Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

Got our bfp at 9dpo.
Hoping for a healthy sticky bean this time.

Hey Congrats!! how long did you try? *sending sticky wibes*

i had a +opt a few back, i seriously forgot when, but i am having mild period cramps now (AF should be due around the 8th, even though i`m pretty sure my opt was taken longer than 1 week ago..) so i think it' ll be AF soon..
i have/had pcos, so im trying to cut down on carbs, but it is soooo difficult!!!!! that always influences my cycle :(

since LO is feeding less often than before i am nursin more regularly , like 3-4 times a day, he gets formula at 10pm then he sleeps til 6am, so it makes my last breast feeding session at 6pm..that should be still good for my cycle right?!

I'm not too sure if I'm dpo or still about to O! Opks don't work with me and not charting- just kind of going with the flow.
Congrats twinmummy!! Amazing! Praying for a sticky for you!! X

Actually just feeling O pain which usually means O in a few days for me. That would make my luteal phase around 10 days- is that too short?

Hi ladies, thought I'd let you all know that I got my BFP this morning at 11dpo. I still can't quite believe it, last month my luteal phase was only 8 days, and the month before that it was 4 days!!! Vitamin b6 was worth its weight in gold! Sending baby dust, hope you all get your BFPs soon xx

Hi ladies, thought I'd let you all know that I got my BFP this morning at 11dpo. I still can't quite believe it, last month my luteal phase was only 8 days, and the month before that it was 4 days!!! Vitamin b6 was worth its weight in gold! Sending baby dust, hope you all get your BFPs soon xx

Congratulations! :happydance:

Hi ladies,

I'm EBF my little boy, he's 6 months old now. He's been STTN since about 2 1/2 months old. I got my first AF back June 18th at 5 1/2 months PP. It lasted for about 8 days, and was just super light spotting most of the time. I'm fairly sure I ovulated yesterday, going off of opk's and ewcm.

dinosaur2010 - before this month, I've never experienced O pain. But I think I did this time... does it feel kind of crampy on one side kind of like AF? I also spotted yesterday, just a little bit. Just some pink when I wiped.

Congrats to you! And that's amazing news about luteal phase, Did your doctor prescribe B6 or did you just buy it? I don't know much about it!

Hi ladies,

I'm EBF my little boy, he's 6 months old now. He's been STTN since about 2 1/2 months old. I got my first AF back June 18th at 5 1/2 months PP. It lasted for about 8 days, and was just super light spotting most of the time. I'm fairly sure I ovulated yesterday, going off of opk's and ewcm.

dinosaur2010 - before this month, I've never experienced O pain. But I think I did this time... does it feel kind of crampy on one side kind of like AF? I also spotted yesterday, just a little bit. Just some pink when I wiped.
My O pain has always been a sharp stitch type pain, more annoying than sore. I've had this since being a teenager, but always on the left- this time it was the right side!

*mutters about breastfeeding & ttc*

Sooooo... I hate my body right now. lol I thought I was ovulating this weekend. My opk's were getting darker starting Saturday, got positive on Sunday (had a teeny bit of spotting, thought it might have been O spotting), and then yesterday they were darn close to positive still. I had EWCM, and Sunday was very wet with ewcm. Last night the spotting got a bit heavier.

This morning, woke up and have cramping like AF and lots of darker red spotting like AF... had a ton of bloody cm. But only when I wipe, it hasn't made it to my panty liner at all, but I know it's got to be AF. It's too dark and with the cramps? *sigh* It's only been 19 or 20 days since my last bleeding ended!!

Breastfeeding might be great for kiddo, but it sucks for TTC!!! :wacko:

*mutters about breastfeeding & ttc*

Sooooo... I hate my body right now. lol I thought I was ovulating this weekend. My opk's were getting darker starting Saturday, got positive on Sunday (had a teeny bit of spotting, thought it might have been O spotting), and then yesterday they were darn close to positive still. I had EWCM, and Sunday was very wet with ewcm. Last night the spotting got a bit heavier.

This morning, woke up and have cramping like AF and lots of darker red spotting like AF... had a ton of bloody cm. But only when I wipe, it hasn't made it to my panty liner at all, but I know it's got to be AF. It's too dark and with the cramps? *sigh* It's only been 19 or 20 days since my last bleeding ended!!

Breastfeeding might be great for kiddo, but it sucks for TTC!!! :wacko:

I know what you mean! I think we will just have to wait it out. Plenty ladies get pg while bfeeding while other have to wean. We just have to keep trying and hope we are the lucky ones!! I'm not ready to start weaning yet so I'm going to give the B6 a go and see what happens x

Congrats to you! And that's amazing news about luteal phase, Did your doctor prescribe B6 or did you just buy it? I don't know much about it!

Thanks! It wasn't prescribed, I just bought it from Morrisons, but I've seen it in Asda also. Or they do slightly stronger stuff in Holland and Barrett. I was only taking 10mg a day for the first month, which gave me an extra 4 days on my LP, then the second month I went up to 40mg, which got me my BFP. I read that you can safely take up to 200mg a day short term, but that seems like a lot to me!

Also, you're supposed to take it alongside vitamin b12 so that it can be absorbed by the body, but I wasn't taking any extra b12 (only the small amount that was part of my conception support vitamins). Hope that helps, good luck! x

Thanks! It wasn't prescribed, I just bought it from Morrisons, but I've seen it in Asda also. Or they do slightly stronger stuff in Holland and Barrett. I was only taking 10mg a day for the first month, which gave me an extra 4 days on my LP, then the second month I went up to 40mg, which got me my BFP. I read that you can safely take up to 200mg a day short term, but that seems like a lot to me!

Also, you're supposed to take it alongside vitamin b12 so that it can be absorbed by the body, but I wasn't taking any extra b12 (only the small amount that was part of my conception support vitamins). Hope that helps, good luck! x

Just ordered some from Holland and Barrat 100mg so I'll give it a go. They seem pretty good anyway, for energy, wellbeing etc I'll keep you posted in the coming months!

I'm tempted to try that as well... I'm assuming it's okay when still breastfeeding?

Just ordered some from Holland and Barrat 100mg so I'll give it a go. They seem pretty good anyway, for energy, wellbeing etc I'll keep you posted in the coming months!

Good luck, hope it works for you!

I'm tempted to try that as well... I'm assuming it's okay when still breastfeeding?

Yes, it's perfectly safe to take while breastfeeding :)

Hi Ladies,
Can I join you! We're TTC baby #3, and breastfeeding #2 (5 months)
I got my first postpartum +ve ovulation test then AF (or what I assume was AF) 5 days later, it was really light and no cramps though. Anyway, assuming that was AF, I'm CD 9 today and waiting to ovulate and get back in the 2ww. I think I might give b6 a go as well, sounds like it can't hurt!
Congratulations to the BFPs and good luck to all of you!
xxx

Just out of interest have any of you had to wait a bit longer for your BFP? I know HCG is in your breastmilk, so wondered if that affected the urine concentration of hcg as well?
(I'm not completely convinced about the bleeding being AF and wanted to test as I'm feeling a bit off, don't want to waste tests though by testing too early)

Just out of interest have any of you had to wait a bit longer for your BFP? I know HCG is in your breastmilk, so wondered if that affected the urine concentration of hcg as well?
(I'm not completely convinced about the bleeding being AF and wanted to test as I'm feeling a bit off, don't want to waste tests though by testing too early)

As far as the light bleeding, sounds like your system is trying to get back into the swing of things. My first bleed was at 5 1/2 months, and it was nothing more than light spotting for about 8 days and no cramping whatsoever. Enough that it was always there and red when I wiped, but not enough to really make it to a panty liner.
The second time it showed up was about 19 days later, and it was the same thing except this time it's only lasted about 3 or 4 days but I got cramping with it this time around. Nothing major but enough that I noticed the cramping and figured AF was coming. But it came at the same time I was getting my first positive opk's. :dohh: So I'm not sure if I was actually ovulating, or if it was just a mini surge due to AF. :shrug:

I picked up some B6 and B12 last night, will give it a go!

I've done a bit of reading about B6 and its fine to take during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
I'm getting my usual twinges so AF is on the way :( should be due around Monday.
Positive about my B6 cycle next month though!!
Welcome low bird!! I hope #3 comes quickly for you! My cycles took a good few months I regulate themselves at first x

This is probably a silly question, but do we take the B6 only for a certain time period, or just every day until our cycles regulate?

I was wondering the same thing Kalyrra!!
I've decided to write this month off with regards to TTC, I've run out of ov tests until my new order arrives in the post, so we're just going to dtd when we feel like it and I'll start keeping an eye on ovulation etc after next af. Kinda hoping we catch the eggy this month but no big deal if we don't as I'm not really expecting too.
Have any of you newly pregnant ladies noticed any effect on your supply? My 5month old is still ebf and I worry a little that it will upset my supply, I fed my DD until I was 7 month preggy with Noah, but she was a lot older than he is. Hoping starting solids in a few weeks will help my cycle settle down.

I was taking the b6 every day throughout my cycle :)

I haven't noticed any effect on my supply yet, but my 10 month old is only BF'ing twice a day, first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->