Aphrodite...Conceiving Tigers in 2010 - 17 Graduates so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Nicole! - I'm sorry you didn't get a second interview... I'm sure you'll get a job soon! If you want, the next time you get an interview, I can PM you and help you with interview prep - I'm a wiz at interviews (please don't think I've got a big head about this ok? :)), but I've managed to land every job I've interviewed for, and I helped coach at the careers centre at my Uni - there's a definite technique to job interviews, and once you've got it, you'll get the job you want hon! :) The house is coming along well - it will take them quite a few more months to finish, so I'm just letting them get on with it!

help me too joli lol i need a job :( i feel like no one will even want to touch me whilst im pregnant x

of course GG! It's going to be tough to get a job whilst pregnant, but I think you either need to (1) find a job that you could convince them that you're in it for the long run, and that you'll be back even after you give birth... i.e. you're looking for a career; or (2) go for a temping job, and they know you're temporary, and you both know where you stand - if you go down this route, join a temping agency so that you can get interviews. Happy to look at your CV if you like :)

I agree Joli! Being interviewed is an art. Very easy when you know how.

GG isn't against the law for them to exclude you cos you're preggo? You don't even have to tell them do you?

thanks that would be great, its gonna be really hard as im dropping out of nursing but have had experience in working in an office about 4/5 yrs ago and working part time as a duty manager in a bar i think im just gonna have to keep my eyes peeled and keep checking the jobs pages ! x

pretty soon they will start to notice :) it is against the law but they will just say im not suitable xx

GG - why can't you continue being a nurse? That's such an awesome job, and it's one that you could temp for so easily!

sorry, im a student nurse only in my 2nd year of training.. im on the bank at mjy local hospital and work about 5 shifts a month as a health care support worker but i want something a bit more full time. dropping my nursing as have to redo my second year anyway and oh has to move for work so i will have to move with him (if he gets the job he went for an interveiw on wednesday, we will have to move to kent! south of england and I live up north) i will start my nursing again when we are more settled in the future, just want some money coming in so we can get finances in order and start saving for baby xxxx

GG...Kent is much closer to me than Newcastle for a playdate! :friends;

Hey GG - I went to University of Kent! It's a really pretty area - and just think of how much warmer it will be down south! haha. What kind of job do you think you'd like to go for?

2016 - That is good news! 2-3 weeks! :rain: Question - always wanted to ask this... do you have to manually reset the tickers that are running at the front page?

GG and Nicole - Don't stress too much about getting a job. I think with the right amount of prep, you will land the correct job when it comes along! Good Luck!

Britt - How are you?

TBMama - What's up at the moment? 13dpo

hey joki im guessing u just added me to fb? lol :)

ooo 2016 im loving that idea, it will be good have some friends!
thanks chia im not gonna stress, and not really sure what to do, i just want something to tide us over till we move, iv worked in bars so that could be an option but would really like something a bit less strenious lol, maybe sitting on my bum answering a phone all day maybe's about 25 hours a week will late starts in the morning so i could have a lie in hahaha am i dreaming? just gotta keep looking i suppose, staying at uni till i find somehting as the 280 £ a month is the only source of income i have at present x

GG - I just added you to FB... :) I do think that bar work might be a bit of a strain, esp if you are going to be on your feet most of the time. Keep on flipping the papers! Am sure something will come along :)

GG - I worked in a Bar my whole pregnancy with My second son that was given up for adoption and it was SUPER hard. I wouldn't recommend it.

Chia...yes I update it every morning!

:rofl:
Chia...yes I update it every morning!

wow that is dedication!! thanks. Congrats on the 2-3 weeks, i knew it was just around the corner.

GG- good luck with job prospects, I agree with Joli, nursing is a great profession, so if you can get back into it once you have moved, that would be an awesome career as a mom. Happy 11 weeks?? good gosh, time has flown..need to catch up to you girls... :rofl:

Nic- hope you get the next one hon, if you get an interview based on your qualifications, it ALL comes down to the interview- I would take Joli up on some ideas/tips for interview skills, it will be so helpful. You will get the next one hon!! The only tip I have is basically to be yourself, if you try to act how you think they would want you to- you usually end up awkward and they dont know the real you. Oh and dress professional even if the job doesnt have you wearing a suit (I have written off assistants based on this alone) be cheery and happy (as I know you are) and always be professional. Ha ha, I'm sure Joli will have much more scientific stuff, but that seems to have worked for me.

Chia, how are you doing? Taebo...any news??

as for me, I already got my positive opk can you believe it? I have joined another thread called Clomid in the LTTC section...which has been fun and from everything i read clomid would make me O later, but it looks like it will be one day earlier- hopefully tomorrow!! :thumbup:
now to catch DH....
:hug:

Britt...how did you girls think it kept updating? :rofl:

I am so excited about your positive opk early! :yipee: I hope this works first time for you! :dust:

Hi girls!

Just a really quick note to let you know hubby had an appointment today to get on a new, more sperm friendly medication. I'm not sure if he was able to get away from work to make it to the appointment or not. But he was supposed to ask if we'd have to wait the recommended 3 months. I'll let you guys know when I know. :winkwink:

On a sad note...

Today, a young lady of only 20 years will be laid to rest. Although I never met her, the tragedy of this is quite sad. Megan was killed Sunday morning in a car accident. Her boyfriend says she was driving, but I think it was him. He was drunk. He pulled her body from the vehicle before the cops got to the scene. This woman was technically my stepsister.

Attachments

• Megan.jpg
    Megan.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads