Anyone TTC while breastfeeding want to buddy up?

Hi can I also join??
My son is 13 months and we still feed once in the morning afternoon before bed and once or twice during the night but the night ones are clearly for comfort. We co slept till a week ago and he is now in his own bed and it has been a lot easier than I thought!!

I got my ppaf at 8 months and they were all over the shop at first but they are now between 30-33 days and I have only ovulated the last 2 cycles.
I have been charting for the last 2 also.
I have ver low progesterone so it may take us a long time (took us 3 and a half years for ds) but I am hoping it is much quicker this time as last time my cycles were any where from 40-70 days long and most of the time I wasn't ovulating!!

We are co-sleeping too, but only because she feeds SO much :wacko: When I get preg it all changes though; I'll have to get stricter with her,but at the same time I hope that by then she'll have a better appetite for solids and take less milk anyway.

Cacahuete, what's the benefit in a longer LP? Is that just for ladies that ovulate later? When we TTC'd before I would either have a 17day LP or a 14 day LP, so it was never an issue, but this time might be different.

If your egg gets fertilized, and tries to implant, and if you have a short lp , it means your lining could start to break away and your period will start before its fully implanted, so you need to have a Lp of 10 or more days , most people have a Lp of 13 or 14 days , it doesn't change regardless of the cycle length , the hormones in bf can shorten the lp though but vit b or progestrone will lengthen it

Hi to all the new ladies! It is great to see so many others who are TTC and breastfeeding. :)

I had a temp drop today so I am really hoping that I ovulate this time. I'm on CD 42 and this will be the third time my body has tried. I tried giving my DD a bottle overnight last night and she wanted nothing to do with it. So I ended up nursing at 10:30 pm and 3:30 am, which I actually a really good night for us.

Is anyone close to testing? My period is due around the 31st so I'm probably going to give it til Feb 10th before I test. Luckily for my sanity, I'm too busy with my son to try to sit down and symptom spot lol!

Is anyone close to testing? My period is due around the 31st so I'm probably going to give it til Feb 10th before I test. Luckily for my sanity, I'm too busy with my son to try to sit down and symptom spot lol!

You are so patient! I could never hold out that long. I start testing at 9 DPO. And if I ever ovulate this cycle I definitely won't be able to hold out any longer!

Haha thanksss but the only reason I'm so patient is because I'm broke and I'll only have some disposable income around that time. otherwise i'd be going nuts testing! haha

Hi ladies, can i join you? I am breastfeeding my 13 month old and my period only came back 3 days after she turned 1 (on xmas day!), we started trying straight away but the witch got me again over the weekend. So now on cd3 of cycle 2!

hi ladies! would love to join you!:wave:

i am still bfing, no desire to stop til he is ready. we are technically ntnp, but my DH is hinting that he really wants another, so we are not going all out ttc but def adding extra efforts. really just gonna time a little better around o and maybe not get up so fast after.

i am on my 2nd cycle since my son was born and i have no cm around o time :( i temp, so i know im o'ing. i also dont feel o like i used to. no cramps at all. if i didnt have the temp shift i wouldnt even know!

thinking of using epo, preseed, grapefruit juice, guafinesin, who knows!!! i have never had a prob with cm, so im lost!

I think the Vitex is doig what I fear:( My OPK was darker 2 days ago than today although I should just be Ovulating now or in a day or 2 so that was too early and now nothing:( So sad, I always ovulated at least now I probably fecked that all up.

hi ladies! would love to join you!:wave:

i am still bfing, no desire to stop til he is ready. we are technically ntnp, but my DH is hinting that he really wants another, so we are not going all out ttc but def adding extra efforts. really just gonna time a little better around o and maybe not get up so fast after.

i am on my 2nd cycle since my son was born and i have no cm around o time :( i temp, so i know im o'ing. i also dont feel o like i used to. no cramps at all. if i didnt have the temp shift i wouldnt even know!

thinking of using epo, preseed, grapefruit juice, guafinesin, who knows!!! i have never had a prob with cm, so im lost!

I am having the opposite problem. Tons of cm, cramps etc with no temp shift (and no O). It's crazy how our bodies react to BFing.

I think the Vitex is doig what I fear:( My OPK was darker 2 days ago than today although I should just be Ovulating now or in a day or 2 so that was too early and now nothing:( So sad, I always ovulated at least now I probably fecked that all up.

Are you temping?

No I am not temping. There's def no way I get 3 hours of uninterupted sleep in teh mornings so not sure how that would ever work:(
I would love to temp though for a chart.

Fainter line today. So my near postiive was CD10...not sure if that means I ever ovulated crazy early with no symptoms, or if body was preparing for it and never happened.

So frustrating to not know.

What all is everyone taking that is safe for Breastfeeding?

I never temp first thing in the morning because of the sleep problem so I wait for an hour after I have been up so I know I will always be doing the same thing and I saw a change for ovulation.

The :witch: got me today though and found out I only have a 10 day lp. Would that be because of breastfeeding or was I like that before? I´ve only done temps for 1 cycle.

I never temp first thing in the morning because of the sleep problem so I wait for an hour after I have been up so I know I will always be doing the same thing and I saw a change for ovulation.

The :witch: got me today though and found out I only have a 10 day lp. Would that be because of breastfeeding or was I like that before? I´ve only done temps for 1 cycle.

Breastfeeding can definitely shorten your LP. Hard to know for sure if you didn't chart before but from what I've read it's not uncommon.

I never thought of temping later, nor have I ever heard of anyone mention it or doing it. This is for sure a way of tracking ovulation? thats cool if it works, i could actually do it!

I have also shortenend LP due to breast feeding is common. Actually, I think its back a page in this thread. I thought htere was an explanation.

I set an alarm for 4:45 AM, temp then, and pass back out. That way I'm less likely to have irratic temping times. Only works if you can reliably go back to sleep though.

I could probably go back to sleep,,,,just whether or not I was sleeping before that for 2 or 3 hours is the question. not usually.

I never thought of temping later, nor have I ever heard of anyone mention it or doing it. This is for sure a way of tracking ovulation? thats cool if it works, i could actually do it!

I have also shortenend LP due to breast feeding is common. Actually, I think its back a page in this thread. I thought htere was an explanation.

Well I just thought pointless doing it early morning as never know how LO will sleep so If I do it at the same time when I know I´ll be doing the same thing everyday and see if i see a pattern and i did. xxx

i tried maca to regulate my cycle and i got engorged and started to get mastitis. not doing that again. i just got my supply back to normal.

tried epo the last few days, started on cd2 and went til cd5. i kept bleeding pretty heavy when i am usually done by cd4. today is cd6 for me and im still spotting :( not taking it anymore. hopefully its not gonna mess anything up.

i was thinking of vitex, but im not sure i want to chance something else messing up...:nope:

im up a few times a night nursing and i still temp. i can see a clear shift after i o, but it probably doesnt work for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->