Aphrodite...Conceiving Tigers in 2010 - 17 Graduates so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, just wondering if I could join Team Aphrodite. Today = O day for me. :) Mar 14th is when DP & I start TTC #1. :D

Hi Cara! Welcome to TEAM APHRODITE!! You'll find this bunch to be very warm and welcoming, and we're located in all time zones, so you'll never be without a pal any time of day or night! :)

I saw you're TTC on Mar 14th - did you try during O this month? Tell us about yourself :)

Some quick info on me, DH and I got married in March 2009, and we've been TTC since. After coming off the pill, I discovered that I had PCOS, and was not ovulating(!) and DH got tested, and his spemys were not great. So I went on clomid for 2 cycles so that I could ovulate, and this last cycle, I was using Gonal-F (injection pen) to ovulate, and we did an IUI whilst on holiday in South Africa. I'm now 9/10dpo, and wondering whether this is it... ! If not, the plan is to do IUI two more times, and then we would have no other real option but to move onto IVF. We live in Hong Kong, and we're both lawyers (zzzzzzz!), I just turned 30 yesterday (and DH is also 30). I play netball, just started yoga, love jazz music, movies, travelling, and we have 2 kittens!

Ok... so I know I'm only 9/10dpo today (Mon here), but something possessed me to use an frer (must be post-birthday excitement!). I tested first thing, and in about 3 mins, a very very very very very faint faint faint line started to show. I thought to myself, "that can't be right", and I hopped in the shower to wake myself up a bit. 10-15 mins passed, and I looked back at the test, and the faint line was a tiny bit darker. Now, it's extremely faint, but it's there. I think i took the photos about 15-17 mins after. I'm not sure whether you can get an evap in 10-15mins on an frer?!? But I'm nearly sure the first faint lines started to show in the first 3 mins. Should I try again with smu, or wait until tomorrow morning again??

Attached are pics for your viewing pleasure...! I really don't want to get my hopes up, and I haven't told DH or anything. This just seems a bit too good to be true, so I want to be cautious about this. Please be honest on your thoughts! :)

Joli, I see it! And I never see faint lines...but I do see the faint line here! I hope with all my heart this is for real! I'm looking forward to your next test! :thumbup:

Oh my gosh Joli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
I wish i could call you right now hon, I am almost in tears I am so excited for you. I just told my DH!! Its a definite 100% BFP hon....can you believe it?????!! thats exactly how a positive on a frer should look at your DPO....the IUI worked, it worked hon!!
I just knew it with your symptoms and twinges, its a tell tale sign...
okay I am posting this so you know I saw your post and i will write more later.
Okay hon, for the last few Aphrodites left, please tell me all your symptoms even if they seemed minor
Big :hugs:

Cara welcome!!! as you can probably see this is like the luckiest thread and we desperately need new recruits as all the other members keep getting their BFPs!! :)
I ovulate in just under a week, look forward to sharing the journey with you.
baby dust

Thanks Britt and Tabomama!! I'm really scared to get my hopes up at the minute! If I can get out of the office this lunchtime, I might try another test with SMU and pay more attention to the time it takes for any line to show. I just read on another thread in the gallery section that some girls were having faulty frers showing false +'s, so I'll try another one just in case! It's still early so no huge symptoms, just the teeny tiny bit sore (.)(.) - they only feel sore when I push them or when it gets real cold! lol - and the funny muscle ache on Fri and Sat. Honestly, that's it! I can only be 9/10dpo today. This all feels so surreal, like it's not quite happening to me... ! But if it works, that's a big fat 'wow' for IUI! It is not cheap, but it's pretty inexpensive when you compare it to IVF. For any of you curious, all in all (including all scans, blood work and the IUI), it cost about US$800 (but I think HK is more expensive than the US and UK).

Joli, i totally understand about wanting to be cautious...but honestly i have NEVER had a hint of a line on a FRER- EVER!! I think the tests that were causing issues with FRER's were in the US and they showed 3 lines not 2.... but i know, do another couple of tests to make sure.
Actually i had tea last week with a good gf of mine and she said her only real symptoms when she was pregs with her second, was a bit of cramping and sore nipples that she only noticed in the cold!!! too funny, but that was her exact words, in the cold is the only time she noticed it.
Fx'd but hon it looks good!! have you told DH yet???

Hey Britt - I haven't told DH yet, I think I will go to the docs tomorrow and will get some bloods done so that I know for sure - I don't want him to get all excited yet, just in case! Actually, speaking of being cold, I have noticed the last 3 days or so, my nipples being totally sensitive to the cold, and it's really hard to get them back down! looks like I'm constantly carrying tic-tacs! :rofl: So I suppose that's another symptom.

So I did a SMU test using another frer just now, and I took the photo exactly 5 mins after, so I know it's within the time limit...it looks exactly the same as this mornings! So I don't think it's an evap!! :happydance: I hope the line is clearer tomorrow, and if so, I'll get bloods done! Anyone know whether it's too soon to do bloods?

Photo attached!

Attachments

• test2 smu.jpg
    test2 smu.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 7
  • test2 invert.jpg
    test2 invert.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 5
Woop woop!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feaking wooooooooooooooooooop! :wohoo:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JOliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
:yipee::headspin::bunny::rain::hugs::dust::yipee::headspin::bunny::rain::hugs::dust::yipee::headspin::bunny::rain::hugs::dust::yipee::headspin::bunny::rain::hugs::dust::yipee::headspin::bunny::rain::hugs::dust::yipee::headspin::bunny::rain::hugs::dust::yipee::headspin::bunny::rain::hugs::dust::yipee::headspin::bunny::rain::hugs::dust:

No doubting that's a :bfp:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It won't be too early for a blood test at all. The number won't be huge but it will deffo show up. So so excited for you right now!!!

Hello Cara98 :wave: :flower: I will add you to the front page. As you can see, our ladies are getting preggo like mad so we need reinforcements!!! :rofl:

Also, happy 5w hibiscus! :yipee:

<dashes over to other graduate thread as well>

haha, 2016, that's the biggest yippie I've ever seen from across the ocean! I'm loving all the dancing bunnies - I can feel it all the way here, with bells and whistles! :)

ok...so plan is, if line is still there tomorrow, I'll do bloods... part of me knows I should probably wait until I get bloods back before I tell DH, but the selfish part of me really wants to tell him tonight!!! There is a store we love here, and they sell the cutest chinese baby outfits and accessories, and we saw these adorable little chinese baby shoes a while back, and we always talk about having "little feet" - so I thought I might buy them and give them to DH as a gift as a prelude to telling him. I hope that's not jinxing anything!

For now, no moving me into the graduates list until I know for sure!! Have found it sooooooo hard to concentrate at work today!!

Yay Joli! I think that's a BFP!! I hope you get a darker line tomorrow! Can't wait for you to move over to graduate thread. I always still watch this thread to see how all you girls are getting on. After all you went through with IUI I so hope this is it for you! Whoop whoop! Xox :)

Joli...sorry I got a bit over excited and added you to the list - took you off for now and won't put you on until you say :blush:

Don't think you need to wait to tell DH. A line is a line! If hes anything like my DH he'd want to know sooner rather than later.
The little shoes sound like an adorable idea...and I personally don't believe in jinx :hugs:

OHHHHHH JOLI!!!! YAY!!! I SEE IT!! lol...congrats!! fingers crossed it get s darker and darker and darker! :happydance:

Aurora and Tink - it's great to hear from you!!! I love the girls on the undergrad thread, but am also looking forward moving onto the graduate thread!

2016 - don't apologise! I actually got really excited I saw my name on the grad list! :) I just feel like this is too good to be true, and am worried the bubble will burst!

9dpo is too early to do a digi test right?

Probably a bit early for the digi, they are only 50miu whereas the FRER is 25miu. 2-3 more days :yipee:

Thanks! :) Maybe I'll try a digi on Wed then!

Ok... I'm going to tell DH tonight when I get home, and will buy those cute little shoes! Fx'd this is the real deal!

I told DH! He had tears in his eyes and was sooo happy! The little shoes went down well too :) He confessed that earlier today, he was holding the kitten, and for a minute he was pretending that it was a little baby... awww....

So tonight I've tried a different brand early pregnancy test, and a line still showed up! pics attached. If you'd rather I posted these pics on another thread, please do let me know ok? I don't want to upset or offend anyone here, cause you're all such lovely lasses! :)

Attachments

• Test3 22-2-10.jpg
    Test3 22-2-10.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Test3 invert 22-2-10.jpg
    Test3 invert 22-2-10.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 3
Yay Joli!
I am so happy for you. I can even see the lines on my blackberry!
Can't wait to see tomorrow's test.

Welcome, Cara! This is a lucky thread, as the others have said haha

Thanks for the 5 week wishes, 2016! I am trying to stay positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"