anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Youngwife - I'm sorry you are having to go through that! It must be a lot to take in and handle when you are pregnant and of course have a LO to look after as well. I feel sorry for your mum as well :( She sounds as though she did really well to stay apart for 3 years. I really hope that she doesn't experience all of that abuse again. Poor you. Stay strong!

Chez - I know! I used to have pet rats, which were great, so I don't mind them so much, but it's freaking me out thinking that these could bite Harrison in the night or something. I know that chances of that happening are probably so low. But still. I just cannot believe it has happened. We live in a small terraced house, so I am presuming the neighbours either side of us must have them too but they both have cats - so maybe they are all camping here where it is safer! Ughhh! Hopefully we'll catch a couple tonight?! It's just so nasty!

Chez- thanks so much for responding. i just feel like i have neooen to talk to as my friends no nothing about this. and my husband is very understanding, but its nice to talk to women.a nd ur so right i think it is that i have my own family now. xx

Youngwife - I'm sorry you are having to go through that! It must be a lot to take in and handle when you are pregnant and of course have a LO to look after as well. I feel sorry for your mum as well :( She sounds as though she did really well to stay apart for 3 years. I really hope that she doesn't experience all of that abuse again. Poor you. Stay strong!

Chez - I know! I used to have pet rats, which were great, so I don't mind them so much, but it's freaking me out thinking that these could bite Harrison in the night or something. I know that chances of that happening are probably so low. But still. I just cannot believe it has happened. We live in a small terraced house, so I am presuming the neighbours either side of us must have them too but they both have cats - so maybe they are all camping here where it is safer! Ughhh! Hopefully we'll catch a couple tonight?! It's just so nasty!

thank u so much xx i really hope he has changed xx

Update,, i thought they are taking it slow but no " coincidently" all there couple old friends are at the resturant with them that they went too..for goodness sake. and she said " he didnt plan this".. right they havent seen these ppl since they were together and they coincidently are at this place!.. this is not going slow and why would they do this the first time they met in 3 yrs.. i just havent got the energy for this x

I secretly had a pet rat when I was about 13... :haha: Had to give it away to my friend when my mom found out! :rofl: How I thought I could keep him without her finding out, I'll never know... :dohh: It's the "wild" ones I dislike.

Well, today has just been terrible for us. DF had a message from his brother this morning saying his Nain (what us Welsh call our grandmothers, pronounced like the number "9") was in hospital, in ICU. So after trying to get hold of his older brother to see if he was heading up, so he could get a lift up there with him, he couldn't get hold of him... He ended up getting a lift off my stepdad and then after spending all day there, 5 minutes before getting home they got called back as she took a turn for the worse. I had a phone call from DF at 8:15PM saying that sadly, she passed away at 7:15, before he got back there - it's 30min drive. I've only met her 2 or 3 times but love hearing stories about what a strong minded woman she's been all her life. She one of those ladies who everyone knows, iykwim. She was a great-great grandmother!! They're a big family, and although they're not close (some of them don't even get on) they have come together today. DF's mum was all the way in Newcastle working and has been travelling back all day today (8+ hour round trip, her OH drove all the way to pick her up) and did not make it to say goodbye and I just feel so sorry for her. She missed DD's birth and didn't meet her for a week because she's a merchandiser and works all over the UK and Ireland... Oh, I bet she hates her job right now! I cried on the phone to DF when he told me. He can't wait to get back and give me "the biggest hug I've ever had" and I just can't wait to see him :cry:

Sorry for the depressing update but I needed somewhere to let it out... FB isn't quite the place as there might be family memebers who don't know the bad news yet! :flow:

Chez, so sorry to hear about your loss. :hugs:

Harley, that was a beautiful poem. Sinc emy own mother mother passed away many years ago, I can relate to your feelings. Actually today would have been her birthday. :flower:

Youngwife, I'm so sorry to hear about this whole situation with your father. That has to be hard on you. I hope your mom does what's best for you and her.

As for me, I'm patiently waiting until tomorrow mornign when I'll be 10 dpo and testing! Wish me luck!

And since I don't have a parenting journal to post in, I'll just post one of my poems here. :)

The Color of My Wings

Though I'm just a fading moth,
Please take a look and see,
So that I'll know,
Before I go,
That you'll remember me.
You may not think I'm beautiful.
My colors can't be seen.
The browns you knew,
Aren't really true.
I'm red, and blue, and green.
So when you see my shadowed wings,
Fade against the sky,
Shed a tear:
You've lost a peer.

For I was a butterfly.​

Sorry, Youngwife - I didn't see your reply before I posted. I hope you're ok... Try keep your mind off of it for the night. You're right, you don't need this right now. :hugs:

chez- :hugs: praying for you and DF and the fam :cry:

young- oh my hun!!!! hope you cope through all of that. what a mess! i would be sick to my stomach about what could happen. :hugs:

pez- rats yuck! i had a mouse in an old house when i was big and preggo with my second baby. i kept our vacuum cleaner in the attached garage and it hitched a ride in one day. my oldesst was 1 and of course left little crumbs from her snacks everywhere so he had plenty to get fat on. i became obsessed with catching that stupid mouse :blush: i stayed up all hours of the night for about 2 months til i finally did away with the humane traps and set a snap trap down. best thing i ever did lol! we also had a couple mice here in our new house when we first moved in and i wasnt playing. with 4 kids and 1 on the way i snapped their butts real fast. ew gives me heeby jeebies just thinking about them.

spiffy- love that poem! :flower:

This thread got really serious very quickly. Rats, abusive relationships, death in the family, being reminded of departed loved ones... I just want to give everyone huge hugs right now!

Thank you, Spiffy. Your poem is great. Gave me some little chills up my spine, actually. Way to patiently wait for testing day, too! I hope you are "rewarded" with an early BFP.

Oh youngwife, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this :hugs: I would say you'd be best off distancing yourself but you can't do that, it's your mum. I can't believe how much you've both been through. I guess the only thing you can do is be there for her but keep trying to warn her. It's not as bad but in my situation, I do feel grateful because my mum is so strong and I know she would never go back to my father. It must be as helpless for you as having a child who's determined to keep dating someone awful. I wish I had some advice for you, but I guess all I can offer is hugs :hugs:

Pez, oh my God, rats! I used to keep mice so I do like them, but I must add that I like clean mice and rats! Can you not call someone out to deal with them? I don't think I would have the stomach for it :nope: You can't have wild rats in your home!

Oh chez I'm so sorry for your family's loss :hugs: We lost my nan in February this year, my last living grandparent and we loved her to bits. You know it's funny because I always found the whole concept of 'they had a good innings' bizarre. My nan lived until almost 88 but it made it harder to lose her, because she was such a major part of my life. I feel very grateful that she got to meet my little boy, she adored him. Thinking of your family, I really hope you can all find strength in being together :hugs:

That poem is beautiful spiffy! I love it :flower: Ooh, testing today! Very excited for you, can't wait for an update!

As for me, all is good. We had a great time at the concert last night, she is absolutely amazing live and it was lovely to be out just the two of us, we don't get to do it often. My mum is great with Noah so whenever she's with him I have complete peace of mind.

DH has got the day off today and we might go and do some Christmas shopping, we haven't done anything yet!

Spiffy - I really loved that poem :flower: Cannot wait for some testing news, hoping for that BFP!

Harley - It did get serious didn't it... :hugs: Hoping some BFP's will brighten up the mood again today :winkwink:

Blessed - Thank you! :hugs:

Pie - Glad you enjoyed your night out. It's great that your mum is so good with Noah. Makes leaving them much easier knowing they're in great, loving hands!

So glad DF has Wednesday & Thursday off this week :) Sadly one day will be spent looking for a suit as DF doesn't have one, he's never needed one - working in a chicken factory - and he's only ever been to 2 funerals and that was when he was a boy! He's coping well, but he said it doesn't feel real yet. I think the funeral will bring that "closure" if that's the right word.

In good news: 5 more sleeps until our private scan. :happydance: I'm feeling a tiny bit nervous about it because of my "extra fluff" :haha: and I don't want to be either judged or patronised about it. I guess it's because it's a new experience, and I don't know how many "above average weight" women go for private scans! :shrug: Oh, well... I'm still excited and hope baby co-operates right away so it's done and dusted and we can go shopping! :winkwink:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:Wooooooohoooooo!!!!!:dance::dance::dance:

Look at that beautiful line! You guys are really giving me hope about this 10dpo testing...

Congratulations! Yay, yay, yay!

Thanks Harley!

And just because it's never quite real until you see it on a Frer... :haha:

Attachments

• 11-12-12 (10dpo).jpg
    11-12-12 (10dpo).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2
Yay Spiffy!!! :happydance: I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!

Oh spiffy I'm so so happy for you! Woohoo for 10dpo! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

What's your due date based on LMP? Must be pretty close to mine :happydance:

I know! 10 dpo is the lucky day this month! :haha:

Pie, my due date is July 26th, one day before DH's birthday! :flower:

So I just called and made my first OB appointment, and thankfully the OB I wanted was still taking new patients. My appointment is January 8th, which seems like forever from now. Thankfully the Christmas season will make it go a little quicker. :)

Ooh I'm about a week before you on 17th :flower: It's so exciting!

I haven't got an appointment with a midwife yet, I called on Thursday and it says it takes 4-7 days for them to get back to you. I'm kind of hoping I don't get the same one I had last time because she scared the living daylights out of DH when I collapsed, saying she thought I had eclampsia and that it was life or death.

Pie, you don't get to pick your midwife?

Okay ladies, I sort of have a confession to make. :blush: I actually took a test at 7 dpo, but felt kind of embarassed for breaking down so early, so I kept it to myself, but now that I go back and look at that test, I think there was the faintest of lines. Does anyone else see what I mean? If you don't see anything, it's okay, since I'm already sure I'm pregnant :haha:)

Attachments

• 11-9-12 (7dpo).jpg
    11-9-12 (7dpo).jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79