Aphrodite...Conceiving Tigers in 2010 - 17 Graduates so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibiscus - yoru NP sounds very sensible! I actually am stopping going to my gyno, and will just continue seeing my FS - my gyno's comments really put me off, and it wouldn't be such a big deal if she didn't talk about weight every time I see her! I'm not overweight at all, I'm right in the middle of my BMI ideal range, so for the gyno to make all these comments was worrying, and I could just imagine her scolding me for already putting on 3 pounds - as if pregnant women didn't already have enough to worry about! lol. I have heard breastfeeding burns 500-800 calories a day! - lucky for us!! :)

Hibiscus - yoru NP sounds very sensible! I actually am stopping going to my gyno, and will just continue seeing my FS - my gyno's comments really put me off, and it wouldn't be such a big deal if she didn't talk about weight every time I see her! I'm not overweight at all, I'm right in the middle of my BMI ideal range, so for the gyno to make all these comments was worrying, and I could just imagine her scolding me for already putting on 3 pounds - as if pregnant women didn't already have enough to worry about! lol. I have heard breastfeeding burns 500-800 calories a day! - lucky for us!! :)

Ya, I would be hesitant to go back, as well! That doesn't sound very welcoming. You said you're 5'8" and 135, right? That's totally normal and healthy-sounding. I'm the same height as you and have an extra 30 lbs on you! (Ugh) My perfect weight is actually 145. *not gonna stress, not gonna stress, not gonna stress, deep breath* :wacko:

Hey Hibiscus, you're right, I'm 5'8" - I know it's hard not to stress isn't it! After your 12 weeks, are you going to do any exercise, or maybe because you're high risk, the docs will advise you not to do anything until after your pregnancy? After 12 weeks, I am going to try to take up prenatel pilates or yoga, and possibly some swimming too. I was 165lbs as well after my 1st year of Uni in England (too much fish 'n chips and kebabs!) but managed to get down to 135lbs the following year from joining the varsity rowing team, and have kept there since - but I do love my food, so I need to make sure I exercise along the way. I think my problem now is that I'm eating as usual, but not doing my usual exercise. Don't worry hon - we can bug each other after babies are out to hit the gym! :flower:

Hey Hibiscus, you're right, I'm 5'8" - I know it's hard not to stress isn't it! After your 12 weeks, are you going to do any exercise, or maybe because you're high risk, the docs will advise you not to do anything until after your pregnancy? After 12 weeks, I am going to try to take up prenatel pilates or yoga, and possibly some swimming too. I was 165lbs as well after my 1st year of Uni in England (too much fish 'n chips and kebabs!) but managed to get down to 135lbs the following year from joining the varsity rowing team, and have kept there since - but I do love my food, so I need to make sure I exercise along the way. I think my problem now is that I'm eating as usual, but not doing my usual exercise. Don't worry hon - we can bug each other after babies are out to hit the gym! :flower:

That's right--we will have an aphrodite post-graduate support thread!

Regarding being high risk, I don't even know that I am high risk. My NP seems unconcerned, but wants me to feel reassured after the problems I've had and that stupid flipped chromosome. I sure as hell hope I don't become high risk. Fingers crossed! I'm actually convinced that the chromosome caused the 2 MCs but that this one must be viable since it's sticking so far! I might be delusional, but I think I might go crazy otherwise.

I haven't been exercising at all partially because I'm worried about risk, but mostly because I feel lazy! I hope I have energy after 12 weeks to start again, though. I had been seeing a trainer on and off for several years, but she left my gym recently. One of the things she said is that if you focus a lot on your core, it can make late pregnancy and labor easier. We're apparently not supposed to do any ab exercises while on your back, but the plank is supposedly really good for pregnancy core strength. Sounds good now, but I can't imagine doing that, face down, with a huge belly at 6 months!

yes, we will definitely have a post-grad thread! love the idea! :)

I don't think you're being delusional at all! From the scans and tests that you've had, you've got a strong little babe in there! It's great that the docs are being so cautious, but I'm sure everything is going to go along so well. I've heard that planks are good - I hate planks! lol I think squats and forward lunges are good too. I had a trainer, but he moved back to New Zealand, so I feel a bit in limbo, since I'm not sure what I can do or how far I can push myself. That's why I thought doing pilates or yoga in a class after 12 weeks would be safe enough and will give me some guidance on what to do. How's your MS now - is it entirely gone?

Hi girls,
just a quick note because its been a crazy busy day here in lovely Regina :haha:
but i wanted to say hello and let you know i'm reading the thread and thinking of you guys

Nicole- look forward to hearing your high #'s tomorrow, glad the docs are taking good care of you
2016- i dont understand what is going on with you hon? someone has to be giving you answers soon....have you gotten a scan done? sorry if you already posted on that....agghh, i hope there is some reslolution soon. Big :hugs: to you

Hibiscus and Joli- weight gain are you kidding me??? Just enjoy your pregnancy and dont worry about what those nuts say...ha ha, my friend gained 70 llbs and she is only 5'5 albeit it took her almost a year to loose the weight but she did and had a healthy girl.
Joli you are gorgeous and suuuuper thin, i cant imagine you being any thinner- you are going to have a cute little prego bump. manga manga!! ha ha

as for me, cant wait to get home agggh....my customer made me drink in her room again tonight but i'm not feeling well so only had a couple of sips. Home late tomorrow night.

Sweetmama i feel your pain, I want the docs to do something now to help me, its great how they said you have a very good chance in conceiving on your own though. hugs

Hi girls....leaving for my scan in a minute. It's 2 hours drive away. DH is not coming with because I am, in theory, going into work after and my work is on the way back (in between the hospital and our house). it's just too far and too much traffic for a 120 mile 4 hour round trip! Will let you know how I get on.

Hey Britt - you make me laugh so much - you're like a little ray of sunshine on this thread! manga manga - haha - best thing I've heard all day! :rofl:

2016 - Looking forward to your update after you return from your scan - I can't believe you're having to drive so far to get it! I'm keeping my fx'd that everything is ok x

I hate being right....

It's another ectopic. :cry:
Just trying to sort out a doctor who can give me the methotrexate.

So sorry to hear this after all you've been through. At least they have finally given you a definate answer now. Just hope things go as best they can for you. Sending you loads of :hugs::hugs::hugs:

2016: I'm so sorry that you have to go through this again. I wish there was something I could say to help. :hugs: Let us know how you make out today. :hugs:

Thanks. I have found a hospital that will give the methotrexate...just waiting to be seen.

Sorry to hear your news 2016.... Hope things improve for you soon. Thinking of you hun x x

I'm glad you found one, it is not one bit fair that you've had to fight so hard to get proper medical care. You've been so strong and determined through this. I feel terrible that you were treated so badly by your dr. Is the hospital going to do your follow-up bloods?

Don't know...we will see when the doc finally calls me. If they are any good, I will come straight here next time. It is 20 miles from home but right near work :thumbup:

2016: I hope you have found a good hospital! :hugs:

taebomama: congrats on the big O!! tww wait time, so exciting :dust:

Lady just came into the hospital. She walks up to the counter and says "I want a scan because I am pregnant and bleeding"...they said "have you had a positive pregnancy test?" and she said "no, I am 10 days late for my period, went out to get a test and started bleeding."
Sorry for being insensitive, but it makes me cross for people to turn up here demanding stuff without the basics of taking a pee test. Takes the limited available service away from genuinely concerned women. We all know how easy it is to get your ov date wrong, so her period might not be late at all. I mean it could be late but I really think she should have tested! I will get back off my soapbox now. :blush:
Sorry I just feel so angry with the world today :cry:

2016: Hugs mama, I completely agree about that lady, she should have tested. We know what its like to struggle with fertility issues, its so frustrating when people demand stuff

I have been admitted. They won't just dish out the methotrexate and surgery might still be on the cards. Have to see snr consultants and they will decide. Phone almost out of battery so won't post again for a while.
:hugs:

I hate being right....

It's another ectopic. :cry:
Just trying to sort out a doctor who can give me the methotrexate.

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry :hugs:
This is so stressful. How did you determine that? What happened? Were they willing to do a scan? Same tube as last time? Argh--so frustrating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"