Anyone with an 9/10 month old..?

MemmaJ

Reaction score
The age old question... Please can you share your routines?! Including amounts eaten for meals/amount of milk given (and when), nap times/length etc.

(Disclaimer: I know all baby's are different and it doesn't really matter, etc - but we are struggling a bit with my 9 and a half month old. Which is usually fine and we just get on with it, and generally it seems to work OK... But I am under a lot of extra stress at the moment with a very poorly parent and preparing to go back to work next week - and so would like to try and make things easier wherever possible. Would just be interested to see what works for other baby's around his age)

My dd is quite difficult too!
She has just got up and didn't go to bed till ten last night which is quite typical at the moment (she just cries in her cot until we get her down and doesn't want cuddled or food or anything!-?? Teeth)
She has a milk feed when she wakes up
She has one weetabix for breakfast with 4oz milk
She has usually a snacky lunch of salad bits, cheese, home made little pancakes,
some left overs or a pouch (130g) and maybe some fruit after
She has a proper dinner say around 4 table spoons of dinner and then some Dessert of fruit or yoghurt
She has a 7oz bottle before bed
She may or may not have milk feeds during the day, she eats quite a bit really. She most often has before lunch and before dinner if it's going to be a bit later.
She naps when she wants! She has no routine she will do something for a few days then changes her mind. On average she naps an hour a day. Not nearly enough.

I will say she is mostly a really happy girl if everything is done on her terms. She doesn't seem particularly tired?!

Sorry you're struggling :hugs:

she will do something for a few days then changes her mind.

Haha this is exactly what he does! Just when we think we've cracked it, he changes it all the next day! 😆
To be fair, he's not hard work at all - I think I'm quite lucky overall. He naps well, eats well (although I worry I'm not giving him enough), sometimes goes to bed well (sometimes not!) - he just does it all at random times, haha!

It's just frustrating to not know how the day is going to go etc, it makes it very hard to make any arrangements or plan anything. And with my mum being in hospital (which I have to take the kids to because OH is at work when I go to see her), and with me returning to work next week, I think the structure just needs to be a bit more obvious and easier to work around!

I believe he is also having teeth troubles though, as he is pooing like mad for the last few days (I think it was 9 times yesterday, and all of them 'loose'!) which has also resulted in nappy rash (which he's never had before), and the last 3 nights have been terrible. I can't see or feel anything there, but that's very unlike him

Hi :hi: sorry you are having a hard time :hugs:

So I think our LO's are about the same age :thumbup:

So food & milk wise she has as follows:

6am - Last BF (this is generally just a little drink/cuddle time before the days mayhem starts (I work FT))

8/8.30 - breakfast - so she is having weetabix with boob milk (or formula if I do not have any expressed)

9.30ish she will have a nap about 30mins

11.30/12 - milk about 6oz (I only know this as my mum feeds her from bottle I BF her) and she has lunch so as she refuses puree she has a sandwich or toast, some cheese & fruit

1-2.3/3 - she has a nap

3.30/4 - she has some milk but only about 4oz

5/5.30 - dinner and she will have what my son has - so the other day she had roast dinner (she LOVES food) or BBQ if we are having etc and yog as pudding
after dinner she has maybe a 20min nap

7.30/8 - milk & sleep

10 - I dream feed her 6/7oz of formula

But she wakes maybe once or twice in the night for a feed also (again BF so not sure how much she takes generally one feed is a lot and the other more for comfort)

In between that she is constantly on the go never stops she is now cruising furniture and starting to walk with her walker so using up a lot of energy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->