Anyone TTC while breastfeeding want to buddy up?

Yes, implantation dip! Cant wait to see what it is tomorrow.

My OPK is positive but lighter today. So....any guesses, did I O last night, this morning, or still yet to O? I don't really care I guess, but just nice to know what DPO I am. I know its all speculation since I didn't temp, but typically when the fade out begins on OPK is that post O or does the surge begin fading out before O?

for me it was the day after my first pos opk. i know everyone is different though. so if i had your results i would have said yesterday or today was o day.

I don't think it's implantation. I am spotting red now.

Hmmmm a 7-8 day LP is not going to help me get pregnant!

If it stays spotting do you think it could be implantation bleed? I hope it´s not AF. xxx

If it stays spotting do you think it could be implantation bleed? I hope it´s not AF. xxx

No unfortunately it is heavy this morning. :( Fx for a longer LP next time!

Awe boo to the short LP. Anything yo ucan take to try and lengthen?

I've read that B6 can help so I ordered some to try. I'm planning to take 50 mg/day and I checked with my doc and she said its safe when breastfeeding (she also seemed skeptical about its effectiveness - I think she thinks its Internet voodoo, which it very well may be!).

I think I read evening primrose oil is also good? It's safe while BF in "normal" doses; I used to use it for my migraines.

Well, the good news is that I seem to be ovulating! Planning on getting some good :sex: in tonight :lol: I thought I might be starting the 2WW 9 days ago, but that was a false alarm, so I'm more than ready for it now.

Re the positive OPK, I'm new to it (this is my first month), but I've been reading a lot and from what I understand, your egg is released within 12-36hrs of first seeing the positive on the OPK. However I've heard of OPKs being positive for up to 5 days (continuous), so I have no idea when ovulation might occur in that event; I'd just say to BD as much as possible within that time to catch the egg.

I had a positive this morning. I'm going to do another OPK this afternoon/evening and BD tonight, and I assume that ovulation day is tomorrow, and on Wednesday I'll be 1DPO... though I am new to this so really I have no idea :haha:

We didn't DTD one night that I feel was crucial because OH fell asleep like a load. Oh well, it is what it is I guess! I hate feeling guilty though!

I am either 2 or 3 DPO. Ovulated around the 8th or 9th. Guess I am in a Tww but not super duper positive about it due to the timing but we shall see!

How's everyone doing? I'm CD 6 today -- nothing exciting will be happening for days and days (usually O on CD 16).

I'm impatient as ever - CD20 now, and I think I'm 2DPO. Playing the waiting game now. Took a HPT earlier in the hope of getting a BFP on Valentine's Day :blush: I did get a near positive OPK on CD10 though, so it wasn't a completely random testing, but I was 99% sure it would be negative. Sadly it was BFN, though it would have been cool to have a Valentine's BFP! Ahh well, worth a try I guess.

BTW for those of you that are temping with a LO who is a bad sleeper; how do you ensure you can temp accurately each day? I'm supposed to temp at 7:30am, but I've missed a couple of temps because LO has been restless and I've been awake ages by then :wacko: As far as I'm aware, even if you stay in bed (we co-sleep), being awake will alter your temps? Frustrating BTW :wacko: I was wondering if there was a more foolproof way of temping.

We didn't DTD one night that I feel was crucial because OH fell asleep like a load. Oh well, it is what it is I guess! I hate feeling guilty though!

I am either 2 or 3 DPO. Ovulated around the 8th or 9th. Guess I am in a Tww but not super duper positive about it due to the timing but we shall see!
We only DTD once in my fertile period, because OH wasn't feeling it :( Normally he's as horny as a dog, but now we're TTC I think he feels a little like I'm just using him. Obviously I want to get pregnant; I hate TTC and it's a mission to find time for sex, with the kids around all day and LO cluster-feeding in the evening and co-sleeping at night, so I don't want to be doing this forever, and I don't think every other day around my fertile period is too much to ask TBH :shrug: At the same time I know I have to be sensitive to his feelings. How do you handle something like that?

BTW for those of you that are temping with a LO who is a bad sleeper; how do you ensure you can temp accurately each day? I'm supposed to temp at 7:30am, but I've missed a couple of temps because LO has been restless and I've been awake ages by then :wacko: As far as I'm aware, even if you stay in bed (we co-sleep), being awake will alter your temps? Frustrating BTW :wacko: I was wondering if there was a more foolproof way of temping.

I picked at time (4:45 am) that my baby is usually asleep and temp then. I set an alarm and then go back to sleep. Some days I didn't have a ton of sleep before temping but I just made a note so I could discard wonky temps later.

I'm impatient as ever - CD20 now, and I think I'm 2DPO. Playing the waiting game now. Took a HPT earlier in the hope of getting a BFP on Valentine's Day :blush: I did get a near positive OPK on CD10 though, so it wasn't a completely random testing, but I was 99% sure it would be negative. Sadly it was BFN, though it would have been cool to have a Valentine's BFP! Ahh well, worth a try I guess.

We only DTD once in my fertile period, because OH wasn't feeling it :( Normally he's as horny as a dog, but now we're TTC I think he feels a little like I'm just using him. Obviously I want to get pregnant; I hate TTC and it's a mission to find time for sex, with the kids around all day and LO cluster-feeding in the evening and co-sleeping at night, so I don't want to be doing this forever, and I don't think every other day around my fertile period is too much to ask TBH :shrug: At the same time I know I have to be sensitive to his feelings. How do you handle something like that?
lol. i don't deal with it well and harbor some blame inside when i get BFN because, yea, he needs to make the effort to sta awake on the nights that it matters for this to work. Grrr

^^^^ not sure why that top quote is up there, I wasn't multi quoting!

_________
i am 5 dpo i think. nothing but some cramping so that was disturbing. I hope I am not PMSing yet but this is around the time I would PMS if I didn't ovulate late....so, sigh. Who knows? i will keep you all posted! Am going to order a new basal thermometer so I can join the ranks of the charting next cycle:)

I've read that B6 can help so I ordered some to try. I'm planning to take 50 mg/day and I checked with my doc and she said its safe when breastfeeding (she also seemed skeptical about its effectiveness - I think she thinks its Internet voodoo, which it very well may be!).

i had about a 10 day lp and b-6 lengthened it to 14 days the first month using it, i was prego the next month. that was with baby #4. i used natural progesterone cream with the next 2 babies :) hope it helps you!

i think i ovulated today :happydance: will know if my temp goes up tomorrow

i had about a 10 day lp and b-6 lengthened it to 14 days the first month using it, i was prego the next month. that was with baby #4. i used natural progesterone cream with the next 2 babies :) hope it helps you!

i think i ovulated today :happydance: will know if my temp goes up tomorrow

That is good to hear! Seems like the B6 really worked for you. Hope you get another high temp tomorrow. Your chart is looking good.

I should be O'ing around next weekend, but my DD has come down with a nasty illness and is BFing constantly so I think I will probably have another delayed O this cycle. Oh well... it's nice that I can comfort her with nursing. It's the only thing that is working at the moment!

Not sure what´s going on with my chart as don´t seem to have a huge rise for ovulation....

Does anyone have any esperience of TTC while BF and not ovulating? The websites I can find all suggest to quit BF, or limit night feeds - neither of which I can do.

Does anyone know of any supplements I can take to help me ovulate, that are safe for LO while I'm BF? I've heard of Red Clover, Soy Isoflavones and Agnus Castus, but I don't know much about them.

Any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->