anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Hey babyhopes! How's it going? :flower:

Harley, I had some mid-cycle spotting last month, but seeing as it came two days before ovulation, I just assumed it was ovulation spotting, although I never took an OPK, so I can't say whether it would have been positive or negative when the spotting happened. :shrug:

good:thumbup:

i had a few suspicious lines on a test :winkwink:

Hey ladies.. operation sway dh has been a 50/50 lol.. he said maybe to starting december instead so we will see if not no big deal.. not too far to go anymore..

Hope you all have a great weekend..

Oooh, babyhopes, that is exciting! Keep us updated!

Rojo, I saw some sexy Santa lingerie at the mall yesterday. I bet if you find some you can convince DH to start in December. :haha:

Ohhh babyhopes! Suspicious lines? I'm sure I have been told that any line can mean a positive, no matter how faint/suspicious! Excited for you! :)

babyhopes!!! cant wait to find out for sure :happydance:

pez- you are looking at it through pregnant eyes :haha: thats when its the hardest for me. i have some pretty rough pregnancies (but hey most women do) so it makes everything harder. i have to keep reminding myself that its only for a short time and i get this wonderful blessing out of it :cloud9: sometimes i have to remind myself the same thing with a newborn or a teether when they have been up most the night. but since i have older kids too, i know how quickly those things pass. when you're in the moments it seems so rough, but by the grace of God you make it through and it really does grow some patience :thumbup: family is very important to DH and i. its a great joy to see the children you raise loving and giving to others so the work is worth it.

harley- love those pics!!! hope you get to do your shoot soon :D

thanks for the replies ladies- the most important thing to me is that i have a few years of fertility left :flower:

Babyhopes, keep us updated! :happydance:

Rojo, congrats on maybe getting your TTC date moved up a little! :thumbup:

Harley, I LOVE the pictures! You have a cute little man! :)

Well, I finished my painting today. It didn't turn out quite like I wanted, considering that I free-handed it and I used the wrong paint, so I had to keep going over it because it was too thin. But oh well. She's an infant, she won't care. :haha:

Attachments

• Alia name boardsmaller.jpg
    Alia name boardsmaller.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
Spiffy that's awesome! :thumbup:

Well December would be good too rojo!

Just quickly popped on to share a couple of pics from today :flower: We had a great day and Noah was an absolute star, despite being slightly out of routine and going to bed late, he really went with the flow. He got thoroughly spoiled and only cried once when he randomly fell and bumped his head :dohh: Silly sausage :haha:

So here's a couple of pics:

https://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x66/VanessaCH/DSC_0019.jpg

https://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x66/VanessaCH/DSC_0071.jpg

https://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x66/VanessaCH/DSC_0083.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Pie! It looks like your little birthday boy had a blast! Did he enjoy that awesome cake? :cake:

I agree, Pie, that cake looks awesome! Noah is so adorable! Did he enjoy his presents or did he mostly enjoy the wrapping paper? :hah: Also, I love your sweater/dress! So fun!

Spiffy, that looks awesome! Pretty great for free handing it. I love the symmetry.

Melissa, thank you for your perspective. I find that more often than not, I get one of two points of view from parents with older kids. They either seem to be in the "Oh, just you wait" camp or the "I miss those days and wish my kids were that little again" camp. Neither really seems like something to look forward to. Either they are telling me that the worst is yet to come or that the best days are soon going to be behind me (actually, both of those are pretty much the same thing, aren't they?). Anyway, I really appreciate your perspective on parenting, so thank you.

Daniel went out to the grocery store and I convinced him to take Ozzy with him, so I've got some time all to myself. Just drinking coffee and hanging about. Love it! And thanks for the comments on the pictures. We probably could do with just taking our own pictures of Ozzy, but when it comes to taking a nice family portrait, that's where the pro comes in. These portraits will be the ones we send out with our Christmas cards. Aaahhh! Christmas! It' so soon!

spiffy- i love your painting!!! you did a great job mama :winkwink:

pie- he is absolutely precious! and looks like he had a great time. funny how they love to play with the wrapping paper or boxes as much if not more than the toys :haha: you look great too hun!

harley- thanks babe! i agree people do take those perspectives. i really just want to celebrate and enjoy my kids where they are now. :flower:

Aw blessed - you describe it in a way that tempts me to have lots of bundles of joy as well! You are quite right - these times do indeed pass. And I bet all the work really does pay off. And patience - yes! I've built plenty already from just Harrison so I imagine that'll increase with each one! :) And Harley you are so right when people say those phrases. It is hard sometimes to stay in the moment and just enjoy the here and now, but it is worth putting it into practice if we can. I know one day we will all look back at these times, even the bad times, and smile.

Spiffy I love the painting! You're very creative :) And I'm sure Alia will love it.

Pielette that birthday cake has made me sooo hungry - it looks so GOOD! Looks like Noah had a great time too, I love his little shirt, so cute.

The clocks went back in England today. Grrr. I used to love it pre-children as it meant we gained an extra hour in bed. Try explaining that to Harrison though, it just means the clock reads even earlier when he wakes up, lol. We're off out shopping today to make a start on the Christmas shopping which should be fun! :)

Oi. Our clocks go back in a week. I'm trying to keep Ozzy up a little later than normal, hoping that by the time we do turn the clocks back he will actually be going to bed a decent time rather than an hour earlier than normal, if you know what I mean. Hope it works!

That's a really good idea Harley, I wish we had thought to do the same! I'll have to remember that for when the clocks go back forward (but in reverse of course!). Hope it works out for you.

Thanks ladies! He seemed to have fun and yes, wrapping paper and bags were much more interesting than his actual presents :haha: The cake was actually from a supermarket, was so pleased with it and it only cost £15 :flower: I'm no good at baking so figured maybe next year I'll make him one when he's old enough to appreciate it.

On the subject of the clocks going back, we got really lucky with that one! Noah normally sleeps from 7pm until 6.30/7am, but after the party we went for dinner with friends and only left the restaurant at about 6.45pm, so by the time we'd got him sorted for bed he didn't go to sleep until about 7.45pm. So he slept until 7.15ish :happydance:

Hey, ladies! Do excuse me for missing out on everything. Awesome pictures from some of you :cloud9: I hope you all had a brilliant weekend! :flower:

We got invited to DF's mum's for Sunday lunch and DD had such a great time playing with her cousins! :D Of course there had to be one low to the day when she insulted our name choice. I knew she would... She told us "you can't name a kid DEXTER!" :shrug: I'm slowly changing my mind now as I don't want him being bullied because of the name WE chose for him... :nope: Saying that, she dislikes the name DF's brother is using for his LO due any time now...

ANYHOO, other than that... We had a great weekend! :D

Ok, very quickly, how did I become the mother of a one year old?? It's crazy!

:happydance:

Awww, it really does go so quickly! One of my best friends' little boy is 1 in 3 weeks... It's nuts!

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend! :thumbup:

Pie, I can totally relate. Though my LO isn't 1 yet, everyone keeps talking to me about planning his first birthday and all I can think is "wait, how do I already almost have a one year old?!" :wacko: It's crazy how time flies!

Harley, those pictures look awesome! Too bad the weather wasn't good to do the shoot but it looks like you guys still got some good shots! :flower:

This weekend was insane for me and I feel like I'm missing out on everything! DH left on a business trip yesterday to Vegas for the week. It sucks with him being gone as I feel like a single mom but I am flying up there Friday so we can have a little get away. It will be our first since we got married! :happydance: I also met up with a friend for lunch and it was so nice to have mutual conversation about babies. LOL, a lot of our friends that don't have babies just don't get it so it is so nice to spend time with friends that do.

Chez, I think the name Dexter is so cute. Its different enough to be stand out but not weird where people couldn't pronounce it or make fun of him. I'm sure whatever you do decide on though will be the right name. :flower: It is so hard to name someone for the rest of their life!

Happy to hear most of you had a great weekend..

Ours was busy too.. Carved pumpkins sat night at my moms and then sunday I went and uprgraded dh's and my phones to the iphones.. so yay for that.. started testing with the cbfm again to check out when i ovulate so i know whats up with my body.. fun but i hate not trying lol..

Having a nice in day today.. Im so excited for halloween.. :) Pinkeye is about gone.. drops still till wednesday

Harely the pics look great.. :)

Spiffy love the painting.. :)

Chez - I love the name Dexter! I think it's great! And anyway, those who think it is odd at first - I'm sure as soon as baby arrives and the name slots in to place with him they won't think it odd anymore at all. Apparently my grandparents weren't impressed with my name at all at the time either, but hey, I love it!

Good luck with being on your own for a few days HAKing - but what a wonderful reward to be going away for the weekend afterwards. Hope you have a great time :)

Glad the pinkeye is nearly gone lilrojo :)

Poor Harrison has another tummy bug, at least I think it's that. He is getting his ENTIRE top row of teeth through at once too, so maybe the vomiting etc is related? I'm not sure. Poor bug. He's not had a single tooth so far - we had always joked that they'd all come at once and that's exactly what is happening. He has slept a lot today and not been very hungry. I've managed to change my hours at work so that either myself or OH can be at home with him instead of nursery. Breaks my heart though, he's such a champ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->