Aphrodite...Conceiving Tigers in 2010 - 17 Graduates so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 - just so you know, DH and I looked into it because we thought we would need IVF - if you go to Thailand, the medical care is excellent (the hospitals look like hotels), and it costs about US$4,000 (which is half the price it would cost in HK). We even went to visit the hospital, it's beautiful. Most people from HK doing IVF will go there, excellent reputation. You need to be in Bangkok for a total of 18 days to complete the treatment. I'm not 100% sure what the flights are from the UK, but the flights to HK direct from London are usually about 400 quid off peak season, and a flight from HK to Bangkok is very cheap, as it's only a 1.5 hour flight. This is just some food for thought!

This is the hospital we were going to use: https://www.bumrungrad.com/

Here's the fertility center:
https://www.bumrungrad.com/overseas...ces/clinics-and-centers/fertility-center.aspx

Hey girls,
Chia- oh my gosh have you tested yet????? :test:
so excited for you.

Nicole- glad to hear everything is going well, i feel so good about this one for you :baby::thumbup:

Joli- hope you get the house hon, i cant believe you will be 8 weeks soon!! :thumbup:

2016- it sounds like things are settling, i will be so happy for you when your HCG is 0 and you can get your body back to normal :hugs:

Nothing exciting with me but i must get back to work...
Oh i had EWCM for one day only back to normal now, i imagine i will O in 6 days...

cheers,
:kiss:

Joli-Hope you enjoy the house, I'm getting so frusterated with the packing part of it I just want to throw everything out.

britt: I think it's a great sign that your body is so regular. hope the next 6 days fly by for you, have fun bding!!

2016: sorry your levels from saturday were higher. I'll keep stalking your journal to see what the dr says.

I don't know where my results are!! :( not in the computer yet...starting to wonder if they went directly to my gyno's office. I phoned there but they aren't in until wednesday. Been harassing the walk-in and the office of the dr. who wrote the referral but no results yet. I'm going to stop by the walk-in clinic around 7 and see if they are in yet. They've never taken this long to get into the computer before, this clinic is normally so quick. I wouldn't be so impatient if that woman hadn't told me they would be in on Saturday.

Happy happy 5 weeks Nicole! :yipee: Hope you get your bloods soon but I am sure everything is fine :hugs:
MS already? Must be a girl! :haha:

Hey Gals... just a quick note before I go to sleep... finally had a chance to view the site from an actual comp instead of a mobile device... what a difference it makes!

Joli - Sounds like the house deal is moving along. :) Good for you! Never realised that your mum is Taiwanese. My parents are both Singaporeans, and my dad is actually Cantonese, but I can't speak any.

Nicole - Happy 5 Weeks! :rain:

GG - Hope you are feeling better.

2016 - Finally managed to read your journal. Mot much I can say but :hugs:! Wrt the twigs, try drinking them when they are hot, I reckon it tastes better than when cold, and have a sweet nearby on standby to suck on. At least that's my "method" whenever I'm forced to take some... I really do believe that chinese medication is good when trying to maintain a "balance" in one's body.... somewhat related to the yin/yang methodology.

Well girls, never had a chance to contemplate testing this morning coz AF arrived the moment I got up! Am contemplating either temping or using OPKs this cycle... after 4 mths or so, need to figure out when I actually O / what my cycle is really like.

ohhh, Chia, sorry AF came! Temping can be a bit stressful, but for me it was so incredibly useful, cause my cycles were all out of whack. Cantonese is a really hard language to learn! It has something like 9 accents, I find Mandarin a lot easier. Oh, I would strongly recommend using opks, they're great - but you might get obsessed with POAS <peeing on a stick>! :rofl:

chia: very sorry that af got you, you might like temping, I never thought I would but it's actually quite fun to see when you ovulate. I thought it made the time pass a bit more quickly as well. Lots of :dust: for this cycle!!

2016: I am very interested to see how the twigs work for you. It's so weird that she could tell which side the ectopic is on. I never knew about all of this stuff before. Hope your levels have dropped. Good luck! :hugs:

taebomama: How are you doing? haven't checked your chart in a bit, going to do that now. Hope you're having a good tww!! :dust:

sweetmama: how are you doing? is ds better now?

britt: hope you're having a good day! :)

It's 3 hours until my ultrasound, I'm so nervous! I definitely won't get my beta results until after, they said to check this afternoon. Does anyone know what they should be able to see today? I think it's too early to see a heartbeat?

Hey Nicole - I think it is too early to see a heartbeat, usually it starts at 6 weeks. I had a scan around 4w4d, and they couldn't see anything at that time - but you never know, by 5 weeks, they might be able to see your little bean! Hope so - send pics!

Hey Nic, good luck wtih the scan I'm sure everything will be perfect!!
Chia- sorry the witch got you, good luck for next cycle. Opk's are great if you dont want to jump into temping each day
How are you Sweetmama?
2016- hope all is well, look forward to hearing your update.

I got pummled in soccer last night so I am not mobile right now...ggrrr, cant even bend my leg. What is wrong with some people?? seriously its just a game

Have a great day and a great sleep Joli!! you should be in bed by now little mama :)
cheers,

Happy happy 5 weeks Nicole! :yipee: Hope you get your bloods soon but I am sure everything is fine :hugs:
MS already? Must be a girl! :haha:

Don't go by morning sickness as a gender predictor, 2 out of the 3 boys I had (the ones I gave up for adoption) ended up being morning sickness all 9 months lol.

chia: very sorry that af got you, you might like temping, I never thought I would but it's actually quite fun to see when you ovulate. I thought it made the time pass a bit more quickly as well. Lots of :dust: for this cycle!!

2016: I am very interested to see how the twigs work for you. It's so weird that she could tell which side the ectopic is on. I never knew about all of this stuff before. Hope your levels have dropped. Good luck! :hugs:

taebomama: How are you doing? haven't checked your chart in a bit, going to do that now. Hope you're having a good tww!! :dust:

sweetmama: how are you doing? is ds better now?

britt: hope you're having a good day! :)

It's 3 hours until my ultrasound, I'm so nervous! I definitely won't get my beta results until after, they said to check this afternoon. Does anyone know what they should be able to see today? I think it's too early to see a heartbeat?
I'm ok, DS is MUCH better thank you for asking, he's been back to his playful self for a few days now.

Hey Nic, good luck wtih the scan I'm sure everything will be perfect!!
Chia- sorry the witch got you, good luck for next cycle. Opk's are great if you dont want to jump into temping each day
How are you Sweetmama?
2016- hope all is well, look forward to hearing your update.

I got pummled in soccer last night so I am not mobile right now...ggrrr, cant even bend my leg. What is wrong with some people?? seriously its just a game

Have a great day and a great sleep Joli!! you should be in bed by now little mama :)
cheers,

I'm doing ok, I've come to acceptance of what my fate is and if its in God's will I will have a baby my first try if not then I will be blessed in his time.

AFM - Its 7 days till we move, I'm getting soo excited!

Hey everyone!

As much as I'd like to, I can't get a post in every day. But I do keep up with you all.

Joli: Congrats on the house! Got pics?

Nicole: Regarding your ultrasound, I copied this from a site:

Week 5 - Gestational Age (Fetal age 3 weeks)
The gestational sac is often the first thing that most transvaginal ultrasounds can detect at about 5 weeks. This is seen before a recognizable embryo can be seen. Within this week, at about week 5 ½ to the beginning of the 6th week, a yolk sac can be seen inside the gestational sac. The yolk sac will be the earliest source of nutrients for the developing fetus.

Week 6 - Gestational Age (Fetal age 4 weeks)
5 ½ to 6 ½ weeks is usually a very good time to detect either a fetal pole or even a fetal heart beat by vaginal ultrasound. The fetal pole is the first visible sign of a developing embryo.

Let us know how it goes!!!

chia: I'm sorry the witch got you. Your time will come! :flower:

Britt: Did you pummel her back? If not, maybe next time.

2016: You're in my prayers! :hugs:

Shey: How are YOU doing?

As for me, I'm doing well. Just trapped in the dreadful 2ww. The witch is due on March 28th, the day before my anniversary, which is also my birthday AND my husband's birthday. We normally go skiing and stay a night or 2 in Lake Tahoe. But who really wants an ultra-expensive room with a Jacuzzi tub, fireplace, etc. when the WITCH is here? So we are postponing our getaway until April (on the tail end of my possible O time). Of course there is a possibility that the witch won't come this month--but I'm not taking my chances with a messed up anniversary getaway. But a BFP would be a wonderful b-day/anniversary gift!

I'll talk to you all soon. I better go get some things done! Take care, all!

hey, going to be on later to catch up but thought I would let you know how the ultrasound went. It's in my uterus :yipee: saw the sac, which was a black dot but my little black dot :) She wouldn't give me a picture, she said she is superstitous and I can get one at the next ultrasound. I still wanted one but I was too happy to argue. She said it was so small they couldn't date it accurately yet but said that is normal when it's so early. Have an appointment friday morning with my family dr. Still no blood results but I imagine they're fine, had more done today and those should be in Thursday. :)

Brilliant nicole!!!! That is so awesome your beanie made it to the right place! You give me hope you really do :hugs:
I think this calls for......
:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

hey, going to be on later to catch up but thought I would let you know how the ultrasound went. It's in my uterus :yipee: saw the sac, which was a black dot but my little black dot :) She wouldn't give me a picture, she said she is superstitous and I can get one at the next ultrasound. I still wanted one but I was too happy to argue. She said it was so small they couldn't date it accurately yet but said that is normal when it's so early. Have an appointment friday morning with my family dr. Still no blood results but I imagine they're fine, had more done today and those should be in Thursday. :)

Haa thats awesome!! I just knew it, had a great feeling about this one Nicole. :happydance: Remember I did have that pregnant dream about you too... :)
:hugs:

2016, how are you feeling hon? have your levels gone down? thinking of you

I'm so happy your bean made it safely to your womb.:happydance:

Morning gals!

Britt - can't believe you got an injury! Gotta be careful with your knees in soccer. I always find it ridiculous how some girls can take friendly matches so seriously. Netball is supposed to be a non-contact sport, but that's a world class understatement! The nails and trips and barging come out in full force! :rofl: I hope you have a speedy recovery, and remember RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation)!

Nicole - what fantastic news!!!! I'm sooo happy for you! That's so cute that your doc is superstitious - it's not a combination that you normally hear of, doctors are normally so black and white in their beliefs. What are you getting checked with your family doc on Fri? Did they tell you when your next scan will be?

Taebomama - great to hear from you! - our first year anniversary will be 28 March, so we'll be celebrating on your birthdays! That's so sweet you guys have the same birthday! - same year too? No pics of the house yet, cause it's still under construction...

Sweetmama - I had no idea that you have given 2 boys for adoption, I'm sure you've made some other couples very happy indeed. Good luck with the move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"