anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Aw hello baby! Wow you can see his little face really well! Tell him thank you very much for his dust :flower: Have you had any thoughts on names yet chez?

HAKing you poor thing,stomach bugs are the worst :nope: Sorry to hear its making the rounds at your house. At least as you say your LO is better, I think you can deal with anything as long as the little ones are ok.

Hmm that question made me think rojo... It's actually not really about Noah so much, I always wanted him to have siblings, we were kind of thinking have a bigger age gap of about 3/4 years (still think there are pros and cons to small or big gaps). I think what changed was me - becoming a mum has been the best experience of my life and I just feel so eager to double it.

Our perspective on children has changed now and I want a brood! I would love a house full of kids. I also hate contraception, the Pill does funny things to me and both of us despise condoms so we just decide that we won't ever use contraception again, and once we're done having kids we'll have an argument over who gets sterilised :haha:

Seriously, that will not be me! Honestly after carrying and giving birth to x number of children he thinks I'm having my tubes tied? No chance :haha: His turn then, and if he disagrees with that he can forget sex :haha:

I think I was high on hormones after having DD to want another this soon but always knew we wanted 2 close in age. We did originally plan to use condoms after having her as contraception doesn't agree with me, and we did use them a few times... :haha: Then we had a talk and thought we'd like to NTNP and it happened sooner than we thought but we were (are) over the moon about that! I'd love to NTNP for the rest of our lives but I really would like (need) a break after this LO. This pregnancy hasn't been too hard but it hasn't been enjoyable, like it was with DD... I'd like another/to be pregnant when this LO is 2 years old though! :cloud9: So maybe we'll just try to avoid/use something when I know ov. is coming up... Cross that bridge when we come to it I think.

Pie - We've actually had our boys name picked out from the start... kinda! We love the show Dexter, and had nicknamed this baby Dexter from the start. DF made it no secret that he genuinely loved the name and I finally admitted to him that I really did love it too, and couldn't imagine naming him anything else! So his name will be Dexter John. John after his Daddy. :flower:

Oh yes I think I remember you saying Dexter before! Great name! I'd consider it myself for another boy but my nephew's middle name is Dexter.

Chez, that is such a great picture of your LO! And I love the name Dexter, it is really cute! :thumbup:

Oh, glad to hear Dexter stuck. He's so adorable and it totally looks like he's waving. Hello baby Dex! :hi:

Pie, I hate contracaeption, too. The pill made me all hormonal and crazy, and condoms worked okay, but neither of us were that thrilled with them, so the thought of never dealing with either again, is really nice. If that's what we decide, though I really think that's the route we're heading towards. (Once my husband thinks something is probably the right thing to do, he'll fight it for a little while, but always ends up doing it :winkwink:).

I too dont like condoms, dont mind the pill at all.. but since im not on it and dh aint ready i guess thats our options.. though i think i will work at changing his mind lol.. i find it too hard to ntnp though as i know my cycle just too well.. maybe if i hadnt been tracking it for the last 8 months lol

THanks for all your answers.. i was just curious.. :)

spiffy- i hope you find things to pass the time :flower: whens the next testing date???

Hey, you're not helping, here! Remember, I'm supposed to NOT think about testing and when AF's due, etc! :haha:

lol i thought that right after i sent that to you :haha: :dohh:

chez- he is gorgeous and looooove the name dexter :cloud9:

no af or spotting or nothing today :shrug:

So ladies... Today I was given a date for my elective C-section! To say I was super shocked might be an understatement. I was told we'd discuss this at 25w, and still thought that was early. The consultant wasn't very nice, after my MW had told me she was lovely... She seemed angry that I favoured a repeat C-sec to a VBAC, which of course I expected. It's the fact that she seemed peeved that I wasn't 100% set on what I wanted that upset me. She brought my weight up, obviously! :cry: I was already in an odd mood after waiting almost 90 minutes AFTER my appointment time to be seen, and then being told I had keytones in my urine and having the MW "force-feed" me yucky biscuits! :haha:

I was in the consultant room for 10 minutes, max... After all that wait! :dohh: She said I could change my mind at any time and she would be very happy with that. The MW I seen before the cons. was so nice, I've seen her a couple of times before. She told me to stand my ground on what I want, no one can force me into anything and she knew how nervous I was about everything due to my anxiety.

To cut this (already) long story short, I have an ELCS booked for March 7th IF I choose to take it. If not, we go for a VBAC (or I go into labour before the date) and they won't let me labour long and I will not be induced.

Wow, that's great! (Not that you had a long wait and a consultant who made you feel bad, but that you now have a date!) If all goes to plan, your LO will be born two days before my LO's first birthday. :)

spiffy- i saw your ticker and never put two and two together :dohh: our LO's are very close in age :cloud9:

Wow, I missed one day and I feel so behind. Let me see if I can catch up here...

Rojo, I also want my kids to be close in age. Plus, it took us just over a year to conceive Ozzy, so I was expecting it to take a long time for the second pregnancy as well. It didn't, which is nice to know that it can happen quickly, but here we are trying again. Also, I'm 30, and if it does take a long time for us to get pregnant again, or if we end up wanting lots of kids, I want to leave enough time (i.e. time that I am really fertile) for that to happen.

HAKing, so glad you are feeling better. Sorry the bug is making it's rounds, but at least the whole family wasn't sick all at the same time. That would be the pits.

Spiffy, I'd love to see a picture of the project you're working on when you're done if you don't mind sharing. I dabble in a variety of arts and crafts, so I'm always looking for inspiration. I recently tried to re-teach myself how to knit, but decided to stick with crochet for now. I just finished an owl hat last night (we would call it a toque up here) for my niece for Christmas. It feels so good to actually get a project done.

Blessed, I managed to call the health unit yesterday, and neither of the nurses there knew what I was talking about when I said I was taking B6 for a LPD. They looked up B12 in a big book they had about vitamins and BF/pregnancy. They said B12 is safe while BFing, but that I should stop taking it if I think I might be pregnant. They also recommend I call Motherisk, so I did. The person I spoke to there said B12 wasn't a risk for either BFing or pregnancy. So, I've decided to just take B6 for now since the B50 complex was making me so nauseated and because of the possible risk factor for pregnancy. So now I'm taking prenatals, calcium/magnesium/D3, vitamin C, and an extra folic acid every day. :)

Chez, that picture of Dex makes me so happy! Love the name and the nickname! So fun!

For those who asked when I should know about the job... I wish I knew! Last week they said they should be able to let me know by the middle of this week. Well, it's the middle of this week as far as I'm concerned. It's been a month since my first interview, and I'm starting to go a little crazy over here. If I haven't heard anything by the end of today, then I'm going to start looking for jobs online tonight and then give them a call tomorrow during the day to see where they are at in the decision making process.

harley- i read online a ways back that b-12 helped to prevent early miscarriage :shrug: im glad you found something you are comfortable with. im thankful you mentioned it. the lady at the bf clinic here said there's too much info out there that gets us ladies worked up and it should be fine, but im not taking it anymore. better safe than sorry! :flower:

spiffy- i painted some of my own art work around my house and im sometimes kinda crafty :haha: would love to see it too.

so i had extremely light spotting for 2 days and nothing today :coffee: why does af have to toy with us??? showing up when it shouldnt and not showing when it should :growlmad:

Harley, I can't believe they still haven't let you know about the job, one way or the other. It's just cruel to leave you hanging for a month! I hope you can get a solid answer from them tomorrow.

Blessed, I hope AF shows up already. That's weird that your spotting never lead to anything. What if you actually concieved on your first ovulation and that was implantation bleeding??? :shock:

As for my little art project, sure, I'll take a picture when it's finshed so you can see. I'm not promising anything amazing, though. :haha: I think I'm a pretty decent artist when it comes to pencil and charcoal, but painting is not my strong suit.

well i took my temp yesterday and today and it was really low. if i would have ov it would be a lot higher.

i did take a pregnancy test this morning even though my temp was low just to see:blush: it was neg of course.

im kinda hoping that was the first sign of my cycle and my fertility returns, but im not getting my hopes to high. dont know whats going on. this is the first baby i have bf, all others were ff, so i expected my first af to be really rough. some ladies told me they had really light ones for a while and they think they were anovulatory :brat: if im gonna start having periods i want to ovulate too!!! :growlmad:

harley- i read online a ways back that b-12 helped to prevent early miscarriage :shrug: im glad you found something you are comfortable with. im thankful you mentioned it. the lady at the bf clinic here said there's too much info out there that gets us ladies worked up and it should be fine, but im not taking it anymore. better safe than sorry! :flower:
That's nicer than what the nurse at the health unit told me when I said I'd "read somewhere" that B6 helps with LPD. She said, "Well, there's lots of information on the internet, I mean I could go on there and write that the moon is made of cheese and a lot of people who read it would believe it." :dohh: I felt like explaining myself (that I know my way around the internet and have been to university, thank you very much), but I just agreed and nodded my head over the phone, if you know what I mean. I agree with her sentiment, but I was kind of offended by how she said it.

Spiffy, I'm excited to see it when it's finished!

Also, blessed, I agree. It would suck to have AF without the ovulation. What's the point!?

Harley, I really hope you hear something either way from the job today. A whole month is just pure torture! :growlmad:

Spiffy, I can't wait to see your art project. Every time I feel crafty and have high hopes of something coming out great I am never really happy with it! :wacko: Oh well.

Blessed, that is crazy that you had spotting and still no AF! Hopefully she comes back soon and you O also.

Well, I :think: I'm 1 DPO. I am saying that yesterday was O since I don't temp I can't know for sure. I am not feeling too hopeful this month though. Even DH admitted that we didn't try hard enough this month :cry: I know I still have a chance since but just not feeling too good about our efforts this month. The stupid stomach bug got in the way and wiped out almost 4 good days of BD! :growlmad:

On to the TWW now! hmph! Hope it flies by. :wacko:

well i have confirmed pinkeye.. contagious until 5pm tonight.. yay not much longer.. went to the drs and got antibs so on the mend.. operation clean has been going on.. cleaning everything lol sheets, handles of everything.. dont need anyone else to get it..

AF is almost over.. going to try to sway dh into ntnp lol.. we shall see.. even if its like 5 days before o day..

hope everyone is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->