anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Can't wait to hear about your next test, Spiffy! It's looking good... :flower:

Aww, Pie :hugs: It's totally understandable to feel low atm... Wanting those things so much when it's not quite happening yet is so, so hard! I'm glad you and DH talked it out though, maybe he'll take into account why it's bothering you now, and why you need that something right now - just one or the other, until both are there and everything is perfect again for your future-growing family.

I sort if know the frustration you're feeling on the house front. I'm feeling quite low, still being stuck at my parents' place with DD, DF and another one on the way. It just doesn't feel like we're our own little family because we have no time to ourselves at all! My mom doesn't work, or go anywhere. So she's here all day, everyday. DF has the weekends off and so does my stepdad so there's my parents AND us at home. We've had ONE day and night to ourselves since DD was born and are due another one next month when they go to a concert. I cannot wait! :happydance:

The situation is, I didn't have a job before getting pregnant (was looking) so we are waiting for a council house as the rent is cheaper and with just DF working, we can't afford private rent. Just thought that might help with understanding why we still have nowhere.

Thanks chez, I really appreciate that, it's nice to know other people understand :flower: That must be really hard to have your parents around so much - not that you don't love them of course, it's just you need your own space as a family. How long will it be until you can get somewhere through the council?

Yeah we did talk it out, there's another issue of him wanting to make his family approve of what we buy, whereas I don't think it's any of their business. They've harped on about how we made a mistake buying our flat, which I disagree with, we weren't to know that the market was going to collapse. It's fine for a couple, just not for having children in. They're always sticking their noses in and I hate feeling like they're his priority and not me and Noah.

I do feel better because I told him all of this, I'm bad sometimes because I bottle things up and go silent it I have let him have it this time! And he knows and he gets it.

Aaah, DF's a bit like that with his mum. I have no idea how long it will be :( I have my local councillor looking into it for us and still no word. They keep fobbing me off when I call...

It's frustrating, so I do feel for you. I can understand your DH wanting somewhere to be perfect but isn't that the point of finding something and making it your own? Of course you weren't to know the current market issues or that you would have a family by now. I hope you find somewhere you both love soon, or at least somewhere he can grow to love after making it a home, seeing as he has such high hopes. :hugs:

Let's hope you get some good timed babydancing in this try, after missing last night! Hey, maybe a BFP would make him shift his behind into gear... I mean that in a light-hearted way, btw! :flower:

In other (TMI) news: :blush: I just went sick on myself changing DD's nappy... :haha: Well done, my weak, pregnant stomach... :dohh:

Aw, Pie I'm so sorry about the disagreement. I can be hard looking for a new place while having all kinds of other things going on too. Sometimes I feel the same way...We just bought a house in another state and fixed it up how we wanted it and then DH landed a job back in California so we used all our money to move and now have to wait until the new year to buy a house. :cry: We are living with DH parents and I really do HATE it...it is horrible to say but going from having our own place to living in his parents house sucks. I am grateful for the help but it just isn't our own. :nope:

I just try to stay positive and know things will get better...though its sometimes easier said than done! :wacko:

I hope that you can get back on track BDing this month...its still early so hopefully you'll still catch the egg!

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes...yes, it was yesterday. It was a good day even though I had to work. My best friend (also my boss) took me out to lunch and just had girl time and then DH and Sam came to pick me up from work to eat dinner. It wasn't anything fancy but just so nice to spend the night with my little family. :cloud9:

Spiffy, did you test this morning??? FX the line gets darker! :hugs:

I hope everyone else is doing well...anything exciting going on this weekend?

Hello ladies..

Spiffy that test is looking good.. i can see a line.. hope its nice and dark today :)

Not much happening for me today.. af due tomorrow and i dont get to have any peeing fun lol.. 2 months left.. how will i make it :/

Pie sorry your feeling down hope something great happens for you soon.. either bfp or your hubby moving his butt on a house..

Were going to a Halloween Party this saturday.. about it for us.. oh and im finishing up christmas shopping for my kids on saturday morning.. :)

That sounds like fun Rojo, I can't wait to start Christmas shopping but having a hard time getting into the spirit with the hot weather still.

What are you dressing up as for the party?

Only 2 more months, hopefully it will go by quick with all the holiday crazy-ness! :hugs:

My weekend will consist of wishing the days away :haha: My 20w scan is on Monday! :happydance: We have no plans and I'm quite pleased because I am wiped out... DF promised me a lie-in last w/e but I was wide-awake so I got up. Hoping he offers me again this w/e. He will if I say I'm tired anyway. He's great like that, even though he works all week! :cloud9:

I might do some online Christmas shopping too... I've been (online) window shopping for a while now. :blush: So far we've got one of DD's gifts, it's a Stroll & Play Walker. She already has the doll to go in it and then we're just going to get her a few bits and bobs as she's so young this year to understand what's going on. We've got DF's neice a Skoot Ride-On Suitcase, I know it sounds random but we thought it'd come in handy for when she stays over at her grandparents houses, or maybe pop a picnic in there. I wanted to get her something no one else would think of and I'd love one for DD but she's much too little. :shrug: DF's family have decided they're only buying for the LO's this year which I am actually thrilled by. Obviously we're getting his mum something but us, his brothers and their OH's are only getting for the LO's. I'm only glad because I find it so hard picking out gifts for adults! :dohh:

Chez, that is so super exciting about the scan on Monday!!! Hope the days go quick for you! :flower:

Aw thank you ladies, you've cheered me up a bit :flower: Don't know what I'd do without this group sometimes!

Haha chez I've actually had the thought that if I were to fall pregnant soon it might fire a rocket up his bum, cos there is no way I'm carting two babies up and down these flipping stairs :haha: If I do get pregnant he's got a ticking deadline!

Chez so exciting! Can't wait to hear what you're having!

I bet the two months will go quicker than you think lilrojo. I can't believe I'm typing on here about chez's 20 week scan :haha: Fingers crossed it goes quickly with lots of parties and fun stuff :flower:

Oh my God HAKing, I haven't even begun to think about Xmas shopping! I guess that'll happen after the monkey's birthday.

I'm going out Saturday night for cocktails, one of my mummy friends is having a birthday do. Really looking forward to it! Think I'll be making the most of not being pregnant yet :haha:

Well, the Frer was totally stark white. :(

But my period usually starts first thing in the morning and hasn't yet. I guess I'll just see if the witch shows up later today. If she doesn't, I'll just test every day until I get either AF or a bfp. But I got a huge temp drop this morning, so I'm fearing the worst... :cry:

Pie, I'm sorry about the house situation. I understand how you feel, because my DH has already said that we won't be in our "nice" home for at least aqnother 6 years. :( And next year we're going to go live with his parents for awhile to save some money to pay off debt.

Chez, I'm looking forward to hearing about your scan!

Lol Pie thats what i have been doing.. making the most out of not being pregnant.. :)

and Haking not sure what i wearing yet... for halloween im dressing at an indian.. lol want to get a little something to wear but not sure yet.. :) will find someething sat i hope or tom.. whenever

ETA: sorry to hear Spiffy.. your not out till the witch shows.. fxed..

Chez cant wait to hear about your scan :) so fun

I can't imagine how hard it must be getting conflicting tests, Spiffy! :hugs: You're not out until she shows though... FX'd!

I'm hoping that temperature this morning was affected by our house temperature, because it was 5 degrees colder in our house than it normally is. I just took my temp right now (I take it periodically throughout the day, because hey...I'm obsessive like that) it was higher than it should be if I was going to be getting my period today, so we'll see. :shrug:

Chez it sounds like you had quite an eventful time at the zoo! What a great idea, I'd love to take Harrison to one. I have an aquarium planned for his birthday, he loves my mum's fish tank so I imagine he will love it there too - at least I hope! Made me smile that it was what your LO enjoyed the most too :)

I'd go a bit crazy if I had to live with my parents/inlaws again - you must be tough to be able to cope. I hope you reach the top of that list soon and find somewhere - private rent is a complete farce - we pay private too, I'd hoped to pop us on a council list when we had LO for somewhere cheaper but we apparently don't qualify, so it's tough, especially when I stop working for this next LO!

And sorry about the sickness changing a nappy, I've been close too, haha!

EZ welcome back! :) I'm sorry you have been so tired too - this first trimester fatigue is wearing me down too, I can't wait to feel a bit better (I keep remembering how awful third trimester was though, lol!)

Pie - they didn't give me an exact one there :( Just said I was between 9-9.5 weeks so I guess I'm due anywhere between 15th-20th May. I'll find out for sure at my next scan on November 9th :)
Also, I am sorry you are feeling down *hugs* moving house can be SO stressful, in fact I am sure I have read it is one of the most stressful things you can do so it is no wonder it is causing a little friction. I hope you both find somewhere you love soon and you can settle into a new home and build your family.

HAKing - Happy Birthday for yesterday - :) :)

Spiffy - I'm still staying optimistic for you - stay strong! Will be checking in to see how you and the testing get on over the next couple of days x

spiff- hope you get that bfp! i saw a line and completely expected to see a pos frer. baffled!!!!:wacko:

oh ladies :nope: my water broke with my first baby really early (26 wks i think) and had all kinds of probs so was put on bedrest and had to quit my job and move back in with my parents. it was a nightmare. i cant stand not having my own space. we were moved back out when dd was 4 months old. promised myself never again!

hope everyone is well. i havent been on for a minute so trying to carch up :brat:

This thread moves too fast for me sometimes. LOL

I tried one of the softcups the other night, and it went in just fine, but a few hours later I thought I felt a leak. Sorry if this is TMI for you guys, but when I took it out, it was far too easy. As in, I barely had to reach in to get it, so I think it had started to kind of slip out. I'm not certain I put it in correctly. I think it might be easier later when my cervix is higher. TBH, I haven't really tracked my cervical position and all that before. I think I need to start feeling it more often at different times in my cycle to get used to what it feels like at those times. So, yeah.

Daniel's parents have offered to let us stay with them if we ever need to, but I have already told Daniel that I am very against it. I really don't think I could live with my MIL. She and I are opposites in a lot of ways. There are enough similarities, but in terms of the way we manage our different households (i.e. cooking, cleaning, etc.) we are not very much alike, and I think that could be incredibly frustrating for both of us (and our DH's might not even notice!). Also, my SIL and her girls had to move in with them for about a month last year, and she told me to avoid moving in with them at all costs! Haha!

Spiffy, so sorry about all the confusing/conflicting signs you are getting. Hope you get an answer soon. (Preferably a BFP!)

And last but not least, happy belated birthday, HAKing! Yay! :happydance:

Thanks, ladies. Still no AF! I'm hopeful, but I really want to see a bfp! At the least, I'll settle for a temperature rise tomorrow. :flower:

Temp went down again, but still no AF today!

TMI moment: This morning I got up and felt that familiar "gush" and thought, "Oh no, AF is here." So I went to the bathroom and when I was wiping it felt exactly like AF, so I was totally shocked when I looked at the tissue and saw that it was just slippery cm! I was SO convinced that it was AF that I didn't even bother saving some of my pee to dip an internet cheapy in. Now I'm a little bummed that I'll have to wait until tomorrow for FMU. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->