anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I think I'm going to try not to test again unless AF is late, because it's getting discouraging. However, my temperature is higher today and my cervix was so high I could barely reach it (it's usually kind of low at this point) so I'm trying to think positive. After all, maybe that temp drop yesterday was implantation...

Pie, that's so exciting that your little monkey is turning 1 already! :happydance:

Rojo, happy 8 months for your little peanut! :)

HAKing, I breastfed my LO until she was 8 weeks old and my first real period came three weeks later. (I say first real period because I had period-like bleeding 4 weeks after she was born, but I'm not sure if that was a period or not).

Happy 8 months to your LO Rojo.

Pie, it's crazy how time files! Almost one already!!!

I had a few weird things happen to me after DS was born so I think my first real period came on March 31st. Actually the day I quit breastfeeding. And I've had one every month just not regularly.

Thanks spiffy cant believe how fast time is going

ETA Thanks Haking :)

Still rootin' for ya Spiffy!

Pielette - big congrats to you all for your LO turning one soon! Do you have anything in particular planned? I haven't decided yet for Harrison :)

And happy 8 months to your LO Rojo! It's such a fun age isn't it :)

I didn't manage to breastfeed Harrison at all - it was my own fault though (I am determined to manage it with next!). Despite formula feeding from pretty much the get-go I didn't get AF for nearly six months! I guess it can just sometimes really vary from person to person.

I haven't posted pictures on here before so I'm not sure if this will work, but here's a few from the photo shoot this weekend by my mum :) We'd all been up all night with a very upset Harrison but that aside I think they came out pretty well :)

Attachments

• harri5B&W.jpg
    harri5B&W.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 6
  • harri8.jpg
    harri8.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 6
  • harri12.jpg
    harri12.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 7
Pez, those are beautiful pictures! You and your family are a good looking bunch! :winkwink: Does Harrison have red hair?

Pez what a lovely family you guys are! Harrison looks so happy :flower:

Thanks ladies! He turns 1 on 29th which is a Monday, so we're having a party for him on the Saturday. We've hired a hall because our fiat is too small and have about 30 people coming. Hope it won't be too much for him! It's only 2 hours though so fingers crossed. Then on his actual birthday we're going to have a family day out but haven't quite decided where yet.

Pezkin, Harrison is adorable! Love the pictures.

Pie, that sounds like fun. I can't wait to start to plan Sam's birthday. I've already started thinking about it as it's his first birthday we want to do something big but obviously nothing crazy as he won't remember it anyway. Are you having any type of theme for his birthday?

Pez those pics are great.. and thank you i am enjoying the 8 month stage again.. :) My daughter is 3 so its fun doing it all again.. :)

I think we will do a theme.. dont know yet.. for my daughters it was ladybugs/butterflies cuz its july 31st... not sure on his its the day after valentines day.. My dh's bday is the 13th, then vday, then bryces.. too much in one week lol.. waiting to see what he likes at the time i guess..

How is everyone's christmas shopping going.. :) Im hoping to finish up this weekend.. baked some cookies to freeze today... getting sorted before it becomes overwhelming :)

Yikes! Christmas shopping. I can't even begin to think about that LOL. Christmas for us this year is going to be hectic. I suppose I should start early with shopping but I just can't get into the mood lately. We have 90+ degree weather still so it doesn't even feel like fall yet. Makes me sad! :growlmad:

pez- gorgeous family! :hugs:

spiffy- thats weird about the disappearing/reappearing line :shrug: with af still 3 days away, you still got a great shot!

has anyone used softcups and preseed? i got bfp's with 3 of mine using those. very first months with each of them :thumbup:

here is a website for them:

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/softcup.html

they are also sold at walmart here and walgreens. and other drugstores

they are supposed to be used for your af, but women have started using them to ttc. they look scary big at first but you cant really feel them once they are in place. i havent ever used them for af so dont know how well they work for that. when using them for ttc you just put one in after dtd and you can leave it for 12 hrs. ALL the sperm then go in the cervix. you dont even have to stay laying down. it keeps them right next to the cervix. when you take it out everything is gone! you can also, ahem, have him deposit in the cup and then insert it. some women have a preference. i tried it both ways but either was ok for me. you can put preseed in the cup too to give them a boost. i bought one box and still have a buch left cuz i got preggo the same month using them, twice. the 3rd time i only used one for a short time durng fertile window and still got preggo lol

Thanks for that info, Blessed. If this month ends in AF, we might have to give that a try. :)

Spiffy, that's weird about your disappearing positive. Not sure what's going on there. I don't keep my tests after the 10 minutes is up since the box says the results are void after that. I just take a picture and keep looking at that over an over. Heh.

I like to think that Daniel and I won't get too exhausted from having sex every other night. It certainly isn't our norm, but I wouldn't mind if it was. He's the one who tends to say he's too tired.

Pie, I hope the birthday party is really fun! Take lots of pictures!

lilrojo, 8 months is such a fun age. So many new, fun thing happening and their little personality starting to show more and more. Enjoy it! And oh my... Christmas shopping. I'm trying to do a little bit here and there instead of leaving it all to the last minute (we kind of did that last year, and it sucked; the stores are all so busy). I'm also trying to make some things... gotta get on that soon.

Pez, I love those pictures! What a beautiful, happy little family, and Harrison is stinkin' cute! We have an outdoor photo session scheduled for the end of the month, so maybe I'll be able to post a few photos then.

So, I went out today and I got OPKs, HPTs, vitamin B complex and Softcups! Turns out my pretnatal vitamins have very small amounts of all the B vitamins compared to the B50 pills. I might just take the B50 for now and save the prenatals for when I'm actually pregnant. I also take calcium/magnesium and vitamin C every day (I don't get enough dairy in my diet, hence the calcium/magnesium). Anyway, I'm going to try the Softcups for the last few days of my period to get the hang of putting them in and taking them out and then maybe give them a try after sex when I get close to ovulation. I'll let you all know what I think of them once I have formed an opinion!

Phew! Long post. I'm done now. :)

IF (still hope!) this isn't it, Spiffy... What was it, 4th month lucky for DF and I? :shrug: (I think!) That was without BFing, I only did about 10days because it was OUCHIE and making me miserable... :cry: Speaking of which, I will be giving it a good go again with this LO! Sort of went off topic there... :dohh:

How long did it take for your cycles to go back to normal after BFing? I stopped when DS was 4 months and it seems to be taking a long time. Though we did have a few stressful months and I think that didn't help me regulate. :growlmad:

Well, because I only BF'd for around 10 days it was back to normal right after my PP bleed. I bled on and off for 4 weeks after DD and then about 30 days after, I got my first AF bleed, then 30 days after that like clockwork until we made this LO. :flower:

(Here's a bit of a back story)
It's refreshing for me because with my ex. we had major trouble TTC. I fell pregnant 5 months after NTNP and that ended in MC at 6weeks. I fell pregnant again 3 months later and that ended in MC at 6w. I fell pregnant for the 3rd time in the same year - 3 months after the last loss, that also ended in MC at 6w... We didn't concieve at all then until 3 years later, which also ended in MC at 8w. We split up not long after that and were due to have tests done the week after our split but I didn't want to go (alone) at the time. Great news at the end of all the heartache is; DF and I seem to be super-compatible in our baby-making. :cloud9:

My God chez you really have been through it, so glad you got your rainbow babies :cloud9: Guess it goes to show that some people are more suited to each other! By the way how far away are you from your scan? Can't be long now?

Thanks ladies, no we haven't done a theme or anything, I just wanted all the people who love him in the same room :flower: Going to get him a cake naturally and next week we're going shopping for the day to get him pressies. No idea what we're going to get yet but we're going to hit Hamley's in London, can't wait!

Spiffy how are you doing? Are you waiting a bit before you test again?

Wow Harley you're prepared! I've got my fertility monitor and the thermometer on the go, and commencing SMEP tomorrow :haha: I'm determined to make it happen this cycle!

At the end of it all, it goes to show, everything happens for a reason... :cloud9:

6 SLEEPS LEFT! :happydance: We're off to the zoo tomorrow too... :D

chez :hugs: i had 2 mc before any of my children i have. i lost the first and got pregnant 3 months later, then lost that one. got pregnant with my oldest 3 months later. its really hard to have back to back mc's :nope:

pie- sounds like its gonna be a fun bday!!!!!

harley- just to note, it might be different right after af is done and when ovulating. i did the same and practiced with the softcups. your cervix is lower and firm before you gear up to ovulate so for me it was more uncomfortable than when i actually used it during ovulation. it was harder to get in and out and just felt funny. while using it during ovulation your cervix will be higher and soft, and for me it went in easier and wasnt uncomfortable at all. just wanted to say that so if it feels funny dont be discouraged to not use them during ov. it was completely different for me :flower:

Thanks for all your lovely comments about my pics, guys :) :) Harley I am looking forward to seeing yours too! I love baby pictures.

Spiffy his hair is so very lightly tinted red but is mainly brown/aubern like mine - I think my mum may have tweaked the colours a little as he does look a lot more red in them :)

Wow Pielette - that sounds like a wonderful first birthday! Hope he enjoys it and gets spoilt rotten :)

And wow Chez, you really have been through the works. I'm so glad that after all of that everything has worked out so wonderfully for you and not only do you have your dear LO but another on the way. A real blessing!

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow. I'm very nervous as I have been spotting this last week, just brown old blood over the weekend which I wasn't too worried about but a lighter pink blood tonight - not very much at all though and no cramping. I'm looking forward to knowing for sure that everything is okay!

Harley, you sound super prepared for this cylce! I told my DH that we're trying softcups next cycle too if I get AF on Thursday. (Thanks for the warning about the difference between period and ovulation, Blessed :flower:)

Pie, Are you going to let your LO have at the cake? I have a picture of me on my first birthday with chocolate cake all over my face. :haha:

Chez, I'm so sorry to hear about all of your MC. I'm so glad that you and your DF are so well suited to each other. :)

Pez, I hope everything is fine at your scan tomorrow! I had spotting during the first trimester, but it was just from an irritated cervix, so I'm sure your bubs is fine. :flower:

I broke down and tested today :dohh: and it was a bfn again. My temperature stayed up today, when it usually is dropping pretty drastically at this point, and I also had some acid reflux this morning (which I had while I was pregnant) so I had to test so that I didn't get my hopes up too much. I'm still hopeful, but I'm prepping myself for AF so I don't get crushed. But I'm really hoping that temp dip I had at 10 dpo was implantation, because it was pretty out of the norm (I always get a temp dip at 6 dpo, but not a second one). If that was implantation, then two days after *might* still be too early to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->