nice feeling, knowing that you're in it together, no matter what. :flower:

Skadi, way to go for having patience! I waited until I was 9 days late to test last time I was pregnant, and got two very nice pink lines. Fingers crossed for you!

Pez, that's so disappointing! I would wait a few more days and then re-test, and if it's still a bfn, then maybe your body did something weird this cycle and you'll just have to wait it out. I hope it's just a shy bean! :thumbup:

Pielette, I know how you feel. It's so hard having a sick baby. This is my LO's first real sickness, too. That was a really high temperature! And here I was, getting scared about 38.6. :blush: Thankfully, my LO's fever has gone away, although she's still throwing up. She also has horrible constipation, which I wasn't expecting. She was pushing so hard the other day that she made her little bum bleed. It was so sad. :cry: I hope both our babies get feeling better quick!

Chez - What a horrible reaction! I will never understand why people react to the news of a baby like that. Seriously.

Blessed - You are so lucky to have so many children in your life. :)

Spiffy - I think the only real reason I have patience this time around is because I'm really just too busy with Keira and everything else to worry about it! lol

Chez - omg I am SO angry for you! That is such a terrible reaction to get from someone - and I very much hope that once the news settles down she rightly feels awful for everything she said! It was no doubt shock that caused such an outburst but I'd be fuming as well. I hope you are okay and you have not let it upset nor get to you too much.

Have you told your dad today? Did you get a better response from him? I really hope so.

Don't let anyone ruin this for you and your OH.

Thank you, Ladies! I don't know what I'd do without you and my cousin right now. DF too obviously but I can't exactly say too much without upsetting him, it's his mother...

Pez - We've told my dad and his OH and they are pleased for us :)

DF's older brother and his OH are happy for us too. His younger brother is being weird about it, like we've done something wrong. Saying he'd text his mum to make sure she's ok... What on Earth?! He also asked DF if he was happy about it!

I might've said this before but it peeves me so much as DF's mother had all her kids by the time she was 21, all 3 of them! There's only 15months between DF and his younger brother and 2 years between DF and his older brother... I'm 24, will be 25 when this LO is born. DF had just turned 23, my toyboy. :winkwink: So it's not like we're too young!

Don't worry Chez, my mom flipped out at first when I told her I was pregnant with Keira. She realised she was being stupid though and made me come back to tell her again the next day as if I hadn't told her already to make up for it and even gave me flowers! lol (I was 29 at the time)

I know if I get pregnant again before Keira is 1 my mom will flip out again but come around to it. lol

Oh chez, just you ignore it, she'll come round and don't worry about waiting for that to happen. I hate how it seems like we become public property when we start doing 'grownup' things, has anyone noticed that? Someone always has an opinion. When you get married people always want to tell you who to invite, where to have it, what to wear, bleurgh. And then when you get pregnant thy have another set of bloody opinions! Not interested. If you're happy and your OH is happy that is the only thing that matters. A baby is the biggest blessing, the two of you are truly blessed to have one and one on the way. Massive hugs :hugs:

Blessed I'm starting to think I would love a big family like yours! No idea when we'll stop now, I am so in love with motherhood I'm not sure I want to stop having babies at the 3 mark like I planned!

Sorry to hear you got a bfn pez, could be just a little early though so keeping my fingers crossed for you. Are you going to test again soon?

Skadi I cannot believe how incredibly patient you are, I'm so impressed!

How is your LO doing spiffy? Still throwing up? Poor little mite with the constipation :nope: it's so hard when they're babies cos I guess they just don't understand why they don't feel well.

Well Noah is doing ok. His temperature has calmed down but that could be just because he's having three hours between each dose of medicine now. We had to get him up last night at 2am to give him some ibuprofen and bless him he was not impressed! Went straight back to sleep though. His temp is now hovering around 36/37 today, big improvement on 39.2 yesterday. I guess it must be some sort of viral infection but I hate how long it's taking to go away. Can't stand seeing him upset :cry:

So in all this madness I kind of forgot to obsess over whether we got lucky or not this cycle. I did think to myself earlier oh I must be about 3 days past ovulation now... Seems like a long time to wait grr. How are you doing ez?

skadi- i hope she doesnt flip out again lol. at least she made up for it last time :flower:

pie- i hope he feels better very soon! praying for him :hugs:

we love having a big family. i stopped after my first 2 and didnt want more. dr said i was too young to have my tubes tied. had a surprise bfp with #3, thats why there is 7 yrs between my 2nd and 3rd. im so glad the dr wouldnt tie my tubes now. i would have missed out on so much!

alyana irene, 13, oct 15 1998
felicia nicole, 12, may 11 2000

peyton michael, 5, june 21 2007
jaxon keely, 2, dec 16 2009
nathon daniel, 1, feb 21 2011
mason elijah, 6 mos, mar 6 2012

Oh no, Skadi! I'm so sorry to hear that the witch has got you after such a promising wait! :hugs: Well, because you waited, at least you didn't waste as many tests as I did. :dohh:

September will be the month for us! :thumbup:

Blessed, that's amazing. I'm glad you didn't get your tubes tied. Isn't it great when you look back and see God's hand in your life? :)

Pielette, my LO is still sick, although she hasn't thrown up for a day now. Unfortunately the poor thing has a bladder infection and is now on antibiotics. :( I'm glad your LO's fever is coming down. Hopefully this won't last much longer for either of our LO's.

Oh poor babies! I really hope they're well soon! :hugs:

Skadi - Shame she caught you this time... Fingers crossed for next month for you!

:dust: Dust to all!

That's so lovely blessed! Amazing to think what you would have missed out on if you had had your tubes tied!

Oh so sorry skadi :hugs: As spiffy said at least it meant you didn't waste any tests. Fingers crossed for September instead :flower:

Thanks chez, it's so draining. Oh sorry to hear your LO now has a bladder infection spiffy :nope: They're so uncomfortable, bless her, poor wee mite.

skadi- so sorry, hopefully next month! :hugs:

chez- He is so good!!! :flower:

pie- im so thankful the dr wouldnt tie my tubes! we hope for many more kids :cloud9:

lol Spiffy that's exactly why I waited! Just a weird cycle.

Well, apparently having a weird, longer cycle that get's your hopes up is a right of passage after giving birth, since you, me, EZ, and Pielette have all had it happen to us recently. :wacko:

Chez, I am so sorry to hear about the negative reaction you got. Glad you also have supportive friends and family around you.

Well, apparently having a weird, longer cycle that get's your hopes up is a right of passage after giving birth, since you, me, EZ, and Pielette have all had it happen to us recently. :wacko:
Tell me about it. I'm on day 44 of my first cycle since giving birth. I'm sooo tempted to test, but I'm pretty sure I ovulated just 14 days (or fewer) ago. I'm also fairly certain we missed our chance this time around. It's hard having long, irregular cycles. Ovulating fewer times per year means fewer chances to get pregnant. Boo!

Well, still no AF for me. I am going to test again in a few days if there is nothing in the meantime. I am a little reluctant to do one before then as we were so disappointed with the BFN! I guess I am joining the "long weird cycle after birth" club!

Pielette - how is Noah doing now? Poor little mite! On the mend I hope by now!

Blessed - wow what a thought of how different things may have been for you had you had your tubes tied in the past. I just noticed all your babies names by the way - they are all great!

Skadi - I am sorry that AF caught you - but be pleased that you can start another cycle at least. I wish she would come and rear her ugly head here too just so I can get started on the next one too. So annoying.

Harley Quinn - CD44! Wow! That is a long one! Are you like me and holding on to the glimmer of hope? I try not to get too hopeful as we have already had a BFN but it is hard when AF has not yet come along.

Chez - have you heard anything more from your MiL yet?

Yeah, it is long, but it's pretty 'normal' for me. My cycles are never the same length, and they are never as short as 28 days. I'm definitely not holding out hope right now, and I'm not going to test just yet (don't want to waste even a $1.25 test! lol).

Well, still no AF for me. I am going to test again in a few days if there is nothing in the meantime. I am a little reluctant to do one before then as we were so disappointed with the BFN! I guess I am joining the "long weird cycle after birth" club!

Pielette - how is Noah doing now? Poor little mite! On the mend I hope by now!

Blessed - wow what a thought of how different things may have been for you had you had your tubes tied in the past. I just noticed all your babies names by the way - they are all great!

Skadi - I am sorry that AF caught you - but be pleased that you can start another cycle at least. I wish she would come and rear her ugly head here too just so I can get started on the next one too. So annoying.

Harley Quinn - CD44! Wow! That is a long one! Are you like me and holding on to the glimmer of hope? I try not to get too hopeful as we have already had a BFN but it is hard when AF has not yet come along.

Chez - have you heard anything more from your MiL yet?

Not yet. DF's going there today... :wacko:

chez- i hope everything goes ok today!

pez- thank you! DH and i love picking names :flower:

having a baby can really throw your hormones out of whack. i hope the long cycles get better ladies!

i still havent had any cycles. coming up on 6 months. i was very wishy washy about whether i was ready or not for our next. i tend to go back and forth. im feeling a lot of peace about it now. i really feel like im ready for the next, just waiting on the Lord!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->