Anyone using cbfm/opks after m/c?

Hi ladies,

Just wondered (a bit of a long shot really) if any of you ladies are using a cbfm after your loss? and if you are how are you getting on with it?

Also if any ladies are using opks how long after your m/c did you o?

Thanks in advance ladies any answers are really appriciated (sp).:flower:

I ovulated on CD 17 after my miscarriage last month. I counted my AF as first day of bleeding with m/c. It was a strange cycle though because I began spotting on 7 dpo and continued to spot until AF arrived on 11 dpo.

Florida family, were you temping, using opks, cbfm?

Mellybell - I MC Sunday 3rd - 11 days ago (I think the day before your loss) and I just wanted to say my HPT was clear 2days ago (Tuesday). I bought some IC and they are green handles/tips didn't realize what a bad wrap they get !! When I went back to look at my hpt hours later there's a very very very (tilt in the light to see kind of thing) evap line, can see that it could be confusing if you were testing for pregnancy !

So I'm 11 days post MC after hours on the net I'm still non the wiser ! I'm so impatient and hate not knowing what's happening to my body ! If I counted Start of MC as CD1 im now CD14, but then it was a MMC which had started to happen a wk before I sadly was aware, so that might affect things, or do I count when I actually passed the baby, making me CD11 - or from when I stopped bleeding which I would be CD6 !!!!! Who knows !!!! So I've given in and bought some CB Opks !!! I'll give one a whirl this afternoon and see what the LH levels are looking like !!!

Pre MC for the first time in my life I had excellent 28 day cycles just hope my body behaves !!!!

How's everyone else at the moment ??!!

Jo
Xxx

Here is my 2pm OPK. I think I might have some LH floating around now.
1411opk.jpg

Mellybell - I MC Sunday 3rd - 11 days ago (I think the day before your loss) and I just wanted to say my HPT was clear 2days ago (Tuesday). I bought some IC and they are green handles/tips didn't realize what a bad wrap they get !! When I went back to look at my hpt hours later there's a very very very (tilt in the light to see kind of thing) evap line, can see that it could be confusing if you were testing for pregnancy !

So I'm 11 days post MC after hours on the net I'm still non the wiser ! I'm so impatient and hate not knowing what's happening to my body ! If I counted Start of MC as CD1 im now CD14, but then it was a MMC which had started to happen a wk before I sadly was aware, so that might affect things, or do I count when I actually passed the baby, making me CD11 - or from when I stopped bleeding which I would be CD6 !!!!! Who knows !!!! So I've given in and bought some CB Opks !!! I'll give one a whirl this afternoon and see what the LH levels are looking like !!!

Pre MC for the first time in my life I had excellent 28 day cycles just hope my body behaves !!!!

How's everyone else at the moment ??!!

Jo
Xxx

Hey hunni,

I know its so confusing :wacko: Ive had high on my cbfm for 8 days now still no sign of me peaking and everyone seems different! My cycles were bang on 28 days like you and now I dont know where to put myself.

I m/c on the 28th March which was 2 weeks ago monday, Im hoping I may get a peak from two weeks after the bleeding stopped which would be tomorow/sat but Im not banking on it, for once I want to be in the tww and enjoy it but it seems a long way off at the min!!!

Well good luck will you let me know how you get on please?!:hugs:

Hey ladies,

Quick update, after I wrote this I had an awfull pain in my left hip area like cramping/trapped wind. It lasted about 15 mins and really knocked the wind out of me I also felt a bit sicky with it, hoping it was o so I just compared my cbfm that Ive been doing and it looks different today, I normally get two lines and today there is just one very dark one so Im thinking that as Ive had so many highs perhaps the hormone levels were not quite high enough to trigger a peak.:shrug:

See what you think, if you can see a difference the one to the far right is todays....

Cbfm sticks.jpg

Ps its alot darker irl.....

Yippy!! Just had a look on poas.com and it confirms that my stick is the same as a peak!!

I dont know how theyre supposed to look, never used a cbfm. But that line is definately darker. Do you normally get O pain? Any other O signs, ewcm? If so, then drag your husband to the bedroom woman!!! You've got work to do!

Narla have you searched the fertility friend Opk/hpt gallery ? Loads of pictures on there I used to read my sticks with the naked eye as I got given a pack of 20 and had no monitor As you probably know, the LH line gets darker and the 2nd line is the oestrogen , and the oestrogen line shows LIGHTER as you ovulate. So your pic looks pretty promising !! Have you also done a hpt to see if that's clear ? I get confused to which ladies have done what on these threads lol !!!

fWIW It was looking at my Cbfm sticks just a few days before AF was due that made me think I was pregnant (later confirmed by several CBs but sadly MC) a lot cheaper than HPTs and I'd always confirm with a HPT but worth remembering that they can give you a pretty good idea if to get your hopes up or not ! Plus stupidly maybe i think it's a little less emotional POA(Cbfm)S than getting a negative hpt !!

Anyway I'm rambling - anyone having any ov signs ?!
My Opk did show a line but not darker than control Hopefully it means I'm gearing up to ov !!

Baby dust to all xxxxxxx Jo xxxxxxxx

Hi ya,

No I havent but I will now you suggested it!! Yea my hpts were clear by the 4th day of bleeding, did a hpt earlier this week and it was neg so nothing left in my system!

I didnt realise you could read them as a hpt aswell, how do you read them if your looking for pregnancy?!!! Lets hope I can try that in the not to distant future!!

Glad to hear your gearing up to o, I never thought Id be so excited waiting for it but I was!!!

Thanks for the info, let me know how you get on wont you.

Kate.x

Hi Hun Basically you are looking for a peak stick leading up to AF A nice Clear LH line that gets darker each day (POAS.com explain the link between hcg and LH really well)

So "most" people don't see LH pre AF so the LH on the stick is actually picking up the hcg, and then the oestrogen lingering in the body to sustain pgncy

It's not fool proof as some women will show LH but it worked for me last time and confirmed my sisters pregnancy 2weeks later (which is hard to be honest at the moment but positive thinking positive thinking !!)

Again FF gallery shows you Opk used as hpt and POAS explain it really well (some suggestion that the CBFM sticks are the same as those used in the cb digi HPTs)

Disclaimer !!!!!! Lol !!!!!! Always double check any possible OPKs with a hpt !! But you will know whether it's worth a hpt or not by using the CBFM stick !!!

Gosh I'm rambling of on one today !!!

:dust: jo xx

I made a thread in the gallery about using opks as hpts when pregnant. I peed on a LOT of sticks when I got my bfp. Will find it tomorrow. Im on my ph right now and its 2.40am. I guess tomorrows temp will be no good!

Lol MB ! I get up during the night and end up on my ph searching random things !
I used to temp when breastfeeding several tines a night, it was a little random but you should still get definite dips and rises !! Lol ! I'm just waiting for DH to come in from work and then I'll do dinner !!! Oh the international time zones !!!!
:dust: Jo

Hi Hun Basically you are looking for a peak stick leading up to AF A nice Clear LH line that gets darker each day (POAS.com explain the link between hcg and LH really well)

So "most" people don't see LH pre AF so the LH on the stick is actually picking up the hcg, and then the oestrogen lingering in the body to sustain pgncy

It's not fool proof as some women will show LH but it worked for me last time and confirmed my sisters pregnancy 2weeks later (which is hard to be honest at the moment but positive thinking positive thinking !!)

Again FF gallery shows you Opk used as hpt and POAS explain it really well (some suggestion that the CBFM sticks are the same as those used in the cb digi HPTs)

Disclaimer !!!!!! Lol !!!!!! Always double check any possible OPKs with a hpt !! But you will know whether it's worth a hpt or not by using the CBFM stick !!!

Gosh I'm rambling of on one today !!!

:dust: jo xx

Thanks hunni, thats really interesting! Lets hope I need to know this this cycle so I can try it :winkwink:

I know how you feel about sis, mine was 7 weeks ahead of me before my m/c. Its pretty hard to speak to her and see what shes up too, last time I just cried after hearing she was getting a bump I was thinking 'so should i':cry: Its her first so I am happy for them its just really, really hard to be positive about it all the time.:nope:

You've been a little fountain of knowledge today thankyou hunni its appriciated please keep me informed with how you get on. Like I said last post hope o comes soon for you and you catch your egg!:hugs:

Now its me writting essays so I must go speak soon, Kate.x

Well Im at a loss today. Dont know if I o'd or not the lines on my sticks are still dark so I dunno......

TMI COMMING UP......

Me and oh bd this am and where normally quite a bit of his cum comes out today almost nothing came out so hoping thats a good sign!! Sorry about the tmi but there we go.....

Lots of :dust: your way ladies.x

still on my phone. Did x3 opks today, all very negative. But...cm is creamy-going-watery, cp is high snd softer than normal and open-ish, can never quite get the hang of the cervix thing. I need 2 so I can compare at the same time. ......i also think im gonna get some action tonight.

Lol Narla you welcome ! Years of obsessing over TTC !!! If you still getting strong Opks I'd keep DTD to cover all corners !! I have been known (to DH amusement/bemusement!) to lie back and put my legs over my head to help the :spermy: on !!!!! I'm sure it helps !!

MB my Opks are still "technically" negative but I have CM and a bit crampy like ov cramps ! Who knows, with DD #3 I never got a positive Opk (using CB) and I must have ovulated !! Anyway, taking no chances and DH will be having an early night :wink:

:dust: and love to all
X X X

Hmmmm....still v neg opk. No action last night, but got a quickie this morning. Went to the loo not long ago and ive started spotting. Stupid body! Im ok if it turns into full blown af. 1st cycle coming around nice and early. If its not, well, ive no idea. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->