anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Harley, don't give up yet! There are a lot of women who have bleeding in early pregnancy and their babies are just fine! You might just have placenta previa or a subchoriontic hematoma, both of which can cause bleeding and neither of which will hurt the baby. If you haven't had a lot of painful cramps, I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. I'm glad you're still going to your appointment today and I hope you get good news. Of course, I'm also not trying to give you false hope or anything, I just don't want you to lose hope until you know for sure, and I just think it's too soon to be positive that you've lost the pregnancy. Also, because of the Hook Effect, hpts are unreliable indicators of HCG because they're only meant to pick up certain levels, and once your levels rise past that point, the line starts to get lighter again. If you take another test, try diluting your urine and see if the line is darker.

Hmm yeah I wonder where skadi is too!

Spiffy - I would love for this to be your month too, we'd be due really close together :) Keeping everything crossed for you!

And Harley - I'm so sorry you are going through all of that. It must be really awful. I'm trying to stay positive for you though - and hopefully your scan will surprise you with some good news! I remember panicing when I was pregnant with Harrison as I had a few weeks in the beginning where I was so symptom-less that I didn't feel pregnant at all, it can be strange like that sometimes I think? I hope you find out soon so your mind can be put at rest about it all xxx

Omg Pez! Congrats
Harley I hope everything is ok sweety :flow:

Harley don't give up just yet, as spiffy says there are a number of reasons for bleeding during pregnancy. I really hope you get good news at the doctor's appointment :hugs:

Thanks ladies :flower: At the moment we're still waiting. The vendors of the house we want are bidding for the one they want. They wanted a higher offer from a potential buyer i.e. us, but they will accept our offer IF they can get the one they want with the money we're offering :wacko: Sorry if that sounds complicated! As far as I know negotiations are going on with them at the minute so we just have to wait. Driving me nuts though! I just want to know one way or the other, if it's a no that's fine we'll be able to move on. What's for me won't go past me as my mum always says :flower:

Thanks, guys. :) We are leaving for the appointment soon, so I will have some sort of news later.

Pie, I've seen enough TV shows about buying/selling homes to understand the situation you're in. lol Horrible to have to play the waiting game like that, but I'm sure you will end up with an awesome house one way or another!

Okay, so I had my blood drawn again today, and I will hear from the doctor tomorrow as to whether my hcg levels are rising or dropping. I also have an ultrasound booked for Friday morning. So, still just waiting I guess.

The doctor seemed 100% sure it was a mc, and then she was asking me what I want to do, and I was like, "Uh, well, I understand that is likely the case, but I would like to have a clear answer so I can know for sure one way or another." That is why she sent me to have my blood drawn again.

If I remember correctly, my levels from Monday were 145. Does that sound right? She said it was consistent with being between 4-6 weeks. So once we know what the levels were today, it will be pretty clear what is going on. I'm looking forward to knowing for sure and being able to move on to either celebrating or trying again.

ETA: My husband has been awesome through all of this. Love him so much! He's been very understanding, and will hold me when I feel like crying. He's currently doing the dishes and then is going to make steak for dinner! <3

Harley I'm glad you'll know one way or the other by Friday. I think not knowing would be the hardest. I can't believe the doctor was asking what you want to do about it...with even being sure that it is a miscarriage! That seems very insensitive and unprofessional to me.

I'm praying for you. :hugs:

Yeah, I was confused by her question. She was like, "Do you want me to examine you, see if your cervix is open?" And kind of shrugged like she was saying "I don't know." I just thought, "Really? Aren't you the doctor?"

She actually did say she was sorry for me, and she seemed sincere. But she did seem unprofessional in the sense that she didn't really seem confident in choosing a course of action. And the fact that she said she'd have her assistant call to schedule an u/s on Tuesday and then they weren't even in the office that day.

Anyway, things are actually happening now. It will be really nice to know for sure soon!

So glad you'll know by Friday, Harley :hugs: Still thinking of you :flow:

Well it is official - I am pregnant! I got my BFP this morning! I must have ovulated a lot later than I thought and the spotting must have been implantation. Reality is kicking in now - it really is happening again, lol. :) :) :)

Wow, yay! :happydance: Congratulations, Pez!! :flower:

Very glad you'll know soon Harley, she does sound a bit unprofessional though it must be said. Maybe she thought you might like confirmation with an examination? In any case I wouldn't want an examination myself, your body will take care of the situation, whether that be make sure bean is safe or otherwise.

Your husband sounds awesome, you must be feeling so confused and sad :hugs: Praying for you.

Have you heard back about your blood work yet, Harley?

Well, I did the unthinkable and actually tested last night...at 5 dpo. :dohh: I knew full well it would be a bfn, but I was getting the POAS itch so badly that I couldn't help myself. Now that I've scratched the itch, I should be able to hold out until at least 8 dpo. (I have two cheapies left, so I told myself I can test early this month as long as I don't use my frers). I know it may sound crazy, but I just know I'm pregnant this time...I just need a bfp to prove it! :haha:

I finally heard from the doctor, and it has been confirmed as a miscarriage. My hCG was down to 30 yesterday. I wasn't really surprised by the news and have managed to stay tear-free today, so that's good. I'm currently drinking regular coffee instead of decaf and I plan on having a bit of alcohol once Ozzy goes to bed tonight! :)

However, I am still having the u/s tomorrow. The doctor suggested I still go, but to be honest, I'm not really sure what to expect. Has anyone been to an u/s after a similar situation? What will they be looking for? Is there even a chance the sac or anything is still there, or will that have already passed along with all the bleeding I did? The bleeding has mostly stopped now, btw, which is kinda nice. Starting to feel "normal" again. :)

Spiffy, it's funny you mention feeling like you just know you're pregnant. I never really felt that way this pregnancy... I never really got to that point where I could fully embrace it. I thought this would help me deal with the loss, but somehow it just kind of complicated the grief even more. But I've had enough time now while waiting for confirmation that I've been able to get on with the healing process. I'm not exactly "over it", but I feel pretty far along in the healing process already. God is good, and I know He has an amazing plan for our family. I'm going to continue to trust Him in this.

Harley, I'm so sorry. I was hoping that maybe things would somehow turn out okay, but maybe it's best that you had already prepared yourself for this. I know what you mean about the complicated feelings because you never felt that pregnant. I had a chemical last May, and I had gotten a faint positive on the same day I started bleeding. I had super intense cramps and had passed a few large clots, so I knew it was a miscarriage, but it was hard because I'd only just found out I was pregnant. I had a few bad days where I would cry at any mention of it and didn't want to eat, but then I was able to start thinking about getting pregnant again, and it began to get easier. Had you told anyone about this pregnancy yet?

I had told my brother and SIL and two friends from church who just had a baby in July. And my husband told his best friend/coworker because he needed someone to talk to about it (and I was totally fine with that; I'm friends with him too). I'm glad I told my brother and his wife because they just experienced a miscarriage about a year or so ago. I've been chatting with her on facebook, and she's been really supportive and is helping answer some of my questions. I just told my mom on the phone tonight about the whole thing. I hadn't told her anything up till now because I thought she was out of town. Anyway, she has also had a miscarriage one time, so we cried together and she offered some words of wisdom but mostly just good ol' mom comforting. :)

I am very thankful for all of you here in this thread too. I'm honestly not sure how anyone could go through something like this without having someone to talk to about it. Thank you all for being so supportive and praying for and thinking of me! I'm looking forward to starting to TTC again once I get the all clear.

Harley I am so sorry that things turned out like this in the end, I was really really rooting for you. You sound as though you are being incredibly strong about the whole ordeal and you seem to have a good support network which is good. I hope everything goes okay at the US tomorrow, sending you lots of positive thoughts to get you through this xxx

Spiffy - I really do hope that this is your month too - I'm looking forward to the results of your next test already :) :)

Harley I'm so sorry it's confirmed as a miscarriage :hugs: I understand what you mean about the grief being complicated. Really hope you can come to terms with it and get back to TTC when you feel at peace with everything.

I'm so sorry, Harley :hugs: With 2 of my MC's I had scans and saw nothing, not even a sac... At one they took a look at my ovaries (internal scan) and didn't seem to spot a problem.

I'm glad you can at last begin to move on now though, and grief as you will and move on to the next process when you're both good and ready... :flow:

I'm glad that you have family members to support you right now, Harley. Sometimes it's just really nice to cry with someone who understands. We're here for you whenever you needs us, but a real hug beats a virtual one any day. :hugs: I hope you guys fall pregnant right after this (if you doctor says your clear to TTC of course).

Thanks, Pez! I think I'll use another of my cheapie tests tomorrow since I'll be 8 dpo, and that's at least not insanely early. :blush: How are you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->