anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Chez, I agree; I love the name. My MIL was not happy about the name Ozzy. She said, "Like that rocker guy?" with this weird look on her face. LOL But even by the time he was born our entire family had had enough time to get used to the name have taken to either calling him Oz or Ozzy, so I imagine your family would do the same and either pick Dex or Dexter, whichever they prefer to call him.

HAKing, that's exciting you are getting away with DH for a little bit. Sucks that you have to be alone first, though. Any time I spend a big chunk of time alone with Ozzy I think about my friends who are single parents. How do they do it!? I'm very impressed with them.

Rojo, glad to hear the pinkeye is gone. Sounds like you are all ready for Halloween. I just bought a pumpkin today because I really wanted to carve one. Looking forward to that. Good luck with the monitoring!

Pie, I can't even imagine what it will be like to actually have a 1 year old, and it's only 1 month away for me! It's crazy how, when I look back, it feels like the time has really flown by, but then sometimes when I'm in the middle of a particularly hard day with Ozzy it feels like the time is just dragging on and on with no end in sight. Funny how motherhood is like that.

Pez, I'm so sorry little Harrison is having a rough go of it lately. I'm honestly not sure which is better... getting all the teeth at once and getting it over with sooner, or having them spread out so it lasts longer but maybe isn't as painful overall. Either way it's still no fun at all. Hope you all manage to get through it in one piece.

AFM, my OPKs are getting darker! Still not positive, but getting there. Yay!

Haking, enjoy your weekend away! :thumbup:

Chez, I think Dexter is cute! Although I personally like Dex. :winkwink: Like the others have said, once they link the name with the baby, they won't think anything of it.

Pez, I'm sorry Harrison is having such a rough time. Poor little guy. :( I hope he gets feeling better soon!

Rojo, glad the pinkeye is almost gone. Have fun with your new iPhone! I just got one this summer, and I love it (well, it's my first smart phone, so anything would have been an upgrade :haha:).

Harley, yay for getting closer to ovulation! I should be ovulating in about three more days...not that I'm paying any attention to that or anything... :dohh:

Well, we just got pack from a Halloween party, and it was the first time we put LO in her costume, so here's a pic:

(she's a zebra, and DH and I were explorers)

Attachments

• 2012-10-29 16.26.19smaller.jpg
    2012-10-29 16.26.19smaller.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 3
Spiffy your LO looks gorgeous as a zebra!

I think if anyone doesn't like the name Dexter it will grow on them chez, I wasn't sure about it when I first heard that my nephew was going to have it as a middle name but now I love it! I wouldn't worry too much about the whole bullying thing because I don't really see what nasty kids could do with it :shrug: Unfortunatrly kids will use any reason to tease if they want to.

So sorry your LO has been sick pez. Noah got sick on Sunday and hasn't quite been himself, it was a shame he wasn't 100% for his birthday but he was fine for his actual party so I was relieved about that. Stomach bugs seem to be going around unfortunately :nope:

Glad your pinkeye has gone rojo!

Good to hear your OPKs are getting darker Harley :flower:

As for me, my chart and my monitor agreed that I ovulated on day 18. We DTD on days 15, 17 and 18 so I'm hopeful. Fingers crossed. Currently 3dpo so the waiting has begun :coffee:

Spiffy that is such a cute picture! She looks so adorable as a zebra, you made a great team dressed up like that.

We just got back from A&E - Harrison was up all night vomiting again and this morning was clearly in a lot of pain and wouldn't take any fluids at all. We stayed at the hospital for 4 hours and gave him syringes of some special water and they have let us go now. He's sleeping as he is so exhausted. It was so scary, he was so dehydrated, bless him. It's really made me appreciate how lucky we are here with the NHS - the doctors and nurses were all amazing, we have perscriptions, and it didn't cost us a penny (well okay we pay it in taxes, but at least we haven't got to panic about any bills now!). I was really impressed. I've taken the day off and OH has gone out to get us a McDonald's breakfast, lol.

Fingers crossed for you Pielette, and good luck with the ovulation Spiffy and Harley - staying optimistic for you all! :)

hi ladies ive reallly missed alot!! can i join again? xx Im now 18 weeks with number 2 wil find out the sex in 2 weeks. hope ur all doing well, any new bumps since ive last been on? xx

EDIT- with baby brain i clicked unsuscribe by accident and didnt realise.. so i didnt get any updates so i thought this was just no longer active! x

youngwife20 :hi: I was wondering before I clicked the 'View First Unread' button if you'd pop in again sometime, and there you are! How weird is that? :wacko:

Now you're back, can I just thank you for starting this thread as I've met a bunch of lovely ladies here that have made me feel so much better when I've been down about some things. I've enjoyed learning about their lives and sharing mine with them. Even after getting my :bfp: they made it clear it was ok to stay and share my pregnancy with them. So THANK YOU! :hugs: I've never been wlecome in any other internet threads and usually just get ignored when I post... :haha:

Aww your so sweet hun! Im really glad this thread has helped you! and i feel the same! its a shame ive missed so much! i can see you ladies really have formed a friendship!! how r u feeling xx

I'm feeling much better now than I did in 1st Tri :haha: Boy, am I glad that's over! I felt a tad nauseous the past few evenings but nothing too traumatic... I have a repeat scan a week today as baby was in an awkward position and she couldn't get all the measurements. Also she THINKS we're Team :blue: but the cord was between his legs and she said "I think there's more than just cord there..." so it's good we get to double check. :happydance:

How are you getting on? Any feelings as to either :pink: or :blue: for you? I had a feeling this LO was a boy but I didn't want to let myself believe it incase I was wrong! :haha:

ETA: I've been given a date for a C-section, should I choose to take it. I'm going to ask my MW -when I see her next- some questions I need answering before I make an informed decision. I was offered and ELCS due to my worries about rupture with the births being so close. My consultant assured me that she was more than happy for me to VBAC and if I do, then she won't let me labour for long hours and I will not be induced... Am I right in thinking I remember you saying this is what you hoped for too?

Welcome back youngwife! We did wonder what had happened to you! :)

I'd like to say thanks for starting this thread too, there's some really lovely ladies here and it is nice to feel so welcomed by a group.

How are you finding the pregnancy so far? :)

Welcome back, Youngwife! Looking forward to hearing about your gender scan. And thanks from me also, for starting this group. Its become such a support through the hard times, especially for those of us who are still waiting for our bfps. :flower:

Pez, so sorry to hear that Harrison got worse. I hope he's on the upside of this now. :hugs:

Pie, I hope you caught the eggy this time! :thumbup:

Spiffy, you and your LO look so cute in your Halloween outfits! :thumbup:

Pez, so sorry Harrison is having a hard time. I hope that he starts feeling back to his normal self soon! I really do think that a stomach bug is going around everywhere! :wacko:

Yay, glad OPKs are getting darker for you Harley! :happydance: Better get busy! :haha:

Glad your pink eye is gone, Rojo. :flower:

Pie, I saw that you said you're using a monitor to track O. Are you using CBFM or Ovacue? I've read a lot about both of them lately and was wondering how you like it.

Hi youngwife!!! Welcome back! :flower:

Thanks ladies.. it is a relief.. lol im tired of glasses and no eye makeup.. :/

Hi Youngwife.. :) welcome back, never knew you cuz i just joined but thanks for the thread nice to find ppl in the same boat as me :)

Good luck ladies waiting to o and in the tww :) Hope time flies for you all..

Spiffy the costume is just too cute.. :)

Im so excited for halloween tomorrow.. :) SHould be a great time!!

Will try to post some pics.. my computer makes everything to big so will try..

Haking i have the cbfm :) and i love it!

aww thank you for all the lovely welcomes and thank yous!!
Im finding this pregnancy alot easier than i thought i would! less sickness than i had with my daughter the hardest was to start with as i was sooo sleeepy and wanted to sleep all day!! but now its not to bad im just very excited for the scan

people wernt very excited for us ( apart from my mum who was over the moon) every one else thinks i should have waited but were happy xx

i really am crossing my fingers for those who havent had there bfp yet! hope this is your month ladies xx

Hi again youngwife! Nice to see you back again :flower: How are you feeling? Bet you can't wait to find out the sex!

Thanks ladies, I really hope so cos the amount of DTD is month nearly finished us off :haha: It would be nice to go back to DTD for fun so hoping this month we've managed it.

HAKing, I have the CBFM and think its fab. The first month I used it was when I fell pregnant with Noah. I didn't use it for the first three months of this 'go' and really wish I had because its just so easy and takes all the guesswork out of it. I hate the wondering if the line on an OPK is dark enough because mine never seem to go dark enough. I've found that for me the best two ways of knowing when I've ovulated are the monitor and charting, but of course with charting you can only know after the fact.

I'm feeling much better now than I did in 1st Tri :haha: Boy, am I glad that's over! I felt a tad nauseous the past few evenings but nothing too traumatic... I have a repeat scan a week today as baby was in an awkward position and she couldn't get all the measurements. Also she THINKS we're Team :blue: but the cord was between his legs and she said "I think there's more than just cord there..." so it's good we get to double check. :happydance:

How are you getting on? Any feelings as to either :pink: or :blue: for you? I had a feeling this LO was a boy but I didn't want to let myself believe it incase I was wrong! :haha:

ETA: I've been given a date for a C-section, should I choose to take it. I'm going to ask my MW -when I see her next- some questions I need answering before I make an informed decision. I was offered and ELCS due to my worries about rupture with the births being so close. My consultant assured me that she was more than happy for me to VBAC and if I do, then she won't let me labour for long hours and I will not be induced... Am I right in thinking I remember you saying this is what you hoped for too?

hey hun yes i hoped to go for a vbac but i will have a section if i go very over because i dont wanna be induced. how long is ur limit do you think for how long you want to labour? i see a consultant to discuss this in 2 weeks so nervous!! what date have you been given and how far will you be? and i think were having a boy tooo but i am not thinking about it tiooo much lol and ooh i hope yo get the sex you think the baby is!! xx and i had alittle nausea to start with and randomly vomit every now and then!

any cravings? xx

Hi again youngwife! Nice to see you back again :flower: How are you feeling? Bet you can't wait to find out the sex!

Thanks ladies, I really hope so cos the amount of DTD is month nearly finished us off :haha: It would be nice to go back to DTD for fun so hoping this month we've managed it.

HAKing, I have the CBFM and think its fab. The first month I used it was when I fell pregnant with Noah. I didn't use it for the first three months of this 'go' and really wish I had because its just so easy and takes all the guesswork out of it. I hate the wondering if the line on an OPK is dark enough because mine never seem to go dark enough. I've found that for me the best two ways of knowing when I've ovulated are the monitor and charting, but of course with charting you can only know after the fact.

hey!! thanks for the welcome im feeling good apart from i have been having a constant headache! but they dont think its anything to worry about!! but it even hurts my head to read on here! lol so il just be popping in! and i used the digital opk with my daughter but id say expensive if u need to use it for more than a few months! but i loved seeing the smiley face on it! i never charted i dont een know how too xx

Oh, Pez, so sorry Harrison took a turn like that. Hooray for NHS! I'm so thankful for the medical system here in Canada, which is similar to NHS. Hope Harrison has a nice sleep and feels better soon.

Welcome back, youngwife! Or rather, hello, since I also joined after you accidentally unsubscribed. Likewise, I am very thankful for this thread. I was welcomed right away, and it really is lovely to be able to share the journey with like-minded moms.

As for my OPKs getting darker, last night's was still really faint. Boo! I hate waiting so long to ovulate. The next few days are pretty busy, though, so I'll have a lot to distract me. Btw, I think I somehow failed to mention that Ozzy has officially started WALKING. So crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->