anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

That's a beautiful name Skadi! I hope you get another girl someday so you can use it. And hey, I've heard multiple stories of women who end up with a bfp after only having sex once that month, so as long as you can hit the right time, it might be enough. :thumbup:

We have our boys name picked out, but there's a few girls names that I like and am not too sure on atm. I'll think about it once we find out baby's gender. We're actually using the boys name as the nickname, and have been for a while so it will be funny if our "girl" has had a boys nickname all along! :haha:

I've spent some time worrying about what people will think or say (behind our backs) about the boys name but now I'm thinking "they're OUR babies, we'll call them what WE like." The name is Dexter John, John after "his" Daddy. DF likes Dexter Morgan and I quite like it too, plus Morgan is a family name on my stepdad's side but I just cannot bring myself to use it because of the TV show Dexter's character is called Dexter Morgan! :blush:

Thanks Spiffy, and thats so true! I'm just pretty sure the timing was off this month. Who knows though, right :)

Chez don't worry about what other people will think! Those who are important to you will come around to it quickly anyway!

Thanks Spiffy, and thats so true! I'm just pretty sure the timing was off this month. Who knows though, right :)

Chez don't worry about what other people will think! Those who are important to you will come around to it quickly anyway!

That's what I'm thinking. :shrug: They're less likely to say something rude once baby is here and has that name for certain. IYKWIM...

I think the show Dexter might actually work in your favor. I think it kind of "revived" that name, just like Twilight revived the name Edward, and changed it from an older man's name to a sexy vampire name. (I'm not a fan or Twilight, by the way, just making an observation). I think the nickname "Dex" is actually really cool. :thumbup:

I love Ava Elizabeth Skadi, that's so pretty.

Chez I LOVE the name Dexter! We can't use it unfortunately cos it's my nephew's middle name, grr.

I have to admit I would love to have a girl this time round, but obviously would be happy to have another boy.

But we have made a decision about children. We're going to be like you blessed :flower: Basically the plan is to NTNP/TTC from now on until we're done having kids :haha: So if we really want another (like now) we're making it more TTC, if we'd rather it was more relaxed and less of a chance, we'll be more careful to avoid fertile days, but won't mind if it happens anyway.

I'm loving this plan cos it means we don't have to use contraception ever again - the Pill messes with my hormones and we both hate condoms, and it's exciting! I love the idea of not knowing when the bubbas will come along, leaving it up to God. After we're done having kids either DH will get the snip or I'll have my tubes tied. That's an argument for another day :haha:

That's exciting Pielette! Me and DH keep going back and forth about it, but that idea has always been on the table, so we'll see I guess. :flower:

Okay, you girls want to hear something weird? So over the past few months, I've had 5 dreams about triplets! (Now, I'm not saying that I think I'm going to have triplets, because I have no family history of multiples, so the odds would be pretty astronomical) but I still think it's pretty strange! Here were the dreams:
1. My friend and I were both in the hospital giving birth to triplets. One of my babies had stopped growing early on, so I gave birth to three babies, but only two lived.
2. I was taking care of triplet babies at home.
3. I was reading on BnB about a lady who thought she was having twins, but there was a third baby at birth, so she ended up with triplets.
4. I found out I was having triplets, but they had to take one of the babies out of my stomach to do surgery and then put it back in. They were then asking me if I understood how risky the pregnancy would be, and I said, "I know. I'll probably have to go in-patient at a hosiptal around 19 weeks."
5. There was a man who was cheating on his wife with a lady who was pregnant with triplets.

How crazy is that? :haha:

Woah, those are some crazy dreams you have there... :winkwink: Almost sounds like the dreams I have. Tbh though, I can't actually remember the last time I rememered a dream I had! Which is weird because with DD, I actually had lots of vivid dreams and at the beginning of this pregnancy I had a few too. I'm just so out-of-it-tired that I can't remember any atm...

I had a handful of triplet dreams when I was expecting DD too, Spiffy! One of them I still remember is I gave birth to triplets in my mothers bed. They pretty much just slipped out. No pain, no pushing. None that I remember, I pretty much just exhaled and they were there! :haha: I didn't even know I was pregnant and then my mom's room appeared to be my hospital room... DF was there and when MIL2B came to visit the triplets were walking and talking in a matter of hours! :wacko: In order they were :blue: :pink: :blue: and we named them Noah, Elsa and George. Now George is not a name I'd actually pick in real-life (not that there's anything wrong with it, I just have the names I like picked out) but the reference comes from a mutual friend of ours who (himself) takes the glory of being the reason DF and I got together. It's his surname and he told us if we ever had kids to name one after him!! :dohh:

ETA: Sorry, I got carried away with my ramblings there! :haha:

:haha: Wouldn't it be nice if babies just slipped out in real life? That's a crazy dream! I've also had a few dreams where Alia was just suddenly walking and talking, but of course it seemed totally normal in the dream.

Oh my, Spiffy, those are some crazy dreams! So strange to have that many dreams about triplets. They say that if you dream about having a girl you will have a boy and vice versa, but I have no idea what the 'old wives' say about triplets!

Chez, I think Dexter is a great name. And if you need any support from someone who has been there, just hit me up. My son's name is Ozymandias Lovecraft for crying out loud. You think I didn't get questions about that one?! I always introduce him as Ozzy now so as to avoid hearing the same questions/criticisms over and over again. My philosophy on sharing name choices while I was pregnant was always, "I'd rather have you say it to my face now rather than behind my back after baby is born." But that's just me. I understand some folks want to keep it a secret for lots of reasons. Drives me batty when they do because I just want to know already, but I try not to complain. :)

Wow crazy triplet dreams! Ah how nice would that be if they just slipped out. Still, we'd have less to lord it over men on how strong we are and how they could never handle it :haha:

Yeah, Harley, I have no clue what triplets in a dream are supposed to mean. :shrug: Okay, now I have to ask to annoying question that I'm sure everyone asks you...where did you come up with that name? I think it's cool, by the way. :thumbup:

And Pie, for some reason your comment made think of this lady at my church. After she delivered their baby, her husband said, "See that wasn't so hard!" I'm pretty sure she didn't find that too funny... :haha:

Yeah, Harley, I have no clue what triplets in a dream are supposed to mean. :shrug: Okay, now I have to ask to annoying question that I'm sure everyone asks you...where did you come up with that name? I think it's cool, by the way. :thumbup:
Haha! Thanks. Well, rather than writing out the whole story again, I'll just link to a post I made about it a while back. Wish I could just do that in spoken conversation. lol

The main questions I get all the time are, "How do you pronounce his name again?" and of course, "Where did you come up with that?" :D We also get lots of comments like, "Oh, that's unique" or "I've never heard that one before." I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be answering those questions and hearing those comments my whole life. I'm okay with that, and I hope that Ozzy will be someday too. If not, he can just go by "Joe." Ha!

I wondered if "Lovecraft" was from H.P. Lovecraft. :winkwink: Cool, thanks for sharing that with me. As for the comments about names, we get those too. We pronounce our daughter, Alia's name AW-lee-uh instead of Uh-LEE-uh, and people are always saying stuff like, "Oh, that's unique," "How do you spell that?" "Where did that come from?" Usually we just say, oh it's Arabic and it means, "Exalted," but sometimes we fess up and admit that we got it from the book "Dune" by Frank Herbert. So, see, we're geeks too! :thumbup:

People always ask me if I know Keira is an Irish name... which I find kind of funny. Maybe they expected me to name her "Kaneisha" or something. (Ahem her fathers pick for a middle name...shot down a nanosecond after it was offered up.)

People always ask me if I know Keira is an Irish name... which I find kind of funny. Maybe they expected me to name her "Kaneisha" or something. (Ahem her fathers pick for a middle name...shot down a nanosecond after it was offered up.)

:haha:

Don't you love the silly things our men come up with sometimes? We were talking about possible boy names the other day and my husband came up with "Scalth". It was obviously a joke, but it was so bizarre that we just laughed and laughed. If we end up having a boy next, and people ask us what we're naming him, I think we tell them "Scalth" and then save the real name for after he's born, that way, no matter WHAT we name him, people will say, "Oh...GOOD!" :haha:

Haha! Well, I didn't know that Keira was Irish. People are so funny sometimes. One time, when I told a stranger that my son's name was "Ozzy," she asked me who was Australian, me or my husband. And she wasn't even joking.

My husband says he wants to name a boy Mahershalalhashbaz. It's the longest name in the Bible and means "quick to the plunder, swift to the spoil." The scary part is, I'm not even sure he's 100% joking. I have vetoed it, but have said maybe we can name a dog or cat (or better yet, a fish!) that someday. :lol:

hi ladies, sorry i have been MIA lately. been pretty busy with home schholing and preparing for season changes:wacko:

i love the unique names :thumbup: my oldest dd is alyana. its pronounces al-eee-anna. everyone gets it wrong. everyone hated it when i was pregnant with her. my mom tried to talk me out of it and then tried to spell it differently:dohh: she is often called alaina or other varying names. i didnt think it was that unique of a name, but apparently everyone else does :shrug: i like that it means 'eternal bloom' and her middle name irene means 'peace' we usually just call her aly so its not such an issue :)

lol Spiffy that is a great plan!

Blessed... Alaina? Really? I sure hope these people are illiterate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->