anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

lol spiffy i knew you were joking :flower:

oh harley that happened to us when we were ttc #4 for 5 mos. DH and i even have a very active sex life normally. it got really rough every month by the end of my fertile days. it wasnt any fun for either of us. and i was even really sore, so that made it worse. :wacko: i have a lot of respect for women who ttc for long term, i cant even imagine. arent you using softcups?? you know you can have him make a 'deposit' in one and put it in by your cervix. we had to do that a couple times and it worked really well. :blush: tmi- i helped him and used preseed so it wasnt completely on his own lol

Thanks, blessed. Good to know we're not totally abnormal. And yes, I am using softcups. I remember you saying you used them that way, and I did mention it to DH as an option. We might try it if it comes to that. We are definitely not strangers to hand jobs. Sorry for being so blunt! LOL I'm a pretty open and honest person IRL, but sometimes the things I say on here... my, my, my.

:rofl: i feel the same. pretty open, but wouldnt say half the stuff i say on here to people i know. my DH didnt think the hand job was weird, just that i was trying to catch it and use it lol. i was tired of ttc though so i didnt care, just wanted to see the 2 pink lines

you ladies know more about my cm, hormones, etc than anyone i know. :haha:

Oh, I agree, ladies! I say thing on here that I would never say to someone in real life! I mean, can you imagine talking to an aquaintance and saying, "Oh my gosh, I had some pink tinged cervical mucous today, which may have been implantation, and all that gas sure has been suspicious, not to mention the bloating!" :haha:

Harley, I hope you guys get enough swimmers up there to do the job! :winkwink:

Hee hee. Well, it is really nice to be able to tell someone all about my cm, temps, hormones, etc. and have them actually care about it! I don't think my DH cares about it as much as you all do! :)

Speaking of sharing... here are my last three OPKs. In your opinion(s), are the last two both positive? CD 21 was yesterday, CD 22 is today (obviously).

Attachments

• OPK - 11.2.2012.jpg
    OPK - 11.2.2012.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 5
  • OPK - 11.3.2012.jpg
    OPK - 11.3.2012.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 6
  • OPK - 11.4.2012.jpg
    OPK - 11.4.2012.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 6
chez- how are you feeling hun???

I'm feeling really good, thanks! :flower: A little stuffy-nosed but nothing I can't live with. :thumbup: Super excited about our re-scan tomorrow!! This one's come around so fast, thankfully! Hope "Sonny D" (cute NN I've been using on FB as we've not revealed the name yet) cooperates and flashes his wotsits... :haha:

Oh blessed I know how that feels, this past cycle was pretty hard going on us by the end. I just want to be pregnant and be done with it! Tired of all the faffing around. I really hope we've done it this time because the thought of another cycle like that just knackers me out :haha: Maybe we'll try soft ups next time if we haven't had any luck.

Hmm Harley, I think day 21 is definitely positive, day 22 looks very close but maybe it's towards the end of your surge because it doesn't look quite as dark. Maybe BDing once or twice more to cover your bases would be good. Although I'm sure you really don't feel like it - can't we just all be pregnant now so we can all get some sleep?! :rofl:

9dpo over here. Feeling pretty normal and I've just cleaned the whole flat, it was awful after I was ill. DH was wonderful at taking care of me and the monkey but not so good with the cleaning bless him :haha: We've got one of my mummy friends coming over later so that should be nice.

HAKing any news? Got my fingers crossed for you!

Hey ladies.. been a bit mia over the weekend.. so checking on of you all.. i missed a lot :)

Yes i too talk more sex on here than in real life lol.. :)

Fxed for you all in the tww.. or approaching o day.. not long till im joining you all.. :) end of next month!

Hope everyone is doing well

Harley i agree cd21 looks positive.. and 22 looks like the surge is going down.. :) fxed

Oh, I hope you're right and that today's OPK is lighter. My temp is still down, so I guess I haven't ovulated yet. Grrr. We managed to BD last night. It was fun, so at least it doesn't feel completely like a chore. :)

Welcome back, lilrojo! So excited for you to join us in TTC next month. Not long now!

Pie, so nice to hear you are feeling better. If you cleaned the whole apartment then you must be feeling back to normal!

Harley, I agree with the other ladies. I would dtd today and tomorrow for good measure, just in case (since dye amounts can vary from test to test). Good luck! I hope that egg gets attacked with swimmers! :haha:

Pie, I am SO with you on the feelings of desperation. I just want to be pregnant and done with it. I'm trying to not even think about the possibility of another cycle, because it's so depressing and exhausting. DH and I are usually up for dtd but we haven't the past two days. I think we're both a little wiped out this time around.

Rojo, you're getting so close to TTC time! :thumbup:

Chez, can't wait to hear how the second scan goes!

So funny tidbit from me for the day: I think I mentioned before that my DH has been joking about our second baby being twins even before we concieved DD, and yesterday I finally figured out why! He secretly wants twins! :haha:

Spiffy - Aww, how cute of him to want twins! I'd love them at some point but would have been worried stiff if it'd have been this time! :haha: That would have meant having 3 under 1, even if it was just for a couple of weeks! :baby:

Lilrojo - Getting closer and closer to you TTC month!! :happydance:

Pie - So pleased you're feeling better. I've had the sniffles again but so glad it's nothing more! Bless your DH, no matter how hard they try to tidy/clean - they just don't quite do it like we do, do they? :winkwink:

Harley - I'm not quite clued up when it comes to OVtests and such. Ya know, I wouldn't have the first idea when it comes to charts! :dohh: But to me (not that it counts for much, LOL) the middle one looks spot on.

Forgive me if I've missed anything! :flow:

Look what I got today makes waiting so hard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7
Oh, Rojo, that's tough. I was ready to TTC before DH this time, and waiting was so hard. :hugs:

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you ladies! DH and I were talking yesterday and I think it's safe to say that it's official...

We are NTNP for life! :happydance:

Aw spiffy how cute of him to want twins :cloud9: I'd kind of like twins myself :blush: And it would make me panic at the same time :haha:

Awesome on NTNP for life! :happydance: I love knowing that that's what we're doing too :thumbup: I have to say that it's probably blessed who has inspired us. I absolutely love the leaving it up to God thing.

Rojo that's rubbish, I'd be itching to jump on DH! No way you can pounce on him by accident? :haha:

Thanks Harley I am feeling back to normal, I absolutely detest feeling so sick. Very glad you had fun BDing and it wasn't a chore. It's such a fine line to tread.

Chez good luck for the scan tomorrow! What time is it?

I wish we could have an accident but dh is not having it till end of next month.. so i wait.. getting harder to see my peak every month though ugh

Hurray for NTNP for life! I'd love to but would like a break after this LO, but I'm sure at some point we will decide to do this... I know DF wouldn't mind either way, which is great that I don't have to persuade him. :cloud9:

That's awesome that you might join us someday, Chez. :flower: I totally understand why you're waiting, though. I don't think we could have made this decision before having DD, because we were just so unsure how things would go. I think now that we have a baby, though, we've realized that we can do this. I think everyone gets to certain points at different times, and that's okay. :)

Rojo, I admire that you respect your DH's wishes, even though you may not agree. I know there are women who trick their partners into having a baby, and I just don't think that's right. Its a decision that both people have to be okay with. (Pielette, this wasn't aimed at you, by the way. I know you were totally joking and wouldn't really condone that sort of thing. :winkwink:)

Oh I know spiffy :flower: I totally agree.

Speaking of which, I figured I will give you ladies a bit of an insight into my craziness that is my life. You may need to sit down...

Two days after Noah was born, my 66 year old father left my mum to shack up with a 25 year old girl (for a bit of context, I'm nearly 30). He ended their marriage of 30 years and left me to deal with the mess he left behind two days after I became a mum. My mum was heartbroken. I was heartbroken. He didn't get why doing that to both of us two days after I gave birth was horrendous. The stress of it all had a huge effect on me and it's also why I believe BF didn't work out for me because I couldn't cope with it all. My DH was amazing and looked after both me and my mum, but the stress took a bit of a toll on him too.

I tried to continue having a relationship with my dad afterwards but couldn't handle it. He became this selfish, arrogant idiot who only cared about his tart. He didn't get why I was so hurt. He didn't see how cruel he was being to my mum. He sat in my lounge and told me, his grown-up daughter, that he was a player and always had been. That there had been countless affairs during his marriage to my mum. Eventually I told him that as long as he remained with this girl, I couldn't have a relationship with him. End of.

In July he turned up on my mum's doorstep saying he'd made a huge mistake and was sorry. She considered giving him a chance. I gave him a chance and allowed him back into my life. He said all the right things. But because my mum didn't take him back automatically and roll out the red carpet he went back to the girl, who in his own words, is 'paranoid, violent and a drunk'.

That was July. I had a massive row with him and told him to get lost. He broke our hearts again. He had a taste of what it was to be a proper grandad to Noah and he threw it back in my face. He knew I would never accept that relationship but apparently he doesn't care enough about me for that to matter.

I have just found out that the girl is pregnant.

I don't believe it's his. I look at the timing and I suspect (she's about 5 months gone) that she deliberately got pregnant to trap him and I wouldn't be surprised if she was sleeping around to make sure she fell pregnant. Let's face it, at 66 it's hardly going to be high quality sperm.

He was literally my idol. I adored him. He was such a hands-on dad with me. He also has a son from his first marriage who is 42 who he has little to do with, never really bothered with him much. I guess that should have given us all a clue.

Sorry to ramble, just feels nice to get it all out. I don't talk about it much apart from with my mum, who is mercifully doing well now, just trying to get the divorce finalised. It's stuff I've kind of locked up in my head and don't look at too much.

Goodluck hope he has enough energy to plant the goods were they need to be haha and whats an ama mater? and also congrats on your aniversary x
Thanks! An alma mater is the place you graduated from. We met at university, and the play we went to was put on by the theatre department there.

We managed to DTD last night, and DH is having yet another late evening nap tonight. I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating today (going to take an OPK tonight - hoping it's neg to confirm), so I know we should DTD tonight too. But honestly, we're just both so worn out. I asked DH last night if he thought we could DTD tonight and tomorrow night, and he said, "We can try." And sorry if this is TMI, but the last two times we DTD, I was concerned DH might not even get around to "making his deposit." (I think he was a little concerned too.) I guess both our sex drives just aren't what they used to be. We will try again tonight once he wakes up. Maybe we should try RIGHT when he wakes up, IYKWIM.

We'll tackle tomorrow night when we get there. *sigh*

hey i havent read the last 2 pages yet so you might already have an update on this. but i know that when we were ttc our daughter asking him if we could try to dtd really didnt do it for him lol it turned him of infact because it didnt seem so romantic and hot shall we say. maybe when you want it just go with it instead of asking him that way he doesnt have to think about how tired he is before hand. i see what you mean its normal to just not bee feeling it sometimes. annoyingly when we were ttc my daughter before i knew how to test opks and all that wed dtd every single day a feww times a day and then when i was finaly was in the right time to do it we just could not be bothered! i hope u both managed it :p xx

also what did you both study at uni?

lol spiffy i knew you were joking :flower:

oh harley that happened to us when we were ttc #4 for 5 mos. DH and i even have a very active sex life normally. it got really rough every month by the end of my fertile days. it wasnt any fun for either of us. and i was even really sore, so that made it worse. :wacko: i have a lot of respect for women who ttc for long term, i cant even imagine. arent you using softcups?? you know you can have him make a 'deposit' in one and put it in by your cervix. we had to do that a couple times and it worked really well. :blush: tmi- i helped him and used preseed so it wasnt completely on his own lol

we used presseeed and did all the opks etc but the time she was made was just a random encounter on the floor in the new house and we had no cllue that would do the job.. now the preeseed is sitting in my draw not being used lol as we didnt use it this time and i say that sex is way better after you have a baby.. were so much more creative now and i think that helped with making this baby as we were so relaxed about the whole thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->