anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Yay for more tests! Haha! Btw, I totally have done the whole rummaging though the cupboards looking for hidden tests thing before.

More good news, to help keep things positive... My hcg is back to zero, so I'm good to go! So glad I don't need a D&C or even another u/s. Daniel and I talked it over last night, and I think we're going to NTNP for a month or two before TTC full swing again. As much as I'm ready to be pregnant again, I think it'd be nice to have some "time off" from tracking and testing and all of that for a little while. I might chart my BBT just to get back into the habit and to have the info for the future, but I'm going to try my best not to obsess over it or worry about DTD at the exact right time.

Harley, I'm glad you're all clear now. I'm going to try to do a mix of TTC and NTNP this month, meaning I won't be temping and I'll try my absolute best not to symptom spot, but I know I'll end up testing (I'm not kidding myself there) and I did tell my DH that we're having sex every day from the end of my period until a day after I ovulate (thank goodness I get obvious ovulation cramps, so I won't have to track anything). That way we're sure to have plenty of spermies waiting without the stress of worrying about whether I missed any fertile days. Plus, DH isn't complaining... :haha:

so sorry about af spiffy :( my dads birthday is june 28 :) i BET dh doesnt mind at all :haha:

harley- hope you get the job! you sound very positive about everything :hugs:

Oh Spiffy yuck about AF *Hugs*

I'm feeling extra broody today. Blah.

So sorry about your AF coming Spiffy, it must feel awful to have been just so convinced and then her come rear her ugly face. Glad you seem more optimistic about things in later posts though. Good luck this round and enjoy the baby-making! :)

That's great news about your levels though Harley. Enjoy a chilled couple of months NTNP - I think you both have the right idea there. Have you heard anything more about your job interview yet?

Earthmama, how is it with you? Any more cramping? Are you going to test soon?

I haven't heard anything yet. I expect to hear sometime early next week. How are things with you, Pez? I can't remember, do you have any scans scheduled yet?

So, while I am being optimistic and am trying to look on the bright side, I just want to say something about how I'm handling the mc overall. It's still really hard sometimes. It totally sneaks up on me. One minute I'll be completely fine, the next I'm fighting back tears. Not as often as before, but it still happens. I don't say this to try and get any kind of sympathy or pity, I just know that I have a tendency to act like everything is perfect (especially online where I can be typing happy words while crying and no one would know) when I really am still healing. I seem really strong, but I'm actually just really good at hiding my weaknesses. I really feel like if everyone was more honest about their feeling and not afraid to make feel people uncomfortable by sharing their emotions, then it would be easier for people to open up and ultimately help in their healing.

BUT, I don't want any of you pregnant ladies to hold back from sharing good news and keeping us all updated on how everything is going! I'm so stoked for these babies! New life is always a blessing, and hearing about you and your pregnancies really does put a smile on my face. :)

Excited for you, Earthmama! Hoping you get a bfp soon!

Thanks, Skadi and Pez. :flower:

Harley, thanks for being open and honest about how you feel. I felt the same way after my chemical pregnancy. I would be feeling just fine, and then suddenly I'd just be crying. I felt bad for my husband, because he wanted desperately to help, but had no idea how to. It was especially hard for me because it was my firt pregnancy, and I was scared that maybe there was something wrong with me and I wouldn't be able to sustain a pregnancy. Of course that wasn't the case, but there was just a lot of emotions going on, and it was hard to know how to deal with them. Also, there was that part of me that thought, "Even though this baby wasn't here for very long, he or she still deserves to be grieved, and if I don't do it, who will?"

My thoughts are still with you. :hugs:

harley- i wouldnt expect you would be healed yet hun. my 1st and 2nd pregnancies were mc. and even though it was 14 years ago i still tear up if i sit and think about it. it does give me comfort to look at my oldest dd. she is such an amazing blessing, and i wouldnt have her if my other babies would have made it. my first pregnancy i lost at 8 wks and got pregnant with the second 3 months later. i lost that one at 7 wks. 3 months later i got pregnant with my oldest. i was so scared of mcing her that i wasnt able to enjoy most of my pregnancy with her. i regret not relaxing more and enjoying it.

i can honestly say there will come a time when your joy to be reunited with your LO in heaven one day will outweigh the sadness you feel now. :hugs:

Harley - thank you for being so open and honest with us all. I have fortunately never experienced a MC so I cannot pretend to come close to understanding exactly what you are going through but despite you saying that you do not want to get sympathy/pity that is exactly what I feel for you right now after reading your post. I think you are very right about people opening up more leading to more efficient healing. You should always feel comfortable enough to post here about how you are coping and feeling about it all. I hope that with time you are able to draw strength from the experience and that you do not feel too low for too long xx

We are doing okay here, we all seem to be over our tummy bugs which is a great relief. Harrison just has a sore throat now, bless him, I feel so sorry for him but it has made his cries/voice sound super cute - mean of me to say, I know. As for the pregnancy, I'm having zero symptoms which is really worrying me. But I can remember feeling the same with Harrison so who knows. 12 weeks is a long time to wait for a scan and to know everything is okay...

Pez, how many weeks are you now? Oh and just be glad you get a standard 12 week scan, because, unless something goes wrong, we have to wait until 20 weeks. I know some US doctors do an earlier one, though, and since I'm switching OBs next time, I hope I get one of those! As for your symptoms (or lack thereof) I'm sure everything is fine. I didn't get a lot of symptoms early on either.

Well, remember how last month I said AF was kicking me around because I had a heavy 6 day period? Well, last night my period ended, just stopped completely like someone turned off a faucet, meaning it didn't even last a full 2 days! :confused:

Hi ladies, sorry I've been missing this last week, we went away for a week to the Isle of Wight, me, my DH, Noah and my mum. We had a lovely week but I have to admit to being glad at being home cos it messed up Noah's sleep! He's never slept anywhere overnight except his own home so I think it was a bit of a shock to him. A bit like having a newborn again. Zzz. Thankfully now we're back to normal and he went straight back to his 11 ish hours.

So news from me - we didn't get the house. They messed us around for two weeks without an answer yes or no so eventually I said I wanted an answer by the end of play yesterday or we would withdraw the offer. They tried to keep us hanging around with stupid excuses again so I said no I'm fed up of this now, no answer, offer goes. So the offer was withdrawn.

I'm slightly disappointed but after all that I had kind of stopped caring. We have a strong suspicion that they were using us, either to incite a bidding war when other interested parties came along, or to have us as a fallback option. And that's not fair. I said we're a growing family and we don't have time for this nonsense. I would never treat people like that. So I'm glad it's done. The search continues!

I'm mid cycle at the minute and have no idea if I've ovulated or not. I'm hoping not cos what with being away with my mum and Noah in an adjoining room DTD was not going to happen! Mum did make me laugh though, she's so eager for another grandchild she tried to talk me into DTD :haha:

So stuff to catch up on... Spiffy so sorry AF turned up, although that does sound odd about finishing early. Did it seem like a normal period?

Glad you're all feeling better Pez, I remember how long it seemed to have to wait for a scan as well! I found out super early as well so it felt like an interminable wait. I didn't have much in the way of symptoms either so try not to worry :hugs:

Harley I'm glad your hcg is back to normal and please say whatever you feel you need to on here :hugs: It is going to take a while to grieve and that's not a bad thing. Your little bean in heaven deserves that. It sounds like NTNP for a couple of months would be good for you. Thinking of you :flower:

How are things with you blessed? Any signs of cycles coming back?

Skadi how are you doing? And chez how are things?

I'm really sorry about the house Pielette, although in the circumstances I think we would have done the same, if they were messing you around this much from the outset then the entire process could have been a complete nightmare!

Spiffy - My LMP puts me at 8.5 weeks, which is what the midwives will go on here. However, I know that I ovulated a lot later than this so I think realistically I am probably 6.5-7.5. The first scan will hopefully give me a better idea.
That's a really odd AF, could there be any chance at all of it being implantation? Or was it quite heavy? Maybe things are still settling after your little one?

How is everyone else?

I took a pregnancy test today and something weird happened...I saw a positive line appear, then disappear, and the negative line was REALLY REALLY faint...like I had to squint to see it. So to me I feel like this was inconclusive. My urine was kind of diluted and it is still pretty early for me to test...I guess I'm just going to have to wait longer.

Hey, Pie! :hi: I had to laugh at your mum trying to talk you into DTD! :haha: Sorry to hear about not getting the house though. DF and I have seen a few we'd love to buy and make our own, but we're not in the position to do that atm. We're still stuck at my parents actually, still waiting on a house...

Sorry AF is messing you about, Spiffy. :hugs:

EarthMama, that is actually really weird! Seems these tests want to play with everyones minds, as of late. No fair! :wacko: The waiting is awful but I hope you get your answer soon... :baby:

Things are going well with me, ladies. I'm 16w today which seems to have flown since we told everyone. I have 4 weeks until my next scan it just makes me impatient, but of course - excited. :happydance:

Pez, it was pretty heavy, so I doubt it was implantation, but because it was so short and my breasts are still bigger than usual, I'll probably just use an internet cheapie test when they arrive to settle my curiosity. And because...well, I'm a test addict. :blush: I'm expecting it to be negative though, because my temperature is back to pre-ovulation temps.

It will be nice when you can get that scan and find out how far along you are, Pez! I know that would drive me crazy, wondering when my real due date was. But at least the doctors think you're farther along so you get your scan sooner. :winkwink:

Pie, sorry you didn't get the house, but I agree with everyone else. We probably would have bagged it, too, after being treated that way for so long. I hope you find an even better house soon! :flower:

Earthmama, I'm sorry you had to deal with such an ambiguous test! Hopefully the next one is just an obvious bfp!

Chez, I bet you can't wait to find out what gender your second bean is! :)

I really, really can't wait! :happydance: I'm more impatient this time...

Obviously we'll be happy either way but we'd love a boy at some point... :winkwink:

We'd like a boy at some point too. The funny thing is, my DH actually wants our second to be another girl. He said that if Alia is going to have a playmate close in age, he'd rather her have a sister. I was surprised, because I just assumed he'd just want our second to be a boy.

Sorry about the house Pie, that is terrible of them!

Nothing new here... we've amped up the NP part of NT to a whole 2 times this cycle... too bad the timing it totally off. Oh well. Next month!

I don't care if its a boy or girl. I'd like a boy because I already have a girl, but I'd like a girl because I already have girl stuff PLUS a girl name picked out. (Ava Elizabeth... pretty! Plus it sounds good with Keira Loris. Perfect sister names.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->