Anyone using cbfm/opks after m/c?

Hi Ladies,
Had my FS appointment. Basically, no answers yet and I'm being sent for a bunch more tests and DH will have a SA done. All we know is no chromosomal abnormalities. He wants us to stop TTC for now, but that wont happen. I pointed out that it took 10 cycles to get preg after last mc with actively trying, so it isnt very likely that we'll get preg before all test results come back anyway. He still wants us to prevent, but that aint gonna happen. He also wants me to stop temping....(not gonna happen, I dont even know if i can!) and to stop taking vitex (he didnt know what it was but wanted me to stop it and he'll do some research). He wants me to continue with the folic acid and start taking CoQ10 which can improve egg quality. More details on the exact tests being done in my journal.

FF gave me crosshairs today! Although, she puts me at only 5 dpo. I can understand her reasoning when looking at temps, but she is ignoring my opks and cm. So, am now either 5 or 7 dpo or I never O'd at all.
If I havent O'd then perhaps AF will be here soon and I can look forward to getting CD22 blood test done.
Why does everythign have to take soooo much time!!!!!!
So, at the end of the day......the FS was a very lovely man and very thorough. We still have no answers as to why I lose babies, but I am confident that we will get answers. I dont have clomid, but perhaps after a CD22 blood test, that may be something he'll consider.

Hi m/b,

So glad he was nice and its good he's sending you for more tests hun, hopefully they may be able to work out why you keep m/cíng as you say. Mmmm what you gonna do with DH then just do it without him knowing :shhh:?

As for ff, Ive never temped so I dont understand it all :shrug:, if you could be 7dpo now then at least you may not be far away from the answer all be it the witch or a BFP. I know I didnt O the first cycle after m/c and I know how frustrating it is, Ive never been so glad that af turned up when she did however now Im fretfull that I may not O this time either!! I really hate my body sometimes drives me :wacko:

What the cd22 blood test hun, Im being stupid?

Lots of:dust: and :hugs: your way.

Kate.xx

Temping all sounds so confusing, but if ever youre interested check out Fertilityfriend.com Its actually really fascinating and the control freak in me gets to see what my body is up to.
DH agrees with me that we should continue to TTC.
The CD22 blood test checks progesterone and oestradiol and LH levels (I think, would have to check back..) This then tells if it was a strong or weak ovulation. I guess, this means egg quality. I'm not exactly sure, but will let you know when i find out.
Wish I could have the test now to tell me weather or not i have ov'd!

Well Im up with lo in the nights still so not sure if it would work for me, Id love to try it though. Does it work with a normal digital thermo?

Just thought Id share my opk pics from the last few days Im so hoping Im going to O this cycle and they def seem to be getting darker, the bottom one is todays.......................... Please be honest................................:shrug:

opks.jpg

Theyre def getting darker! O is coming up.

My LO has only just started sleeping right through the night. (He is three at the end of this month. I dont have good sleepers, lol) I've always temped since TTC. Everyone is different but as long as I get 3 hours sleep my temps are ok and not too out of whack. A BBT thermometer is still a normal digital thermometer only is measure to two decimal points. When i first started temping I used a normal thermometer with only one decimal place. My charts still showed a temp shift to confirm ov.

:yipee:

I might give it a try next cycle then, anything that helps!!!

Beware....it can become obsessive...It can also become very depressing especially during the TWW. A temp drop at the end of your cycle indicates (not always tho) that AF is flying in. That awful temp drop first thing in the morning is not the best way to start your day.

Oo, I can see that would come as a big slap in the face, not what you want first thing when you wake up!!

Hi ya m/b,

Thought Id pop in and check how you were getting on?

Im offically Oíng going by EWCM and darker opks, think Im gonna be one of those ladies who never get a dark dark opk. Are you like that too, had a feeling you were?

Well, hope you are well and we must stay in touch.x

Loads of :dust: and :hugs:.xx

Kate.xx

Hey kate, def sounds like o time. Hope youre busy.
Bad time for me. My BFFs mum is at the end stages of a long battle with cancer. Its so heartbreaking. She is a beautiful lady and has fought for so long. A tummy bug has gone through my family too so I now feel physically and emotionally drained.

Go get that eggy! I expect a bfp from you in two weeks! Id really like some good news.

oh, and I never got a true pos opk, except this cycle. But a bfn this morning and my backache (always indicative of impending af) tells me that it did no good anyway.

Oh hunni, Im so sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you through this very hard time :hugs::hugs:

How many dpo are you now hun? May still be a BFP looming!

Im ok got my peak today on the cbfm, bang on when my ticker says so Im so excited about that. Been covering myself pretty well so if it happens it happens there really is nothing more I can do, will be bdíng again tomorow and sun then its the waiting game!!:dohh:

Loads of :dust: and :hugs: your way hunni, thinking of you.xx

Ah Melly that sucks hun :hugs:

Narla...happy times DTD and covering your bases. Good luck for this month :flower:

XxX

'Hey girls,
Af got me yesterday, cd2 for me today. Today is mothers day so im kinda glad she showed yesterday. Ive decided to give up temping for this cycle. I know my cycle will still be messed up so i'll have no idea when i'll O. I wont use opks either. Im having cd22 bloods done this month. I think i'll keep everything a secret from myself!

Narla...on the emotional roller coaster again:dohh: although starting my journal has been helpful. I'm currently around 9/10 DPO and know I'm out for the month so just hurry up AF so I can start my next cycle :haha:

Melly...sorry the witch came :hugs: like you don't have enough on your plate already?! If my cycle is 26 days next month and I ovulate CD11, I'm binning my OPK's the next month and being ignorant too :thumbup:

XxX

Hi everyone, can I join you? I am on CD5 using CBFM of 1st proper cycle after losing my daughter Evelyn.

I intend to TTC asap as I am mid 30's. My GP says there is no physical reason why I can't and although I am awaiting results on 18th (to see if there was anything which caused my loss) I want to use this cycle to make sure I am still having the same kind of cycle as pre pregnancy. I don't expect they will find anything on the tests so am keen to try for my rainbow brother or sister for Evelyn as soon as possible. x

Good luck everyone xxx

M/B: Oo, sorry af showed up hun. Good luck with taking it easy this month. Hope your ok sending lots of :hugs: your way.x

SarahJane: Hi hun, sorry for your loss :hugs:. I just finished using my cbfm for the first proper cycle too and got my peak to my relief!! I didnt O after m/c so was panicing incase it happened again. But Im now on 2dpo not thinking I will get my BFP this time but just to know that I O'd is enough!! So how are you getting on, tomorow is the first poas day then!!xx

Hi Narla, sorry for your loss too :hugs:

I think POAS will depends on whether it remembers my old cycle as I seem to think it used to wait until cd7 before as it kinda learnt my cycle.

I will be so pleased if I get peaks this month. Like you I am not expecting to get a BFP straight away but it will be a huge relief if my cycle is at least fairly normal. It took me 8 months to conceive Evelyn so I have to be prepared for the same again just in case :growlmad:

I am not intending on temping or opk's as they stress me out too much, am just going to use CBFM for now and keep it simple

Good luck everyone and sorry AF got you Melly xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss Sarah Jane.

CD3 for me. BORED!!! Waiting for AF to finish. Have started taking CoQ10 as advised by FS. Are you girls taking any pills or magic medicines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->