Anyone TTC while breastfeeding?

AF got me yesterday :( onto cycle #6 we go......
Just waiting on my b6 arriving now. Had the worst PMS yesterday hopefully the b6 will calm that down too!!

I don't know what my cycle is doing. Really. lol

I started taking B12 and B6 along with my prenatal vitamins this past week. I thought I was ovulating last weekend, but then I lightly bled/spotted for 3 days during that time. Had a positive opk last Sunday, but it may have been from AF? I don't know. So right now, I have no idea if I'm 7 DPO, or CD7. :haha:

The last day or so I've had a fair amount of ewcm though. I think it's probably from the B6, but I'm not completely sure.

Stupid body. I'm so confused. :wacko:

Now I'm really confused. I took an opk this afternoon, and it came up positive before the urine was even done moving across the control line! So maybe the last ones I thought were positive was from AF or wasn't quite positive since those took around 5 min to look close to positive. Who knows? I'm thinking the b6 has helped... I've had lots of CM since starting to take it. Hubby is on night shift, so I "made" him do a quickie before he left for work just in case.... Lol!

I have no idea what my body is up to this month either! I had negative OPK's last week, then I ran out and had to wait 3 days for my new ones to arrive. I'm pretty sure I O'd either Monday or Tuesday (possibly Sunday) and I'm 90% sure I'm past ovulation now. Did an ov test this morning and it came up negative, but could see the test line. Then this evening just the control line came up, so I assume my LH levels are dropping post O. (Sorry, that was a bit long winded, but it helps to write it down)!
Anyway, we got a BD or two in over the weekend, so round about the right time. Using preseed and had heaps of ov pain. Now just to wait and see if AF gets me in a few days or if luteal phase is a bit longer this month. If the witch arrives soon, I'm off to buy some B6.

Crossing my fingers that you caught it! I wish I had Ov pain, or at least knew when I was ovulating. lol I took the first Opk last night around 5 p.m., and I took another this morning around 10 a.m. and it's still just as positive as last night's, although it took a minute longer to turn dark compared to yesterday. Hubby is sleeping all day, but I might try to talk him into another quickie before he leaves for work again! :haha:

I've heard that B6 is best when taken as a vitamin B complex, or at least with b12 to help it absorb better? We use pre-seed too. I'm not sure if the B6 causes more ewcm or just more cm in general, but I've noticed a good bit more since starting it, so that's at least helpful! You'll have to let me know if you start it whether or not that's true or if it's all in my head. :wacko:

When you start solids with LO, do you start with cereal? I tried a little bit of oatmeal cereal with LO this morning. He wasn't quite sure what to think of it. I kept it pretty runny/watery. I didn't know how thick it should be the first little while? But I want to get him started on solids so if/when I do get pregnant again, it won't be as big a deal for him to wean.

Noah is loving his solids :) I did the baby cereal thing with Tilly, but started Noah on mashed potato mixed with breast milks so it was still quite runny. Gave him that for a few days, then I gave him savoury baby food from a jar one night and pureed dinner last night. Tonight I'm making him baby custard. Once he's a bit older he can just have what we have for dinner pureed, and some cooked carrot sticks and other softish type big foods so he can feed himself a bit too.
With the ov tests you should ov with in 24-48hrs of your first positive result, it doesn't matter how long they stay positive, it's the first positive you go off.

Has anyone else heard about the higher incidence of twins in breastfeeding Mum's? It will be interesting to see if any of us have a double suprise!

oh, and you don't have to wean if you get pregnant! Unless of course you want to, I fed Tilly until she selfweaned and I was 7months pregnant with Noah :)

With the ov tests you should ov with in 24-48hrs of your first positive result, it doesn't matter how long they stay positive, it's the first positive you go off.

Has anyone else heard about the higher incidence of twins in breastfeeding Mum's? It will be interesting to see if any of us have a double suprise!

I've never heard about the twins possibility? That could be interesting! lol

I tried a little bit of oatmeal cereal with LO this morning. I'm not sure how it went over, I left it pretty runny and most of it came back out his mouth. :haha: I would definitely prefer to skip the cereal and give him real food though! I know you don't have to wean if you get pregnant... I'm rather hoping he'll self wean. But I don't want him to get suddenly turned off by breastmilk changes and have to try to adapt to solids right away either! I was hoping for a more gradual change.

I knew the 24-48 hrs thing, but last time I got a positive on an OPK, I started bleeding for 3 days. :dohh: And that was 10 days ago(ish). I think my body has tried ovulating a few times and didn't succeed... I'm hoping it did this time! I guess I'll find out in the next 10-14 days hopefully! And then I'll also know how well the B6 is going. :flower:

I had the same thing. positive opk then a bleed a few days later, I know you can get an LH surge just before AF so I'm wondering if I picked that up rather than ovulation xx

I had the same thing. positive opk then a bleed a few days later, I know you can get an LH surge just before AF so I'm wondering if I picked that up rather than ovulation xx

I think that's what mine did 2 weeks ago. The line was the same color as the control line, but then I started the light bleed. The positive I got 2 or 3 days ago was way darker than the control line, so I'm crossing my fingers that I actually ovulated! I felt a bit different, so hoping I did. I think up until now, the 2 times I had light bleeds, the cycles were anovulatory. Not to mention way too short!

I don't think we really did well with the BD though. When we got pregnant, we were following the SMEP plan... so we had a few times in before I actually ovulated, plenty of time for swimmers to hang around and ambush the egg! :haha:

This time, I hadn't taken opk's for a few days, so I was really surprised to get that dark line so quickly! I think I ovulated within 24 hrs of that line. We DTD starting that day, and have done it every day since. So hoping maybe we caught it, but not overly confident that we did. :shrug: Time will tell! Hoping the B6 has evened my cycle out a bit more as well. Either I'll fall preggers, or have AF. At this moment, I really wouldn't mind either one as strange as that sounds!

I know the feeling, there's a massive part of me that want's to get pregnant, and I hate the 2ww, as I just want to know either way. But there's also a part of me that is happy with the way things are right now and I'm happy to wait for the next bubba to come along when it's ready.
With my last pregnancy we BD on CD14, Ov CD 15 and BFP at 10dpo. We only managed to BD once that month, so you're in with a chance!! :)

I'm guessing AF didn't show up and the LH surge you caught must have been for O?

I'm hating the wait. I was looking at the calendar, and my last cycle was 20 days long. I figure if I have a 20 day cycle this time, I'll only have a 10 day LP. I hope the B6 is helping, and stretches my LP out! I figure I'm probably 3 DPO today. So, at least another week of waiting. Certainly makes the days go by slowly, doesn't it? :haha:

I'm roughly 6 dpo today. I had a light bleed after my positive Ov test, so I assume that was a pre AF LH surge, and I'm onto a proper cycle now. If I Oed when I think I did I'd be 5-6dpo. Just waiting to see if and when AF shows so I know whether I need to give the B6 a go. I'm just assuming we didn't catch the egg this month and feeling suprisingly relaxed! I'll know either way by this time next week :)

Well, was feeling a bit out of sorts last evening, then woke up with chills and a fever during the night. This morning, still a fever, rather nauseated and (tmi) in the bathroom every 5-10 minutes. Wondering if I caught a stomach bug. *sigh*

So much for watching for any symptoms! Lol

Oh no! Hugs, Hope you feel better soon!
I feel completely normal, not a single symptom to "spot"! hehe! I'm pretty convinced we didn't catch the egg this month, but thats ok. x

Going to be at DH's parents house during my O this month so will hav to try and squeeze in a few sexy times!! Only thing is the room we are usually in has a door with glass panels and no glass!! Lol! It's an ongoing refurbishment! Should be fun!

Going to be at DH's parents house during my O this month so will hav to try and squeeze in a few sexy times!! Only thing is the room we are usually in has a door with glass panels and no glass!! Lol! It's an ongoing refurbishment! Should be fun!

That should make things exciting!! :haha:

iow_bird - yeah, I'm pretty convinced we didn't catch it either. At the moment I couldn't care less... it's been a really long day! I don't even want to contemplate how much Elmo has been on to keep LO occupied. I've been in the bathroom more than with him! Running a temp of around 101.5, and super nauseated. Not sure what I caught, but even if we did catch the egg, I doubt it would survive the maelstrom that is my body right now. :wacko::dohh:

Oh no, you poor thing, being sick and looking after a baby is no fun at all! Hope you get better soon xxx

I was naughty and tested today. 7dpo, so wasn't really expecting anything, I just seem to like peeing on things!! Anyway, I think I got a bad evap... but will post the picture, can you guys see the line?

Attachments

• DSCN8818.jpg
    DSCN8818.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 13
Faintly I think- 7dpo, it wouldn't have implanted yet would it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->