anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Your pregnancy has gone so quick chez, it seems like yesterday you announced it on here :]

You ladies are so wonderful. Thank you for your support, thoughts, and prayers.

Yesterday's spotting turned into bleeding today, so I called the maternity clinic. They can't fit me in before my appointment on Thursday since I am considered a new patient. They told me to see my family doctor today. His office isn't open today, so I am going to go to a walk-in clinic once Daniel gets home from a meeting he had this morning.

I am pretty emotional, but trying not to stress out too much.

Chez, I recently read something in Reader's Digest about "mommy brain". Apparently, our brains actually shrink when we are pregnant and then return to normal size about 24 weeks after birth. Weird, huh? I love science.

Haha, I noticed the little sister thing, too, Chez. :winkwink: Isn't it great getting to blame things on babybrain? I know I took advantage of it!

Blessed! I am sooooo hoping that this is the begining of your bfp and that you have great news when you get back on here on Saturday! :thumbup:

Harley, I had spotting after dtd from 6-8 weeks. I was worried, naturally, but they gave me a ultrasound and didn't find anything wrong, and said that they bleeding was coming from my cervix, since it's so tender and filled with extra blood during pregnancy and dtd can aggravate it. Hope all is well and you don't spend too much time worrying. I'd say, unless you cramp really bad and have a ton of blood, everything should be just fine. I don't know if you've ever had a miscarriage, but I had an early one and it was one of the most painful things ever, so believe me, you'd know. I hope you can get into your doctor's office today. :flower:

I was totally set on testing the day after AF was due (the 22nd) but now I'm feeling the need to POAS, so I might only make it to the 17th (which will be 10 dpo). :dohh:

Oh it's flown since our scan! From the spotting I had in my 7th week to the 11+2 week scan dragged so bad! Roll on October 22nd now... :happydance: 20 week scan, and we'd like to find out the sex too :cloud9: DD had her legs crossed though and was at an awkward angle so we had to go back at 22(ish) weeks for spine and kidney measurements so I'm hoping this one's not as shy... Certainly didn't seem it at our first scan, dancing all over the place! :haha: Total opposite to any of DD's scans and we had 11 of them!!

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, Harley! :hugs: It's nerve-racking to say the least, waiting... I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for the best for you!! :flow:

Harley Quinn - sorry you are having a scare! I know others here are putting your mind at rest too - but a couple of my friends have experienced bleeding in early pregnancy too and everything turned out just fine - so please don't panic yourself too much just yet! I hope everything goes well at the doctors today. :)

My husband is the best. He brought me a decaf pumpkin spice latte today when he got home from his meeting. Mmmm.

We made it to the walk-in clinic, but the doctor couldn't really do anything today. She sent me to get my blood drawn to check my hCG and such. I have an appointment with her on Wednesday afternoon to go over the results. She said she would have her assistant call tomorrow to try and book an ultra sound ASAP.

So, that is where things are. Still bleeding; doesn't really seem to be letting up, but it's hard to tell because it's not constant really. I'd say it's comparable to medium AF bleeding, and it's really thick and clotty, if that makes sense. Sorry if that TMI.

I'm going to zone out and watch TV and/or read all night. Try and keep my mind from focusing on it too much! :)

Fingers crossed for you Harley - bless your husband for treating you as well. Good idea for the zoning out all night - hope you feel a bit better soon, stay positive! :)

So sorry you are going through this Harley :hugs: Like the others have said it can be totally normal but I know that doesn't make things any easier. Really hope they can get you in for an ultrasound as soon as possible. Thinking of you.

Wow chez I second that, where has the time gone? Hope you get to find out the sex, we did with LO and I would want to with the next one too, just so it's easier to prepare. I think if the next one was a girl I would then have the rest after that as surprises. May have convinced my DH to have four so we'll see :haha:

Spiffy it is so so hard to resist! I've wasted so many of the bloody things these past couple of months :dohh: I know I should wait and leave it till AF is late but I'm terrible.

Pez how are you doing? Still no sign of AF?

Well I'm distracting myself from baby making with a house purchase :flower: I hope anyway! We decided to go for it on the house and put in an offer yesterday which they rejected. So going to increase it today. I'm desperately hoping we get it cos I love it, it's such a lovely family home and I can just see it full of rugrats :cloud9:

Pie- I was thinking if this LO is a boy, I'd do the same with the next one and not find out... Knowing me though, I wouldn't be able to hold out! I'm just so impatient and found it brought me closer to DD somehow, knowing she was infact a "she" because I already pictured having a baby girl! :cloud:

Harley I hope you get that scan right away. I know it was a huge relief for me when I got an early scan and saw that my little bean was doing okay. I'll keep you in my prayers. :hugs:

Chez and Pie, I was just thinkin about that the other day. I think after I have a boy, I'll try going team Yellow. Although there's a part of me that almost wants to go for it with the next baby, and then just buy boy clothes as we go. Chances are, though, I'll end up finding out until we get a boy.

Pie, I really hope you get that house! Also, way to go on *maybe* convincing your OH to have four babies! :thumbup:

Well, not too much going on here. We had the funeral for my DH's grandpa yesterday, so that helped me keep my mind off of the wait. Although I did have to keep using the bathroom... Okay, so maybe it didn't take my mind completely off of the wait. :blush:

Good luck with your offer, Pielette! :) Let us know how it goes!

No AF for me still and nothing since the couple of random spotting late last week so things are still looking hopefully! We're popping out tomorrow morning to buy more tests - so I'll update with the outcome tomorrow evening :)

Good luck Spiffy - I hope that this month has been yours too *fingers crossed*

How are you getting on Harley?

I hope I can get a scan soon too! I had a minor freak out this morning after calling the doctor's office to see if they had scheduled one for me. (This was the walk-in clinic we went to yesterday where the doctor said they would call today to schedule something.) The receptionist who answered said that the doctor I had seen had already gone home for the day and she can't look in my file to see if one is scheduled or call for me because she doesn't work for that doctor! Grrrr! I am very grateful for the medical system here in BC, but I am clearly still in some sort of adjustment period of getting used to how it works exactly. (I am originally from Washington State, if I haven't mentioned that before.)

Anyway, I've mellowed now. I have the appointment tomorrow afternoon, but I am tempted to call my family doctor's office to see if they can call today to schedule something for me. But then again, I'm not sure I want to deal with another receptionist today. Not that I have anything against them, I just don't think I have the energy.

I'm still bleeding today. It's pretty much stayed the same. Every time it seems like it might be slowing or stopping it picks up again a few hours later just the same as before.

I sang the hymn "It is Well With My Soul" last night while rocking Ozzy to sleep. It was hard because I was crying a bit, but I was really trying to make it my prayer. Maybe it's good that it's taking longer to find out exactly what's happening because I think I need that extra time to come to terms with it all, to be able to accept any outcome.

I look forward to happy news about BFP's and a house!

Oh, Harley, I'm so sorry you're going through this. The bleeding I had was only a few red spots of blood after dtd, so not as alarming as yours seems to be. I really hope you get that scan soon. The fact that you haven't had any strong cramping (or haven't mentioned it at least) is a good sign, though.

By the way, where did you live in Washington? I lived in Wenatchee for a few years as a kid. :flower:

No, I haven't had any real pain, just a bit of mild cramping here and there.

I lived in Moses Lake until from Kindergarten through 5th grade, then we moved over to the Seattle area (a smallish town called Duvall). I just love the Pacific Northwest. Eastern Washington is great too; so many awesome places to camp.

Well it is official - I am pregnant! I got my BFP this morning! I must have ovulated a lot later than I thought and the spotting must have been implantation. Reality is kicking in now - it really is happening again, lol. :) :) :)

Really hoping to come back here to some good news from you too Harley - best of luck xxx

Harley I'm so sorry it's still going on. Hope you get seen and an ultrasound very soon. The waiting is awful :hugs:

Pez oh my God huge congratulations! :happydance::happydance::happydance: What's your due date? So happy for you! :flower:

No news on our offer yet, the agent says they are thinking about it :wacko: We can't go any higher cos we're already stretching ourselves so if they say no it's over. We shall see.

According to my LMP I'm due May 3rd, but personally I think a week or two needs to be added on to that as it was such a messed up cycle! I think I'm more due around May 15th or so but I'll see what the doctor says :)

Fingers crossed that your offer is accepted! Good luck! :)

:happydance::happydance: Woohoo Pez! :happydance::happydance: That's so exciting, especially because you were left waiting so long! If I concieved this cycle, my due date would be June 1st based on my lmp, so *maybe* we'll only be about two weeks apart! Do you know when your first appointment will be?

Oh, Pie, I REALLY hope they take your offer! If not, then maybe it was meant to be, and you'll end up finding a place you love even more. :flower:

Harley, I love the Pacific Northwest! If it weren't for the fact that all of our family is here in Utah, I'd move there in a heartbeat. Any news today about getting an ultrasound? Are you still bleeding?

Last night I had a metallic taste in my mouth and thought that my gums must be bleeding, but they weren't. I know thats a good sign, so now I'm even MORE impatient to test!

Also, where's Skadi? Haven't heard from her in awhile.

Oh, Pez, that is so exciting! That put a smile on my face this morning! :) Wooo!

After shedding some more tears last night and finally being able to tell myself that I'm no longer pregnant, I decided I don't really need a doctor to tell me the bad news. I did another of the same HPTs this morning with FMU and the line was just as faint as it was a week and a half ago. Plus, I'm still bleeding and all my pregnancy symptoms are gone. I'm still sad, but starting to accept it more. I'm just ready to move on at this point. I suppose I'll still go to the appointment today, but I'll cancel the one at the mat clinic.

But, seriously, Pez! Sooooo happy for you! And really crossing my fingers that Spiffy will get a BFP too and that Pie will get that house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->